Further to 2003 home page

How do I remove the trasaction from showing as income without deleting it
from the account it is transfered to
0
Dvtowle (4)
9/26/2005 12:09:01 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Best to keep the discussion in one thread. You never did give enough
information to understand the first issue--why's a transfer showing as
income somewhere in Money--so it's premature to address this one.

"Dick Watson" wrote:

> Best to keep the discussion in one thread. You never did give enough
> information to understand the first issue--why's a transfer showing as
> income somewhere in Money--so it's premature to address this one.
>
> "Dv.towle" <Dvtowle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How do I remove the trasaction from showing as income without deleting it
> > from the account it is transfered to
>
> Sorry to be a pain I am completly new to this.I will try to explain more.In my account list say I have a Acc titled TERM Acc If I close it down at maturity and move the total to say my current Acc it is showing as income when really it it is all part of the same total and not a new amount.Many thanks for taking the trouble to try to help

0
Dvtowle (4)
9/26/2005 3:14:04 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Dv.towle wrote:

>"Dick Watson" wrote:
>
>> Best to keep the discussion in one thread. You never did give enough
>> information to understand the first issue--why's a transfer showing as
>> income somewhere in Money--so it's premature to address this one.
>>
>> "Dv.towle" <Dvtowle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > How do I remove the trasaction from showing as income without deleting it
>> > from the account it is transfered to
>>
>> Sorry to be a pain I am completly new to this.I will try to explain more.In my account list say I have a Acc titled TERM Acc If I close it down at maturity and move the total to say my current Acc it is showing as income when really it it is all part of the same total and not a new amount.Many thanks for taking the trouble to try to help

If you are using "Acc" to refer to an account, Money accounts don't
close on their own.

Basic Money Glossary (prototype)

Account

A collective place to place transactions.  An investment account
would normally hold stocks, bonds, and/or mutual funds.  There are
also bank, credit, and asset accounts.  Money Help item "account"
gives a description.

Category

The Money help item "category" says "A way to sort your income and
expenses into meaningful groups so you can see income and spending
patterns in Money reports." That seems like a good description.

Favorite Account

An attribute of an account to give it easier access. See help item
"favorite".

Investment

A security such as stock, bond, or mutual fund.  See Help item
"investment".  Investment Buys and Sells are entered into an
investment (type) account, but an account is not an investment.
Normally when your broker assigns different account numbers, each
account number would correspond to an account.  Each account can
contain many different types of investments.

Money File

The file that normally has the extension .mny.  It contains the
data for money as well as most of the settings.  It can be moved,
deleted, or copied by normal operating system means.  See Help item
"file".

The Money file can be backed up to a Money backup file with a .mbf
extension.  Give careful thought to your backup policy.

Watch Account

An account that is not real, but is for the purpose of watching
securities that you may not actually own. See help item "watch".

0
via_newsgroup (13113)
9/26/2005 6:01:47 PM
So, this is something like a Certificate of Deposit in an Investment
Account? Can you tell us the details of the closed account? I agree that, in
general, a Transfer should not be shown as Income. But there are probably
circumstances where this doesn't hold true. You could have one of these
cases or something else could be going on. Are downloaded transactions the
source of this data? Is the Transfer really one transaction of Category
Transfer:[name of other account] that shows up in both accounts?

>> Sorry to be a pain I am completly new to this.I will try to explain
>> more.In my account list say I have a Acc titled TERM Acc If I close it
>> down at maturity and move the total to say my current Acc it is showing
>> as income when really it it is all part of the same total and not a new
>> amount.Many thanks for taking the trouble to try to help

Restore Outlook 2003
I had a problem with my HD which required reformatting the drive. Fortunately, I did have my outlook.pst file backed-up. I have now reinstalled Windows XP Pro and MS Office 2003. When I entered Outlook, I did not see my email messages or contacts. So, I copied my backed-up copy of outlook.pst to the outlook directory (beneath the My Documents directory) and clicked File/Open/Outlook Data File. Then they appeared in separate places on my screen. I have several questions at this point. 1. Have I proceeded correctly so far in trying to get back to my original state before the HD problem? 2....

Install OWA 2003
HI How to install OWA2003 in one another server, separate of the server of the EXC2003? Examplo, in server WEB. Tks You can't. OWA is now integrated into Exchange and cannot be separated like you could with Exchange 5.5 installing only OWA. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Alysson" <alyssondk@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message news:%23yzn1wyrFHA.2348@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > > > > HI > > How to install OWA2003 in one another server, separate of the server of > the > EXC2003? > Examplo, in server WEB. > > > Tks > &g...

Exchange 2003 getting clogged?
Hello all, A client of mine wrote me the following IM's earlier regarding his boss's email account. It appears that there hasn't been any change in configurations on the server and that it was just noticed today/very recently. While I'm not an Exchange2003 expert, I have used it a little and never ran across any clients that have used it before until now. Does anyone have any suggestions at what route to take when reading this? I admit this discussion with me and the client seems to be broad, but I was trying to gather as much info as possible to troubleshoot: Clie...

2000 Server Connection to 2003 over VPN
Here is my issue: My company has a remote office in Montana. We have 2 Cisco 501 Pix connecting the sites via VPN. The 2003 Servers from WA can see the Montana office with no problem as can all the Workstations. The 2 windows 2000 SP4 Servers however can not see the 2003 server in Montana or vice versa. When pinging the servers from either side it does reolve to the correct IP however the ping drops. Every other IP connects fine. Something in the 2000 servers are blocking the connection over the VPN any ideas would be great... Thanks Jeremy SOme things to check: DNS zones on both ends, st...

Outlook 2003-Does Not Terminate
I was noticing that my computer would take an inordinately long time (like 10 minutes) to complete its shutdown from time to time. I've finally isolated the problem-- it only occurs when OUTLOOK.EXE is still shown as a running process in the Task Manager. (Note that the APPLICATION is not running, just the process, showing 16,788 KB.) I've tried using the END PROCESS command, but to no avail. (I get the warning message, and click YES, but nothing happens.) How can I find out what's causing this, and how do I stop it from happening? There doesn't seem to be any rhyme...

Error 1706 Limited User XP Home
I am getting error 1706 for a limited user in XP Home. I have tried this solution: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/258847/en-us ( I had to download a GPEdit add-on). I have messed around with it quite a bit and the funny thing is this only happens when I try to open an Office program from a desktop shortcut icon. If I open the Office program first and load the file manually, it loads correctly. I have had this issue when I upgraded another computer to XP Pro and the link above solved it, but no such luck with XP Home. Thanks for any help! Try this one as post...

cannot insert page break
I have RMB - Reset All Page Breaks. Then I select a ROW, RMB - Insert Page Break. They page break is not inserted. I also tried to add a vertical/column page break with no luck. I tried this from the pull down menus as well (Insert - Page Break). Any idea what could be wrong? Using Office Professional Edition 2003 Thanks, Sean Try checking your page setup. When I have this problem, it's usually because I've forgotten I had set the "fit to page" feature. This feature is not compatible with setting your own page breaks (which is understandable). Set the page scaling to ...

How to rebuild public folders in Exchange 2003
I have run into a problem with a migration from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003. The public folders appear to be messed up. This stems back to a migration from 5.5 to 2000. At this point the public folders are empty. I would like to rebuild them, but am looking for the best approach to do this. I have seen article 822444, but it also references rebuilding the public folders. Any Advice? Thanks ...

Sort Inbox items by Unread in Outlook 2003 doesn't work
I customized my inbox view to sort items by unread. Unfortunately, the messages are not sorted have read and unread messages intermixed in my inbox (sorted by date). I wanted unread messages first then read messages afterwards. The primary sort would be unread ascending (descending didn't work either) and secondary sort would be by date. The group by is none since unread was not an option and automatically group according to this arrangement is turned off (tried with it on & didn't work either). The inbox shows that it is arranged by custom. Any suggestions on how to fix this...

new excel 2003
I work in a small office and wonder if we should buy the new Excel 2003 to upgrade from Excel 2000 that we are currently using. I cannot find anywhere that tells me what the upgrades are. I also want to find some support I can get to explain the differences. thnx Hg, It's probably not worth the price of the upgrade. There's really not much more that you can do with 2003 that you can't do in 2000. One of the Excel gurus who has written some excellent books on Excel (including 2003) has a review on his web site. Take a look here: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/xl2003.htm John ...

How to change where Outlook 2003 saves attachments
I have followed Microsoft's instructions on how to change where Outlook 2003 saves attachments. Those are found in Knowledge Base Article #823131 and involve changing the Registry. (There really should be an easier way.) Anyway, despite having followed those instructions explicitly, Outlook continues to save emailed attachments in a folder buried deep in the C: drive that doesn't even show itself when I navigate to it (and even when I set folder options to show hidden folders). Just to try everything, I did a completely clean reinstall of Outlook and then followed the Registry edit ...

Upgrade from SBS 2003 to Standard 2003
Hi Can anyone help me please? I have an sbs 2003 server and we want to change everything to the new sever we bought which is running standard 2003 r2. We only use our server as a file and print. So all we need to to be bale to transfer the users etc and have them logon with no issues ie changing profiles etc. Can this be done? Thanx PS, really dont want to get involved with transition packs etc. -- jonoharper ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jonoharper's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/171848.htm View this...

Convert to Outlook 2003
We are receiving new pc's which have Windows XP and Office 2003. Users vary on operating systems and Office Versions. What are the correct step to bring over there pst files? Or maybe we shouldn't. But I need to know what the steps are to install there Old Messages/Folders/Contacts/Tasks/Calendar Items etc. from old pc(various Outlook versions 2000 prior) to new pc which now have Outlook 2003. I have tried a couple of ways but I keep getting a duplicate personal folder which is also active. (Example if they get a new mail message it goes to both inboxes in both personal fol...

outlook 2003 new mail sound
why doesn't 2003 play a sound when new mail arrives? yes i have set it up in windows sounds and it still doesn't do it You mention that you have it set up in Windows....do you have it enabled in Outlook? Click Tools, Options, Preferences, Email Options, Advanced Email Options, and ensure it is checked under new mail options. >-----Original Message----- >why doesn't 2003 play a sound when new mail arrives? >yes i have set it up in windows sounds and it still doesn't do it > > >. > anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > You mention that yo...

Exchange 2003 Standard
Hi all, Our Exchange 2003 Standard Edition server's Public Store has exceeded the 16GB limit and shut down. I'm familiar with the temporary extension to 17GB one can do for the Mailbox Store but haven't found a KB article regarding temporarily expanding the Public Folder store. Is this possible and if so how? Temporary solution found - the same registry entry mentioned in KB828070 except located in the public folder key does the 1GB increase. "MS Newsgroups" <msnews@mailinator.com> wrote in message news:erikqn9qEHA.2604@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > ...

I have a user who's unable to paste an Excel 2003 chart into Outlook 2003 email message. In Outlook options, the checkbox is selected for "Use Microsoft Office Word 2003 to edit e-mail messages". When I tested this on my own computer running the same version of Office, if the box is check, I have no problem pasting; if this box is cleared, I cannot paste. But on his computer, it doesn't work regardless. Thanks and regards, TL ...

Contacts in Outlook 2003 (and other Office 2003 atrocities)
Every time Microsoft does a new improved version of Office it ruins what few features it had before that worked. Going to Office 2003 (from 2000)makes a real mess of almost all of Office (it ruined what formatting I had in WORD -- the numbering goes to some default that MS thinks I *should* want). It also makes it impossible for me to find people (not CONTACTS, these are FRIENDS) I had in my address book in Outlook. For example I used to be able to type in my friends' nicknames, but that doesn't work in 2003 (the nickname is there alright, but you can't retrieve them by typing t...

How to link an excel macro from my web page?
I have a macro that does small calcs. Imported same to my web. When I run it in interactive mode it minimizes at each step - will not stay up on screen. I have the frame set to new window. - It should open in new window through out the duration of use. ...

Error when sending pub 2003 document as an email
we have a document that we have been sending as an email in publisher 2003 for some time, by using the SEND AS EMAIL> SEND THIS PAGE AS A MESSAGE. This has worked fine for some time, but now something has happened to the document that when you click the send button in outlook you get a message that publisher has encountered an error and needs to close. Outlook then freezes and has to be cntrl-alt-del to kill it off. this happens with the same document on multiple computers, whereas the same computers can complete the task using a newly created document. Anyone seen this before? detai...

Home Use Program Eligible for Upgrade?
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC I have been using the trial version of Office 2008 for about 25 days. I want to purchase the full (including Exchange Server support) version. I bought a licensed copy of MS-Office: Mac 2004 under the Microsoft Home Use Program. It is registered and the product key is good. Does the Home Use Program version qualify for the upgrade to 2008 (with Exchange Server support)? This is a very confusing issue and frankly I don't have the time to diddle around with it. Peter In article <59b73b84.-1@webcrossing.caR9ab...

Outlook 2003 #240
Just installed Outlook 2003, running Outlook 2000 prior. Here is my problem; 1) I launch Outlook 2) Microsoft LDAP window comes up; Server name NULL, PORT 3268, USER NAME NULL 3) Close this window. Then I can press send/receive button, however, it cannot check for new email. In addition, if I create a new email from within Outlook, there is no "send-emal" button. HELP! Thanks. Steve <nospam@abc.net> wrote: > 1) I launch Outlook > 2) Microsoft LDAP window comes up; Server name NULL, PORT 3268, USER > NAME NULL > 3) Close this window. Tools>E-mail Accoun...

Pub 2003 Question ( Problem )
I have documents I created a couple of years ago in Pub 2003 that contain a lot of pictures. When I open them up today, many of the pictures do not show on screen? No error messages ? What can I do ? Wayne wrote: > I have documents I created a couple of years ago in Pub 2003 that > contain a lot of pictures. When I open them up today, many of the > pictures do not show on screen? > > No error messages ? > > What can I do ? =========================== Have a look at the following site: (Read the third FAQ) Q: Why can I not see images/shapes/ lines when editing ...

Exchange 2003 sending 3 copies of email
strange one, exchange 2003 sp1 - windows 2000 box. This happens with just one user and not all the time. She will send out one email and the receiver will get 3 copies. (internal and external receivers) checking the logs, exchange reports that the sender did send out three emails (different msg ID's). time stamps are the same pop access is turned on for this user so she can get email via her treo, but the msg are not sent out using this. thanks Lee It is for sure user related. Try out the following things configure hermailbox on another computer and see or Use OWA to send emai...

Save word 2003
I run windows XP with word 2003. I recently performed a system reset with some back up software. After which word 2003 wouldn't save any documents. There is 2G of memory left on the C drive so it's not lack of space. I've read other strings about this but can't find a solution, a previous string talked about removing "Security Update for Windows XP (KB908531)" but I don't have this in my list of updates (this advice was from 2006 though?) Any help greatly appreciated. See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then repair Office 20...

Outlook 2003 keeps shutting down
On the support page I am told I ahve one free question, but the page asking for product ID keeps saying an error occurred, try later. My Outlook 2003 Product ID is 73102-OEM-5690366-0488. The app keeps shutting itself down and gives an error message: The instruction at "0x 35958206" referenced memory at "0x0c8c7f90." The memory aould not be "read." What does that mean and how can I fix it? -- Arts reporter OEM software support comes from the OEM, not Microsoft. Microsoft will not support OEM software installations due to the OEM's ability to alter/c...