Failed backup/restore

After switching to Windows XP, I reinstalled Money 99
(which seems to be working) but have been unable to open
either the backup of my Money file (on floppy) or the
copy of the working file that I copied to CDROM (and
which I recopied to the hard drive).

Error messages say the backup file has been corrupted;
and that the working file is corrupted or is not a
legitimate Money file. I've made sure this file, copied
from CDROM, is not "read only."

This is 4 years of my personal financial records. Does
anyone know of any way to recover the data?

0
paul.berk (2)
8/8/2003 2:49:10 AM
money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

Since you have the actual .mny file, you could try to repair the file.  Try
the following two articles:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;182608
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;274584

"Paul B" <paul.berk@verizon.net> wrote in message
> After switching to Windows XP, I reinstalled Money 99
> (which seems to be working) but have been unable to open
> either the backup of my Money file (on floppy) or the
> copy of the working file that I copied to CDROM (and
> which I recopied to the hard drive).
>
> Error messages say the backup file has been corrupted;
> and that the working file is corrupted or is not a
> legitimate Money file. I've made sure this file, copied
> from CDROM, is not "read only."
>
> This is 4 years of my personal financial records. Does
> anyone know of any way to recover the data?

0
bjclarinet (489)
8/8/2003 12:31:32 PM
Thanks. I tried the salvage programs, and though the
Super Salvage utility reported a healthy file, Money 99
still wouldn't open it up.

I downloaded the trial version of Windows 2004 and that
opened the file. Then I tried making a "Money 1999"
compatible backup using Mon2004, but it still wasn't
recognizable. I guess Money 99 just doesn't function
properly under Windows XP.

But I appreciate the suggestions; I don't really feel
it's right for Microsoft to make me replace a program
that I've been happy with, but such is life.

us;182608
us;274584

>"Paul B" <paul.berk@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> After switching to Windows XP, I reinstalled Money 99
>> (which seems to be working) but have been unable to
open
>> either the backup of my Money file (on floppy) or the
>> copy of the working file that I copied to CDROM (and
>> which I recopied to the hard drive).
>>
>> Error messages say the backup file has been corrupted;
>> and that the working file is corrupted or is not a
>> legitimate Money file. I've made sure this file, copied
>> from CDROM, is not "read only."
>>
>> This is 4 years of my personal financial records. Does
>> anyone know of any way to recover the data?
>>

>.

0
paul.berk (2)

FindResourceEx fails.
Hello I cant the the following function to work. FindResourceEx returns NULL. TRACE prints 1814 as error. m_wLanguage is 1053, and I got swedish as a lang in my resourcefile. const char* CResourceLoader::GetString(int nId) { HRSRC hResource = FindResourceEx( NULL, RT_STRING, MAKEINTRESOURCE(nId), m_wLanguage); TRACE("%d\n", GetLastError()); if (!hResource) { char szString[512]; LoadString(NULL, nId, szString, 512); return szString; } else return (const char*)LoadResource(NULL, hResource); } Jonas > I cant the the following function to work. FindResourc...

Backup and Recovery
I'm concerned my system may crash and I have no back up and recovery disk or Vista installation disk. I was told I could order one from the manufacturer but I'm wondering if there is a way to create one after setup. I have a XP Home Edition I suppose I could use but I would rather create a Vista backup, if possible. "Connie" <noone@nospam.com> wrote in message news:C75915AA-0BD4-459C-A782-9BF8F32D17A2@microsoft.com... > I'm concerned my system may crash and I have no back up and recovery disk > or Vista installation disk. I was told I could o...

Quick Campaigns are failing
Quick campaigns used to work for us but don't anymore. I get the following error after creating the quick campaign: This Quick Campaign could not be performed due to an error: 0x80131500. For more information, contact your system administrator. with the "Status Reason = aborted" I've searched everywhere for this error but can't find anything. Has anyone seen this before? The only change I made to the server was to use the rule deployment wizard but I also did this on another CRM installation server and Quick Campaigns still work there. Update to this: ...

Re: connection fails daily
On 18/12/2009 23:42, fcsark9handler wrote: ????????? *What* did the poster write? -- Dave (Sometimes man stumbles over the truth ...... Sir Winston Churchill) ...

Consistency Check fails and fails and fails ...
Hello all last Tuesday, we had a Blue Screen on our Home Directories server. After having it restarted, I got a DPM error, thus needing a Consistency Check. Today, one week later, I did 30 Consistency Checks, all having failed with all kinds of errors: - DPM encountered an error while performing an operation for \\?\Volume{83986761-1bce-4d28-bf4c-25bf9d86a50f}\HomeDirectories\K... (ID 2033 Details: The system cannot find the file specified (0x80070002)) - DPM encountered an error while performing an operation for \\?\Volume{83986761-1bce-4d28-bf4c-25bf9d86a50f}\HomeDirectories\G...

Exchange Backup/Restore
After reading through the Disaster recovery doc for Exchange 2000 and realising that our server was all wrapped up in one as opposed to a seperate Exchange member server and a seperate DC and prob DNS, I realised I would have to backup exchange, DC & DNS data and in the event of a problem restore exchange and DC & DNS datafrom backup, not in that order. My problem with that was 1) I do not have a backup machine that was the same hardware as the current one 2) DC and DNS restoration while viable seemed slow. So I thinking of a way around DC restoration this is just make my "...

Why is collection failing?
I'm creating a wrapper class for a collection object, mainly so I can test whether a given records exists. I'm baffled as to why I'm getting "Invalid procedure or argument" in the exists function when I try to extract the value, whether it actually exists or not. I've tried collection.item and collection(item), same result. BTW, the values are numbers that I convert to strings. Option Compare Database Option Explicit 'this class object extends the collection object to include an 'exists' boolean function Private colStatus As VBA.Collection Private S...

CreateDirectoryW fails
Hi I want to create a directory with more then 300 characters. I am using the CreateDirectoryW function and prepending \\?\ to the path for eg.. CreateDirectoryW("\\\\?\\C:\\Temp\\..." some long name but the function fails with error 123. What could be the problem. I am working on Windows 2000. Regards Jakir Would it hurt to tell us what error 123 means? (I looked it up and it says the fllename syntax is illegal). Give your code snippet below, I'm not surprised. Take a look at CreateDirectoryW. What is its argument type? A Unicode string. So you should supply a Unic...

Restoring a public address book from a backup
I was wondering what is the best way to restore a public address book from a backup. I am running exchange 5.5 what do you mean by "a public address book"? do you mean a contacts folder that was in the public folders? if so, see this...you'll need to restore your public database to a recovery server: http://www.microsoft.com/Exchange/techinfo/administration/55/BackupRestore.a sp <jason.keefer@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1124137472.588440.29300@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > I was wondering what is the best way to restore a public address book > from a ba...

Users failing to log in to Exchange on some PCs but not others.
Last week a number of laptop users reported that whenever they run Outlook 2002 to access exchange they are being prompted with a login dialogue. As they are already authorised network users this should not be happening. I took the most important users laptop and checked the settings to find everything was OK. I started a test profile and tried to set up the user there. Same problem. I went to another PC and set up a new profile and accessed exchange immediately. Back at the laptop, I reinstalled the Outlook Suite, The Network components and anything else I could think may be at fault, but sti...

Operation Failed error
When I attempt to send a worksheet via email (Outlook 2000) I get "Operation Failed" error. Any ideas? ...

Report Load Failed
when i deploy my project, crystel report have an error "report load failed".This project made in C# desktop application 2008. In solution, there is no error beacuse the crystel report path work well in solution but no well in deployment. ...

FAiled instalation of Exchange 2003
I have just arrived on site and found some one has tried to install exchange 2003 in the domain and then just deleted all the objects before they left. This is now causing great problems, as I have reinstalled exchange 2003 but it, believes that there is a virtual site "old server name” and I can not get rid of it. Every time I create a mail box it does not appear anywhere. Could anyone point me at an article that shows you how to undo all forest and domain preps from your AD so that I may redeploy this server in a working state? I have removed my new server by running the remoevor...

Backup
In Money I need to backup on G drive my recoredable drive but money only sees A drive which is to slow and needs 4 to 6 floppy disks and E drive which is the memory stick can Anybody help me resolve this issue? Thanks John In microsoft.public.money, John wrote: >In Money I need to backup on G drive my recoredable drive >but money only sees A drive which is to slow and needs 4 >to 6 floppy disks and E drive which is the memory stick >can Anybody help me resolve this issue? See FAQ available at http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/ for information. ...

Excel fails to save properly
I have a daily exercise in which I copy a web-based datagrid and paste it into an Excel workbook. It's typically up to 6,000 rows +/- and 15 columns wide. It takes a while to paste. After that I block format remove text-wrap and adjust row height and column widths to fit, change the worksheet tab to a description name, then attempt to SAVE AS "XXXX_YYYY-MM-DD.XLS". At this point the worksheet usually becomes unresponsive but not always. If I close Excel and then reopen it, the recovered file can eventually be repaired and saved. Is this a known problem? I suspect th...

stretchdibits fails
This is my function that I wrote to extract AVI frames from AVI file. Actually I wanted to get avi frames into DIB format, converter it DDB and then save it to a file, This is a function that I write to do so, Here SetDIBits function returns O (Error), I don't know what am I doing wrong, Could anyone please tell where I am wrong. BOOL CAviFile::ExtractAVIFrames(CString szFileName) { AVIFileInit(); PAVIFILE avi; int res = AVIFileOpen(&avi, szFileName, OF_READ, NULL); if (res!=AVIERR_OK) { //an error occures if (avi != NULL) AVIFileRelea...

Microsoft CRM 1.2 database expert failed
This message comes from the Microsoft CRM Server Setup. The crm30svrsetup.log has error - 14:36:41| Error| Check ExportXmlValidator : Failure: Microsoft CRM 1.2 database export failed. When you press help I get a "Mal-formed XML found in Microsoft CRM 1.2 Exported Saved Queries" which explains nothing! This is supprising because we have made of making minimal change to CRM 1.2. Somebody else must have a similar erro! Thanks!!r -- Bob H I'm also getting this error. I'm calling Microsoft right now. We have made very minimal customizations. email me at dkuhlman@etec...

MFC/MDI App fails with "An invalid argument was encountered." on click File menu item.
A message is popping up "An invalid argument was encountered." when the user clicks on the File menu item. I have an MDI app and it appears that the message occurs before any document is selected. When a document file has been opened, the message also pops up, again when the File menu is clicked. The file menu itself never opens. I found the place in VS .NET 2005 that is producing the message: - afxres.rc with the line: AFX_IDS_INVALID_ARG_EXCEPTION "An invalid argument was encountered." The code that uses this seems to be in except.cpp as: IMPLEMENT_DYNAMIC(CInv...

ExMerge fails ?
Not sure what is making Exmerge fail. From an Win2003+Exch2003 Sp1 Server Tools, I download the latest Exchmerge from microsoft.com. I place the all extracted Exchmerge files under \Exchsrv\Bin Then I launch Exmerge accordingly. I am getting an error message when opening the Mailbox Store. I am logged on as Domain Admins+Exchange Full Admin permissions. The information stores are running OK. Any idea what's wrong ? I tried this on multiple functional mailboxes and I keep getting the same error... [10:38:19] Found 1604 mailbox(es) homed on database 'FIRST STORAGE GROUP/MAILBOX STO...

Outlook 2002 and IMAP: Fails to stay connected to IMAP server
Good day, everyone! I'm using Outlook 2002 and Gmail's IMAP service. I'm trying to figure out where the fault lies with my issue. My issue is that Outlook will lose connection to Gmail's IMAP service after a period of inactivity, which prevents me from knowing when I receive new email during this loss of connection. I have to enable a POP3 check to indicate I have mail in case the connection has failed. I have this incoming mail then automatically deleted. Has anyone had this problem? Is this an issue with Outlook or Gmail's IMAP service or just the nature of t...

Restore problem
I needed to recover C and D drives from two week old Drive Image files from the secondary HD ... had back ups to many programs on drives E&F ... operating system on C, program files on D: e.g. D:\Program Files\Microsoft Money. Everyone recovered and updated fine except MS Money 2003. Win2000 Pro system. After restoring the file from E:\backup\Money .. the files and program looks great ... but will no longer allow me to enter a transaction.... comes back, "This transaction can not be entered." Tried to create a new file (new name) and restore to it ...now system says it can not...

dsquery failed:The logon attempt failed
Hello, I'm running Windows 2008 Server domain functional level 2008. When I run the dsquery command "dsquery user -u example@domain.com" I get the error message "dsquery failed:The logon attempt failed". Other dsquery commands work fine including "dsquery user -name Example*" and "dsquery user ou=example,dc=domain,dc=com". Any ideas on why I would get the 'dsquery failed:The logon attempt failed' message and how I can fix it? Thank you. -- David dach3 wrote: > Hello, I'm running Windows 2008 Server domain functional ...

Exchange services fail to start
On my Exchange 2003 server when the server reboots the following services fail to start:- MS Exchange System Attendant MS Exchange Information Store MS Exchange MTA Stacks If I wait for about 2-3 minutes I can start the services ok. Is there any known issues and fixes for this and does anyone no of a way to delay the startup of these services? Thanks in advance, Kevin What errors do you see in the Application Log via Event Viewer? -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Kevin Howell" <kevin.howell@nospampleasedatamonline.co.uk...

Backup Exec 9
I am trying to backup an Exchange 2003 Server to a remote server running BE9. I have installed Remote Agent and Exchange agent on the BE9 box and I can connect to the Exchange server and pick up the drives, but as soon as I try and pick up the Mailbox or PF stores, the server asks me for a password, My domain admin credentials don't work - I get access denied. Any thoughts? Regards Mark Mark Scott wrote: > I am trying to backup an Exchange 2003 Server to a remote server running > BE9. I have installed Remote Agent and Exchange agent on the BE9 box and I > can co...

veritas backup exch 5.5
Hi People, I have a win2k DC running Exch 5.5 and backup exec 9. My question is do I need to backup both 'MIcrosoft Information store' and 'Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes' so that I will be able to do an effective exchange restore in the future or can I just get away with backup up the 'Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes' only? My backup tape is getting full so am trying to limit the size of my backup job. Any help appreciated. thanks No. You shouldn't ever need to backup the individual mailboxes (Bricklevel Backup = BAD). Just backup the Information Store, and you...