Gainskeeper in M2K4 vs Captial Gains in M2K3

What value does Gainskeeper add to M2K4?  I can check my Capital Gains via
M2K3 and even do scenerio tasks.

Thanks!!

0
noemail1 (157)
7/20/2003 9:33:41 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, $2K3 User wrote:

>What value does Gainskeeper add to M2K4?  I can check my Capital Gains via
>M2K3 and even do scenerio tasks.

Money does not do wash sale recognition and handling. It handles the
schedule D well for most people.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

MS Outlook vs Oulook Express
For some reason, my default program is Express. I went into properties an clicked on the pull down to select MS Outlook as my default, but Express still comes up when accessed through Earhtlink. >-----Original Message----- >For some reason, my default program is Express. I went >into properties an clicked on the pull down to select MS >Outlook as my default, but Express still comes up when >accessed through Earhtlink. >. >I'm having exactly the same problem even though I have set all my Outlook and control panel settings to default to Outlook. Did you get an...

Gainskeeper
Is Gainskeeper an integrated part of Money 2004 or something that integrates with www.gainskeeper.com? Just curious if it is really worth paying for premium over deluxe for this capability. Is anything lost in this area over Money 2003 deluxe to Money 2004 deluxe? Money 2003 deluxe has been adequate for me in this area. Jeff Gains keeper as well as a number of other services advertized are 3rd party and money meerly provides a link to these services. >-----Original Message----- >Is Gainskeeper an integrated part of Money 2004 or something that integrates >with www.gainskeep...

255 Character Truncation, Vlookup Macro vs. Opening Workbook Macro
Hello, I just posted an entry on the microsoft.public.excel.programming forum, but thought I'd post it here as well. http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.programming/browse_thread/thread/40fae474a64d6900/ce8e97e11e429402#ce8e97e11e429402 I forgot to complete the subject line on that post. Any ideas? But you already have a response in .programming. It's pretty unusual that you'd have to post to multiple forums. But if you think you must, try to post to both at one time. jrew23@yahoo.com wrote: > > Hello, > > I just posted an entry on the mi...

Object dependencies vs. relationships
I'm struggling to understand when you need a relationship set between 2 tables. The textbook I'm studying from, 'The Professional Approach-Access 2007', seems to highly recommend setting up relationships again and again. I have the impression, that they are critical to the functionality of the database. But... When I insert a subdatasheet, into another table, I'm given a Warning that there is no relationship setup, but I'm allowed to continue to insert the subdatasheet without setting up a relationship. I look in the Relationship window (all relatio...

Access 2007 Design view performance on Vista vs XP
Hi I tried a search but found nought. I have a dual core, 2GB Vista machine and a single core XP machine both connected to the same 2003 file server. My application is a sales order processing package ported from Access 97 to Access 2007. Performance seems broadly comparable (and acceptable) in terms of create/read/update/delete operations across the two machines on the same database. However, when making changes to form or report design, particularly those with subforms/reports the XP machine opens the forms almost instantaneously, while the Vista machine pauses for anything up to 30...

gainskeeper subscription
After i signed up to Gainskeeper subscription from Money,it shows my trial as Free-30 days trial and not free. I contacted GK and they say that i need to download "the patches" so i would be able to get the proper token. Is there anybody else has the same experience on this issue ? Thanks, Carlos >Subject: gainskeeper subscription >From: carlos@carlos.net (carlos patriawan) >Date: 8/3/2004 4:36 PM Eastern Standard Time >Message-id: <d96ef6f.0408031336.35ed96eb@posting.google.com> > >After i signed up to Gainskeeper subscription from Money,it shows my &g...

Public vs. Shared Calendars
What is the difference between Public versus Shared Calendars? Mervin Williams a public calendar is typically configured in Public Folders, and permissions set on it accordingly...a shared calendar is usually considered to be one user's calendar, that a few other people may need to access for administrative purposes... "Mervin Williams" <mwilliams@innovasolutions.net> wrote in message news:u0ccoEJXFHA.2776@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > What is the difference between Public versus Shared Calendars? > > Mervin Williams > > Anyone can use a PUBLIC bathroom....

Cash Basis vs Accrual
I'm using Money 2004 and I use it to manage two separate businesses. I need to be able to run one business on an accrual basis and one on a cash basis. I can't seem to figure how to set these bases up. I was using money 99 previously and didn't have a problem with this. Anyone know how to swithc these accounting methods? Help explains the difference between the two but nowhere can I find how to select which methjod I want. Charley Money isn't ideal for your intended use but you can work it out. It will be accurate but you'll have to be creative about how you accomplis...

Money Plus Premium and Gainskeeper
I just upgraded from Money 2007 Premium to to Money Plus Premium. I tried Gainskeeper on a promotion a few years ago for a short time (just when it came out). I wanted to use the one year subsription in the new Premium Plus but see on login that I have to pay for a subscription although Money Plus Premium describes one year free use. It says the following "Your subscription to GainsKeeper has expired. You have entered 81 trades into your account. To resubscribe, select an option below and click 'Continue' to enter your billing information.Previously entered trades will tran...

Money 99 vs 2004
I have 99 personal and business. Which ver. of 2004 would replace it -- Deluxe?? or Premium??. Also have they fixed the Invoice template designing utility that everyone seemed to have problems with in 2003?? Charley Thanks for your quick response. Actually I have "Money 99 Personal & Business". The compatible version thjis year was Money 2003 Deluxe & Business" which was for both small business and personal finances. So I guess what I'm asking is there a similar version in 2004 that could be used for both personal and business finances. The Microsoft website d...

GainsKeeper #2
GainsKeeper is well worth while the $s it cost for me. Handled wash sales, options, pre and post May sales well. I import directly into it from my brokers rather than from Money. Hank ...

Compatibility issues with macros (2000 vs. 2003)?
Customers are reporting issues when sending documents created in Excel 2003 to those with 2000. They are unable to use the macros. It is not an issue of security settings--all are set to medium. A user said they heard there was a way to create a macro in 2003 that is "saved as" 2000. Aside from issues with features in 2003 not in 2000, does anyone have any knowledge or experience with this issue? Thanks, Lori Hi Lori, I also have some customers whose 2003 macros error out on 2000 machines. For me it has always been an issue revolving around 2003 features not in 2000. Th...

Object Store vs RAM disk
Hello, what are the main differences between Object Store and RAM disk ? They are both in RAM...are there performance differences ? access differences ? Thanks, Paolo -- Paolo Patierno Embedded Software Engineer ...

Newbie question on Admin vs Developer vs Power User
I'm learning Sharepoing/Moss now and there seems to be a definite distinction in all the course materials between Administrators/Developers/Power Users They seem to make a big point about identifying 'power users' in different sections of the work environment to handle a lot of the stuff, but then again, all the tasks seem to blur from one role to the other - and, if you gave enough of the tasks over to the 'Power users', as they call them, it seems to take away from the other roles. Now, maybe I've never worked in a business enterprise that's big enoug...

BCWS vs B'H'WS
We do not load cost in our schedules based on legal and company proprietary rules. Instead we use a BHWS and BHWP in the scheduling group. Of course those hours are costed in a financial system which mirrors the work spread in MS Projects timephased view. The problem is, as an analyst i'd like to have visible, next to Projects % Work Completed, a field that displays the hours that should have been completed by the current date (or status date); Basically a BHWP or BHWS field. Since at the detail tasks our hours are level loaded, I can write the formula to provide th...

Investment accounts shows the gains / losses only
Hi My problem can be stated thus: Objective: To find out my total net worth. Problem: Let's say I have an investment account 'A'. If I have invested $9000 in the account and the gain in the account is $1000 - then investment account will show the value of the cash account as $9000 and the total value of the account as $1000. Thus, when I see the list of accounts - the value of the account is $1000. However, my net worth is really $10,000 since I can sell the investments today and can earn $10000. I don't want to delete cash account since I also want to see quickly how much I ...

BCM 2007 vs CRM
I just got a call from a CRM prospect looking for a comparrison between Dynamics CRM 3.0 and Business Contact Manager 2007 (aka BCM 2007). They have a 25 person sales force and were looking at CRM for Contact management, quote/opportunity tracking and future integration with their ERP system (GP). I have seen what is at the BCM 2007 web site and it sounds comparable so I can understand why the customer is asking why should they buy CRM when BCM is included in Office. Has anyone seen anything that compares the 2 products? Thanks Best way - set up a Demo Have you downloaded the CRM VP...

Capital gains
I sold all of my remaining shares of a mutual fund using the average cost basis. Why would the amount of the capital gains for that account on the income and spending report sorted by account be different from the amount on the capital gains report sorted by account? That account has no other investments. I'm using Money 2006. ...

VS .NET VC++ MFC IDE Add Variable bugs?
recently started a new project in VC++ MFC using 2003 Visual Studio IDE. When I create Dlg boxes, I use the Add variable Wizard to add variable to my controls. Frist is their a compiled list of bugs in for this window? Is the functionality changed for this window from VC++6.0 IDE? (Looks have changed but expected the functionality to remain the same) If not, these are the issues I see in this window: If we use a variable other than a control, no dataexchange functions are added! (ex for a Edit box if I want to use CString, the variable is added but ni DDX_Text function is added)...

Local Resources vs Enterprise Resources
We are using MSPS 2007 + SP2 + Decmeber CU. We have some projects where we have some local resources. These are generic resources like Site Resources, Developer group etc., at this point for this division, there is not requirement to look at the availability etc for these generic resources. The updates in the project for these resources will be done by the project manager through MSProject Client. So, my question is that are there any known issues of using Local Resources in Enterprise Project Plans? Is it some kind of best practice to have every resource as an enterprise Res...

Bug in Capital Gains Estimator (Money 2004)?
I've sold shares this year that resulted in a Long-term gain of (for example) $5,000 with a potential Fed. tax obligation of $750. I wanted to use the Capital Gains Estimator to see the over-all effect of selling shares from another investment at a loss. Inputting a proposed sale of shares which would produce a loss of $10,000 SHOULD result in a net loss of $5,000 and zero tax obligation (shouldn't it?). The Cap Gains Estimator, however, (correctly) shows a final loss of $5,000, but still indicates the $750 tax obligation. This seems to also be the case with the calculations for State ...

Does the VS 2005 have this function as Visual 6
ClassWizard, for example,I can handle a command from menu just by clicking the button in vs 6, but now I have to write some code to implement that in VS 2005. Does the VS 2005 have the ClassWizard or any other tool like that? (by the way, Is the file *.rc same in VS 2005 and VS 6?) >ClassWizard, >for example,I can handle a command from menu just by clicking the button in >vs 6, >but now I have to write some code to implement that in VS 2005. >Does the VS 2005 have the ClassWizard or any other tool like that? Have a look for the topic titled "Where Are ClassWizard an...

New Money 2006 Premier, how to renew Experian and Gainskeeper accounts?
With my Money 2005 Premier I signed up for the one year service of Experian and GainsKeeper. I upgraded to Money 2006 Premier, but now my Experian and Gainskeeper accounts are expired. How do I re-activate my one year subscriptions associated with my new Money 2006 premier product? Pieter Before you do renew, can you tell us if you are satisfied with the service. I was not satsified. It was/is clumsy to set up and they do not do mutual funds. I have not yet been able to manuallly input all of my buys and sells fo the year into their website. And the automated download of my M06 ...

Money 2005 Dlx vs. 2006 Dlx.
Trying to see if the upgrade from 2005 deluxe to 2006 deluxe is worth it. -- Reed There have been several posts about that - mostly favourable. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "Reed" <Reed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76F7477A-6BE0-4...

XP styles and Unicode in VS 2005
I need to use XP style in my MFC projects. My projects are not UNICODE. In VS 2003 i was able to use XP styles. I have imported the same projects in VS 2005 and I am not able to use XP styles. Is it possible to use XP styles in NOT UNICODE projects in VS 2005? "BobbyJones" <BobbyJones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B263D28-F094-4C1F-BAB5-A35DDD86FAF3@microsoft.com... >I need to use XP style in my MFC projects. > My projects are not UNICODE. > In VS 2003 i was able to use XP styles. > I have imported the same projects in VS 2005 and I am not...