Financial Management Software Fees

I use 2006 Deluxe and for the first time I have been billed $9.95 as a
monthly fee.  Legacy Bank One customer, with accounts that have been opened
more than 5 years.  Who charged the fee?  Is there a balance waiver or a way
to get the same information without paying the fee?

Any help would be appreciated.
0
Family (2)
2/22/2006 1:48:04 AM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

"Smith Family" <Smith Family@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I use 2006 Deluxe and for the first time I have been billed $9.95 as a
> monthly fee.  Legacy Bank One customer, with accounts that have been
> opened
> more than 5 years.  Who charged the fee?  Is there a balance waiver or a
> way
> to get the same information without paying the fee?

Shouldn't you direct that question to your bank?
--
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL

0
spam_magnet (1210)
2/22/2006 4:50:40 AM
Your bank is charging the fee (and keeping all of it, nothing goes to M$).
Call your bank and ask if the have a minimum balance plan for free
downloads.  Chase does, so I assume Bank One does as well or will soon.
Chase also allows you to download statements from their website (one account
at a time) that you can import into Money.  I don't think there is any
charge for this
--
Peace,
BobJ

"Smith Family" <Smith Family@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I use 2006 Deluxe and for the first time I have been billed $9.95 as a
> monthly fee.  Legacy Bank One customer, with accounts that have been
> opened
> more than 5 years.  Who charged the fee?  Is there a balance waiver or a
> way
> to get the same information without paying the fee?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

0
Privacy1 (389)
2/22/2006 4:52:10 AM
"Smith Family" <Smith Family@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I use 2006 Deluxe and for the first time I have been billed $9.95 as a
> monthly fee.  Legacy Bank One customer, with accounts that have been
> opened
> more than 5 years.  Who charged the fee?  Is there a balance waiver or a
> way
> to get the same information without paying the fee?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

I pay $6.95 per month for online bill pay.  If you don't use that, you
should be able to download transactions for free, it depends on your bank.
It is worth it though for all the time I used to spend writing checks and
licking envelopes.

0
Taylor
2/24/2006 5:23:07 PM
I have Sun Trust.  When I use their web-based access, I can download
statements and transactions with no charge.  But there IS a charge if I want
to use the Microsoft Money Online Services Setup for SunTrust - Why SunTrust
charges for this automatic link, I don't know, but I just log into Sun Trust
regularly and download from there manually - no problem and no fee.  Check to
see if you bank offers a fee-free to download to Microsoft Money.
--
RickR

"Taylor" wrote:

> "Smith Family" <Smith Family@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I use 2006 Deluxe and for the first time I have been billed $9.95 as a
> > monthly fee.  Legacy Bank One customer, with accounts that have been
> > opened
> > more than 5 years.  Who charged the fee?  Is there a balance waiver or a
> > way
> > to get the same information without paying the fee?
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated.
>
> I pay $6.95 per month for online bill pay.  If you don't use that, you
> should be able to download transactions for free, it depends on your bank.
> It is worth it though for all the time I used to spend writing checks and
> licking envelopes.

0
RickR (8)
3/18/2006 9:27:26 PM
"RickR" <RickR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Sun Trust.  When I use their web-based access, I can download
> statements and transactions with no charge.  But there IS a charge if I
> want
> to use the Microsoft Money Online Services Setup for SunTrust - Why
> SunTrust
> charges for this automatic link, I don't know, but I just log into Sun
> Trust
> regularly and download from there manually - no problem and no fee.  Check
> see if you bank offers a fee-free to download to Microsoft Money.

Why SunTrust charges is because they can, because some are willing to pay.
But there is a cost to them to provide the service. The servers required to
service MS$ customers are different from those required to service web
customers. I don't think they can get away with not having a reasonable web
offering so, from their perspective, perhaps the Money direct service is
excess expense.
--
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL

0
spam_magnet (1210)

Financial Objects
Hi Is there such a thing as Financial Shapes, available in Visio 2003? Kind Regards Ricky There are some new workflow shapes in Visio 2007 that deal with AR, AP, cash, banking, approvals etc. The beta for Visio 2007 is available if you want to see what the shapes are like. What sort of shapes are you looking for? John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm Visio Wishlist http://www.mvps.org/visio/wish_list.htm &q...

Contact Management Question
I use the flag feature to remind me of calls on a daily basis. After downloading a Windows update, I am unable to use this feature now. Should I restore settings to prior to the download? How is this done? I am using Win 2000 and any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED. thx ...

No Task Manager
WindowsXP Pro Sp3 I have cross posted because I don't know which is the appropriate group. After an anti-virus program removed two Trojans I no longer have access to Task Manager. Is there a way to make it active again? I don't want to do a restore for fear it will take me back to include the Trojans again. -- Ray _________________________________________________ Either taskmgr.exe was one of the infected files and was deleted or, the "anti-virus program" was itself a virus and removed Task manager so you couldn't view/stop the virus program. ...

Integration Manager Quick Start guide
Where can I find the "Integration Manager Quick Start guide" mentioned on page 6 of the Integration Manager User's Guide? On Nov 17, 3:58 am, North Dakota <N...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Where can I find the "Integration Manager Quick Start guide" mentioned on > page 6 of the Integration Manager User's Guide? Start >> Program Files >> Dynamics >> Integration Manager >> Quick Start Guide. Its a PDF file. Is it available online? Search did not turn up anything. GP 10.0 "North Dakota" wrote: > Where ca...

troubles deploying software
Hi there, So after some hard work programming and debugging my code, I'm ready to test my software on different PCs, and I'm running into some big headaches. (when i speak of bus, I mean CAN network bus) On my PC(winxp sp3, core2duo cpu,very light bus load), it works great. I press the poll processors button, which then sends a message on a bus, and then as it gets responses from processers, it populates the processors into a combobox. I can then select a processor and press the connect button. I then get a prompt from the processor, I type into a Cedit box(which I derived ...

Best way to keep financial data secure in M05?
Thinking of getting M05 - do not have previous versions. I am concerned about financial data being compromised. Are there any tips on how to best keep your data secure if you'd like to use the online update of account feature? Step 1: find a bank that supports direct download rather than one that doesn't and thus requires download via Yodlee. "jshofstra" <jshofstra11@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1117975134.899774.87820@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Thinking of getting M05 - do not have previous versions. I am concerned > about financial data being com...

Collection Management Customer Info Build Query
In the Collection steup there are two user -defined text fields in the Customer Info pane . But when we go to the Build Query Letter, under the Customer Info tab, in the drop-down available only TextField 1 is available for filtering . Is there any way we can get the other TextField in the drop-down ? TIA, AC ...

Change Financial Institution
I'm using Money 04. As often happens these days the bank owning my Visa card was bought by another bank. I need to change the financial institution associate with this account. When I go to Payee-Account Details-Change Details and Payment Options-Online Billing Details, it won't let me change the name of the institution. How can I accomplish this? Thanks "Ken Kast" <ken@NOSPAMkenkast.com> wrote in message news:u0wU$TqNGHA.2560@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I'm using Money 04. As often happens these days the bank owning my Visa > card was bought by an...

Exchange system manager
I have upgraded to exchange 2003 and use a email redirector on a seperate server for mobile device users to receive email. This redirector server has an older version of the exchange system manager. I nned to upgrade this to match the mapi32 profile. I have tried to use the exchange cd and install the support tools but this will only let me install tools for exchange 5.5 How do I upgrade the system manager on a win 2k server to work with win 2k3 exchange/server? Thanks for your efforts!!! When you stick in the E2K3 cd, under the component selection, under System Tools, choose R...

Business Portal
UserA created a requisition. His supervisor, userB, got "Requisition Approval Failure, Error in the application, Message: Unable to reconcile changes for entity" when he tried to approve this requisition. Please help. Thanks. ...

Windows XP power management
When I set the power management settings to get it to hibernate or shut off the monitor or hard disk, it just never does it. The settings don't "take effect". I checked to see that the account that I was using was the administrator's account. The "enable hybernate" is selected. I would appreciate any suggestions on getting this to work. It is on my daughter's computer (with a loud fan) and I can always hear it running....... You're in the wrong place. This forum is for Microsoft Dynamics GP assistance. The Windows XP forum is http://www.microso...

Unable to open Exchange Systems Manager
When I double-click on the ESM on the desktop. I get the following error message. Error Message 1: The system cannot find the file specified Facility: Win32 ID no: c007002 Exchange System Manager Error Message 2: (This message appears after clicking on OK from message 1) Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error! Program: This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information. Running Exchange 2003 with Windows 2003 "=?Utf-8?B?TWlrZSBDaHVuZw==?=" <MikeChung@discussions.m...

SQL connection management in ASP.Net
hi, I have to create a small website in ASP.Net 2.0. I have question about working with SQL connections. What are the best practises? How and where to create and store a connection? I see a few possibilities: - create, open/close a connection on each web page - create a connection on login page and store it on Session - how to create a connection? ie. SqlConnection = new SqlConnection or System.Data.Common.DbProviderFactory factory = System.Data.Common.DbProviderFactories.GetFactory("System.Data.SqlClient"); System.Data.Common.DbConnection conn = factory.Crea...

Foreign financial institutions
My foreign bank isn't in Money's list of Financial Institutions and I know it supports MS Money (2-way only) by reading its website. Can I connect to foreign banks and download statements into Money? One more info - It's a bank from Portugal named: Millennium bcp >-----Original Message----- >My foreign bank isn't in Money's list of Financial >Institutions and I know it supports MS Money (2-way only) >by reading its website. > >Can I connect to foreign banks and download statements >into Money? > >. > >-----Original Message--...

POS Manager
Hello i just install MS POS on my computer, and i can't access to the manager. I have an error : ID : 5000 Message of information about the crash : Type de l'=E9v=E9nement : Erreur Source de l'=E9v=E9nement : Microsoft Business Solutions Point of Sale Cat=E9gorie de l'=E9v=E9nement : Aucun ID de l'=E9v=E9nement : 5000 Date : 28/09/2006 Heure : 15:16:04 Utilisateur : N/A Ordinateur : SERVER Description : La description pour l'ID d'=E9v=E9nement ( 5000 ) dans la source (Microsoft Business Solutions Point of Sale) est introuvable. L'ordinateur local n'a pe...

E2k Mailbox Manager and adding folders for cleanup
We have employed a spam filter that moves messages to a sub-folder of the Mailbox (not Inbox) and that folder is named Junk E-mail. I added that folder name to Mailbox Manager and configured Mailbox Manager to delete messages older than 30 days. Mailbox Management process runs every night. This has been in place for over 2 months and all mails , including those over 30 days old, are still there. I took a shot in the dark that it maybe the 'space' or '-' in the folder name and created a folder called Junk and applied the same settings. I then moved messages over 30 d...

Access SSRS Throug SSMS not Report Manager
Without giving someone membership into the "BUILTIN\Administrators" group, how would one enable a user to be able to access SSRS through SSMS? SSMS >> Connect >> Reporting Services >> {Server Name} I'm currently getting the error below: TITLE: Connect to Server ------------------------------ Cannot connect to {servername}. (removed the server name) ------------------------------ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: A connection to the computer cannot be established. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.RSClient) ------------------------------ Acces...

updaing dates in financial manager wizard
win98se, office2k. Trying to use the Financial Manager wizard and dates end with March 2000. Questions, how to update dates? and Is this worth using or not? Suggestions and thanks, L. ...

Advanced Financial Analysis and quick financials
I have been using GP for a few years. I have always used FRx for Financials. Is there a reason to learn Quick Financials and Advanced Financial Analysis? My company has two companies in GP one representing a london division one a SF location. And their is many multi-currency reporting necessary. ------=_NextPart_0001_75DC991E Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi there Advanced Financial Analysis (AFA) is a much simpler system that was built into the core Dynamics product. It was created before FRx existed and is rarely used now. I would suggest that you conti...

Configure management of OU
I have a new 2003 AD implementation and I had a question about OU management. I'd like to create a "VIP" OU where only two administrator accounts would be able to manage the users and computers in that OU. The rest of the IT admins would be able to manage any other users and computers. My question is, how do you implement that security? Is it basically just going into the VIP OU's Security tab and adding/removing the appropriate users/groups and setting the right permissions? Thanks. Hello Masao, If you talk about admins, do you mean domain admins? Then ...

Unlisted Managed Fund Unit Prices
I have a number of unlisted managed funds in my portfolio which require that I enter the unit prices manually. I do this typically on a monthly basis. The unit prices are often quoted to 4 or 5 decimal places, however when I enter them into MS Money (v12) manually they get rounded to 3 decimal places. This makes it impossible to track unlisted managed funds accurately. This is not a display problem because the qty * price ends up wih a significant variance to my actual holdings. Is there a way around this problem? Thanks Stephen PS. I note that when I enter price details at th...

Problems with Deployment Manager
We are a MS Action Pack subscriber and I've been to hell and back doing a clean install of CRM1.2 on SBS2003 (sp1). I've been through the DEP problem, the KDC problem and now i'm stuck with deployment manager that doesn't deploy. When i try and add a user, it reports, "An error occurred while retrieving the list of users in Active Directory. For more information, contact your System Administrator" I've given up on this, as i can add and administer users via the web interface. But, when i customize forms and try and publish via the DM, it hangs on locating IIS w...

FINANCIAL SURPORT
Hey,first iwhould like to thank , The Almighty, second The group wich has allows me to express my self .am coming from an humble country , from africa but dispite the fact that we are on our way of throwiwing the issue of POVETY it is still DIFICCULT FOR young people like us to belive that JOB opportunity is just a history to usTHEREFORE my main THEME is to discuss and ask for ANY WILLING PERSON to H ELP and give us any kind of SUPPORT THANKS .PAUL MBOYA ...

preparation of financial performance and financial position ?
how can i prepare financial performance, financial position and analusis through annual report "kay" <kay @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9AD1C2D3-C543-4DF0-B825-07FAE1FD0EC6@microsoft.com... > how can i prepare financial performance, financial position and analusis > through annual report > Seriously, as a recently retired Management and Systems Accountant, if you are needing to ask this in a newsgroup, you need to get some on-site professional advice on this. There are all sorts of possible legal implications depending on the type of organi...

Custom Configuration management for app.Config
Hi, I created a custom Section handler using System.configuration for Web application to read from Web.Config File. If I want to use the same handler to read from app.config file: app.config is not interpreted as XML file, & the code breaks. Here is the sample of the logic. For Each node In section.ChildNodes For Each element In node.ChildNodes elementKey = element.GetAttribute("key") elementValue = element.GetAttribute("value") Next Next Kindly let me know how to use the same custom handler to read from web.config...