Forced Upgrades

I just wanted to say I don't appreciate Microsoft pulling the plug on my
Internet commection to Money 2002. It took Microsoft three years to get that
one working the way it was designed. I don't upgrade because I'm tired of the
bug fixes that are needed to make it work. I was forced to sign up for Money
Premium 2008. I lost a week's worth of financial data when I loaded a backup
because no one notified me they were pulling the plug. Since then, my
computer has crashed five times, it refused to allow me to manage online
accounts and ``reenter'' my information because you were improving my
experience, and now I'm told I'm locked out of my bank account and it will
take three days to reset my account. Thanks a lot. This is why I don't
``upgrade.''

0
Diogenes (1)
10/25/2007 11:40:00 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

see comments inline.

"Diogenes" <Diogenes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just wanted to say I don't appreciate Microsoft pulling the plug on my
> Internet commection to Money 2002. It took Microsoft three years to get
> that
> one working the way it was designed. I don't upgrade because I'm tired of
> the
> bug fixes that are needed to make it work.

What else did you buy in 2001 for $20 that promised free service forever?

> I was forced to sign up for Money
> Premium 2008.

No you weren't. I've never downloaded transaction data and use Money just
fine. You chose to use the service. You expected it to be free forever. Bad
expectation.

> I lost a week's worth of financial data when I loaded a backup
> because no one notified me they were pulling the plug.

How did the end of online downloads force you to load a backup?!?

> Since then, my
> computer has crashed five times, it refused to allow me to manage online
> accounts and ``reenter'' my information because you were improving my
> experience, and now I'm told I'm locked out of my bank account and it will
> take three days to reset my account.

I don't think your experience is typical or even common. Do you want help
with these issues, in which case you will need to provide a lot more data
like OS version as a minimum, or did you just come here to vent?

BTW, please don't say "you" like 99.9% of your audience is Microsoft since
we aren't. We're just fellow users.

Force Uninstall
All, A coupla questions . . . Suppose I just want to forcefully uninstall Exchange 2000 from a server, and an org. Currently the uninstall fails because (as mentioned in a previous post) I have users that still show as being on that server, however the store that those users were on is no longer there (because of a disaster). Is there some way to force the uninstall? Another question. I have two healthy clustered machines running currently. Suppose I just remove the object for the old exchange server from the ESM? Assuming I have performed all of the other steps steps (like moving o...

forcing user input into cells
howdy all... i'm new to doing stuff with excel have a bit of a background in javascript programming what i'm trying to do is force a user to enter something, anything int a specific cell if the user tries to tab past the cell and leave it blank, i want a error to come up, telling them that they have to enter something befor they can continue on with entry into other cells any help would be much appreciated -Thank -- georgi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- georgio's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=164...

GP10 install/upgrade failed
Dear All, I am facing problem when upgrading to Hotfix : KB951967 got GP10. GP utilities is throwing an error " Microsoft Dynamics GP Utilities install/Upgrade failed." when it reaches load required data, table DU000010. Duintall.log has the following entries Message: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\GP\SQL\3830\Upgrade.dll,UPGRADE_10_0_67_SYSTEM_PRELOAD\C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\GP\SQL\Temp\du000010.out Please note we are running on SQL2000 sp4. and curently on 10.0.1061. Has anyone encountered this problem and what is the workaround. Thanks in anticipatio...

Upgrade questions, re: 2003 to 2007
Hi all, Using 2007 now as a frontend with Oracle RDMS. Existing 2003 Access .mdb is opened with the new version, 2007. However, adding of records, via a form or query, fails. (Note, it works fine with Access 2003.) The query behind the form and the other query consists of two tables with a one-to-one relationship. (The left-side table contains a foreign key which the right- hand table is the parent table.) The error message is that the Access engine cannot find the record, in the right-side table, with key matching fields. I have figured out a few different fixes. The fi...

Upgrade from 2000 too 2003
Hi, i recently upgraded from 2000 to 2003, the issue being that after i moved mailboxes to a different box during the upgrade, i cant get the information store running on the UPGRADED box to be able to move them back onto the server that they NEED to be on! email has been down for almost a week now, its urgent :| Thanks in advance for any help williamsons@mulgrave.com ...

Upgraded SQL from 2005 to 2008 posting much slower
I upgraded my sql from 2005 to 2008 via the upgrade option. Entered one invoice and posted. Much much slower. Ran checklinks on all modules. Ran a script to rebuild all indexes. Still slower. Not only is posting slower but I get a lot of "Not Responding" on the GP windows now. Never had this problem with 2005. Anyone else experience this? On Feb 1, 3:58=A0pm, GiJeet <gij...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I upgraded my sql from 2005 to 2008 via the upgrade option. =A0Entered > one invoice and posted. =A0Much much slower. =A0Ran checklinks on all > modules. ...

upgrad
Hi all, How to upgrade from version 1.2 to version 1.3 can anyone explain me the steps please ? -- Aliko First backup database. Then backup any custom reports,receipts, etc to different directory. Uninstall RMS reinstall RMS 1.3 restore database previously backed up restore other backuped info to correct place and then your good to go.(only on single station) Or better yet pay RMS reseller to do it for you. "Aliko" <Aliko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B389A93F-D7DB-4D07-AC3D-FFC0360790CA@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > > How to upgrade from ve...

Upgradation problems with Microsoft CRM 1.2
Hi, We have recently upgraded ourselves from CRM 1.0 to CRM 1.2. In the earlier version, we customized CRM to generate org charts. But ever since we have upgraded to the 1.2 version, we are encountering problems while generating the chart. We get the 'Access is Denied' error when we are trying to generate the chart from a remote machine. The chart generates without any problems when tried on the server itself. We are using Visio to generate the charts. What is puzzling is what worked fine in the earlier version is not working the same way now. Kindly throw some light on this. Thanks i...

Force quit
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Closing Word get error message &quot;A file error has occurred. Check your network connections or make sure the disk is properly inserted&quot; Am then required to use force quit. Anybody have solution? Make sure Office & OS X are fully updated. If they are & you still encounter the problem, crashing on Quit is usually the result of one of theses causes: Need to repair disk permissions Damaged preference files Corrupt Normal.dotm template See this page for the respective links in t...

upgrading outlook 2000 to outlook 2003
After Updating to Outlook 2003 I am not able to set Rules and alerts. Rules are giving error. Kindly mail and help in this matter as soon as possible. On Tue, 7 Feb 2006 21:56:29 -0800, Souvik <Souvik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >After Updating to Outlook 2003 I am not able to set Rules and alerts. Rules >are giving error. Kindly mail and help in this matter as soon as possible. What errors? -- Dave Mills There are 10 type of people, those that understand binary and those that don't. Souvik <Souvik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > After Updating to Out...

Forcing Appointments
I use outlook to schedule appointments with my customers with specific employees. I have a scheduling department that does this scheduling via outlook. The employees have no option to reject or modify these appointments; therefore, I would like to force this on their calendar with them having to accept it and not allowing them to modify it. Additionally, I need to know real time once they are scheduled. Right now I don't know they are scheduled until they accept and that sometimes takes too long and then they are inadvertently double booked by the scheduling department. So how do ...

Outlook not showing all email after OS upgrade and Office re-insta
Outlook is not displaying all of my email which is in the Inbox folder on two different machines. It does display all of the email in subfolders though. Here's what I did - I upgraded the operating system on two of my work machines to Windows 7 and, of course, had to reinstall Office. In both cases, Outlook is only displaying a subset of my email. My email is organized such that there are a number of folders under Inbox. These folders properly display their contents all the way back to when I was hired here last year. However, Inbox only has email in it for yesterday and to...

Force REPLY to go back to distribution list
I have an issue whereby a department is insisting that they want their mailing lists marked so that any time anyone clicks REPLY (not "REPLY ALL" - they refuse that as an acceptable solution, it must be REPLY) that the reply message goes back to the distribution list and not the message originator. They further insist that this capability must occur on the mail server (and not on Outlookclient side), since they use a multitude of different mail clients (many on Unix/Linux) and therefore it is a server-side responsibility to make this happen. They say that this capability exists in ...

force

CRM 1.2 to 3.0 Upgrade 11-21-05
Hello all... When attempting to upgrade, I receive a warning with IIS and SRS stating: Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed. Also, with the CRM database, even though I have done ZERO modifications to the database I am told that 1) the columns in the microsoft CRM database are not consistent with Microsoft CRM 1.2 columns 2) The default value constraints in the Microsoft CRM database are not consistent with microsoft crm 1.2 and 3) The stored procedures in the CRM database are not consistent with CRM 1.2 stored procedures. HELP! Ryan I have seen this problem several times...

Invalid Pathname when upgrading
I downloaded an upgrade from Money 2004 to 2005 a while back (I'll never do that again). I recently had to wipe my hard drive clean and start over by reinstalling Windows XP Professional. The only version of Money that I had on CD to reinstall was Money 2004. I thought I could just install the old 2004 version and restore from the back up file that I created from Money 2005. It told me that the password for that file was incorrect. I know my password! I have never changed it. I recently downloaded the trial version of 2005 so that I could get my file restored and that worked ...

Forcing an ActiveX control to serialize it's properties.
Is there a way to force an activeX control to serialize it's properties? Kurt "Kurt" <k_nojunk@larimore.net> wrote in message news:OqS15%23p3DHA.3224@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to force an activeX control to serialize it's properties? > > Kurt > > Kurt, Try getting a pointer to the IPersistStorage interface via QueryInterface. Then call the method IPersistStorage::Save which needs an IStorage* to specify where the properties will be saved to. ...

Forcing an account
Hi All Is there anyway to get Outlook 2002 and/or 2003 to force to use a certain mail account for certain contacts? For example for contact A, B and C I want to always send new messages, replies and forwards via mail account 1 and for contact D, E and F I want to do the same using mail account 2. I don't want this to deviate even if one of these contacts has sent an email to an alternate mail account. Even though I set my main account as the default, when certain emails come in on my other accounts I can't force my replies or forwards to go to a certain account. Are there any hidd...

Force PasteSpecialValues in Excel 2007
There was a very nice piece of code written by Aaron Bush (Oorang on MrExcel) in 2007 which disabled cut and copy execution in excel, forcing the copy to copy only values but maintaining the ability to undo (http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=957). Unfortunately, this code fails in several ways in Excel 2007. 1/ It does not disable ribbon cut/copy/paste features 2/ Paste still functions normally when using <enter> to paste the previously copied cell 3/ If you are copying from a locked cell in a protected sheet, the code generates a 1004 error (though the p...

How force table update when no bound field updated?
I have a main form with a 'Balance Due' field. There are two balance due controls, one unbound (displayed) and one bound (hidden). I also have a subform which is a continuous form containing payment data. When payment details are entered or changed, the balance due on the main form and in the bound table needs to be updated. The total of payments is summed in the subform footer and the balance due (unbound control) refers to this subform total. In main Form BeforeUpdate, I copy the unbound balance due to the bound balance due. The problem is that when only payment data is...

Upgrading #8
I recently acquired Money 2005 but don't want to install it until the end of the calendar year, if I can avoid it. I don't want to use the information in my current file but wonder if there's some way I can print out the information inside my current Money program to use to set up the 2005 one. I guess I'm confused -- what information do you want to use? -- Michael Gordon MVP "GrandmaG" <GrandmaG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5FC70D42-FC19-4814-B05B-36AE7E3661E0@microsoft.com... >I recently acquired Money 2005 but don't want t...

Project Time
We upgraded Dynamics 9 to SP3 and now our users are getting this in Business Portal (in Project / Project Time): "You are not authorized to view this page. Contact your Great Plains administrator for assistance." What happened and how do I fix it? Any help is MUCH appreciated! If you have access to CustomerSource, I recommend you review the below link: https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?WTNTZSMNWUKNTMMYPKZPWNYYQNZZXYLWSLVWLKWOPZVNSVOQRMUVZXMRUTXKQSOU As it could be any of the following: - The functional currency is missing - Personal Data Keeper (PDK) is ...

7.5 to 8 upgrade error
Trying to upgrade 7.5 comapny dbs to 8.0. Installed GP8- sp1a. One company upgraded easily; one won't. Upgraqde window shows this as first point of failure. The following SQL statement produced an error: EXEC sp_bindefault N'[dbo].[GPS_CHAR]', N'[IV00114]. [ITEMNMBR]' Here's what's really nuts: when I try to install the TWO company, I got the same freaking error! And now TWO is locked (says another user is in it, but Dynamics.activity is empty). If I try to run the company scripts as suggested in 8.00 Sp FAQ, the first one, glYearEndCloseMain, throws syn...

Force combo box selection before moving off field
I've searched through the group but I can't seem to find exactly what I'm looking for. Using 2000 ... I have a combo box on a form. The row source is a simple query. The control source is a long integer (link to an autonumber). Form is based on a table. I don't want the user to be able to move off the CB (combo box) unless they select something from the list (or type in a new item). I've tried making the control source required in the table. This won't let them move off the RECORD until they do something in the CB. I want them stopped at the CB. I set up...

Force Secure
Is there any way to force the system to secure itself after a cashier uses the time clock? Great Question. But No. "Scott S" wrote: > Is there any way to force the system to secure itself after a cashier uses > the time clock? > > > ...