embedded database

We are developing software applications for Insurance agents that will
reside on their laptops and desktops.

We are looking for recommendation on which client side embedded database to
use in our application.

I was wondering if anyone knows what Intuit uses in their product or what
Microsoft uses for MS Money.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Paul

0
pkgupta (1)
5/17/2004 6:09:26 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Money uses MSISAM. Little is known about this--it apparently is a closed-up
version of the Jet database used by MS Access.

In article <eBVVKuEPEHA.2876@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>,
littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com says...
> Money uses MSISAM. Little is known about this--it apparently is a closed-up
> version of the Jet database used by MS Access.

Is there a program or utility "out there" that will open the *.mny file
beside money itself then?  If so, what & where is it?
Try http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=10 and
http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=9.

"jankin" <chagin_one@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> In article <eBVVKuEPEHA.2876@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>,
> littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com says...
> > Money uses MSISAM. Little is known about this--it apparently is a
closed-up
> > version of the Jet database used by MS Access.
>
> Is there a program or utility "out there" that will open the *.mny file
> beside money itself then?  If so, what & where is it?

Access database life
Hi, Three days ago,I've designed an access-based application that's used by around 40 users,around 1000 rows are entered per day by users,I'm just worried abut the life of this database,is it true that Access has a maximum number of recorods and that after this number the database will be corrupted ?,I've deset all forms to lock the records that are edited by another user to avoid any conflict,what else should i do to protect my dataqbase from being corrupted...please advise I'm very worried. Thanx Take a look at http://www.databasedev.co.uk/access_specifications....

Extracting embedded photos
Not sure this is a conversion issue, but don't know where to post it. Before I learned the hard way, I embedded photos in a database, linked to another database for display. I've reached the database size limit and realize I should have linked the photos instead. (original photos not available) Any ideas on a process to run thru the embedded photos and convert them back to original jpg - the manual process is too massive an effort. Thanks See http://www.lebans.com/oletodisk.htm On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 19:18:01 -0700, bigitch <bigitch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Not ...

embedded database
We are developing software applications for Insurance agents that will reside on their laptops and desktops. We are looking for recommendation on which client side embedded database to use in our application. I was wondering if anyone knows what Intuit uses in their product or what Microsoft uses for MS Money. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Paul Money uses MSISAM. Little is known about this--it apparently is a closed-up version of the Jet database used by MS Access. "P Gupta" <pkgupta@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:qd7qc.318$eQ3.177@newss...

embedded manifest
How can modify the embedded manifet for MFC Standard DLL and MFC Application to set: <requestedExecutionLevel level="asInvoker|highestAvailable|requireAdministrator" uiAccess="true|false"/> Hi Don ...

Generating a list of queries in the database.
I want a list of all the queries in an Access 97 database. Is there anyway of listing the names of all the queries? ...

Why is it that the photos I insert are Embedded?
I used to be able to "Insert Picture From File" and actually see my photo. Now when I perform the same action I can resize my photo but but I cannot see it!? The Graphics Manager Task pane show all my inserts (photos & clip art alike) are embedded. I do not want them embedded. How can I stop them from being embedded?....I don't know why this is happening, it never used to...could some update have caused this? I use Publisher 3003. THANKS FOR ANY HELP IN THIS MATTER! Teresa K wrote: > I used to be able to "Insert Picture From File" and actually see my ...

Embedding a CRichEditView in a CDialogBar
Anyone ever done this successfully before. I create the dialog with a richeditview using the resource editor VC6 and VC2003. Program compiles and links okay, program exits when it fails to create the dialog bar. Regards, Josh I think you need to call AfxInitRichEdit/AfxInitRichEdit2. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Josh Washington" <joshwashington@bigpond.com> wrote in message news:c8ZVb.49861$Wa.16696@news-server.bigpond.net.au... | Anyone ever done this successfully before. | I create the dialog with a richeditview using the resource editor VC6 and | V...

Database Size difference after execution
I have recently converted an Access 97 application to Access 2002, simply put all the application does is read in a datafile, run calculations, and output a new datafile. What I have noticed in testing the conversion is that at the end of the execution the Access 2002 database is nearly 3 times the size of the Access 97 database running the same execution. Once a manual compact is done the Access 2002 database is much smaller however during execution is is exceeding 2GB in size depending on the input file compared to 800MB with the Access 97 version. My question is if anyone has a...

Embeded Links
I have embedded links in some files, but there are no names in the worksheet or formulas which are linked to other workbooks. Does anyone have a method of deleting these 'ghost' links. Hi try the following add-in to find/delete links: http://www.bmsltd.ie/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink.zip -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Brian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0beb01c46e83$c3cc8c30$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have embedded links in some files, but there are no > names in the worksheet or formulas which are linked to...

Embedding
Why wont Times New Roman embed when I send publisher file to Distiller even tho it tells me the it is embedded when I check on the tools, commericial printing tools, fonts. Phillipa Bloom <pbloom@blooms.demon.co.uk> was very recently heard to utter: > Why wont Times New Roman embed when I send publisher file to Distiller > even tho it tells me the it is embedded when I check on the tools, > commericial printing tools, fonts. Tools > Commercial Print Tools > Fonts tells you whether a font is embedded in the Publisher document. To adjust the embedding settings for Distil...

Embedding and Printing Excel into Word
I have a need to print an Excel file in landscape (multiple pages) but have a header/footer along the 8.5" edge of the page. I've been doing this in a two step process. First I would create and print the header/footer in Word in portrait layout, print in reverse order, load printer sheets into the printer feed tray and then print the Excel file in landscape between the header/footer. Not only does this take aditional time but the toner has a tendacy of smudging on some of the printed pages. Does anyone have an idea on a better method? ...

How do I size an embedded Excel OLE and keep it that way in Word
I copy and paste special an Excel worksheet with multiple tabs into word on a sheet. I size the Excel sheet while it is open in Excel and then double click outside it to close it. Everything looks good. I do this on three consecutive sheets. When I go back to one of them and double click to make a change in the Excel sheet it opens way larger than it was and causes it to advance onto another sheet. I have to resize it but they just don't stay sized when re-opening. How do I fix this? When you paste special - try choosing the bitmap object and check the link box. You ca...

Cannot connect to database
Hello, A friend of mine recently purchased a store and it came with and RMS setup already running. He asked me to look into this system and I cannot get one of the computers to connect to the SQL server using Store Ops. The server is runnig on Register1, I can access it from Register2 on store Ops, but the Backroom computer will not allow the connection. All comuter are running XP SP3. any ideas would be helpfull. Thanks. Ruckster, This could be a number of issues, and unfortunatly this is not enough information. This could be firewall, network setup, Windows security or SQ...

Newbie in creating a database
I am a newbie in terms of database applications, I admire the powerful features of it but i am not well versed with the computer languages/terminologies being used here just trying my best to cope up with it. I have just created a personal database, made a few tables and a form but have problems with the reports. Its just that I would want the text alignment in my text box to have a justified alignment. I tried downloading one of Mr Lebans recommendations and but sad to say that I am having a hard time understanding anything stated in there. I would like to ask for help, if there is anyo...

Embedding
I'm using word 2007. I have a word document that I need to embed another word document in to. Is this possible? Thanks, Burt Click Insert tab | Object. In the Object dialog box, click the Create from File tab. Use the Browse button to locate the file that you want to embed. Select the file and then click the Insert button. In the Object dialog box, if you want to link the inserted file, be sure to select "Link to file" before clicking OK. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via msnews.microsoft.com) "Burt" <Burt@discussions.mi...

Using tempdb as a users default database
Hi, I would like to ask what people think of using Tembdb as a users default database. I ask this because, when the instance is re-started tempdb is recreated and any user accounts in there are lost, however, i beleive, that any user gets access to tempdb and master by default. The reason I make all my users have tempdb as their default database is that I used to set it to master (or some other database) and often they would simply log in with SSMS and run create scripts straight away and the the wrong database would have all the wrong objects - you should see some of the mast...

Object Linking & embedding error
An .xls attachment give the 'cannot use object linking & embedding error' The file fails to open and appears on screen for just a second. Any ideas! where the problem is! Sunil I' ve run into the same error, and am to the point that its time to throw this piece out the window. Has a solution for this problem been found? OS. win 2000 pro. PG. Office 2000 error. cannot open object linking and enbedding. I had the same error on another PC and was able to re-install the pg. and it stopped. Go figure.... ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted...

Embedded SP
I have a stored procedure (SQL 2008) that contains a single transaction. Can I have an EXEC of a SP inside the transaction and still maintain the integrity? For example BEGIN TRAN T1; INSERT .... UPDATE ... EXEC mc_mysp ... INSERT ... UPDATE ... COMMIT TRAN T1; Thanks. -- David On Aug 14, 8:40=A0am, DavidC <dlch...@lifetimeinc.com> wrote: > I have a stored procedure (SQL 2008) that contains a single transaction. = Can > I have an EXEC of a SP inside the transaction and still maintain the > integrity? =A0For example > > BEGIN TRAN T1; > ...

CRM 3.0 reinstall problem: mismatch between the specified database
Uninstall CRM 3.0 and then using the same crm datebase reinstall CRM 3.0, error msg: "Setup detected a version mismatch between the specified database and the current product." that's unbelievable!!! the license key is same, why CRM gave me this error msg on the System Requirements checks? Please help! I encountered the same issue, inorder to resolve this I had to go into the 'Company_Name'_MSCRM database on the SQL server, open the tables, and open the BuildVersion table. I then changed the "Revision" from 0 to 106. The installation was then able to...

embedding and displaying an image in CSV created spreadsheet?
We have a process on our server which creates a CSV that gets e-mailed to a recipient who then opens it in MS Excel. We're using PHP to write the CSV, but that's not important. Is there some way to put into the CSV some instruction that will cause Excel to display the image in the open spreadsheet? Of course there're all kinds of ways of inserting and embedding images in a spreadsheet using Excel from the get-go...but every method I try, I save as a CSV and open in notepad, and the package or embedding code isn't there. The closest I've come is putting a hyperlink to an ...

new tables showing up in MSCRM Database
Hi, Recently I've noticed quite a few new tables showing up within the MSCRM database, all starting with SyncEntry_ and ending in unique keys. I have a feeling that this has something to do with clients going online/offline but the number of tables just keep increasing. Should I drop all of those tables? There's no documentation about these tables, so you shouldn't drop them. I think they are used to perform incremental synchronizations, so I expect that dropping them will cause problems for your offline users when synchronizing the next time. Maybe someone from Micros...

Conditional Formatting
In general I was wondering if conditional formatting has any detrimental impact on database performance. Is this something I should use to highlight particular exceptions or data that falls outside the bounds of a certain range or is there something else that will work better? Terrence, Use Conditional Formatting quite frequently and have never noticed any slow down. The only issue has ever been been if you want more than three conditions then you'll have to use VBA to *simulate* the built in functionality. -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) "I fee...

shrink the CRM database
We have CRM 3.0 installed on SQL Server 2005 SP1. The CRM db is already 250MB big and the Metabase is 12MB. Is there a way to shrink the CRM database? Regards That doesn't strike as excessively big. Most of our customers' CRM databases are into the GBs in size. The only way to significantly reduce the database size is to delete data; the best candidate is to remove large attachments. These could be either Email attachments, or files attached to Notes. You can use advanced find to find either emails with large Email attachments, or Notes with large files, based on the File ...

EMBEDDING
How do I embed a word doc into another word doc? Thanks See the response(s) in your previous, identical thread. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via msnews.microsoft.com) "Burt" <Burt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8FAACBC-6395-41FC-A7ED-CF263CF7BFEA@microsoft.com... > How do I embed a word doc into another word doc? Thanks ...

unable to create databases during the installation! Pl. Help
Hi! I have done a total fresh installation of ms-crm and loaded exchange as well as sql server but still during the installation of my crm server is gives a message: " Setup unable to create the MS-CRM databases. failed to run script:00 - create mscrm.sql. HRESULT:80040E14. unknown error. Pl. help Hi Kamal, Make sure that you register your SQL Server as your computer name, not as (local) before you install Microsoft CRM Regards, Frans Cahyadi CRM Product Manager Puspa Intimedia Internusa, PT. Phone: +62-21 526-0755 Fax: +62-21 526-0790 "Kamal Vahi" <KamalVahi@discuss...