great

This is a great newsgroup glad I found it.
hope to learn a lot here and natrally also to contribute.

There are more things in heven and earth tan we know
http://spiritualnowbusiness.blogspot.com/

---
MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20070608110655W6g5FqZ2

money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Great Plains and RMS
I've upgraded our RMS systems to service pack 3. We now have the option of selecting the GP accounting option. It looks like we have to download an add-on for Great Plains.. Is this true ? The one out there only says for import to GP 7.5 We are currently running GP 8.0. Will it work for this version? Do I even need this add-on, now that you can select the GP accounting option? Scot, KB 893330 discusses integration with GP 8.0, but the links are broken for the download. If my memory is correct, there was talk about a 10/01/05 release date. -- * "Scot S" <ScotS@discussio...

What is this great plains?
The website is down and i want to install CRM but find everywhere links to greatplains. Is the essential, just an add-on......? ...

great
This is a great newsgroup glad I found it. hope to learn a lot here and natrally also to contribute. There are more things in heven and earth tan we know http://spiritualnowbusiness.blogspot.com/ --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20070608110655W6g5FqZ2 ---- Posted via Pronews.com - Premium Corporate Usenet News Provider ---- http://www.pronews.com offers corporate packages that have access to 100,000+ newsgroups ...

Great Plains
Hello, I have a report made in Crystal for purchase orders. I want to open this report when I click on print button from "Purchase Order Entry" window. Any help is welcome. Radu. The easiest thing would be to purchase one of the third-party modules that are available. One tool is from Accountable Software called Forms Printer. Another tool is Crystallizer. I cannot remember who makes it, though. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Radu LP" wrote: > Hello, > I have a report made in Crystal for purchase orders. I want to open this > report when I click on print butto...

Implemeting Portals in Great Plains?
Hi All, What are the requierments to implement Portals for Great Plains for other branchs to be able to access it online through the internet? Does Microsoft provide a While Papers for Portals Deployements Guide ? Thanks, Habibalby There are a few white papers concerning Business Portal, a Sharepoint-based portal. You may want to log into CustomerSource and review them. "MS GPS" <habibalby@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eM4O6bTxFHA.3856@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > What are the requierments to implement Portals for Great Plains for other > br...

MS Great Plains
We have Great Plains (PersonnelOracle Version 2002.03.15 3.0.6. and PowerTool 2002.03.19. 3.1.1.) installed. Previously we have used Office 2000 and the Word merge was working perfectly. Upgrading to 2002 or 2003 the Word merge stopped working, I suppose we need new templates for Word 2003 (.dot files). Who shall we contact with? Any suggestion would be appreciated! Where do Oracle and PowerTool come into the equation? Are you trying to use Word with Microsoft Great Plains? How were you doing it with Word 2000? "Zoltan Bacs" <Zoltan Bacs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Faxing via desktop from Great Plains (customer invoices,etc.)
We have the need to fax from our desktops. We are on Great Plains 8.0. Examples are customer invoices. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=3238cba3-0f91-47c1-...

You guys are great!
This is a great group! I know sometimes it is frustrating because we (novices ) fail to give you all of the facts, but the bottom line is that I ALWAYS get the answer to my questions!! THANKS! Ron H. ----------------- www.Newsgroup-Binaries.com - *Completion*Retention*Speed* Access your favorite newsgroups from home or on the road ----------------- I've learned more through the years from hanging out in this group than any other source. I try to answer questions as often as I can, but I learn way more than I teach. I think that is part of the nature of participation. Tom &quo...

Microsoft Security Patch and Great Plains
We are applying following Security Patches to our Great Plains server. This is on Microsoft Windows Server 2003 with SQL Server 2000 - latest SP. Is there a way to find out if any of these may conflict with Great Plains and/or FRx? I am not able to find any information on Microsoft website. We always apply these patches and either something with GP or FRx is broken - in most cases FRx. We would appreciate your feedback. List of security patches: MS05-052 - Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (KB Article Q896688) MS05-051 - Vulnerabilities in MSDTC and COM+ (KB Article Q902400) MS...

Database Constraint Violated SQL Error for Great Plains 8
Hi there. We're doing a save on a MS Great Plains with SQL Server screen and get the following error: "A save operation on table 'WS_Time_Sheet_TRX_WORK' failed because a database constraint was violated." If I hit More Info it says: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]INSERT statement conflicted with COLUMN FOREIGN KEY constraint 'FK_WS10702_UPR00100'. The conflict occurred in database 'NSP', table 'U00100PR', column 'EMPLOYID'. I know these messages probably make perfect sense to you guys, but I'm a newbie. Can you p...

Extracting data from great plains
How can I extract data from different accouting periods and bring them into a single file. I do not have Microsoft support. Hello Dirty, That's a very generic question. Data frolm which modules? What kind of data? What kind of source file? What do you want to do with the data? A little more information will help to guide you in the right direction. Thanks > How can I extract data from different accouting periods and bring them > into a single file. I do not have Microsoft support. > That is a very generic request, but you can use RW and print to a file or you colld c...

More great answers
What is the difference between a Harley and a Hoover? The position of the dirt bag. Why is divorce so expensive? Because it's worth it. What do you see when the Pillsbury Dough Boy bends over? Doughnuts. Why is air a lot like sex? Because it's no big deal unless you're not getting any. 'tramadol overnight' (http://tramadols.oduuy.info/tramadol-overnight.html) 'ac adapter' (http://adapters.aiipa.info/ac-adapter.html) -- NightLadies ------------------------------------------------------------------------ NightLadies's Profile: http://www.excelforum...

do something great
I need some help to sort my life out and make things better for my wife and the kids. Please send �1 or $1 to me at; 4 Pipit Close, Gosport, Hampshire. UK. PO12 4JE. Thanks if you can help. I hope to help others once I am sorted out. Included your address if you want to know how I get on. ...

Great Plains or Great Plains Standard???
I used to be able to use a script similar to: local integer l_Version; local string l_VersionString; l_Version = 'SQL Server' of globals; case l_Version in [1] l_VersionString="Great Plains Prsv"; in [10] l_VersionString="Great Plains Standard"; in [100] l_VersionString="Great Plains"; end case; warning "You are running: " + l_VersionString; Now it appears as though every implementation returns a 100. Is there some quick way of identifying which implementation is being used? Here is the code I use. The trick...

SBF and Great Plains
Hi, I am a newbie in here and wanted to know some basic stuff 1) SBF and Great Plains how are they related ? 2) Internally do they use the same table structure ? 3) If so, what is the easiest way of reading the completely impossible table data and names ? 4) Any tool recommended for reading the table structure and mapping exact table names to screen entries ? Thanks in advance. 1. They are basically the same app but SBF is stripped down functionality-wise. 2. Yes, they use the same table structure. 3. I disagree with your adjective but you can download the SDK from CustomerSource for ...

Great Plains........the much older version
My company has Great Plains 8.0 and Great Plains Version 7.1 on a Macintosh computer. I need to know where to get technical support training for the 7.1 version of Great Plains. I am new to using this system and we keep using it for history purposes. Does anyone know where I can get help with this?? Are you talking about Great Plains Accounting? The old DOS (character based) system? Great Plains today (what used to be called Dynamics, C/S+ or eEnterprise) has not supported Macintosh for quite a while. Certainly 8.0 and 7.x were not supported on Mac. If it is GPA, you will find i...

great ng
this newsgroup is great! as a novice to win32 programming, i was able to get some hard (for me!) problems solved amazingly quickly. well they all turned out to be simple errors on my part but i never would have figured it out. thanks to all the great mvp's and others here! i thought it was going to be the blind leading the blind but that turned out to be anti-MS bias on my part. Well, I still hate Windows! :-) > this newsgroup is great! as a novice to win32 programming, i was able > to get some hard (for me!) problems solved amazingly quickly. well > they all turned out to ...

Development Information for Great Plains
Here's a web site that might prove useful for people who want to customize Great Plains. http://www.businessframework.com/gptech.aspx Other information can be found in the following locations: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmbsgp/html/mbs_gpdevtools_introduction.asp The Great Plains SDK (Software Developers Kit), which can be installed from the Tools folder of CD 2 of the Great Plains install CDs. Conference materials from the Extras page of http://www.rocktonsoftware.com Additional information from the Training page of http://www.winthropdc.co...

that great
all of you are great ...

ADP eTime Great Plains integration
Has anyone used integration manager to import payroll transactions from ADP eTime into Great Plains Payroll? Does anyone know of third party add-ons that do this? Thanks, John ...

Integration Manager error: unknown Great Plains field subtype '243
When a user with class 'ARSupvisor' tried to upload invoices to GP, an error message show up as in the title. We have to set to 'Accounting Mgr' to have the upload done successfully. Can someone tell why it is like this? What can we change to make a 'ARSupvisor' be able to upload? (access right, etc) Thanks in advance! Kevin I have not tried this in version 10 yet, but I know in previous versions of GP, a user had to have access to the SOP Setup screen to be able to import SOP invoices using Integration Manager. Hope that helps. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP...

Great problem
I have a great problem. My MFC dll crashes. I dont have any expirience in debugging MFC or DLLs. How can I discover a problem? It crashes on place where there is no code lines (???). If I put something abow or below that line everything above will execute properly. This is a small peace of code: Debug("This works\r\n"); } catch (...) { Debug("Never comes here.\r\n"); return 0; } Debug("Never comes here.\r\n"); I belive that some of my previous actions causes memory overwrite and when app accessed "overwritten" peace of memory it imme...

Great Plains
A customer asked me the following questions: 1. Does Web Portal allow user the full functionality available with Great Plains window based client. 2. Does the integration module support protocols such as SOAP? (I said yes it does to this question. Have I answered rightly as I have never implemented the integration module feature before) 3. Can Great Plains functionalities be accessed as web service? Can anyone help with any or all of the questions above. Thank you I have some of your answers: 1. You can access all of the Great Plains functionality if you have Great Plains installed on ...

Great Plains Users getting 'STUCK' in Great Plains
I'm not sure where to start troubleshooting this.. I have a user that continually gets hung in Great Plains 7.5. EVERY morning when she tries to log in, her account is already logged on and I have to go into the User Activity Security screen and delete her active session - then she is OK until the next time she logs out and tries to log in again. Yesterday and Today - my 'sa' account got locked in two different companies. Thank Goodness I had a 3rd company to log into and then kick myself out. Anyone have any ideas why this might be happening? Are you running ...

DBMS: 2627 Great Plain, Great Plain 0
wHAT IS THIS This is a SQL error, not Great Plains. Here might be something that can help. MAKE SURE YOU MAKE A BACKUP OF DYNAMICS AND COMPANY DATABASE BEFORE STARTING. Issue Error - "[Microsoft] [ODBC SQL Server Driver] [SQL Server] Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint PKRM30301 Cannot Insert duplicate key in object RM30301" occurs when running Paid Transaction Removal in Receivables Management. Note - When you hit OK on this dialog box, an information dialog box appears stating "The stored procedure in Paid Transaction Removal returned the following results: DBMS:26...