Fees in Retirement Account - Microsoft Money 2003

What is the best way to handle periodic fees that are
charged by retirement accounts.  On the retirement
statement from the company, shares are sold to cover the
fee thus reducing the number of shares in the account.
If you use the "Remove Shares" option in Microsoft Money,
this reduces the cost basis which leads to
incorrect "Performance Results".  For example, I invested
$500.00, had a fee of $10.00 and the account is now worth
550.00.  In my opinion, the performanc result shoud be
calculated as $50/$500 or 10%.  Money calculates it as
$60/500 or 12%.
0
anonymous (74721)
3/6/2004 7:20:39 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Gary A. wrote:

>What is the best way to handle periodic fees that are
>charged by retirement accounts.>  On the retirement
>statement from the company, shares are sold to cover the
>fee thus reducing the number of shares in the account.
>If you use the "Remove Shares" option in Microsoft Money,
>this reduces the cost basis which leads to
>incorrect "Performance Results".  For example, I invested
>$500.00, had a fee of $10.00 and the account is now worth
>550.00.  In my opinion, the performanc result shoud be
>calculated as $50/$500 or 10%.  Money calculates it as
>$60/500 or 12%.

Use two transactions: Do a sell of the amount of shares removed from
your account for the amount of the fee. If you want to associate the
fee with a particular security, you do an Other Expense
transaction in the Investment Transactions.

If you want to attribute the fee two to or more securities, allocate
portions of the fee to each security.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
3/6/2004 7:35:30 PM
Thank for the workaround.

It would be nice if Money had a way to enter with one transaction.  IRA fees
are a pretty common occurence.

I can't see much use for the "Remove Shares" option unless someone is just
trying to keep track of shares and doesn't care about cost.

Thanks again,

In microsoft.public.money, <gashfordjr@charter.net> wrote:

>Thank for the workaround.

I wouldn't categorize it as a workaround.

>It would be nice if Money had a way to enter with one transaction.  IRA fees
>are a pretty common occurence.
>
>I can't see much use for the "Remove Shares" option unless someone is just
>trying to keep track of shares and doesn't care about cost.

.... Either somebody who doesn't care about tracking cost, or
somebody who does not even know the costs.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Performance Toolkit
I need help with the toolkit. Could someone from MSCRM Product Team response to my queries posted on the discussion board? http://www.codeplex.com/crmperftoolkit/Thread/List.aspx The last response made by a representative was in April 2008. If this is the wrong place to ask, kindly forward my request to the relevant party please. Thank you! Anyone? "Daniel" <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA0B9E03-5ABC-4D27-AAC3-5B4541C4BD7C@microsoft.com... >I need help with the toolkit. > > Could someone from MSCRM Product Team response to my queries ...

Upgraded to Office 2003, now can't open existing Publisher files
I need to access my previous Publisher files. Each of the other Office program files are accessable and readily open. How can I open existing files? How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329820/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "sally" <sally@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A9B1907-D229-4DBD-8AF9-1C4DCB293CF8@microsoft.com... >I need to access my previous Publisher files. Each of the other Office > program files ...

Publisher 2003 won't print part of a page
I have been printing a newsletter for my garden club for 2 years; today, it prints everything on 3 pages except for a portion in the right column and under the heading on page 1. Any suggestions? Printer driver update? Are you using the same publication over and over? Might start from scratch, copy/paste from the old into the new. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "capri" <capri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0549BBC-BC3F-4DBF-96AD-198CDAB91AFE@microsoft.com... >I have been pri...

Exchange 2003 mailbox permissions being reset
I have seen many posts on this same problem with no real answer, hopefully somebody out there has found a solution. I add "send as" rights to a mailbox for a user other than the owner of the mailbox (or full access, make no difference) and it works fine for a short while, then when less than an hour goes by (not sure exactly how long), the user that was added in the permissions tab is missing and obviously the send as ability is gone. I have tried adding the user on the Security tab, then also hitting the advanced button and adding it there (per ms kB#327000). The user that I'...

set up account
? is the anyway to determine incoming mail server settings and outgoing mail server without contacting my isp? Usually the tech suport section on the website of the provider has all of the details you'll need without contacting them directly... On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 18:55:06 -0800, "YANKY" <YANKY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >? is the anyway to determine incoming mail server settings and outgoing mail >server without contacting my isp? hmm, it kind of hit and miss. most isp's incoming mail servers use POP3 and SMTP for outgoing. the server for incoming i...

Microsoft C++ Exception in KERNEL32.DLL ...
Hello! While debugging I get the message: German: Nicht abgefangene Ausnahme in MyApp.exe (KERNEL32.DLL): 0xE06D7363: Microsoft C++ Exception. Translated: Not caught exception in MyApp.exe (KERNEL32.DLL): 0xE06D7363: Microsoft C++ Exception. Can I catch it or get otherwise known which Exception it was? Thx in advnce, Daniel. -- Daniel Geschka Software development Dallmeier electronic GmbH Co.KG daniel.geschka@dallmeier-electronic.com http://www.dallmeier-electronic.com http://www.geschka.com hi, Do you have any exception handlers in your code ? You can try with commenting out...

Installed Microsoft CRM and now Outlook Web Access is not working properly
I installed Microsoft CRM and I realized something was wrong the first time I tried Outlook Web Access. I received the Windows userid/password prompt, indicating that I did not have rights to the subdirectories on the Web server. I uninstalled CRM and nothing changed. I then went in and manually updated the permissions for what I thought were all of the correct subdirectories. It appeared that this fixed the problem, since I was able to open OWA and view my messages. Unfortunately, If I try to create a new message (or forward or reply to a message), the windows pops open, but I can'...

Money 99 "No disk...."
When I try to open Money 99 I get message: There is no disk in the drive. As I lost manuals, could someone help me? In microsoft.public.money, <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I try to open Money 99 I get message: There is no >disk in the drive. As I lost manuals, could someone help >me? Put any CD into the drive is one way. Tracking down any money registry keys that refer to your CD drive and changing the references to C: could do it, but you could mess things up if you do it wrong. ...

Accounts in different currencies
I have bank accounts in Euros and Dollars. Is there a way to assign different currencies to different bank accounts? >-----Original Message----- >I have bank accounts in Euros and Dollars. Is there a way >to assign different currencies to different bank accounts? >. >Go to the account, and choose Change Account Details from the menu on the left side of the screen. One of the details is the account currency. ...

Print ACCESS 2003 report via VB6 Application
Hi Good Guys, I need your help. Please help me. My office is still using VB6 SP6 software and ACCESS 2003 Database. I am trying print ACCESS 2003 report with VB6 application and I constantly get the POPUP Screen of SECURITY WARNING from ACCESS 2003 which created problems for the users. How to stop the POPUP SECURITY WARNING SCREEN for happening. Here are the overall VB6 coding. Option Explicit Dim objAccess As Access.Application Dim dbName As String Dim rptName As String Dim strSql As String Private Sub Form_Load() Set objAccess = New Access.Application ...

Email association with Account
Hi all, I wish to have answer on the following scenario : There are CRM Users (Sales people) and Non CRM Users (R&D, Manufacturing, etc) . If a mail is sent with respect to a particular customer (Account) to Non CRM users such as Manufacturing , etc , this activity will appear in CRM and will be associated with that particular Account. I wish to ask if the reply is sent from Non CRM user to CRM user , how that mail will be associated. Ideally we want that mail to be directly associated with the Customer (Account). If that is not possible , can we do it with promote to CRM activity...

Service Account #2
Hi all...I need an account set up that will control the accounts in Exchange 5.5 (same permissions as original service account) for a third party's software to access the Calendar in Exchange via a VPN connecting a couple of different countries. Because it's a vendor and not a part of our organisation I don't want to give them the main service account's info.... Can anyone help? Thanks in advance Goozer "Ken Reilly" <kreilly@meathcoco.ie> wrote: >Hi all...I need an account set up that will control the accounts in Exchange >5.5 (same permissions as o...

default e-mail account failure
I hope somebody can help me and send me a solution. I use Windows XP Professional and Office Professional, including Outlook 2002. My system is on Exchange Server. I have my laptop set to the default e-mail account but when I send e- mail, it won't honor the default setting, it is sending through the account which is the Exchange Server account. This is a new development. It only started doing this a few days ago. Prior to that, there was no problem with the same setup and system. Does anybody have any ideas on what might have happened or how to fix the problem? In all, I have f...

Money launch
Can anyone tell me what is ocurring when Money 2003 launches? I've noticed (per my desktop cpu meter) that upon launching money, 100% of the cpu is being used for about 30-45 seconds after signing in and home page displays. My concern with this, is on more than one ocasion, if I submit a bill for on line payment before the cpu percentage drops to less than 5%, the program freezes after the confirmation displays and my only exit option is via task manager. I haven't a clue what the program could be doing since don't use passport, or any of the other resource hogging features, ...

Money 99 and XP
I have tried installing Money 99 on a new Dell w/ XP, The install goes through the process, but when you try to access Money, a Windows error appears and if you send a report, a "solution" points to the Sun home page for Java. Is Money 99 compatible w/XP? If not, can a Money 99 file be transferred to Money 2004 w/o loss of data? Can't answer for M99 vs. XP, but there have not been lots of reports of problems. Of course, it may not be a really popular combination. M04 is designed to upgrade an M99 file with no loss of data, provided the old version and new version are the s...

Money Vs. Small Business Manager
I have started a new business and I want software that will track users who have purchased my items. I want to keep track of an inventory and report on what I need to buy when something sells. What product should I use? What are the differences between them? Any help would be great. Thanks, Scott ...

Moving Workflows that creating records with Money fields
I currently have a workflow that creates a number of child records based on the options selected on the triggering record. This works fine. The issue I have is when I try to deploy this to an other tenancy (on the same server or a different server) I cannot publish the workflow - it gives me an error about the transactioncurrencyid not being valid. The child records do have an money field. I changed my workflow and added the Currency field to the form and set the default value to the correct currency ( as per KB 946795 - How to use a workflow rule to update a value in the Money field ...

Money 2005
I recently upgraded from Money 2000 to 2005 and all seemed to go OK. However, the majority of my Favourite Reports are Bar Charts. In Money 2005, the only option that is not grayed out is the View as Report radio button and I cannot get access to the View as Bar radio button. I have tried a Quick and Standard Repair and also have Advanced Reports switched on. Can anyone shed any light? OK I finally solved the problem by trial and error, plus a lot of wasted time. I choose the Income and Spending Over Time report. This allowed me to 'Change View' to a Bar Chart. From there I ...

Unauthorized access to OWA if account set to change password on lo
Good day, We recently upgraded from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 SP2 Our OWA was previously configured to allow users to change their password. If I configure a user account to "Prompt for the user to change password at next logon", the following page is displayed when they access OWA "You are not authorized to view this page" If I deselect the option that users are required to change their password at next logon, they can login to OWA properly and even change their passwords using the Options section. I'm thinking that there is probably an issue with access ...

Money 2004 and Norton Antivirus
When I installed Money 2004 it said I need to setup my antivirus software to work with Money 2004, but when I followed the link, I couldn't find any information on how to do it. I've searched Microsoft's site, but still can't find any information. Has anyone found anything about using Money with antivirus software? "Steve" <steve2896@hotmail.com> wrote in news:#1gyCI7VDHA.624@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl: > When I installed Money 2004 it said I need to setup my antivirus > software to work with Money 2004, but when I followed the link, I > couldn't f...

From a Temp Exchange 2003 to a new Production one
Hi Thanks for taking the time to read this. I recently migrated an Exchange 5.5 system to a new Windows 2003 Forest with Exchange 2003. All went very smoothly (Phew!) The Exchange 5.5 system ran (until yesterday) on a decent server. The Exchange 2003 system is running on a temporary server at the moment. Having decommissioned the Old Exchange 5.5 server now, I've rebuilt it as a Windows 2003 server in the new domain and have installed Exchange 2003 upon in. It has appeared as a new server within the organisation. Excellent so far. What I want to do is move all mailboxes, public f...

Money Software Issue
I get a error when I try to access my Money application. Cannot load or run 'info32.exe' specified in the win.ini file. Make sure the file exist on your computer or rename the referance to it in the win.ini file. Not sure what to do with this?? I have this file installed in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\MSInfo directory. Does that directory exist, and is the file there? I believe msinfo32.exe is installed with Windows, so it must have somehow gotten deleted. You might try copying it from a different Windows installation (of the same Windows version), or...

Adding Subcategories of account types
Greetings I have used money for some years now, and would like to find out if there is a possibility to enable subcategories of account types. That is, under account list, bank accounts, i would like to have a way to separate my checking account from my wife's as well as our business checking account (I am using beta mny2005 deluxe & not business.) The same is true for my credit accounts, that is, can I create a category that separates my credit cards from my wife's? tks -- ARosenthal MCS Dallas In microsoft.public.money, ARosenthal wrote: > >I have used money for ...

Problems upgrading to Outlook 2003
I've just recently upgraded to MS Office 2003 Pro. from Microsoft Office XP Small Business (2002). Everything works perfectly except my Outlook. When installing, I selected the "upgrade" option, with the intent of not having to worry about losing any contact information or emails that were currently in Outlook 2002. Outlook 2003 works the first time I open after installing, but if I close the program and try and re-open it, it freezes. When I shut down my computer and try re-opening, I can only open Outlook in "safe mode". I've tried reinstalling, but ...

microsoft excel #4
Whre I can find in the web to download microsoft excel Thanks. Budors, I'm not sure what you mean - Microsoft Excel isn't a free software application. If you can find it out there as a public download on the web I'm sure that Microsoft would want to know about it. Cheers, Katherine "budors" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E0F9FF3A-B5BE-44C0-AA0A-D97529FB5EC6@microsoft.com... > Whre I can find in the web to download microsoft excel. > > Thanks. You cant download it, not legally any way, you have to BUY it, strange as that...