Explorer opens Microsoft Money 2002 installation

When I do just about anything on my computer (WinXP), it
attempts to install MS Money 2002.  It says to insert the
CD.  Just opening 'My Computer', or anything explorer
related will result with "Please Insert the Money 2002
CD".  I dont have the CD. MS Money is installed, I think
it came with the computer.  If I try to uninstall Money,
it says to insert the CD.  Ive looked at the CD bundle
that came with the computer, but cannot find Money

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Dave
0
gilmore27 (1)
8/18/2004 2:11:46 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

If Money came with the machine, you might need to contact your supplier and
ask them to provide the software (or at least tell you which disk it is on
from the bundle)...

--
Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money

or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially
if it's a UK specific wish.

"Davie Gilmore" <gilmore27@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> When I do just about anything on my computer (WinXP), it
> attempts to install MS Money 2002.  It says to insert the
> CD.  Just opening 'My Computer', or anything explorer
> related will result with "Please Insert the Money 2002
> CD".  I dont have the CD. MS Money is installed, I think
> it came with the computer.  If I try to uninstall Money,
> it says to insert the CD.  Ive looked at the CD bundle
> that came with the computer, but cannot find Money
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Thank you,
> Dave

0
glyn1 (1534)

Whenever I try to launch Firefox, Internet Explorer 8 Opens First
Hi All, If I click the Firefox in the start menu or browse to it in Program Files (x86) in Windows Explorer, IE launches first, asks me to set it as default (no thanks, I clicked firefox for a reason!) and then launches Firefox. If I run firefox.exe from an administrator command prompt, it opens correctly. I previously had Live Essentials installed, so perhaps this is an issue with Choice Guard and not IE? I also tried reinstalling Firefox to no avail. Anyone have an idea how I can fix this rather annoying issue? I don't think it's a problem with Firefox itself......

Money 2007 portfolio problem with showing totals for stocks.
I upgraded from MSMoney 2005 to 2007. All appear to have gone well except I can't get my portfolio to show me any totals. It just shows me Symbol, Chart, Name, Last Price and Change. It won't show me Market value, Gain, Purchases or Realized gains. I open up the stock (using plus sign) and see that all of my buy/sell transactions are still there. HELP! NOTE: these stocks were showing fine in MSM 2005 and were transferred during the install into MSM2007. In microsoft.public.money, wurth51 wrote: >I upgraded from MSMoney 2005 to 2007. All appear to have gone well except I...

Strange problem in Microsoft Office 2003 PLEASE HELP!
Hello, When I installed the new Office 2003, I had no problems with Outlook 2003. I received and send mails whenever I want. A few days later, I get a message from outlook that Outlook could not make a connection with the server of my provider to get my mail on my computerb (I didn't change any settings!). I checked all my settings and there are good (I checked the mailserversettings, ports, etc) but the result is still the same: Outlook cannot make a connection with the mailserver. After that, I called my provider to ask them what to do. They told me that I must remove all the...

Annoying Outlook 2002 Security Dialog
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C451E2.B11E0590 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable After applying a recent update to Office, I found that every time I = compose a new message using Word as my editor, Outlook complains that, = 'A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in = Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a = virus and you should choose "No".' This also happens when I identify a = message as being or not bei...

Cannot install Money Plus
I have Money 2002 and uninstalled it. Wanted to upgrade to a new version of Money. Tried to install Money Plus Deluxe (trial version) and keep getting error Setup was unable to install some of the components needed to run Money. Try installing Money again. Its HP M9300t Vista Home Premium system. I tried the software on my XP computer and it work fine. So there must be a problem with Vista. Any help would be appreciated. I am having the same problem, but mine is in XP. I need a resolution quickly, because having had to uninstall Money 2003, I am now left without any checkbook regist...

Need Excel for download. Have xp, Can I install , use 2000Office
If your question is, where can you download Excel, I don't believe you can. To double check that, go to the Microsoft web site and see. www.microsoft.com On Mon, 9 May 2005 07:16:12 -0700, "franply" <franply@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Money and the gov TSP
Has anyone figured out an easy way to import data from the U.S. Government TSP retirement plan? Maybe a cut and past into Excel and then import into Money. It also be great if there were a daily download of the value of each share. I've been using the TSP "cut" and "paste" (from quarterly statements mailed to us) for years. Getting the government to do something like daily download is about the best joke I've heard in years. They just wasted multi-millions of dollars in the new system that is another joke. Frank (Retired) "Robert Futscher" <rfut...

Open Excel using VBA
Hi all, Can somebody please provide me with the VBA code that opens a new Excel Application and not Excel Workbook. I.e. I need two instances of Excel running - 1 that contains the code to open the second instance. THANKING YOU ALL -- moglione1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ moglione1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26414 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=480809 I'm not sure why you want another instance of excel, but... Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim...

Money 2004 #68
Is there a way to add columns to a report, when the desired column is NOT one of the listed choices in the customize area of a report? No. "merriv" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2dda501c46a9b$8057cf50$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to add columns to a report, when the > desired column is NOT one of the listed choices in the > customize area of a report? In microsoft.public.money, merriv wrote: >Is there a way to add columns to a report, when the >desired column is NOT one of the listed choices in the >customize are...

excel opens but not the document
i have a problem with excel 2003 - when i click on an excel document excel opens but does not load the document - i have to go to file >> open to open the document any idea's would be appreciated Sometimes one of these works when you're having trouble with double clicking on the file in windows explorer: Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it) --- or --- Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then Windows Start Button|Run excel /regserver The /unregserver & /regserver stuff resets the windows registry to excel's fa...

Opening Files
Help Needed. I had developed a macro that was used by myself, however now the macro needs to be utilised by others. The marco opens files, that have been exported from the corporate database. The files are saved automatically to the users C Drive eg. C:\Documents and Settings\"username – officer logged on"\help.xls The only difference is the username in the file path. Is there anyway that I can change the file path to automatically go to the correct location and file, without having to create a different macro for each user. Any help would be greatly appreci...

Outlook 2002 Won't close #3
Outlook.exe stays running in my processes when I close the window, and a new one is added every time I close the window and open up a new one. My outlook is also operating very sluggishly now, with the preview panes taking a long time to appear. I've tried disabling my AV, and I've uninstalled my IM. Any other suggestions? ...

Can't open up Outlook messages
The Microsoft Outlook screen will appear. When I click on the messages they will not open up. I get a message that Outlook Not Responding. Not sure if a connection problem (Using Road Runner), a server problem or a computer problem. Any advice will be appreciated. I have Windows XP Home Edition installed. Thanks. ...

Microsoft RMS and integration to Peachtree Accounting
I am trying to find any information on what is sent over with the batch information from RMS to Peachtree. Can you provide this information? The client is specifically asking if Time Clock information is sent over with the batch information. Thanks! Andrea Only general journal information is sent over to Peachtree and I wouldn't call this an integration as it is an exporting of the closed batches into a CSV file. You can test this by setting in Store Ops Manager --> File menu --> Configuration --> Accounting tab the accounting software to Peachtree 3.0 or higher then Po...

Citrix install causes desktop client not to function
We have a client who is using CRM 4.0 with the Outlook Client. The users work on the domain while in the office but they have laptops hence they go home and log in via Citrix to access their e-mail and CRM. The users have been using CRM while connected to the domain at the office for almost a week. When they log in via Citrix for the first time they have to configure the Outlook client again under their Citrix Outlook – which we expected – the configuration worked and they were able to access CRM successfully in Outlook via Citrix. When they go back into the office and connect over th...

Installing Business Portal
I'm trying to install business portal and I get this error: "sharepoint or office server must be set up with a configuration database before installing business portal" eventhough I already have sharepoint server running. Any ideas? BP requires Windows Sharepoint Services 3.0 to be inplace to work, You may have 2.0 installed Cheers -- Mark Christie Dynamics & CRM Deployer "DIEGOCRO" wrote: > I'm trying to install business portal and I get this error: > > "sharepoint or office server must be set up with a configuration database > befo...

SAP Installation
SAP INSTALLATION We are based in UK and are providing services and ways for Self Learning in SAP We provide installation service for any type of following SAP IDES System in your stand alone home Laptop & Desktop and external USB Hard discs like SAP R\3 4.7 EE, SAP ECC 5.0, SAP ECC 6.0 SAP CRM 5.0, SCM 5.0, SAP SRM 5.0, SAP BI 7.0, SAP SEM 6.0, SAP BW 3.1, SAP BW 3.5, IS- Utilities IS- Retail IS- Oil IS- Media IS- Healthcare SAP Netweaver with EP 7.0, Development framework, with all the modules. We can also service in building these systems as SAP vMWare virtual machines so as you may ...

Password to open excel file
How a password is set in excel sheet. When double click an excel file, first of all you see protected and a window appeared, asking for password to open that excel file. I want to know how is that possible or how to make such password without that one even can't open the file. Suresh =46ile>Save As>Tools>General Options =46ollow your nose from there. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 30 May 2010 12:26:25 +0530, "Suresh Lohar" = <suresh.lohar@gmail.com> wrote: >How a password is set in excel sheet. When double click an exce...

Money 2003 FS
Hi, I am using MS Money 2003 Financial Suite and hd a problem with it failing to get online price updates for my UK funds, stock proces were okay. However MS Money has suddenly started to resume updating the fund prices whenever I ask it to. This is great but I am wondering if I need to get a newer version of MS Money before it ceases production or should I switch over to Quicken. My main use of MS Money is to track savings and investments (UK Funds). Advice welcomed, Thanks, Mickey There isn't a newer version that won't have similar problems. The latest UK v...

Money #34
http://greenhorse.com/join_now.ghc?r=14714036 ...

Unable to open default email folder . Exchange 2003 , Outlook 2003
Hey all , I am experiencing a very weird issue at the moment and i am getting really worried that it will speard all over our domain. Last weekend we installed SP1 on Exchange 2003 and since we noticed this issue: I had one user on Tuesday that was trying to connect to the Exchange server (we use cached mode) and once he entered his username and password Outlook tried to connect 3 times and then straight away it says Disconnected. I log in as him and I then tick and untick on Work Offline so Outlook can try to connect but after 3 tries the same Disconnected status is reported. If i c...

Installation Error 02-09-10
Could you help me install the product? I have tried your support site, and there is no information on the error message I get. Each time I try to install, I get the following message: Error 25221 Failed to set descriptor or object ose, system error: 2147023446 I am using Windows XP Professional Hi, jhfrank, Could you post back with which Office product(s) you are trying to install? -- Susan Ramlet -- please reply to the newsgroup so all may benefit. "jhfrank" <jhfrank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3771429C-461A-43D1-BDFD-9...

MS Money for Mac OSX
Is there a MS Money version for Mac OSX? If not, any plans for it? Thanks. -Juan Sorry but no to both questions. MS have enough trouble trying to make money producing Money for the Windows platform. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "Juan C. Reyes" <jcrey...

Unable to open viewmail message
I am trying to install a view mail option where users can listen to their voice mail in outlook 2000. We have installed it on 20+ pc's so far but we are having problems on one. The installation runs fine but we are unable to open the message. It opens as a rich-text document when it suppose to open as a voice message. Any steps I should take to fix this problem? ...

track a users email activity like what they opened and when?
I am looking to try and find out of a user was using their email during a specific time frame and if so, what they were opening and looking at. While my first instinct says this type of information is not stored by exchange I wanted to ask and make sure. I am really looking for which emails they viewed for a certain day. This is Exchange 6.5 Thanks ...