extra money file

By accident I've started 4 differnet Money 2004 files.
One for me, one for my wife, one for the two of us, and a
duplicate for myself.
Now when I click on the desktop to start, it tires to
open different files.
How can I delete the unwanted files from EVERYTHING, so I
only have those files I want?
tks
Paul
0
anonymous (74721)
1/6/2004 10:44:28 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Paul wrote:

>By accident I've started 4 differnet Money 2004 files.
>One for me, one for my wife, one for the two of us, and a
>duplicate for myself.
>Now when I click on the desktop to start, it tires to
>open different files.
>How can I delete the unwanted files from EVERYTHING, so I
>only have those files I want?

You can use Windows Explorer to delete files. One way to open
Windows Explorer is <windowsKey>+E.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
1/6/2004 10:48:19 PM
not sure how it helps.
I don't see the different files.
I can find them in the folders where they are, but I
can't delete them.
When I open a file I do want, I go to file and down the
bottom I see the 4 different files, but can't delte them.
0
anonymous (74721)
1/6/2004 11:11:10 PM
In microsoft.public.money, <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>not sure how it helps.
>I don't see the different files.
>I can find them in the folders where they are, but I
>can't delete them.

In WE? What happens when you right-click the files. Is delete an
option?

>When I open a file I do want, I go to file and down the
>bottom I see the 4 different files, but can't delte them.

You can't delete those inside Money.

Don't worry about the most-recently-used list at the bottom of the
File menu. But if it really bothers you, you could delete those
entries from the registry. Oh, wait. Maybe you should just ignore
the links in the MRU list. Just delete the actual files in WE.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Duplicate Worksheets in Multiple Excel Files
People: Say that you have several different Excel FILES and you want to check for duplicate WORKSHEETS in some of the files. Are there programs which can find the duplicate worksheets and eliminate them? Anne ...

MS Money 2007 and Money for Pocket PC

How to change the row1 content of the existing excel file automically
Hi all, I have a excel file which contains with several numbers of rows and columns data. Since, I need to rename the data inside the cell A1, B1, C1,D1........... Beside, I also want to convert the content of the column of Cell AJ2 to the end of that column such as if "H", it is converted to "1". If "L", it is converted to "0" How can I do if I want to change them automatically by" one click" action? Thank you very much for your help Tlee =(AJ2="H")+0 "tlee" wrote: > Hi all, > > I have a excel file ...

Money 2005 Freezes
I've been using Money for several years (I have a big file that is three years old) but last Monday my file crashed. I was using Money as always and suddenly the screen frozed. I tried restoring backup files from last week and could not do it. Today I restored a backup file that was one month old and it worked. Theerefore, I entered all the transactions again. Once I finished I created a backup. Everything went fine until I clicked the "Home" tab; when I did that the program closed and I could not open any backup since then. I tried the repair tool but it says that the fi...

This Transaction Can Not Be Entered
I had a bunch of investment accounts as well as my checking and credit card accounts in Money. I wasn't satisfied with the information I could get from the reports so I made a copy of the Money file, opened it, closed all of the investment accounts and wanted to use it just for Checks and Credit Cards. Everytime I try to enter a transaction, whether manual or from the "Bills" feature I get the message that the transaction can not be entered. Is this because I made a copy? Thanks for the help -- Jerry In microsoft.public.money, Jerry <jyeagley3@comcast.net(donotspam)>...

corrupted excel file
I have an excel file that now seems to just be gibberish. Is there any way to revert to the original/non-corrupted information? If you can open it and it looks like gibberish, then it may well have accidentally been opened in Word and saved. If this is the case then I think you are hosed I'm afraid. Are you able to find a backup copy? If it is at work, then maybe a network backup that you are unaware of. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ---------------------------------------------...

ProbleM: when I restore a mailbox using Exmerge with a pst file, nothing is transferred.
Hi, I am practising Exmerge for a big remote site migration in a couple of weeks. One thing I dont understand is that I can backup one test mailbox fine using Exmerge (I know this works, as I have opened the mailbox pst file within outlook and everything is there), but when I perform the restore using the pst file, nothing happens. There is no error messages, and Emerge goes through the motions (though it finishes supsiciously quick), but when I open the mailbox, no emails have been restored. Although it is great that Exmerge is working for the backup part of the stage, I am disappointed it i...

Access login files
Hi I am looking for guidance, I have managed to create a log-in form for my database ( all credit to http://www.databasedev.co.uk for their examples). What I would like to do now is to ask access to keep record of who logs in and when, also this should only be visible to admin operators of my database You could use sql to add the user id, login time and date to a table when the user logs in. Allan "trawets" <stewartrsmith@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1189805424.290924.251930@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > Hi > I am looking for guidance, I have managed to creat...

Reading a file in macros
Hi, I want to read a html file and display the content of the html file in a text box in publisher. can any one tell me how to implement this. Is reading a html file possible using macros? Thanks Mohan ...

Identify excel file on taskbar
I have the system set so that the excel files show on one icon on the taskbar. Is there a way to make it show which window is active with a check or something. It is tiresome to accidentally click on the file you are in on the taskbar and then excel minimizes or a different applciation gets the focus. Thank you, Steven ...

Money 2006
Hello everyone: Is this warning from Microsoft genuine? I use MS Money06. Today when I started the program I got a warning message Dialogue Box with a title from MS Money stating that there is a serious and critical banking update for Money and asking to click on a tab to receive instructions about how to upgrade. I know that money updates are automatic and I have never before have had a situation like this. Therefore I am suspecting if this is a genuine message from MS. Has anyone seen one or has info on this? Tthanx! http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/common/networkstatus.aspx S...

Publish files at Startup
I have about 50 PC's and every time they startup Publisher, a document (or several) open automatically at startup. Some are recovered files and some are just publish files saved on the network drive. Any ideas what is going on.. Almost seems like a virus, but it's been going on since October Thanks for any help Luke ...

Whatever happened to Microsoft Money?
I am based in the UK. I have been using MS Money for more years than I care to remember, but the version I have been using for the last 6 years has been Money 2002 Personal + Business edition. I just upgraded my laptop (to run Vista Business) and thought it might be a good idea to bring all my software up to date also. Had a hunt for Money in some UK retailers, and was surprised to find absolutely nothing. Looked on Microsoft's site and, sure enough, there was Money 2008 looking wizzier than ever. So what gives? Is Money now a US-only product? If so: (a) will Money 2008 be good to work i...

Where is the workspace file stored?

can publisher 2010 import pdf files?
does the new 'beta' publisher 2010, import pdf files? I may download the beta to try, however if it does not import pdf files, it has very limited use for me & I will not bother. Publishers inability to import pdf files in the 2007 version has relegated it to 'amature' software status in my mind, as it's rivals, such as serif page plus have been able to do so for some time now. Serious desktop publishing software in the 21st century unable to work with a now de-facto standard document format is unacceptable. Feel better now? "white61" <white...

Can you FTP a file/data directly into Excel
Has anyone ever FTP a file/data directly into an Excel worksheet from FTP sever? At present I manually FTP these files when they are created and dro them onto my hard drive then i export it into Excel for processing This is becoming very time consuming as the number of files are growin in number. Regards, TD -- TDR did you try data(menu bar)-get external data-new webquery -- remove $$$ from email addresss to send email TDR <TDR.1tifat@news.excelbanter.com> wrote in message news:TDR.1tifat@news.excelbanter.com... > > Has anyone ever FTP a file/data directly into an Excel w...

Money 2002 Update
I had to reinstall Money 2002 for some unknown reason, but anyway now I cannot download quotes and updates from money with online update. I know that there was an update for 2002 a while back. I tried searching the website for this update and was only able to find one for UK, I'm in the USA. Any help? Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, Andy wrote: >I had to reinstall Money 2002 for some unknown reason, >but anyway now I cannot download quotes and updates from >money with online update. I know that there was an >update for 2002 a while back. I tried searching the...

Money 2004: Advanced search for charge amount only
Is there anyway to do an advanced search and have money 2004 exclude all the credit amounts? For example, I don't want to include credit amounts, paycheck, etc. I've tried greater than .01 or even 1.00 in hoping of thinking it would recognize a credit vs. charge amount, but it just gives me anything non-zero at that point. I guess I can exclude accounts and categories, but that a little bit of a pain each time I do this. P.S. Does newer version of Money have this feature? In microsoft.public.money, mrputtputt wrote: >Is there anyway to do an advanced search and have money 2004 e...

Insert page from other file
How can I insert a single page from another file? This is possible in PowerPoint under' Insert - Slides from Files' but there is nothing similar in Publisher. Copy and paste -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "sophie" <sophie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F40EF9A-D833-4FB7-AFAF-AC51F8753EDA@microsoft.com... > How can I insert a single page from another file? This is possible in > PowerPoint under' Insert - Slides from Files' but there is nothing similar &...

How do I look for dupliactes within the same file?
I am trying to spot possible duplicate numbers in a ver large file. Is there a formaula I could use to make sure none of these 13 digit account numbers are listed twice within the same file? If this is something you have to do regularly, Jim Cone's commercial Add-in called XLConpanion makes this job a breeze............ Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "skippy_prine" wrote: > I am trying to spot possible duplicate numbers in a ver large file. Is there > a formaula I could use to make sure none of these 13 digit account numbers > are listed twice within the same ...

Batch File in a SQL job
Does anyone know how to set up a batch file in a SQL job to log in to GP and have a macro run overnight ? We can get the macro to work outside the SQL job, but can not get the macro to run in the Enterprise Manager job. I've never tried using a SQL Job for that but Windows Scheduler works great. Can you use that instead of SQL to schedule the .bat file? MichaelJ has one good approach. I am wondering exactly what you are trying to accomplish as there are a couple of approaches. Why SQL? If MichaelJs approach does not do what you need. please give us some more details. I have...

Overwritten File...
For the first btime this morning a message poped up asking me..if I wanted to replace a file...when I said no it wouldn't let me close out. So, then I clicked yes ...and the whole file was deleted...I've tried all day to get it back...Is there somewhere else I should lokk to restore file? If anyone can help...you would had made my whole year... You should have saved it as something else if you were unsure, giving yourself time to research. Once you said "Yes", you saved over whatever file youused to have with that name. The file that got saved over is not coming back...

Outlook 2k-repairing program files
I corrupted Office by accidently loading part of a Office 97 disc over Office 2000 SBE. Tried all the fixes at Knowledge Base plus the repair feature on my original discs but cannot keep Outlook booted up for more than 45 seconds before it crashes. Does anyone know if I can reload Outlook off my original discs and still keep my email or will re-loading erase it? This machine has 2 mos of email that I didn't back up properly and now need. Thx, George You can reinstall the application within no worry that it removes your pst-file (just like it doesn't remove all your Word, Exc...

Issues with "Files being Lock"
I really can not figure this one out. I did some maintenance and now, some users can not "delete, rename" files. it states, file being used by another person or program. The Server is Windows 2003 Sp2, Patch list is below. I remember checking the list for any problems, there was none. The server Has virus scan Mcafee 8i patch 16 with the lastest Dats. The Clients are running Fat32 ,XPsp2 ,and the server is NTFS. My boss is thinking "patch" issue or virus. I am freaking out. Help would be nice. thanks koz patch list: REM MS07-017 %PATHTOFIXES%\windowsser...

change my drag and drop default file name
Is it possible to change the format of the default file name for a .msg file, so that while using the drag and drop, I can instead have the files be named Date_Sender.msg instead. It sure would be nice to avoid all the duplicate file names when trying to save out a discussion where all files have identical Subject lines.... Thanks much ...