Error in :"Transfers out of Budget Accounts"

I know this is a popular theme here in this newsgroup but i'll throw it out
there anyways...

My issue is in the budget. I was able to get it to count all of my transfers
under a special "Transfers to Know for Budget" category. I have placed all my
savings goals and etc here that were not being captured by the "Transfers out
of budget accounts" line item in my budget.

The actual probelm is that when I view the annual/monthly budget in reports
view it counts my stock/mutual fund purchases under this "transfers out of
budget accounts" category. Does anyone know of a way to not include
"Transfers out of budget accounts" in my budget?
0
shaunx4 (13)
10/29/2004 10:19:01 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Transfers out of budget accounts #2
In my Bills & Deposits list, I include a monthly deposit into a college savings fund: this is done as a direct deposit from my checking account. If I understand the "Accounting 101" concepts, this isn't an expense, because it's just moving a chunk of my money from one account to another. But it shows up in my Budget Planner under "Transfers out of Budget Accounts." Additionally, last month I repaid a chunk of money from my checking account to another savings account--this showed up as an unbudgeted expense on my Budget Planner under "Transfers out...

Budget: Transfers Out of Budget Accounts (401k)
I have an automatic deduction from my payroll to my 401K, and am tracking Gross Amount Payroll salary postings. In my budget however, the 401K shows as a tranfer out to another account and I cannot figure out how to actually account for this through the savings portion of the budget or match it as a regular transfer out that is expected. Savings in the budget = Income + transfer in - expenses - transfer out - debt service. You may be able to setup the 401k cash account as in budget--but I wouldn't do it. "LICMNY05" <LICMNY05@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

[...]

can not get these to go away. i have marked all my credit cards as part of my budget. i itemize each expense. i categorize the payment using the credit card payment. the amounts do not seem directly linked to payments, but they might be. i just cannot figure out why they would. i need to get rid of the 'transfers out of budget' entries so i can get a real budget number to track spending against. Capitalization would make your post much easier to read. Do you have a 401k that gets transfers from a paycheck? Any other periodic investments? Either of these could be the sou...

Transfers Out Of Budget Accounts, Clear budgeted $'s
I removed the receiving savings account from the budget and I'm able to have a monthly transfer show in the budget. Works great but the problem is that I played with this for a while and now the (untouchable) budgeted figure that Money 2007 generates says that I have $2,000 (+/-) more then I really do. The budgeted figures for Jan, Feb, and Mar are messed up. How do I correct these figures to demonstrate the true values, or do I just live with it all and swim in my own stew? Thanks in advance, Ed As I look at this I see that all of the expenses and transfers entered through "...