Duplicate transactions & Old Data

I recently upgraded Money 2004 to 2005, Premium.  A whole
series have issues have developed since this upgrade.
First, when downloading checking transactions from Bank of
America into the register, no downloaded transaction match
against manually entered items.  Thus, duplication
transactions are created.  I must delete all of the
downloaded transactions to get the correct bank balance.
Second, investment balances downloaded from T. Rowe Price
are correct.  However, Money again is not able to identify
individual transactions.  Rather, Money says I need to
adjust the number of shares owned.  Yet, the register
clearly shows the correct number of shares.  On the
accounts list, the statement dates shown for T. Rowe Price
are dated sometime in 2003.
Thirdly, I have been a user of Money for several years.  I
religiously update the software annually.  This is by far
the worst upgrade I have experienced.  Money 2004 was a
far better product.  For all of the claims about new banks
and financial institutions being added, all I can see is
new headaches.  Finally, this is the most unstable version
I have worked with.  Almost daily, Money shuts down for no
apparent reason.  I certainly hope someone can provide
some solutions to these problems or better yet, Microsoft
fixes the problems.
0
anonymous (74717)
10/5/2004 2:58:53 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

"CR" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently upgraded Money 2004 to 2005, Premium.  A whole
> series have issues have developed since this upgrade.

> Second, investment balances downloaded from T. Rowe Price
> are correct.  However, Money again is not able to identify
> individual transactions.  Rather, Money says I need to
> adjust the number of shares owned.  Yet, the register
> clearly shows the correct number of shares.  On the
> accounts list, the statement dates shown for T. Rowe Price
> are dated sometime in 2003.

Have you found a solution to this?  I have the same problem, also with T.
Rowe Price.  Everytime it updates my positions it says that a statement from
April 2004 indicates an adjustment to the number of shares owned.  I'm tired
of everytime selected "I'll update it myself"

Tony

No data in my journal!
I'm new to RMS and have recently installed our first customer with RMS 2.0 So far, we have gotten everything installed working to the customers liking minus a few things here and there. One of these things is that reprinting a receipt or reprinting from the journal doesn't seem to work. It contains no data in the journal to do any kind of reprint. Is this an option i have to enable to retain receipts in the journal? Yes - you need to check mark "journal receipts from this printer" in the receipt printer tab / tabs of your register - in SO manager go to database - regi...

Duplicates

Data validation
Can data validation be set up to accept a 0( (zero) or any whole number between 25,000 and 10,000,000? Or does this have to be controlled with VBA? This needs to work with xll03 and later versions This DV formula should work fine: =AND(ISNUMBER(A2),A2>=25000,A2<=10000000) Joy? hit the YES below -- Max Singapore --- "Brad" wrote: > Can data validation be set up to accept a 0( (zero) or any whole number > between 25,000 and 10,000,000? Or does this have to be controlled with VBA? > > This needs to work with xll03 and later versions > ...

Tax details from PO to Receiving Transaction Entry
I created a Purchase Order in POP and it is including taxes, when i attempt to receive it, it does not default the tax amount previously entered in PO. why do i need to re-enter it again? Do i miss anything here? Thanks, Taxes from the PO do not carry over the Receiving Transaction - go figure . . . Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com ...

group & summarize diff rows of data that have something in common
I am trying to arrange a large amount of data (inventory) in 2 different ways. 1) Group all identical parts into one row and 2) Group all identical locations into one row. I dont know how to do this. I am dealing with over 3,000 rows. Any suggestions? Depending on your workbook layout, you may be able to use a pivot table to summarize the data. There are instructions in Excel's Help, and Jon Peltier has information and links: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm pkunAAC wrote: > I am trying to arrange a large amount of data (inventory) in 2 different &g...

Converting old ERD to new
I'm trying to edit an old Entity Relationship Diagram. It was generated with the 'Crow's Feet' template, but that's all I can tell you regarding what version of Visio it was created with. I can open the diagram in my new Visio 2002 SR1 version, but I don't see a 'Database' menu. When I open the ERS (US Units) stencil, I still don't get a 'Database' menu. I can drag an 'Entity' symbol onto the drawing, but can't edit any attributes. I can create a new ERS (US units) based drawing, and then get a 'Database' menu, and can cre...

SOP transactions not posted/posted??? #3
Hi, I have a weird sort of Error in the SOP module of Great Plains version 7 (pervasive) The smart list shows an Invoice as unposted, but when go do to the Sales Transaction entry screen and enter the invoice number, a pop up displays a message that the inovoice number is posted??? i have tried to run check links, but it shows no errors... so how can this be resolved... thanks in advance Sajid Saeed ...

Receiving duplicate emails

Transaction on Hold Query
Does anyone know how to query the database to determine the exact time when a Transaction on Hold was recalled. ------------------------------------- ##-----------------------------------------------## Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/ Tax and Accounting Software Forums Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - microsoft.public.pos - 37535 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------## ...

Duplicate, Duplicate, dupli ...

Old mail when rebooting server
When I reboot any of my clients' Exchange servers sometimes we get old mail delivered to the user. Any Ideas? ...

Can we process transactions with the evaluation version of RMS?
I created my tender types but when I try to close a sale by clicking on tender, no tender types are displayed. Is that because I am using the evaluation version of the product? Or is there anything else that can be keeping the tender types from getting displayed? Thank you! You have to run a Z-Report on each register before new tender types will be available. -- -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all c...

Easiest way of moving CRM 3 data to new server
We setup all of our CRM 3 data on an old server. Now that we are using CRM for real, we have ordered a nice new shiny box for CRM to run on. Is there an easy way to move the CRM data across from the current box to the new one? If not, its not a great problem, but would save a lot of boring jobs for someone here. Olly Check the Implementation Guide for the recovery options. You can follow those basic steps to "restore" the data to the new SQL box. Another option would be to explore the Redeployment Tool. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Oliver Marshall" <O...

How do I duplicate numbering on a raffle?
I am creating an event ticket but would like to number the tickets on both the left and right sides of the ticket. Create a data base with your numbers. Use mail merge for the tickets. You can insert a mail merge field on both sides of your ticket. When you merge have one ticket on your screen. What version Publisher are you using. Some early versions of Publisher shows all the merge items the same in print preview. This is a Publisher bug. Mail, e-mail, and catalog merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH100502901033.aspx -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Candi...

Transaction Dates
Bill Gates just can't make it easier can he? Ever since my bank upgraded their software I am having the worst time with e-pay's & x-fers thru money. Can someone help me understand why? When I submit a payment via Money the program tells me it has to change the date because it can't be processed on that day. For example; Today I requested that 3k be transfered from my savings to my checking. In the past the transfer would go thru and there was no issue. Now I get a message that says my bank doesn't have enough time to do the transfer and the date must be modified ...

How to delete "non-identical" duplicate records in an Access table
How to delete "non-identical" duplicate records in an Access Table? Where "non-identical" duplicate record means a record in the table that has slightly different datum in one of the fields, but an identical duplicate datum in the field that I am concerned with. For example: SSN MRN CLIENT NAME 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane T 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane Thompson The data of these two records in the fields SSN and MRN are identical; but "non-identical" in the CLIENT NAME field (notice...

excel graphs are locked up; no dragging or additional data entry a
my excell graphs have locked up and do not permit additional data entry or dragging. i note the file extension now has -group- next to it where it just contained file name only before today. must have hit wrong button but can't figure out what i have done. want to unlock graphs. thanks Hi, Sounds like you have select multiple worksheets, which will cause the [Group] to appear. Right click a sheet tab and choose Ungroup sheets. Cheers Andy horse.man wrote: > my excell graphs have locked up and do not permit additional data entry or > dragging. i note the file extension now ...

Duplicate ItemLookupcode
Any clues on how I could get duplicate itemlookupcodes?? I found a few of them recently. No SQL queries have been run to generate them and if I try to create a duplicate itemLookupCodes I am stopped with a message telling me to use a unique name. How could they have gotten in the database? Any clues, boos or comments appreciated. Thanks for all the help! Jamie W This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001F_01C755DB.F64982C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable As you mentioned, RMS Manager doesn't ...

Duplicates!
Why do the songs in my media player library often duplicate or tripulicate themselves, so i end up with a library three times the size it should be. I have on occassions gone through and deleted all the replicated songs, but over a period of time they seem to "grow again" filling my library again with unwanted duplicates, taking up more space and memory. Is there anyway i can stop this happening????? Thanks. What version of WMP/Windows? First, make sure that WMP isn't monitoring the same folder twice. Duplicate songs can appear when, for example, both C:\Music a...

Find duplicates in a column
Hi, I have 6000 emails addresses in a col and wish to know if there are any duplicates. How can I do this please. I have Excel 2002. rock Assuming your emails are in A1 to A6000, in B1 enter =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$6000,A1) copy down B1 all the way to B6000 Apply a conditional format of red pattern on cells B1 to B6000 where Cell is greater than 1 and all duplicates will be shown in red. "rock" wrote: > Hi, > > I have 6000 emails addresses in a col and wish to know if there are any > duplicates. > > How can I do this please. > > I have Excel 2002. > ...

duplicate emails received
I've been receiving duplicate emails. This doesn't happen with all the emails I receive, only with some of them. "Leave a copy on the server" is not checked. I don't know the reason why this happens. Can somebody help me. Thanks in advance. ...

Find and replace data in an Excel chart object
Hi, In a workbook it is possible to find and replace data in cells and formulas. Is it possible in any way to find & replace data in series in a chart object? In have charts with more than 100 series on each chart and I would like to be able to change all series on a chart using an automated routine. Thanks Cawen - I give some insights into how to do this with VBA, and include a link to a utility you can try: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChgSrsFmla.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://Pelti...