First time user recomendation for Microsoft

I use MS Mondy 2005.  I have not upgraded because I'm not sure that what I
need is available.  So, here are two suggestion form MS.

1.  As I download charges from my debit card, each entry is recorder as a
new payee.  However, almost all my debit/credit transitions in fact come from
our local porviders.  I'd like MS Money to incorperate a wild card feature
into Money so when Money downloads the transitions it will auto update with a
pree defined name and catorioryuse MS Mondy 2005.  I have not upgraded
because I'm not sure that what I need is available.  So, here are two
suggestion form MS.

1.	As I download charges form my debit card, each entry is recorder as a new
payee.  However, alost all my debit/credit transitions in fact come from our
local porviders.  I'd like MS Money to incorperate a wild card feature inot
Money so when Money downloads the transitions it will auto update with a pree
defined name.
For example: target0010/#21 is downloaded along with target0A0310/#31.  Both
are looked at as new payees.  I like to be able to make a table that may say:
  targ*.* =Target Store

2.	 I’d like to be a ble to highlight selected transaction in the accounts
view using the comman ALT and/or  Shift key, then add these transitions up.
Thus, if I want to see transtion spending over one day of selected records, I
could select the desired transitions, and press a sum key to give me a total.
Any help out there?

money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

1.  Standardize Payee option will help with this problem
2    Not available

"Needed improvements" <Needed improvements@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:02C1A0F7-622D-461B-93DB-3E6D093AE062@microsoft.com...
>I use MS Mondy 2005.  I have not upgraded because I'm not sure that what I
> need is available.  So, here are two suggestion form MS.
>
> 1.  As I download charges from my debit card, each entry is recorder as a
> new payee.  However, almost all my debit/credit transitions in fact come
> from
> our local porviders.  I'd like MS Money to incorperate a wild card feature
> into Money so when Money downloads the transitions it will auto update
> with a
> pree defined name and catorioryuse MS Mondy 2005.  I have not upgraded
> because I'm not sure that what I need is available.  So, here are two
> suggestion form MS.
>
> 1. As I download charges form my debit card, each entry is recorder as a
> new
> payee.  However, alost all my debit/credit transitions in fact come from
> our
> local porviders.  I'd like MS Money to incorperate a wild card feature
> inot
> Money so when Money downloads the transitions it will auto update with a
> pree
> defined name.
> For example: target0010/#21 is downloaded along with target0A0310/#31.
> Both
> are looked at as new payees.  I like to be able to make a table that may
> say:
>  targ*.* =Target Store
>
> 2. I'd like to be a ble to highlight selected transaction in the accounts
> view using the comman ALT and/or  Shift key, then add these transitions
> up.
> Thus, if I want to see transtion spending over one day of selected
> records, I
> could select the desired transitions, and press a sum key to give me a
> total.
> Any help out there?

0
cconover (193)

Outlook 2007 Calender Permissions Context Menu does not open on right-click (only 1 user affected)
Hello, one of our users cannot open the context menu to set calendar permissions in Outlook 2007 (right-clicking on calendar). Hourglass appears and process hangs forever (window does not even appear). Have to use taskman to end it. No events appearing in event viewer that relate in any way :( Further details: xp32, Office 2007 Pro, all patches (2010-06-24) Running Processes, Services, Antivirus and other tools are the same for all users (accessing permissions work for others). No macros running in background. Any clue where to start my search or what to fix? Would be nice if I wouldn&#...

Wrong Sent Time
Yesterday at about 1:00 CDT we requested a supplier use a form in their .ASP application to generate an email confirmation. I had them send it to my office address as well as my home address. The supplier sent the confirmation approximately 90 minutes later. When looking at the email in an Outlook Inbox, the received time is 2:34PM which matches the actual time the message was received. However, the sent time on the opened email is 9:34AM both at the office and at home. In this case, that's 3.5 hours before the request for a confirmation email was sent to the supplier. Looking at the mess...

First in First out
I need help in figuring out how to implement FIFO. I order a product and it is put in inventory with a PO and price. Then I may order some more in a few months before I use up all the old, it is added in with its own PO and price. Now when I take out of inventory I want to use up all the items from the first order then switch to the next one. Any help would be nic Thank Ji You need a date stamp at the time the product into inventory. Maybe use an "expected arrival" date on the PO. But how does this relate to Excel? Questions like this should be directed to: http://www.allexpert...

readded user email not working from outside domain
Patient - Exchange Server 2003 Small Business Edition Scenerio - 6 months ago, I deleted a user account. Last week, I had to readd the same employee. All seemed to go fine, but he cannot receive email from outside out domain. The email is not delivered to him and it is not returned to the outside sender. If he sends email out of the domain and that person replies to it, it is still never seen again. If the email originates inside our domain, all is fine - the email is delivered. If I look at a list of all user accounts, his email address is listed as joe2@domain.com instead of joe@...

time formula question
This formula works great if the ending time is before 0:00. =IF(D21>0,B21/INDIRECT("Sheet1!E"&MAX((A21>=$C$9:$C$11)*(A21<=$E$9:$E$11)* {2;3;4})),"") $C$9:$C$11 is my starting time i.e. 20:00 $E$9:$E$11 is my ending time i.e. 04:30 How can I get this to work if A21 = 20:15? TIA, David Try this: =IF(D21>0,B21/INDIRECT("Sheet1!E"&MAX((($C$9:$C$11<$E$9:$E$11)*(A21>=$C$9:$C$11)*(A21<=$E$9:$E$11)+(($C$9:$C$11>=$E$9:$E$11)*((A21>=$C$9:$C$11)+(A21<=$E$9:$E$11)))*{2;3;4})),"") HTH -- AP "David" <dfizer@r...

Outlook is retrieving data from the Microsoft Exchange Server #2
Exchange 2000. Outlook 2002. Using private store and public folders. Brand new Windows XP Pro IBM laptop. One user logs in and it takes upwards of 2 minutes to open one simple message. Another user logs on and accesses their e-mail and there is no delay nor do they get the "Outlook is retrieving data from the Microsoft Exchange Server server_name. You can cancel the request or minimize this message to the Windows taskbar until Outlook closes the message automatically" dialog box. I have looked throughout the news groups and Microsofts web site. Much of the information relates t...

How do I print just the first page in my received email
To me it looks like I can either print all, even or odd pages only. can I just print first page only, and how do I do that? HTML messages can be printed one page at a time if you use File, Print on the menu. You can also Edit a plain text message to change it to HTML be able to use File, Print. "PeterM" wrote: > To me it looks like I can either print all, even or odd pages only. can I > just print first page only, and how do I do that? > > Many thanks Mary..........When I'm looking at my email (please remember, this is my 3 day with outlook) how do I cha...

Webmail default session time
I would like to see if I can change the default time for webmail to be longer. For example, if you are inactive in a webmail session for more than 10 or 15 minutes it logs you out. Could you change this to 30 minutes please ? Thanks comments ! It's a quick registry edit :-). http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/OWA_Exchange_Server_2003.html (From above site) You can change the default timeout by changing the following registry setting: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ExchangeWeb\OWA Registry Value: PublicClientTimeout Value Type: REG_DWORD V...

the first
-- zdx840626��sina.com ...

Date and Time Summaries
This is a little hard to explain, but here it goes. I have a dataset with weather data and I get data sent to me every 10 minutes. The date and time is being stored together such as 14/MAY/2007 12:15:00 AM. etc. However, I want to base some summaries from say the 14/MAY/2007 at a time starting at 4pm until 7:40am the next morning which would make this the 15/MAY/2007. How can I get all this data to see each day starting at 4pm one day until 7:40 am the next day to be a day? In the criteria for the date/time field: Between Date() + #4:00:00 PM# AND Date() + #7:40:00 AM# +1 This w...

Summary Query based on First Occurrence
I've got a list of invoices for businesses, some which have multiple invoices on a given day. I want to be able to return ONLY the First Day a customer was invoiced AND the TOTAL for just that day. Here's what the data looks like: Account InvoiceDate TotBill A B C Corp. 20041231 3500.00 A B C Corp. 20041231 9500.00 A B C Corp. 20050131 1500.00 A B C Corp. 20050131 2000.00 BARBERS INC. 20041431 1500.00 BARBERS INC. 20041431 12000.00 BARBERS INC. 20050131 300.00 BARBERS INC. 20050131 470.00 Ideally, my Qu...

convert into time format
hi I want to make a simple timetabel for my employees. Instead of time format mm:ss I would like them just to type 1000 as in 10:00. I cannot find the right way, and do not have expert skills in Excel. pls. help. Henrik. Cannot be done in Excel simply by formatting the cells. You would have to use an adjacent column as a helper column with formulas to make the change to time. Chip Pearson has event code for quick entry of dates/times. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm Or an add-in from Bob Phillips' site http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.QDEDownload.html Gord Dibb...

Inventory: Average Lead Time vs Planning Lead Time
Hi, In "Cards > Inventory > Vendors" (ie. Item Vendors Maintenance) there is a field called "Average lead Time". I see that this is a calculated field and that makes sense. The Help for this field says: Average Lead Time - Enter the average number of days that pass between the time you place an order with this vendor and the time you receive the order. There is another field here called "Planning Lead Time". It's Help says: Planning Lead Time - Enter the number of days you use in planning between the time you place an order with this vendor and th...

Outlook 2003 slow opening first html msg
Anyone else noticed a slowdown recently when opening the first html formatted message in Outlook 2003? It might have occurred during the recent MS updates, or it might be where I upgraded to IE7. That all happened about the same time. On my Pentium 800 with .5gb of ram, the message frame appears in about 20 seconds and the contents in another 20 seconds. This seems to only happen on the first e-mail to be opened. The next opens instantly. Dave ...

Toolbar doesn't react on first click.
Hello everyone. I create program with one toolbar and few CWnd objects in CFrameWnd. Only one window (CWnd) is shown at time. When I start some action on this window (OnLButtonUp and OnlButtonDown) program makes few expensive calculation, next he hides window (SW_HIDE), and shows another (SW_SHOW). But sometimes when I make double-click on window, everything show OK, but toolbar freeze (doesn't react on first click and I must click him once more). I try to override OnLButtonDblClk but my application never goes in to. I thing the problem are messages that are pushed to queue when pr...

Transforming first n nodes
I have a large xml (35MB) and I need to transform its top 200 rows using an xsl (in ASP.Net web app). Is this possible to do it in an efficient manner? Thanks. You can subclass XmlTextReader and make a custom one that only return first N elements. Then you can use it to load data into XPathDocument and do a transfer. Yan "Salman" <salman_z_g@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Oa7kJoiMEHA.1192@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... >I have a large xml (35MB) and I need to transform its top 200 rows using an > xsl (in ASP.Net web app). > Is this possible to do it in an efficient...

Concatenate first:last! worksheet
I need to concatenate 150 rows in 50 different worksheets for a totals page, and may need to add additional worksheets in later versions. So, I need P7 in all 50 worksheets to be concatenated on P6 in the totals page, P8 in all worksheets to be concatenated on P7 in the totals page, etc. I am wondering if it's possible to use something like first:last! to concatenate the worksheet range, making it possible to include additional sheets added in before the current last worksheet. I am using "&" for the concatenate function now as I have more than 30 sheets ...

email sort is confused by absolute value of received time
i am sorting mail by conversation, then by received . i am finding that email timed at 12:39 pm is at top of list, while 9:30 pm is below it. or, within a conversation the received times, from top to bottom are 12:59pm, 9:41 pm, 11:11 PM, and 8:10 pm. the first three are progressively indented. i've tried various settings, ascending and descending. but can't find a setting that simply puts the newest email at the top. any ideas? jeffrey -- jeffrey forgot to mention, i am using OL 2007 -- jeffrey "jeffrey" <astro46@gmail.com> wrote in message news:2lqXk...

1 email address shared between 2 users
As the subject says i need to share an email address for incoming mail only. e.g. f...@blah.com all INCOMING mail addressed to fred will also be copied to w...@blah.com freds outgoing mail still says f...@blah.com its only incoming mail that needs copying. how do i do this ? thanks pom 1. Create a mail enabled group. 2. Add this address to that group. 3. Make your two users members of that group. Oliver On 16 Mar, 17:07, "Oliver Moazzezi" <o.moazzez...@SPAMfreenet.co.uk> wrote: > 1. Create a mail enabled group. > 2. Add this address to that group. > 3. Make...

Locating first blank cell
I am looking for a macro that will select the first blank (empty) cell in a given column please. Thanks, Mike Hi Mike Sub test() Dim GivenColumn As Long GivenColumn = 1 Columns(GivenColumn).Find(What:="", _ After:=Cells(1, GivenColumn), _ LookAt:=xlWhole).Select End Sub HTH. Best wishes Harald "Mike W" <mike@ehb-docks.fsbusiness.co.uk> skrev i melding news:dcq6va$97d$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk... > I am looking for a macro that will select the first blank (empty) cell in a > given column please. > > Thanks, > > Mike > > Brilliant...

Transfer time hh:mm to decimal and round
Anyone know how to transfer a time (hh:mm) into a rounded decimal? example: 3:08 to be 3.25?? -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I'm not sure if this is what you're asking, but if I have my time i cell A1, my formula might look like this... =(HOUR(A1)*60+MINUTE(A1))/60 Format the cell as "number" showing as many decimals as you need. Th time conversions would look like this: 3:15 would yield 3.25 4:30 would yield 4.50 (with decimals set at 2) 13:12 would yield 13.20...etc. I'm assuming you want the decimals to show the minutes as fractions o an ho...

Run time error "57121"
Hello, I get this error everytime I press a command button "Run Time Error 57121" Application-defined or object-define error. What I did was copied a worksheet into a new workbook and adjust the worksheet in my coding below. Why do I get this and How do I make my program work? Any tip or website to visit will be appreciate. Thank you in advance, Private Sub cmdClear_Click() 'Message box Dim Msg, Style, Title, Help, Ctxt, Response, MyString Msg = "You are about to erase inputted cells. Press OK to proceed or No to cancel." Style = vbOKCancel + v...

See critical pack that comes from the Microsoft Corp.
--pfwxoyqnsxpq Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="mohnkkbebzvtjvtns"; type="multipart/alternative" --mohnkkbebzvtjvtns Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="ytxqkimxaffuja" --ytxqkimxaffuja Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to protect your computer from these vulnerab...

time functions
Hello, I have Excel 2007 Can anyone help please, I want to display times as 08:00, 09:00, 10:00, etc. I cannot find a time format to do this, I keep getting 08:00:00 , etc Also, I want to be able to add 1 hour to a cell value, ie. to calculate cell A2 = A1+1hour. Can I do this ? Thanks for all help K =a1+1/24 or =a1+time(1,0,0) will add an hour. Can you just format the cell as: hh:mm? You may want to explain what failed. KRK wrote: > > Hello, I have Excel 2007 > > Can anyone help please, I want to display times as 08:00, 09:00, 10:00, etc. > > I cannot find a...

Microsoft 2002
On my home page, I want to change the date reange of income and expenses. Please help me and email me the solution. The income and expenses chart on the home page is what it is--there is no way to change the date range in the chart--and you found your way here, you can find your way back. "Anna" <amv4276@msn.com> wrote in message news:0c0a01c389e8$a27a2e00$a001280a@phx.gbl... > On my home page, I want to change the date reange of > income and expenses. Please help me and email me the > solution. ...