Got the final notice today

My issue of Money 2008 Deluxe gave it's final notice today that it will no
longer perform online updates.  This leaves the product virtually useless to
me.
I may tinker with the Python thingy that 'the finance buff' put together.
That looks like an interesting project. But as far as my primary financial
program goes, it's Moneydance.
I've been using Moneydance side by side for the last 8 or 9 months and I've
come to really like it.  It does everything MS Money does and does some
things better.
Anyone interested in trying Moneydance, can download a trial version for
free at their website.
I've used MS Money from version 98 right through to 2008.  Good-bye old
friend.
-Kevin N.

0
Kevin
3/30/2010 3:40:26 AM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

This is a better option to the finace buff's original solution.  I've been
using it for a while now:

http://sites.google.com/site/pocketsense/home/msmoneyfixp1

"Kevin" wrote:

> My issue of Money 2008 Deluxe gave it's final notice today that it will no
> longer perform online updates.  This leaves the product virtually useless to
> me.
> I may tinker with the Python thingy that 'the finance buff' put together.
> That looks like an interesting project. But as far as my primary financial
> program goes, it's Moneydance.
> I've been using Moneydance side by side for the last 8 or 9 months and I've
> come to really like it.  It does everything MS Money does and does some
> things better.
> Anyone interested in trying Moneydance, can download a trial version for
> free at their website.
> I've used MS Money from version 98 right through to 2008.  Good-bye old
> friend.
> -Kevin N.
>

> .

Thanks Resson, I'll try it out.
-Kevin
"Ressom" <Ressom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is a better option to the finace buff's original solution.  I've been
> using it for a while now:
>
> http://sites.google.com/site/pocketsense/home/msmoneyfixp1
>
> "Kevin" wrote:
>
>> My issue of Money 2008 Deluxe gave it's final notice today that it will
>> no
>> longer perform online updates.  This leaves the product virtually useless
>> me.
>> I may tinker with the Python thingy that 'the finance buff' put together.
>> That looks like an interesting project. But as far as my primary
>> financial
>> program goes, it's Moneydance.
>> I've been using Moneydance side by side for the last 8 or 9 months and
>> I've
>> come to really like it.  It does everything MS Money does and does some
>> things better.
>> Anyone interested in trying Moneydance, can download a trial version for
>> free at their website.
>> I've used MS Money from version 98 right through to 2008.  Good-bye old
>> friend.
>> -Kevin N.
>>

>> .

0
Kevin

Inactivity Notice?
I would like to make a notice for inactivity in a row. So if nothin has been written in a row for a long time the whole row flashes o changes color. What I have is a very simple way of keeping track of quotes and eac row is a different quote. If there is no activity on that quote for while I want it to notify the user there has been no activity for sertain number of days but I want them to be able to turn it off it th quote becomes a job in the shop. I don't even know if this is possibl but I couldn't find anything anywhere else. Thanks in advance for your help Jaso -- Message ...

customizing outlook today #3
When I click on Customize Outlook Today.. nothing happens. I have left clicked, right clicked and nothing. I am working with Office 2000 and it does the same thing on all 3 of my computers. I have all of the current updates. Any thoughts? ...

Serious bug in Outlook2003SP2
Hi there, if any MVP out there can help me on this? Server side Exch2003sp1 running on w2k3 (no sp) with BE&FE config. Previously with o2k3sp1 running on wxpsp2, in ol2003 cache mode, after adding public folders in Favorites (PF in F), for emails in "PF in F" I can "save as" the email to local harddisk as msg file, after email saved I can delete it from my "PF in F" without delete the original email on server's public folder. However after install o2k3 sp2, for "PF in F" found that I cannot "save as" msg file, prompted "you...

Oops already got my question answered
Sorry, I reread Brian Tillman's post from before and realized he had already answered my question. Using View- Bcc Field brings it up on the tool bar and I can paste away. Thanks again! ...

Matt Ohara I got the same problem
Did you figure out how to delete custom forms? I have tried everything and nothing gives the permissions to do that. ...

Customization beyond simple for Outlook Today....
I have a customer who REALLY wants to customize their Outlook today. I have done the minor things like adding background images and links to other things on it - but this one has me stumped. They want outlook today to come up with someone elses calendar listed there instead of theirs. I can change the Calendar link to the other person's calendar no problem... but the data it is pulling - well, I don't know how to tell it to pull from the other mailbox/calendar there. To put it into perspective, I have an administrative assistant who would want his bosses calendar to come up LISTED OU...

Got an error in Bill of Material
Hi, We tried to put items in the Bill of Material (Manufacturing) and got an error message: "An actural component can't be used to make standard cost finished good". Can anyone tell us what mistakes we made and how to fix it? Thanks for your attention and help. stien Your component item is using a perpetual or average item valuation method while the parent item is using a periodic valuation method. Its that simple. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at h...

Try/Finally the only way to Exit nested For loops?
Hello - I was wondering if it is the best way to exit nested For loops by using an empty Try/Finally block? Is there any other "nicer" way of doing this in Visual Basic? Try For i ... For j ... If lError Then Return Nothing ' This will also enter the Finally block For k ... Exit Try Finally End Try Thanks, Joe On Feb 4, 7:45=A0am, Joe Duchtel <duch...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello - > > I was wondering if it is the best way to exit nested For loops by > using an empty Try/Finally block? =A0Is there any other &...

Create a button that will date stamp todays date in a cell
I want to create a button that when clicked will enter todays date in the selected cell. Basically a date stamp button. I tried doing a macro but it did not work for me. I know the shortcut of ctrl+; to enter a date but I have others using the worksheet. Thanks Create a button from the Forms command bar, and assign to it the following macro: Sub TimeStamp() ActiveCell.Value = Int(Now) End Sub -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Tom Meacham" <tom@sourcefinancialmtg.com> wrote in message news:u...

Got it
The following steps did it. Tools>E-mail Accounts>Add a new directory or address book>Next>Additional address books>Next. Select Outlook Address Book, click Next, then Finish I did not created a new address book ( I think ) but on a list switched from Personal Address book to Contacts, I know I did something like this. Can tell you exactly since was checking everything. ...

Got to put workbook on a diet!
I'm down to Row 8899 and out to Col AB on the front (data) sheet. It's got about 9,000 hyperlinks in it. Sheets 2 and 3 are pages with different search functions on them: one searches the data sheet and one searches through all the Word docs the hyperlinks point to. The last sheet is a "banner page" with a MsgBox that pops up only if they have macros enabled. Click OK, it hides that sheet and lets you see the data. The whole file saves at about 7.7 meg. The problem is that it takes a long time to open, especially on some of the slower computers (Pentium 100, anyone?). I...

why does not my Customize Outlook Today work
why does not my Customize Outlook Today work in my Office 2000? It will not open and I am not able to Customize anything in Outlook Today OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Everett asked: | why does not my Cust...

Migration Path from DPM 2010 RC to Final Retail Vesion
We're recommending DPM 2010 to clients; can someone confirm the RC will be a straightforward upgrade to final retail? Cheers When will the RC bits be available? "Stuscotland" wrote: > We're recommending DPM 2010 to clients; can someone confirm the RC will be a > straightforward upgrade to final retail? > > Cheers Yes RC will be straightforward upgrade to final retail -- “Thanks, Nutesh Garg [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the term...

Outlook Today as Startup
I have a user who'd like Outlook Today to automatically appear whenever Outlook is opened. Normally, I would select "Options" from the Outlook Today page and select the feature that makes it the default. However, when I select "Options" on this user's PC, nothing happens. It doesn't take me to the Outlook Today Options. Any ideas why this would happen or another way to do this? We're using Outlook 98 in Windows 2000 Profesional. Thanks! Have you tried clicking the Tools menu, Options, Other tab, Advanced Options, at the top is a dropdown list ...

query for Dates between today and 30 days back
Hi, I am trying to create a list from a the query that will be ran frequently, it is supposed to show employees on the list that are have dates between now and 30 days ago. I think that I am close with the where clause but no quite. Please will you help me? Thanks, Misty Ex. for today, 12/4/07, all dates between 12/4/07 and 11/5/07. Select Date, Employee From EmpRec Where Date >=DateSerial(Year(Date()),Day(Date()),1) And <DateSerial(Year(Date ()),Day(Date())+1,30) -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200712/1 WHERE [...

Quotes: Got it customized, but still can't get what realy is desir
Utilizing CRM 1.2, strictly adhering to the customizations approved by Microsoft, I customized quotes and was able to generate what I want. Thoguh all calculations and product details are to my expectations, but still not what i want it to be. I am looking forward to be able to print quotes from the CRM itself. This involves the following, which I am unable to do...: 1.) How to include company logo etc. 2.) Product details are shown in a different tab and do not come up when i click print preview, how to incluide oproduct details and detailed pricing on the quote print layout? 3.) All ...

Got problems after upgrading to SP2
After being installed SP2 from SP1, all the function keys(win, ctrl, alt, ....) malfunctions, the items windows become empty when open Administrative Tools->Services, and it shows "Setup could not verify the integrity of the file Update.inf. Make sure the Cryptographic service is running on this computer." when I try to install Windows Installer 3.1. What can be the problem please? Thanks in advance. BTW, do I need to install SP2 prior to installing SP3? "Elliot" <fai_elliot@yahoo.com.hk> wrote in message news:72B4AFBB-B06C-4956-934F-E60C535949...

you got to check this out
go to www.mcvweb.com you will see ...

Excel 2003 help doesn't work. I got both Excel 2003 and 2007 insta
I have both Excel 2003 and Excel 2007 installed. The Excel 2003 help doesn't work, but the Excel 2007 help works fine. When trying to open help in Excel 2003, the help window open, but it's all grey. ...

All of my posts got deleted
Hi All....... Really strange thing.......I got up this morning and noticed that ALL of my posts have been deleted from this newsgroup. There were well over a hundred in the last few months and now they are all missing. The other Newsgroups seem fine. Only on this one are they missing. Anybody know anything other than "they have been having trouble"? Is this a permanent situation? Is anybody else missing posts? Hopefully, they will be restored, huh? Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 Something is wrong here today. Using OE, all day I have been at the most 23 hours behind t...

Have I got a security problem in Outlook XP (2002)?
My Tracking Option regarding Read Receipts is set to "Always Ask" (I have also tested with Never Send but get the same result). I use a macro to delete the emails which have been designated SPAM by my email server which uses the .Remove method. I have noticed that a very small percentage of emails still manage to send off emails, to seemingly random addresses with "NOT READ" prefixed infront of the original subject of the email, when they are deleted. The emails which are sent contain information which I can not read. I have tried manually deleting the original emai...

Records got deleted
We have this big file accessed by more than many people in our group. It orignally had 65,000 records. We just realised that this file has 25,000 records. We recovered last 3 backup up files and all had 25,000 records. The file has a subtotal formula showing the count of records. It is still showing up as 65,000 until we change any value in the range. This tells us that the formula was not updated when the records got deleted. We are trying to investigate how the records got deleted so that we can make sure it does not occur again. Any thoughts? Thanks, Kevin Don't panic... First...

can it be done without notice
Hi, The below code (which was given in this NG + With some minor alterations by me) intends to check if anything is changed on column J then email that changed info to a spesific email address without the notice of the workbook user... But it has two problems: 1. If Outlook Express is not opened beforehand, starting of OE is visible and the user recognizes that something without his/her control is going on. 2. If Outlook Express is active before the execution of the macro, yet again a small instance of mail being produced is visible on the screen. Can anyone suggest solutions for the 2 proble...

Anyone notice CC numbers in Account List?
They've x'ed out the first 12 digits. Didn't notice this until I went back to 2003. What's the point? If you've logged into Money, it's not like anyone couldn't se the full number by looking at account details. but now YOU have to do the same. Ug. Just another arbitrary change :P See thread titled "One more M05 peeve and stuff" for my rant on the same subject. Nice to know someone else noticed and came to the same conclusion. "Ion Control" <IonControl@echobase.rebelalliance.net> wrote in message news:vsl4d.237$zc1.64@newssvr12.n...

Shared Tasks on Outlook Today
Hello all. My Company is running an Exchange 2003 (well, actuall it's SBS 2003) server and currently everything is going fine. I have 2 questions regarding outlook however. 1) I would like to people to have shared tasks for a group of people appear in their outlook today screen under tasks like the personal tasks do 2) If I can't do number 1, then I would like to people able to add a link to the shared tasks folder (I did the customize outlook page and did this) and be able to open a tasks WITHOUT having it marked as read (until it's marked done) so at least the number ...