Failure on Passport login for Money 2004

As several years ago, again there is a repetitive failure to login on
Money 2004 with Passport services.
My Passport login works OK for any other access, as the same Web Money
UK, but no more from my own program on the Home PC.

I hope Microsoft People will repair this failure as we cannot use
anymore web services relkated to our own data, as "Synchonize on the
Web" etc.

Manlio
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

MSFT has acknowledged the issue
http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Common/NetworkStatus.aspx

"Manlio" wrote:

> As several years ago, again there is a repetitive failure to login on
> Money 2004 with Passport services.
> My Passport login works OK for any other access, as the same Web Money
> UK, but no more from my own program on the Home PC.
>
> I hope Microsoft People will repair this failure as we cannot use
> anymore web services relkated to our own data, as "Synchonize on the
> Web" etc.
>
> Manlio

0
OldBored (23)

money #30
whenever I gripe about being forcd to upgrade money 2002 , and I state that all I want to do is match downloaded transactions with my register, I am told how great money is as an financial advisor...and that If all I waant is to match transactions, their are tons of programs that can do that . 1. Name those programs so I can purchase one. 2. What great financial expertise can be gained from MONEY? .......that if you refinance at a lower interest rate, you will save?.....that if you buy the same program every 3 years, Microsoft will profit?....please give an example of Money's great ...

Login does nothing at all ?
Hello people, I have a user that launches IE and goes to the correct URL to sign in into CRM 4.0, just like all my other users do. He uses his correct credentials, tries to logon and then nothing happens. That is, he gets the request to log in again. No error message, nothing. Just the screen to sign in again like he just started. This is not a problem with the user itself, but rather with the PC - other users have the same problem on that PC and the application runs fine on other PC's. I know there is something that *does* work, since when I use the wrong credentials, I get an er...

Exchange POP3 email logins
Hi, I am maintaining at Exchange 2000 pop3 server. All of the users are able to login just fine except one. This all started happening about a week ago. When i test the login via telnet, here is what i get: c:\> telnet mail.networkscr.com 110 Trying 64.109.180.59... Connected to adsl-64-109-180-59.dsl.chcgil.ameritech.net. Escape character is '^]'. +OK Microsoft Exchange 2000 POP3 server version 6.0.6556.4 (networks_1.corp.nwcr) ready. user mkaseeska +OK pass <password> -ERR Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. When connecting via outlook or outlook express, ...

communication failure
I am receiving a Microsoft exchange directory ID: no: DS_E_COMMUNICATIONS_PROBLEM when trying to open an inbox. Make sure the Exchange services are started. ...

Money 2006 does not delete old backups
This version does not delete the last backup on exit. Is there a fix for this? It still will not over write the file on a floppy either. I was told this was preferable but to me NOT. In microsoft.public.money, GreyTop wrote: >This version does not delete the last backup on exit. >Is there a fix for this? Try setting the Keep only the _x_most recent backup files setting. In M06: Tools->Settings->BackupOptions I suggest checking x Automatically backup my Money file every time I close Money Save in [a place on your hard drive ] x Ask me before backing up each time* x Com...

DHCP failure
Hi, Currently we have a DHCP service installed on a DC. This issues Ip's until 10.10.250.100 (from .1) I want to install DHCP service on another server that will issue Ip's from 10.10.240.101 to say 10.10.250.150. Is their anything else I need to be aware of? Thanks Hello biren, Assuming that the x.240.x.x is a typo, no. You have to make sure, as already done, that they didn't overlap or configure it according to: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc780311(WS.10).aspx Doesn't matter if you use 80/20 or 50/50. Best regards Meinolf Weber ...

Can't Login to Passport...again...
What is it with this software? Money 2004, working fine for a while, now won't let me login with passport. This has happened to me several times before, and it seems the only way to fix it is to upgrade M2k2,M2k3, etc. Anyone have any suggestions? I've already check my browser security settings, and cleared the cache, history, etc. I can log in to passport just fine using Messenger, etc. Money uses separate Passport servers from Messenger, etc. "Bill Boyles" <.> wrote in message news:%23XE%23GRG7EHA.3368@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > What is it with this so...

Customer Source failure
Has anyone else had problems viewing the tax updates, service packs and just about everything else on CS? I have had a ticket open with MS for more that 2 weeks and they still cannot resolve the problem. They say they are aware of the problem, and even told me it was fixed once (it was not). I pay a fair amout of $ in maintenance not to be abe to access these documents and updates. Whats the deal? ...

Money Small Business to ?????
I need to use an existing MS Money Small Business file. I no longer need the features of the Small Business edition. The problem appears to be that the home MS Money programs can not read or import the Small Business file. I was a club treasurer and those duties required the features of the Small Business version. so when I passed on those duties, I also passed on the software. However, foolishly I discovered that nothing I have can read my personal files. It appears that my older version of Money (for home use) will not read the files. While I know the home versions d...

rules to move delivery receipts \ failure notifications
Hi, is it possible to move, redirect of autoforward delievery receipt emails? We have a custom app that sends out mail and all replies, including delivery receipts, undeliverables etc.. come back to an exchang inbox. The exchange inbox, needs to re-disperse the delivery reciepts or failuresin to a corresponding public folder. It seems that the delivery receipts in most cases come up as a different message class, (Report.IPM.Note.DR), others come up as regular messages (IPM.Note). It appears that rules don't work on the Report.IPM.Note.DR ones...Has anyone ever seen this or know...

Money '06
I'm using Money 2006 and Bank or America. All transaction descriptions are in a format of: PURCHASE [transaction ID] ON [date] AT [payee] But money seems to dump anything after the slash in the date. Example: PURCHASE XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX ON 08/ Which makes it impossible to categorize transactions, or even see what the transaction is. Is there any known solution to fix this? Shaun H wrote: > But money seems to dump anything after the slash in the date. > > Which makes it impossible to categorize transactions, or even see what the > transaction is. Is there any known solut...

Windows Vista/Windows XP Application Load Failure
Hello, I seem to be having an issue with Visual Studio 2005 Professional on Windows Vista Ultimate. It seems to me that whenever I build an MFC application (which contains several DLLs and an exe), the application runs beautifully on Windows Vista (e.g. my development machine). However, when I attempt to run it on Windows XP I essentially get a failure to load DLL/Merge Module issue. Upon inspection of the event viewer on XP I see the following error as being logged: Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.CRT could not be found and Last Error was The reference assembly is not installed o...

CInternetSession Assertion Failure #2
Hi! I'm a biginner c++ programmer that needs help. Here is my code: #include <AfxInet.h> int main() { CInternetSession mySession; return 0; } This program compiles fine but ouputs the following output error: "Debug Assertion Failed! Program: C:\WebSearcher\Debug\play_around1.exe File: afxwin1.inl Line: 27 When I take a look at afxwin1.inl, the problem originates from the following lines: // Inlines for AFXWIN.H (part 1) #ifdef _AFXWIN_INLINE // Global helper functions _AFXWIN_INLINE LPCTSTR AFXAPI AfxGetAppName() { ASSERT(afxCurrentAppName != NULL); return afxCurr...

MS Money
I thought I had read and saved all the pertinent info on the discontinuance of MSMoney, but after re-reading what I had saved, I am still not sure that if you don't have Money Plus, there is a "Sunset" download for me. Is that right? Do only the [2] Plus version owners have the option of downloading a "Sunset" version? I have a 2006 regular or standard MSMoney version, which I never used for online activities, but would still like to use for record keeping. Will it no longer work for me locally on my pc after year's end? bj In microsoft.public.money, ch...

Sorting Subcategories in Money 2004
My wife is using Money 2004 for a variety of accounts and a perplexing problem has come up -- we cannot seem to find a way to re-sort report subcategories. The sub-subcategories have a little arrown next to them that changes sort order, but we cannot seem to find a way to re-alphabetize the subcategories themselves. There is no little arrow, and the report gallery and customization tabs don't seem to have a command for this either. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Rich Phillips In microsoft.public.money, Rich Phillips wrote: >My wife is using Money 2004 for a variety of ac...

Money 2007 #4
Well, after downloading my accounts a couple of times, I have discovered one new thing. My investment accounts would always indicate another statement even if it were the same statement as before. I would accept the positions updates. Now, it correctly says that I have no new statements if I redownload over the weekend or on days when the market was closed. Is that worth the new version? LOL. I don't think it is any faster, though the account downloads seem faster so far, but I haven't done enough of them to be definitive on that. I have only played with the new budget th...

Can't Login to CRM
I have installed CRM on our SBS2003 SP1 machine. I have followed the instructions as per the deployment guide, but can't manage to add any users. If i try and connect via the web browser, i get an unknown user error. (I've tried connecting as administrator, myself and a specially added user. I have added all the rights as specified in the implementation guide.) If i try and add a user by using the CRM deployment program, apart from not being able to see myself as a user (I migrated from an earlier version) I get the error message 'An unhandled exception error has occured in a...

Open Letter to Microsoft Regarding Money
If you agree with this open letter, please respond to it and/or also print/ mail to Microsoft..... Since I do not know nor could imagine all the reasons why you would leave countless Microsoft Money users in the lurch, let me attempt to resolve in my own mind what I see the main issue and hope that what I am about to say leads to a good resolution. To me the root cause of where we are today is due to the bundling of functional upgrades and online services together yet packaging the charge as a simple functional upgrade. At some point it became very apparent that the product itself wa...

Login Failure
I use Microsoft Money 2000 and it has worked just fine from the beginning. The last couple days though I receive the following message as I try to log in. "Money is unable to verify your Online Sign In. Money will now log you in using Work Offline sign in." ETC. Naturally this offline login prevents me from using background banking and other features. I am using the "Passport" identification I've always used so ... what's the trick? This has worked for many -- Open Internet Explorer and delete all temporary files and cookies. This doesn't ap...

Unable to use Passport
Using MS Money 2005 Standard. Needed to change all passwords. Went to each vendor/institution website and changed pw. Went to passport.com and changed pw for user ID. Accepted it just fine, have reopened IE, returned to passport.com and was allowed to log in using new pw. I signed into this newsgroup using new pw. However, MS Money would not allow me to use new pw with passport sign in. I restored my backup from yesterday, signed in offline. Went to file/pwmanager and "removed" passport. Closed MSMoney. Reopened Money w/no password. Went back to file/pwmanager. Cho...

money 2003 deluxe is only $5.99 on amazon.com
and shipping is only 4 bucks and change. ...

Archiving Failure
As of the end of December, 2003, I can no longer archive my calendar entries. I maintain one year of data in my Personal Folders and monthly archive all data over one year old. This has worked for me since I first set up Office XP when it was first released. Now, it appears to be working and the "Archiving" message appears in the bottom right of the window, but nothing is archived. The old data is not removed from the Calendar folder nor is it added in the Archive Calendar folder. Is there a limit to how much data can be maintained in the Archive or is there another problem...

File Transfer Add In Failure
when I use the Client Access file transfer Add In, Excel gives me the error message: " Macro fShowTTODialog cannot be found" How do I fix please ? As in "client access", or Microsoft Access (the database program)? If you don't mean MS Access, is this a different program? On Fri, 8 Aug 2003 02:52:20 -0700, "Paul Wyatt" <Paul_Wyatt@Moores.co.uk> wrote: >when I use the Client Access file transfer Add In, Excel >gives me the error message: >" Macro fShowTTODialog cannot be found" >How do I fix please ? This might be it: http:...

Change the Number of Login Attempts Before Lockout
Is there a way to change the number of login attempt failures before a users account is locked out? I figured it would be a SQL side setting but I didn't see it there and I thought unchecking the Enforce Password Policy in GP would do it but that just seems to clear the corresponding SQL field. This need to be modified in server Group Policy Objects. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 Great Package For Business Solutions daoudm@greatpbs.com http://www.greatpbs.com http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/ "tuned"...

Unwanted Money 2002 install
I keep getting a Money 2002 install utility popping up....and I can't get it to close or stop trying to install! Whenever I hit "cancel" it just pops right back. I suspect I've picked up some virus or trojan, but I've run anti-virus (McAfee) and spyware (Microsoft Antispyware) software with the latest updates, but nothing seems to be catching it. I've also downloaded the latest Windows updates. I'd appreciate ANY ideas on how I could get this to stop! PLEASE email me at heresharry(removethis)@juno.com. THANK YOU! ...