For those with problems logging in online and downloading from some institutions

There is a significant change today 19 July at the servers
which provide online sign in with LiveID/Passport and get the
statements for those institutions that don't provide their own OFX
servers.

See the top and the  "Scheduled Events" section of
http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/common/networkstatus.aspx
for information. That site will be updated as things progress. That
will include specific instructions of what the user will need to do.
In the mean time, log in offline.

0
via_newsgroup (13113)
7/19/2007 9:22:16 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Cal - have you seen more details or how/why/what they are improving?  Do you
think it is something in preparation of the '08 version?

> There is a significant change today 19 July at the servers
> which provide online sign in with LiveID/Passport and get the
> statements for those institutions that don't provide their own OFX
> servers.
>
> See the top and the  "Scheduled Events" section of
> http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/common/networkstatus.aspx
> for information. That site will be updated as things progress. That
> will include specific instructions of what the user will need to do.
> In the mean time, log in offline.

0
reply8278 (45)
7/19/2007 9:49:22 PM
In microsoft.public.money, theorbo wrote:

>Cal - have you seen more details or how/why/what they are improving?  Do you
>think it is something in preparation of the '08 version?

The purpose is to improve behavior for those downloading statements
that are accessed via a third party by Money.

>"Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message
>>
>> There is a significant change today 19 July at the servers
>> which provide online sign in with LiveID/Passport and get the
>> statements for those institutions that don't provide their own OFX
>> servers.
>>
>> See the top and the  "Scheduled Events" section of
>> http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/common/networkstatus.aspx
>> for information. That site will be updated as things progress. That
>> will include specific instructions of what the user will need to do.
>> In the mean time, log in offline.

0
via_newsgroup (13113)
7/19/2007 10:55:44 PM
Cal Learner-- MVP <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote:

>>Cal - have you seen more details or how/why/what they are improving?  Do you
>>think it is something in preparation of the '08 version?
>
>The purpose is to improve behavior for those downloading statements
>that are accessed via a third party by Money.

From the web page:

"Note: if you do not use a Windows Live ID (Passport) with your
Money file, then you have no accounts that require an update. You
do not need to follow these steps any further. "

One more reason not to use Windows Live/Passport with my
accounts.
Ed Hansberry  (Please do *NOT* email me. Post here for the benefit of all)
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices   www.pocketpc.com
On Jul 19, 5:22 pm, Cal Learner-- MVP <via_newsgr...@please.tnx>
wrote:
> There is a significant change today 19 July at the servers
> which provide online sign in with LiveID/Passport and get the
> statements for those institutions that don't provide their own OFX
> servers.
>
> See the top and the  "Scheduled Events" section ofhttp://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/common/networkstatus.aspx
> for information. That site will be updated as things progress. That
> will include specific instructions of what the user will need to do.
> In the mean time, log in offline.

Finally - I can access my accounts directly once again. It's a real
shame it took Microsoft soooo long to restore this functionality.

Phil

> "Note: if you do not use a Windows Live ID (Passport) with your
> Money file, then you have no accounts that require an update. You
> do not need to follow these steps any further. "
>
> One more reason not to use Windows Live/Passport with my
> accounts.

Exactly what I thought when I read it.  I'm glad I don't use a Live ID
with my Money file.  Never have, never will. :P

Rod
0
dont9473 (36)
7/20/2007 2:06:43 PM
I don't use Windows Live ID either, but I do want to point out that I had to
go through the same updating process when Chase updated its OFX servers (i.e
Turn Off the On-Line services and the resubscribe to them).  This is
required whenever an OFX server is updated whether it is direct or third
party.
--
Peace,
BobJ

"Rod" <dont@email.me> wrote in message
>> "Note: if you do not use a Windows Live ID (Passport) with your
>> Money file, then you have no accounts that require an update. You
>> do not need to follow these steps any further. "
>>
>> One more reason not to use Windows Live/Passport with my
>> accounts.
>
> Exactly what I thought when I read it.  I'm glad I don't use a Live ID
> with my Money file.  Never have, never will. :P
>
> Rod

0
Privacy1 (389)
7/20/2007 3:01:31 PM
Rod <dont@email.me> wrote:

>> "Note: if you do not use a Windows Live ID (Passport) with your
>> Money file, then you have no accounts that require an update. You
>> do not need to follow these steps any further. "
>>
>> One more reason not to use Windows Live/Passport with my
>> accounts.
>
>Exactly what I thought when I read it.  I'm glad I don't use a Live ID
>with my Money file.  Never have, never will. :P

Reminds me of the time when in 2004 everyone with a Passport ID
was locked out of their Money file for a few days. Why people
trust MS with their data in this way is beyond me. MS wants to
provide the service for people that want it, fine, but to mandate
it for some accounts is insane. I have an ING Direct account and
in order to sync it, I *HAVE* to use a Windows LIve ID for my
file and I *HAVE* to sync my data with MSN. Absofreakinglutely no
way.
Ed Hansberry  (Please do *NOT* email me. Post here for the benefit of all)
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices   www.pocketpc.com
In microsoft.public.money, Ed Hansberry, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
wrote:

>Reminds me of the time when in 2004 everyone with a Passport ID
>was locked out of their Money file for a few days. Why people
>trust MS with their data in this way is beyond me. MS wants to
>provide the service for people that want it, fine, but to mandate
>it for some accounts is insane. I have an ING Direct account and
>in order to sync it, I *HAVE* to use a Windows LIve ID for my
>file and I *HAVE* to sync my data with MSN. Absofreakinglutely no
>way.

Money 2007 does not send data from your Money file. Only the
account(s) for which the data passes thru a third party go onto MSN.
You would still need a LiveID on the file tho.

Later versions also will let you remove a LiveID without being
connected to the internet.
0
via_newsgroup (13113)
7/20/2007 6:46:56 PM
Cal Learner-- MVP <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote:

>In microsoft.public.money, Ed Hansberry, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
>wrote:
>

>>Reminds me of the time when in 2004 everyone with a Passport ID
>>was locked out of their Money file for a few days. Why people
>>trust MS with their data in this way is beyond me. MS wants to
>>provide the service for people that want it, fine, but to mandate
>>it for some accounts is insane. I have an ING Direct account and
>>in order to sync it, I *HAVE* to use a Windows LIve ID for my
>>file and I *HAVE* to sync my data with MSN. Absofreakinglutely no
>>way.
>
>Money 2007 does not send data from your Money file. Only the
>account(s) for which the data passes thru a third party go onto MSN.
>You would still need a LiveID on the file tho.
>
>Later versions also will let you remove a LiveID without being
>connected to the internet.

The last time I tried adding a Live ID to my file, it
automatically uploaded EVERYTHING to MSN's servers so I could
access them online. Are you saying that has changed?

When I try to activate ING Direct, Money tells me the following:

"To get online updates from this bank or brokerage, you must
change Money's settings to use a Windows Live ID at sign-in and
activate the MSN Money My Accounts service."

According to the My Accounts page - "Thank you for signing up for
My Accounts on MSN Money. This free service gives you access to
all your online financial accounts in one place, using one
password."

Sounds like it wants to pull all my data from Money to the web so
I can have access to all of my accounts in one place.

Wow... going back to that page reminded me of the Investor
Portfolio too. I used that for *YEARS* until MS wrecked it by
only allowing it to sync with Money if you uploaded all of your
accounts to their service.

Not to mention the last time I sync'd, it changed a few hundred
descriptions in the "Pay To" field for transfers and changed the
sign on two transactions throwing one account out of balance
forever.

Of course, I just restored to the version I had 20 minutes
earlier since I suspected it would be a mess. Had been the
previous 2 times I tried the passport sync.

wrote:

>Cal Learner-- MVP <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote:
>
>>In microsoft.public.money, Ed Hansberry, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
>>wrote:
>>

>>>Reminds me of the time when in 2004 everyone with a Passport ID
>>>was locked out of their Money file for a few days. Why people
>>>trust MS with their data in this way is beyond me. MS wants to
>>>provide the service for people that want it, fine, but to mandate
>>>it for some accounts is insane. I have an ING Direct account and
>>>in order to sync it, I *HAVE* to use a Windows LIve ID for my
>>>file and I *HAVE* to sync my data with MSN. Absofreakinglutely no
>>>way.
>>
>>Money 2007 does not send data from your Money file. Only the
>>account(s) for which the data passes thru a third party go onto MSN.
>>You would still need a LiveID on the file tho.
>>
>>Later versions also will let you remove a LiveID without being
>>connected to the internet.
>
>The last time I tried adding a Live ID to my file, it
>automatically uploaded EVERYTHING to MSN's servers so I could
>access them online. Are you saying that has changed?

Yes. Starting with Money 2007. As I understand it, the third party
access is via MSN Money, but access to direct direct OFX is done
between Microsoft Money and your FI. Info for those accounts will
not be sent to MSN Money by Microsoft Money. Information, other than
third party sign on info, is never in the direction from Money 2007
to MSN Money.

For old info from when you tried it with Money 2005, I think you
probably would have to delete those accounts on MSN Money.

Some miss the older behavior. I like the newer one better.

>When I try to activate ING Direct, Money tells me the following:
>
>"To get online updates from this bank or brokerage, you must
>change Money's settings to use a Windows Live ID at sign-in and
>activate the MSN Money My Accounts service."

A downside is that you have an extra click during startup. While you
can have the file remember the Live ID sign in info,
you still have to do a click.

>According to the My Accounts page - "Thank you for signing up for
>My Accounts on MSN Money. This free service gives you access to
>all your online financial accounts in one place, using one
>password."

To actually achieve that with Money 2007, you would have to set up
the direct direct accounts separately on MSN Money, and hand enter
other accounts that did not download.

>Sounds like it wants to pull all my data from Money to the web so
>I can have access to all of my accounts in one place.
>
>Wow... going back to that page reminded me of the Investor
>Portfolio too. I used that for *YEARS* until MS wrecked it by
>only allowing it to sync with Money if you uploaded all of your
>accounts to their service.

I miss the circa 2001 version of MoneyCentral Portfolio. It was even
fast on dialup. Transactions you entered by hand resided on your
computer only. For interface with Microsoft Money, it had both a
"Linked" and a "Synchronized" choice. "Linked", my choice, kept the
holdings and transaction data on your own computer, but would use
the nice portfolio display and graphing of the MoneyCentral. When
you selected an investment and clicked a column header to sort, the
same investment would stay selected and visible. The privacy policy
cautioned that, despite the holdings and transactions being limited
to your computer,  somebody could deduce info from what you fetched
quotes for, even tho the transaction and holding data was kept on
your own computer. The "Synchronized" would pass data both ways, so
it was suitable for those who wanted to access the Microsoft Money
data via HTTPS.

>Not to mention the last time I sync'd, it changed a few hundred
>descriptions in the "Pay To" field for transfers and changed the
>sign on two transactions throwing one account out of balance
>forever.

Ouch.

>Of course, I just restored to the version I had 20 minutes
>earlier since I suspected it would be a mess. Had been the
>previous 2 times I tried the passport sync.

It may be time to try another experiment.
0
via_newsgroup (13113)
7/21/2007 5:19:08 PM
Cal Learner-- MVP <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote:

>It may be time to try another experiment.

I may do that. Thanks.
<spamfree-silvernino@hotmail.spambegone.com> wrote:

>Cal Learner-- MVP <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote:
>
>>It may be time to try another experiment.
>
>I may do that. Thanks.

Seems to be ok so far. What is strange is, I don't see how to
sync at all with MSN My Accounts unless they go through Passport.
I tried setting the portfolio tool up again but it would only get
my watches, not my investments.

{shrug}

I guess MS is moving totally away from that online stuff. I
suspect many people were nervous about having ALL of their data
on anyone's server like that.
Ed Hansberry  (Please do *NOT* email me. Post here for the benefit of all)
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices   www.pocketpc.com

Problem shortcuts in Word

Outlook 2003 PST problems

how do u log out of outlook
I'm a new user to outlook and i would like to know how do you log out of outlook and close your account out without no one being able to get back in? "Puzzled" <Puzzled@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:049E0FD5-8F22-4F18-AB6A-05A4C2B29BCB@microsoft.com... > I'm a new user to outlook and i would like to know how do you log out > of > outlook and close your account out without no one being able to get > back in? Exit Outlook. Then you aren't connected (actually you are only connected when mail polls occur). Don't save a passwo...

Problem with Authentication

calendar problem

problem #4

95 and 97 problem

sync problems

Date problem

Installation Problem!!

Office 2007 - HELP

downloading #2
I have attempted to download bank statements into Money 2001. Although my bank shows the statements were downloaded, nothing appears in Money,and I am not offered any opportunity to review or add the transactions. Does anyone have any advice. I am familiar with how it is supposed to work, for I had downloaded statements successfully in the past. ...

Resource editor problems

Directory Replication Problem #2

Cell Format

outlook web access redirect problem

Problem after sorting

IF AND problem

Problem SHAppBarMessage
Hi, I am creating an application bar which shall be displayed always at the top of the screen to show the user certain alerts. I am using the commands SHAppBarMessage(ABM_NEW, &abd); SHAppBarMessage(ABM_QUERYPOS, &abd); SHAppBarMessage(ABM_SETPOS, &abd); SetWindowPos(NULL, abd.rc.left, abd.rc.top, abd.rc.right - abd.rc.left, iClientHeight, SWP_NOACTIVATE); Works fine. The problem begins, when I start moving the taskbar. I am catching the event OnSettingChange and my application bar is resizing/moving correctly. BUT: If the taskbar moves to the top and my application bar ...

Lookup() problem
I set up two lists, 200 employees names and 200 employee numbers. A couple of the numbers match the correct names but the rest of the numbers all pull the same employee name. =LOOKUP(C4,List!C4:C204,List!B4:B204) The first time I tried it seemed to pull the correct matching names and numbers then kabui it gets stuck. I tried deleting the entire lists cells and all and starting over but same thing. Anyone ever run into this before? Wayman Don't forget! When using Lookup(), the vector (second argument) must be sorted in ascending order. If it's not, you'll get what you ca...

Problem creating credit card account
When creating a Chase or Amazon.com credit cards I am having this happen to me when it creates the card and I can't figure out how to fix it so there is just one card showing. I attached a jpeg of what I am seeing. It's like it created multiple instances of the card and also show balances of my other cards. I am not sure if it is because these cards are associated with Chase or what. When I had it setup the online service for the card then that is when it creates the other instances. I hope someone can makes sence of this. Thanks! ...