Ghost accounts won't stay deleted!!!

Hi,

I have an MBNA CC, and I've been unsuccesful in connecting to their server.
In the process, I have tried twice to delete the account and recreate it.

Now each time I try to update my accounts, the deleted accounts come back as
"MBNA CC #1" and "MBNA CC #2".  Does anyone know what's causing this and how
I can resolve it?

Thanks,

JD
0
JDelage (21)
6/22/2006 1:53:02 AM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

JD,

I'm also having problems downloading data for my MBNA CC. I am receiving
"your last call encountered an error" message. I'm also having problems with
Tropical Finacial Credit Union.

One night I couldn't download info from any of my financial instituions.
When they came up the two mentioned above remained down.

jjb,jr. in Pembroke Pines, FL

"J. Delage" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have an MBNA CC, and I've been unsuccesful in connecting to their server.
> In the process, I have tried twice to delete the account and recreate it.
>
> Now each time I try to update my accounts, the deleted accounts come back as
> "MBNA CC #1" and "MBNA CC #2".  Does anyone know what's causing this and how
> I can resolve it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> JD
0
JJBJR (2)
6/22/2006 2:25:01 AM
"JJB,JR." <JJBJR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> JD,
>
> I'm also having problems downloading data for my MBNA CC. I am receiving
> "your last call encountered an error" message. I'm also having problems
> with
> Tropical Finacial Credit Union.
>
> One night I couldn't download info from any of my financial instituions.
> When they came up the two mentioned above remained down.

Microsoft is having service problems:
http://moneycentral.msn.com/common/networkstatus.asp
--
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL

0
spam_magnet (1210)
6/22/2006 3:42:39 AM
Yes, I understand the connexion problems, but that's not my problem.  The
problem is that I can't delete the copies of this MBNA account...
0
JDelage (21)

Ghosted attachments with Windows 98
How do I change settings to be able to open attachments. The attachments appear to be ghosted. Hit forward, then open or save the attachment and close the message. It's a new security feature to prevent accidental opening of viruses, either by yourself or scripting. you can disable it in tools | options | security, but I think the extra effort to hit forward is safer and well worth the extra click. For more information, see http://www.omegageek.com/OESecurity.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, Visual Quick Start Guide - ...

Associate An Account
After balancing a credit card account and clicking on next, I get a dialogue box that states 'Balanced' and gives me a choise to 'Pay Bill Now.' After selecting 'Pay Bill Now', the software requests an account selected. My question is, is there a way to associate an account from which the funds should come for each credit card and only change it on an exception basis? I use Windows XP and Money 2004. Thank you. ...

Project Accounting & GL
We are a municipal government just finishing implementation of GP 7.5 including project accounting. We initially set up PA so that each project was tied to a unique GL number by equating the Contract ID to the GL #. This works for the accounting folks but is not particularly useful for the operations folks. We are debating whether to change PA to reflect a more typical business format (customer, contract, project) or continue with the current configuration (Fund #, GL #, project). How are other governmental entities using PA? Bob I would strongly recommend that you start over. The ...

how to totalize only column value from certain accounting -> Currency format
For a sheet with invoices I need to totalize column values from a different currency (cell format Accounting). How to perform? All cells can have any currency USD or EUR. Column A Column B: USD 5,000.00 EUR 3,765,00 USD 100.00 Total USD 5,100.00 Total EUR 3,765.00 Thank you, Bart Excel 2003 =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A3="USD"),(B1:B3)) similar for euros -- Gary''s Student - gsnu2007c "AA Arens" wrote: > For a sheet with invoices I need to totalize column values from a > different currency (cell...

Mail stays in outbox #2
When I click on Send to send a message, I get the error "Some errors occurred while processing the requested task. Please review the list of errors below". There is nothing listed below. My message goes to the outbox and it is sent everytime I click on Send/Receive. I continue getting the error and the message continues to be sent until I delete the message from the outbox. I am running Outlook Express 6. Any suggestions? Thanks Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group suppor...

account limit notification
Hello I need help creating a script so that the administrator would receive a copy of the messaje that exchange sends the user when he is nearing or over his quota. Since Exchange doesnt have this option someone at Microsoft suggested doing a script would do the trick but I dunno where to start or even if the script allready exists. It all started when we took over the support for a group of goverment dependencies that were being supported by a company that no longuer exists and thet did this for this clients. Now they have migrated to new servers (But still under exchange 2000) and th...

deleting a mailbox and recreating it again
Hi, I exmerged the wrong wayfrom a pst file into a mailbox and I want to start over again from scratch. I was thinking about going into to Active Directory , select the user , select Exchange Tasks , and select "Delete Mailbox" and then after deleting the mailbox create it again by going to Exchange Tasks, select "Create Mailbox". Will this create a whole new empty mailbox for me to import my email messages from the pst file again? Thanks. Peter Yup. That will work. "Billyboy" <peter@visors.com.hk> wrote in message news:%236xr8lHhEHA.904@TK2MSFTNGP...

Protecting fields from owner deletion
folks, I have a custom field on the lead screen called "campaign_code" which a user enters a number into. This field is mapped to the opportunity screen and should be read only at that point. If I set deletion for opportunity's to no for that user, will it prevent him from altering information ported over from the original lead? We want to avoid reps changing infomration after the fact. thanks in advance. Phifunk: If you remove the Delete privilege for the Opportunity object for a particular security role, this will only prevent the users from deleting the Opportunity...

Account Roll Up window
Enquiry > Financial > Account Roll Up. When I try to define the option where I would like to see different currencies that are being used on that company. Most of them work fine, its only when I try to see what the functional currency as being the source currency that it would not pull up any results on that column, Any ideas ? Any idea's people???? "Zille Hassan ( Support Consultant)." wrote: > Enquiry > Financial > Account Roll Up. > > When I try to define the option where I would like to see different > currencies that are being used on that c...

Cannot delete message in outbox
Hi, I've had this problem in the past and my only solution was essentially creating a new pst file, which I'm trying to avoid here! I sent a relatively large file (well only 4MB), and instead of going through it has gotten stuck in my outbox. Whenever I try to delete it, nothing happens, and if I open it Outlook 2003 gives me a message to the effect of "Cannot open message, outlook has already begun transmitting it..." Any ideas on how I can resolve this? It's a huge nuansce as any message I send takes forever to go through, and this one message is of course never going ...

I can't delete a pst folder-error message:an object could not be f
I exported a pst file and removed the e-mails that were exported I added the pst file later to find something I noticed an e-mail in the wrong folder and moved it to the correct location (not a good idea) now when I want to close the pst file I cannot - I get the error message "The operation failed. An object could not be found." I don't know which e-mail(s) I moved so I cannot move them back Is there any to delete the pst file? If you have any problems with pst file, you can try a tool called Advanced Outlook Repair. You can download a free demo version at http://w...

how do i configure outlook to use my aol email account
jonbon wrote: <nothing> PLEASE write your question in the body of the post and NOT just the subject Have a look here: http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm the answer: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/online.htm which Google would have told you with 6.5 million hits in 0.43 secs. http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/online.htm#aol -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-t...

Ghosts?
Anybody else seeing ~23 ghost messages when access this NG via OE? It jumps up and down, but I see it with WinMail in 7. xp.basics is even worse. "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message news:O7WRhLNALHA.584@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Anybody else seeing ~23 ghost messages when access this NG via OE? "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message news:O7WRhLNALHA.584@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Anybody else seeing ~23 ghost messages when access this NG via OE? Yes. 25 at the moment, with hacked WM in Win 7....

Multiple Accounts in MS Office
MS Office Student and teacher comes with 3 licenses. We have two users on one iMAC. Office was installed in one of them and shows up on the dock. In the other you have to go to the finder. All of the default information (name, email address etc.) that is entered during the install shows up in both iMac accounts. Is there a way to have the information default the the particular user or do I have to install Office twice (or at least use up two licenses) on the same computer in order to make that happen. Thanks You *don't* need to use another license for the same computer, nor to re-instal...

Deleting check numbers
I finally got online updates to match downloaded transactions with my manual entries. I did this by opening up a completely new file (starting pretty much from scratch), only way it would work. Now there are 2 new problems. One, when I "accept", it is replacing check numbers with "check", even though it keeps my manual payee name. And two, it keeps downloading the same transactions so I repeatedly have to accept them over and over again after each update. Any thoughts? Is this all still a part of the same Yodlee problems, or is there an adjustable setting that ...

Prevent deletion of messages from mailbox
Is there in way to prevent deletion from a mailbox at all times Yea... but not directly. You could enable journaling, and implement an archiving solutuion on top of the journaling mailbox. -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio MVP for Exchange Server http://exchange.mvps.org "Morten" <morten@kaehler.net> wrote in message news:266301c49aed$a8a3cbd0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is there in way to prevent deletion from a mailbox at all > times > It sounds as if you are referring to a resource mailbox. In that case, don't share the entire mailbox, just the Inbox usi...

delete user from global address list
How do I remove a user from the global address list? Thanks in advance Greg On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 05:50:02 -0700, "Greg" <gregkh@hotmail.com> wrote: >How do I remove a user from the global address list? > >Thanks in advance > >Greg Delete the account? Hide it? either or both if possible. But I do not want to delete the Domain account. Greg "Andy David - Exchange MVP" wrote: > On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 05:50:02 -0700, "Greg" <gregkh@hotmail.com> wrote: > > >How do I remove a user from the global address list? > > >...

%s in Accounting Format
I am using Excel 2007. I want to have a column that lists percentages - but to still be able to use the accounting single underline correctly. When I manipulate the accounting format to _(*#,##0.00%_) the underlining is not correct. If I use the accounting format I cannot get "%" signs. Thanks. Does this work? _(* 0.00%_);_(* (0.00%) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "jadeB" <jbschipper@gmail.com> wrote in message news:a9dfe12b-3c2f-4302-ba49-2c2dd39240c2@33g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... >I am using Excel 2007. > > I want to have a column that lists percen...

"Ghost" folders that aren't really ghosts
Upgraded my laptop from Win2K to XP, Office 2K to 2003 - all at once. Previous Outlook install included two profiles - one for online, one for remote. Both profiles use the same 3 PST files. Problem is - in one profile I have three "ghost" folders that aren't normal ghosts. They show up between my primary storage file and my other .PSTs - with no names and no properties that I can see. When I try to open, show properties, delete (in short, do anything) with one of these folders, I get the message "The set of folders cannot be opened." (along with other messages such a...

Outlook 2002--How do I change account which email account is active?
I have a problem with a Outlook 2002 that makes me think the active account is corrupt. Each time I try to log onto ISP to get email, Outlook prompts me for the password. I have set the password through Windows software and when I log on thru Outlook, I keep checking the box to "remember password" but it doesn't. Now I'm getting connection errors that are not consistent and if I ignore them, I can still log on. This all makes me think maybe the account I'm using has become corrupt. How can I copy my User Files and then create a new account so I can delete the present acco...

List of contacts/accounts with danish letters
We're running an english version of CRM on a danish office. While we are viewing contacts and accounts, we can see the letter a-z in the bottom of the page. In Denmark, there are 3 add. letters; æ, ø and å. Is there a way to custumize the views, so these extra 3 letters can be viewed and the contacts/accounts associated with these letter can be listed? It appears that these contact are not printed out on paper, when a user print out lists. Ivan Hi Ivan, You cannot customize the alphabet bar on the bottom of the screen. You could switch to the danish version, which I...

Account Statment Questions
Ok I have a couple of questions. I am trying to edit our companys Account Statement to be a printout of Account number, Current Balance in activity, as well as have a running balance in the account activity. We use our accounts as a Debit system and all of the accounts are prepaid instead of using it as a Credit System. I have been removing some of the information which does not pertain to our setup such as due date, ammount due etc. What I need to figure out is how to pull the customers current balance in their activity as this is the amount of credit they have available to use on the...

New messages going to Deleted Items
Hi. I have Outlook 2002 running on my Windows XP machine at home. I have it configured to access my Hotmail account. Whenever I receive a new message into Hotmail, it appears briefly in the Inbox, then moves itself automatically to Deleted Items (on the Hotmail server) before I can read it. This does not happen when I check Hotmail through their web site. This did not happen with my old Windows 98 machine. Also, while this is happening, the Inbox appears too small in the preview pane for a few seconds before expanding to fit the frame, which is when the email moves into Deleted ...

Inactivate Accounts
I want to inactivate a couple of hundred of accounts that we don’t use any more due to some branch closures. Our account string consists of 4 segments and the second segment denotes the branch. Unfortunately you can not do this via Mass Modify since you can not use wildcards for the main accounts segment (first segment). I know you can only inactivate an account if it has a zero current balance. It will take me hours to open each account in Account Maintenance and inactivate them one by one. What I was thinking of doing is run a trial balance for each branch to make sure there are n...

Does Office 2004 deletes files?
Hi all. A couple of days ago I create and saved a Word document. In the middle of my work, Words suddenly quits and show me a message windows asking me if I want to send a problem report to Microsoft. I click no, Word open again but to my surprise the document I was working in disappears. Yesterday a friend of mine was working in PowerPoint in his computer. After spend 1 hour creating and saving slides the program quits, same message window, open PP again and he lost the file. Any thoughs? On 6/4/04 11:51, in article BCE62EEB.9F2%pperdomo@cantv.net, "Pedro Perdomo-Miteff" <...