guide matching downloaded transactions?

Is there a way to tell Money what criteria to use when matching downloaded
transactions?

I am trying to transition from Quicken to MS Money 2006. My first attempt at
downloading and matching transactions was a flop.  Money's guesses at matches
seem ridiculous--dates are separated by weeks and amounts are different.  And
the process of rematching seems very slow (on a nice computer).

If all it did was match the transaction amount, the result would be great.
As it is, the feature is completely unusable to me.

BTW, the method I used is file|import|download statement, and the file is a
QIF from my bank (all that is available).  Nothing in help or user guide.

Thanks,
--
Will
0

I've downloaded Adobe 9 , but I still can't open PDF files.
Just bought Windows 7 and now I cannot open PDF files sent to me via Hotmail concerning work. What to do? The quickest and easiest first step is to re-attribute PDF format to Adobe. Select a PDF file in Windows Explorer, right-mouse-click, Open With, Choose Program, select Adobe (may need to Browse), check the box "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file". OK Hope this helps DeanH "JohninMontreal" wrote: > Just bought Windows 7 and now I cannot open PDF files sent to me via Hotmail > concerning work. What to do? Ask in an Ado...

FreeExamKing Providing latest Q&A, brain dumps Hi, FreeExamKing is providing latest & accurate preparation practice questions and answers brain dumps, study guides, online practice testing engine, aud
FreeExamKing Providing latest Q&A, brain dumps Hi, FreeExamKing is providing latest & accurate preparation practice questions and answers brain dumps, study guides, online practice testing engine, audio exams, realistic or preparation labs and Ebooks for almost all certifications. click here to visit http://www.FreeExamKing.com and download free preparation and training study material. ...

baseline guides
Some of my pages show baseline guides on whole page and other pages show guides only in the margines. How do I get the guides to show on whole page of every page? Look at your master pages. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Mamma Bear" <Mamma Bear@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C904F877-AEB1-49E9-BBFD-CAFCB49B8C6D@microsoft.com... > Some of my pages show baseline guides on whole page and other pages show > guides only in the margines. > > How do I get the guides t...

match case
I have two string expressions, A and B, that I would like to check for case match. In my code I have If A=B Then do something End If I need for the comparison to be case sensitive. How can I do that? Thanks so much! Sam If StrComp(A, B, vbBinary) = 0 Then do something End If -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:247EE0D9-0182-4AE1-9385-2F4C57D4FB85@microsoft.com... >I have two string expressions, A and B, that I would ...

Downloading Address Books
Recently upgraded Office Pro to Office 2003 Pro. I am trying to download the corporate address book but am receiving the following error; 16:55:08 Microsoft Exchange offline address book 16:55:08 0X80004005 ...

OEM edition downloading ofc or ofx format
I recently purchased a new dell computer. As part of the bundle package it has Money 2006 standard oem edition. My bank is not listed under the banks to choose from when i set up the banking acct and I can't seem to automatically update my statements. My bank will export statements to microsoft money ofc and ofx format. Is there some way to connect the 2 so my statements will update automatically? Thanks for your help in advance! :) -- Dawn If your bank is not listed, no. Check to see if your bank is listed on the Are My Banks Online site: http://www.microsoft.com/money/ba...

I need help matching spreadsheets
Please help. I have two spreadhseets with file numbers in column A, but a bunch of additional data in the other columns. I need to know if the files on sheet 2 (smaller data set, named "RS") are on sheet 1 (larger data set, named "2008"). If so, I need it to produce a "1" on sheet 1, column "U". I've tried vlookup, but couldn't quite figure it out. Thank you. Hi, See my response to your post "VLOOKUP Help" in the "Excel General Questions" group. B. R. Ramachandran "JoeL" wrote: > P...

is there a downloadable TRIAL of Office 2008?
I can't seem to find a trial of this package. I am unwilling to buy even for home use without a trial. Would iWork 08 be just as good for my imac? <br><br>Thanks In article <ee89192.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, poopsie@officeformac.com wrote: > I can't seem to find a trial of this package. I am unwilling to buy even for > home use without a trial. There are rumors that a downloadable trial version may be available "shortly", though that hasn't been confirmed anywhere that I can find. Check back at MacTopia.com occasionally. In article &l...

Trap the delete transaction entry event
Hi All, Is there some way to trap the delete event in POS screen ? I need to do some db manipulation as soon as an entry is deleted from transaction screen in POS. I've gone through the customization guild and did not get any way out to handle this. Please help. Its very urgent. thanks ...

Is there any way to change the base guides from points to inches?

Match Invoice to Bank Account,How?
I would like to keep track of 1 widget that I sell. (How many sold ,taxes,shipping,etc) I need a report that shows only the widget sales, a report showing the taxes collected and which account/store sold it. 1. I sell one item, a widget for $19.95+tax, either through PayPal(PayPal Account),put them in stores or I sell them at a trade show(both deposits in bank). Each sale shows up in my accounts when I download the bank data. I would like to create reports that show the correct data from only these widget sales. If I create an invoice for each widget I sell, Money adds another $19.95+t...

Source of GL Transactions
A client has a couple of GL transactions but I can't figure out the source. The originating columns are blank except for the Originating Trx Source which is the same as the batch number. The source doc is GJ. The reference has SALESPO in both transactions. The entries are to Inventory and COGS. What could generate an entry with these accounts and the word SALESPO in the reference. -- Charles Allen, MVP Charles, My first thought is that these are inventory cost adjustments from POP invoices where the invoice cost did not match the receipt cost. Don't know if you've al...

downloadable clipart background
After I download a clipart and insert into my document, how do I get rid of the white background behind the artwork that shows up. -- Robindesigns RW wrote: > After I download a clipart and insert into my document, how do I get > rid of the white background behind the artwork that shows up. ==================================== What program are you using for your document? -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP Digital Image Highlights and FAQs http://tinyurl.com/aczzp Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that wo...

Spaces before GUID in subject line
Does anyone know if there is a way to limit the number of spaces that precedes the long GUID in the subject line when sending mail out from CRM? Im wondering if this is a function of Exchange or CRM. Im concerned about replying to emails from CRM that contain all those spaces. I know some filters see that as a spam attempt... Currently no supported option to alter this setting in v1.2 out of the box; It is either tuning it on or completed off. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. www.workopia.com "chad.buser@ncsi.cc" wrote: > Does anyone know if there is a way to limit the number ...

Realexamquestions.com study guides are better than Testking.co.uk study guides
Realexamquestions.com study guides are better than Testking.co.uk study guides ...

Syntax for a static GUID in Jet SQL
I'm trying to execute an INSERT query with a static GUID value, but can't get the syntax right. Assuming that Col1 of Table1 is a GUID field, what's the correct form of the following: INSERT INTO Table1 (Col1, Col2... ColN) SELECT '12345678-9ABC-DEF0-1234-56789ABCDEF0', Col2... ColN FROM Table2 I've tried various combinations of ', ", #, {}... and can't seem to find the answer. Thanks. J Not sure but I think that for JET, you need something like: {guid {5FF51B8E-8A0C-11D2-BD7C-006008D242CD}} Don't know if you must enclose this between sin...

More style guide & UI examples
Hello Everyone, I'm trying to learn the new SDK and would like to create my own list view and edit pages. I was hoping someone could send me or link me to a few more examples that include both the aspx and code behind it. I've already looked over the SDK samples but only find lots of back end non visual examples with the exception of the sample.htm stylesheet but that doesn't cover tabs, grids or lists. Any help would be greatly appreciated. There are code samples that you can download on www.gotdotnet.com. Search for the CRM Sandbox and apply to join the site. -- Matt...

reprinting payables transaction posting journal
I made an error when posting a batch. I need to reprint the Payables Transaction Posting Journal from this batch. Please help. Go to Reports...Purchasing...Posting Journals, select the audit trail code, and print it. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Jason" wrote: > I made an error when posting a batch. I need to reprint the Payables > Transaction Posting Journal from this batch. Please help. ------=_NextPart_0001_7F2F956B Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Jason, Were you able to get the report you needed? Let us know if you had questions print...

Which formula to match string subset?
I'm being obtuse today and can't figure out which formula to use to match the beginning portion of a string. For instance, in a SUMPRODUCT or IF statement I need to be able to identify just those records where the first few characters of value in cell within a named range matches what is specified in the formula. Named Range = Freight Named Range=FtChg GR1234 125.00 2D9879 300.00 GR3467 50.00 SA0009 285.00 GR0099 ...

Transaction analysis missing
The following message is appearing while posting transaction into Payables Management module. "This transaction contains errors. It won't be posted. Transaction analysis information for this transaction is incorrect or missing" The accounts used in this window do not linked with Analytical accounting class. There is no mapping of Dimentions to the account where this error is appearing. This message is appearing after Microsoft Dynamics GP SP2 installation. Please advice ...

Guides
The margin guides Publisher generates are the pink ones I think, what then are the blue ones just inside the pink ones? What purpose do they serve. Also how can I vary the space between grid guides, ie the space between the column and row guides? Can anyone help please? Whilst attempting to develop brick-based storage technology, Ed reads a message from John Harris <risca@gil.com.au> > The margin guides Publisher generates are the pink ones I > think, what then are the blue ones just inside the pink > ones? What purpose do they serve. Also how can I vary the > space betw...

Money 2004 user's guide
I need step by step instruction on how to print the user's guide for Money 2004 ...

budget amounts do not match scheduled bills and deposits
I've read about this all over the board. The budgeting feature does not accurately reflect the scheduled bills and deposits. For me this is most evident under 'income' where previously edited or deleted deposits continue to show up like ghosts in the budget, even after they've been deleted altogether. my rant - don't read if you don't care: Workaround accounting with oppositive entries is not the way I want to manage my finances. Therefore until microsoft acknowledges this problem and isues a fix, Money 2003 Deluxe will continue to lack a budget feature at ...

AP Transaction Entry, Vendor should show vendor card comment
We are using GP Version 9. When entering an ap transaction, it would be helpful to have a brief comment/note on the vendor be viewable. You could note that the vendor needs special attention to prevent entering/paying a vendor in error or getting the proper coding, etc. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader an...

Sell Transaction recorded as "payment"
Hi, I am using Money 2005, and I have one persisting problems with one investment account. All of my "sell transaction" were recorded as "payment", and deducted from associated cash account. Now it shows -$80,000 in this cash account while I actually have $2,000 in it. I have changed the transaction type from "sell" to "buy" to all my "sell" transactions, then changed them back to "sell" again. It seemed to correct the problem at the moment, until I open the same Money file again. Anyone here encounter this type of strange p...