Duplicate Transactions Downloading

The last few days, duplicates have been showing up in my Schwab accounts. I
assume it must have something to do with Schwab itself, but has anyone else
experienced this phenomenon?

I do an online update, and then accept transactions. I update again
immediately (or later) and the same transactions appear as new. I have to
either match them or accept them and then go in an delete them.

Hope this doesn't keep up too much longer!

Thanks
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Submarine LDO wrote:

>The last few days, duplicates have been showing up in my Schwab accounts. I
>assume it must have something to do with Schwab itself, but has anyone else
>experienced this phenomenon?

Yes. Johnbusc posted that today at the end of the thread "MONEY Plus
Cannot update Charles Schwab Brokerage Transactions"

>I do an online update, and then accept transactions. I update again
>immediately (or later) and the same transactions appear as new. I have to
>either match them or accept them and then go in an delete them.
>
>Hope this doesn't keep up too much longer!
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
11/15/2007 4:32:31 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Submarine LDO wrote:

>The last few days, duplicates have been showing up in my Schwab accounts. I
>assume it must have something to do with Schwab itself, but has anyone else
>experienced this phenomenon?
>
>I do an online update, and then accept transactions. I update again
>immediately (or later) and the same transactions appear as new. I have to
>either match them or accept them and then go in an delete them.
>
>Hope this doesn't keep up too much longer!

To fix a problem of sometimes generating duplicate IDs, Schwab has
changed their algorithm for generating the transactions IDs (FITID).
The downside of the fix is there will be a one-time set of
duplicated transactions.

To work around this, there are two alternative ways:

1.  Either delete or Void the older of the duplicates.  This one
may be a little more difficult if it is harder keep track which are
duplicates.  Also, if you have already assigned categories, that
information will be lost.

2.  Void the newer duplicates for now, and perhaps delete them
later.  To get all of the newer downloads together, at the top of
the register, select View:SortBy->SortByEntryOrder.  The reason for
Void instead of Delete is that Money will remember the FITID to
avoid thinking that transaction is new if it were to get reloaded.

Remember to switch the View back to sorting by date.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
11/15/2007 7:24:53 PM
I'm still having the same issues with my Schwab accounts. I have tried
voiding, matching and deleting the duplicates, but they keep showing up each
new download. I hope Schwab figures this out soon!

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Submarine LDO wrote:
>
> >The last few days, duplicates have been showing up in my Schwab accounts. I
> >assume it must have something to do with Schwab itself, but has anyone else
> >experienced this phenomenon?
> >
> >I do an online update, and then accept transactions. I update again
> >immediately (or later) and the same transactions appear as new. I have to
> >either match them or accept them and then go in an delete them.
> >
> >Hope this doesn't keep up too much longer!
>
> To fix a problem of sometimes generating duplicate IDs, Schwab has
> changed their algorithm for generating the transactions IDs (FITID).
> The downside of the fix is there will be a one-time set of
> duplicated transactions.
>
> To work around this, there are two alternative ways:
>
> 1.  Either delete or Void the older of the duplicates.  This one
> may be a little more difficult if it is harder keep track which are
> duplicates.  Also, if you have already assigned categories, that
> information will be lost.
>

> 2.  Void the newer duplicates for now, and perhaps delete them
> later.  To get all of the newer downloads together, at the top of
> the register, select View:SortBy->SortByEntryOrder.  The reason for
> Void instead of Delete is that Money will remember the FITID to
> avoid thinking that transaction is new if it were to get reloaded.
>
> Remember to switch the View back to sorting by date.

I too am continuing to see duplicates after voiding and deleting...

"Submarine LDO" wrote:

> I'm still having the same issues with my Schwab accounts. I have tried
> voiding, matching and deleting the duplicates, but they keep showing up each
> new download. I hope Schwab figures this out soon!
>
> "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
> > In microsoft.public.money, Submarine LDO wrote:
> >
> > >The last few days, duplicates have been showing up in my Schwab accounts. I
> > >assume it must have something to do with Schwab itself, but has anyone else
> > >experienced this phenomenon?
> > >
> > >I do an online update, and then accept transactions. I update again
> > >immediately (or later) and the same transactions appear as new. I have to
> > >either match them or accept them and then go in an delete them.
> > >
> > >Hope this doesn't keep up too much longer!
> >
> > To fix a problem of sometimes generating duplicate IDs, Schwab has
> > changed their algorithm for generating the transactions IDs (FITID).
> > The downside of the fix is there will be a one-time set of
> > duplicated transactions.
> >
> > To work around this, there are two alternative ways:
> >
> > 1.  Either delete or Void the older of the duplicates.  This one
> > may be a little more difficult if it is harder keep track which are
> > duplicates.  Also, if you have already assigned categories, that
> > information will be lost.
> >

> > 2.  Void the newer duplicates for now, and perhaps delete them
> > later.  To get all of the newer downloads together, at the top of
> > the register, select View:SortBy->SortByEntryOrder.  The reason for
> > Void instead of Delete is that Money will remember the FITID to
> > avoid thinking that transaction is new if it were to get reloaded.
> >
> > Remember to switch the View back to sorting by date.

0
Herb (18)
11/20/2007 1:02:00 AM
I had started a similar thread on 11/16 (see multiple downloads of same
transaction).  I have an e-mail from Schwab on 11/17 saying they're aware of
the problem and working on it with Microsoft and Intuit.  (Apparently Quicken
users have the same problem.)  But this morning, 11/20, it's still broken.
Inadequate software quality control is particularly annoying to me.  I can
forgive an occasional error getting by, but don't we all think it's about
time this one was FIXED?  Just how do we get some results?  Any ideas?

"Submarine LDO" wrote:

> The last few days, duplicates have been showing up in my Schwab accounts. I
> assume it must have something to do with Schwab itself, but has anyone else
> experienced this phenomenon?
>
> I do an online update, and then accept transactions. I update again
> immediately (or later) and the same transactions appear as new. I have to
> either match them or accept them and then go in an delete them.
>
> Hope this doesn't keep up too much longer!
>
> Thanks
I worked extensively with a Schwab tech rep today -- he "borrowed" my
account so that he could duplicate the problem on their end using MS
Money and Quicken both.  Fortunately the problem was completely
apparent during their testing - so they now have more data to work
with to resolve this issue for all of us.

I was concerned yesterday when I was told "...we are getting calls
about this problem, but we cannot seem to duplicate the problem here
when we test the system...".  I about threw a gasket, but then offered
to assist any way I could to work toward a resolution.

So, today they took me up on it.  Hopefully this will move the ball
down the field.  /jad

Rapid Robert wrote:
> I had started a similar thread on 11/16 (see multiple downloads of same
> transaction).  I have an e-mail from Schwab on 11/17 saying they're aware of
> the problem and working on it with Microsoft and Intuit.  (Apparently Quicken
> users have the same problem.)  But this morning, 11/20, it's still broken.
> Inadequate software quality control is particularly annoying to me.  I can
> forgive an occasional error getting by, but don't we all think it's about
> time this one was FIXED?  Just how do we get some results?  Any ideas?
>
> "Submarine LDO" wrote:
>
> > The last few days, duplicates have been showing up in my Schwab accounts. I
> > assume it must have something to do with Schwab itself, but has anyone else
> > experienced this phenomenon?
> >
> > I do an online update, and then accept transactions. I update again
> > immediately (or later) and the same transactions appear as new. I have to
> > either match them or accept them and then go in an delete them.
> >
> > Hope this doesn't keep up too much longer!
> >
> > Thanks
0
jaddorf (1)
11/21/2007 8:21:16 AM
I too am trying to reach Schwab to express my frustration.  If they give you
a "case number" or "problem number", please share it so that I can bolster my
complaint with evidence to them that Schwab is "aware" of this.

"jaddorf@gmail.com" wrote:

> I worked extensively with a Schwab tech rep today -- he "borrowed" my
> account so that he could duplicate the problem on their end using MS
> Money and Quicken both.  Fortunately the problem was completely
> apparent during their testing - so they now have more data to work
> with to resolve this issue for all of us.
>
> I was concerned yesterday when I was told "...we are getting calls
> about this problem, but we cannot seem to duplicate the problem here
> when we test the system...".  I about threw a gasket, but then offered
> to assist any way I could to work toward a resolution.
>
> So, today they took me up on it.  Hopefully this will move the ball
> down the field.  /jad
>

> Rapid Robert wrote:
> > I had started a similar thread on 11/16 (see multiple downloads of same
> > transaction).  I have an e-mail from Schwab on 11/17 saying they're aware of
> > the problem and working on it with Microsoft and Intuit.  (Apparently Quicken
> > users have the same problem.)  But this morning, 11/20, it's still broken.
> > Inadequate software quality control is particularly annoying to me.  I can
> > forgive an occasional error getting by, but don't we all think it's about
> > time this one was FIXED?  Just how do we get some results?  Any ideas?
> >
> > "Submarine LDO" wrote:
> >
> > > The last few days, duplicates have been showing up in my Schwab accounts. I
> > > assume it must have something to do with Schwab itself, but has anyone else
> > > experienced this phenomenon?
> > >
> > > I do an online update, and then accept transactions. I update again
> > > immediately (or later) and the same transactions appear as new. I have to
> > > either match them or accept them and then go in an delete them.
> > >
> > > Hope this doesn't keep up too much longer!
> > >
> > > Thanks

0
Herb (18)
11/22/2007 3:48:08 PM
Herb,

Schwab gave me a couple of numbers.  In an e-mail, they gave me 'technical
support issue number 15385'.  Then when I called they gave me something
called 'escalation number 186006'.  I was told that someone would call me
back for more information.  No one ever called.  Hope you have better luck
than I have so far.

"Submarine LDO" wrote:

> The last few days, duplicates have been showing up in my Schwab accounts. I
> assume it must have something to do with Schwab itself, but has anyone else
> experienced this phenomenon?
>
> I do an online update, and then accept transactions. I update again
> immediately (or later) and the same transactions appear as new. I have to
> either match them or accept them and then go in an delete them.
>
> Hope this doesn't keep up too much longer!
>
> Thanks
0
Robert4087 (350)
11/22/2007 11:12:01 PM
Except for a few transactions that occurred on the original date of failure,
11/15/2007, that I was able to clean up manually, I can't seem to get the
download to fail this morning.  Does that mean that it's been fixed?

Considering Schwab's unacceptable response on this issue so far, I'm
reluctant to call and ask them.  They've lost a lot of traction with me on
this one.

Anyone else have anything to report?

"Submarine LDO" wrote:

> The last few days, duplicates have been showing up in my Schwab accounts. I
> assume it must have something to do with Schwab itself, but has anyone else
> experienced this phenomenon?
>
> I do an online update, and then accept transactions. I update again
> immediately (or later) and the same transactions appear as new. I have to
> either match them or accept them and then go in an delete them.
>
> Hope this doesn't keep up too much longer!
>
> Thanks
I am continuing to have duplicate transactions, the last one being on 11-26.
I have submitted trouble reprots to Microsoft and to Schwab but neither
company has given me any kind of remedy.  Cal Learner's fix that was provided
on 11-15 helped, so now I'm just following his suggestions every time I get a
duplicate transaction.

Not good Microsoft!  Not good Schwab!

"Rapid Robert" wrote:

> Except for a few transactions that occurred on the original date of failure,
> 11/15/2007, that I was able to clean up manually, I can't seem to get the
> download to fail this morning.  Does that mean that it's been fixed?
>
> Considering Schwab's unacceptable response on this issue so far, I'm
> reluctant to call and ask them.  They've lost a lot of traction with me on
> this one.
>
> Anyone else have anything to report?
>
> "Submarine LDO" wrote:
>
> > The last few days, duplicates have been showing up in my Schwab accounts. I
> > assume it must have something to do with Schwab itself, but has anyone else
> > experienced this phenomenon?
> >
> > I do an online update, and then accept transactions. I update again
> > immediately (or later) and the same transactions appear as new. I have to
> > either match them or accept them and then go in an delete them.
> >
> > Hope this doesn't keep up too much longer!
> >
> > Thanks
0
Herb (18)
11/30/2007 2:42:02 PM
OOPS!  This had looked like it might have been fixed but I just got another
duplicate this morning.  This makes two weeks for me.  THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE.
WHAT THE HELL WILL IT TAKE?

"Rapid Robert" wrote:

> Except for a few transactions that occurred on the original date of failure,
> 11/15/2007, that I was able to clean up manually, I can't seem to get the
> download to fail this morning.  Does that mean that it's been fixed?
>
> Considering Schwab's unacceptable response on this issue so far, I'm
> reluctant to call and ask them.  They've lost a lot of traction with me on
> this one.
>
> Anyone else have anything to report?
>
> "Submarine LDO" wrote:
>
> > The last few days, duplicates have been showing up in my Schwab accounts. I
> > assume it must have something to do with Schwab itself, but has anyone else
> > experienced this phenomenon?
> >
> > I do an online update, and then accept transactions. I update again
> > immediately (or later) and the same transactions appear as new. I have to
> > either match them or accept them and then go in an delete them.
> >
> > Hope this doesn't keep up too much longer!
> >
> > Thanks
Go vent at Schwab. Unless they get a load of users complaining they will be
saying "it only affects one or two people - nobody has complained! So we can
take our time."

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

For UK tips & fixes see

"Rapid Robert" <RapidRobert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> OOPS!  This had looked like it might have been fixed but I just got
> another
> duplicate this morning.  This makes two weeks for me.  THIS IS
> UNACCEPTABLE.
> WHAT THE HELL WILL IT TAKE?
>
> "Rapid Robert" wrote:
>
>> Except for a few transactions that occurred on the original date of
>> failure,
>> 11/15/2007, that I was able to clean up manually, I can't seem to get the
>> download to fail this morning.  Does that mean that it's been fixed?
>>
>> Considering Schwab's unacceptable response on this issue so far, I'm
>> reluctant to call and ask them.  They've lost a lot of traction with me
>> on
>> this one.
>>
>> Anyone else have anything to report?
>>
>> "Submarine LDO" wrote:
>>
>> > The last few days, duplicates have been showing up in my Schwab
>> > accounts. I
>> > assume it must have something to do with Schwab itself, but has anyone
>> > else
>> > experienced this phenomenon?
>> >
>> > I do an online update, and then accept transactions. I update again
>> > immediately (or later) and the same transactions appear as new. I have
>> > either match them or accept them and then go in an delete them.
>> >
>> > Hope this doesn't keep up too much longer!
>> >
>> > Thanks

0
bob_peel2056 (736)
12/1/2007 3:35:44 PM
Hey Bob,

Hope you're right.  Immediately after my first post this morning and before
I saw yours, I called Schwab.  I declined to talk to tech support and
insisted instead on speaking either to a customer service supervisor or to
Chuck himself.  I gave the issue numbers for reference and stated simply that
Schwab's lack of response after more than two weeks was unacceptable.  I also
stated, truthfully and emphatically, that unless I hear back from Schwab very
soon, I will begin looking for a replacement financial services firm and
insisted that my sentiments be conveyed to upper management.  I may not be
Warren Buffet but I'm no Bob Cratchett either and I'm sure someone will want
my business if Schwab demonstrates they no longer care about me.  I asked the
supervisor what I should expect and he said that I should expect to hear back
from someone before Wednesday.  I'll wait until then.  I AM NOT HAPPY.

"Submarine LDO" wrote:

> The last few days, duplicates have been showing up in my Schwab accounts. I
> assume it must have something to do with Schwab itself, but has anyone else
> experienced this phenomenon?
>
> I do an online update, and then accept transactions. I update again
> immediately (or later) and the same transactions appear as new. I have to
> either match them or accept them and then go in an delete them.
>
> Hope this doesn't keep up too much longer!
>
> Thanks
This is still happening as of today (Monday, 12/3). I get transactions dated 11/30 again
and again but not transactions before then. Been happening about two weeks.
In my case, the dup transactions occur for "yesterday" and "day before
yesterday" (business days) only. I mentioned this to Schwab tech support
when they finally found someone to talk to me Saturday afternoon.
This "48-hour duplicate" business seemed to be something new
to the person, but he wasn't particularly responsive, although he said
they had "had reports" of duplicate records. Gave me no incident number
or whatever. Same problem on three accounts.

What is the escalation path, does anyone know?

Thanks

..
"Submarine LDO" <SubmarineLDO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The last few days, duplicates have been showing up in my Schwab accounts. I
> assume it must have something to do with Schwab itself, but has anyone else
> experienced this phenomenon?
>
> I do an online update, and then accept transactions. I update again
> immediately (or later) and the same transactions appear as new. I have to
> either match them or accept them and then go in an delete them.
>
> Hope this doesn't keep up too much longer!
>
> Thanks

0
redmonds (3)
12/3/2007 11:53:19 PM
Hey Robert,

After offering last Saturday to take my business elsewhere, I finally got a
call back from someone at Schwab yesterday, Monday, 12/03.  The person I
talked to seemed to be an upper level customer service person, not a techie.
Escalation numbers are apparently assigned on an individual basis as he said
he had dealt with about two-hundred of them.  My respondent said that Schwab
tech had reported only last friday that they had finally isolated the cause
of this problem and that a resolution should be in place by 'mid december'.

The fellow who called me gave me his full name and direct personal extension
so I can contact him directly for more information if I want.  At least now I
don't feel so unwanted.

I suggest that when you call tech support you insist on being given an
escalation number.  Then insist that someone call you back by a date certain.

"Submarine LDO" wrote:

> The last few days, duplicates have been showing up in my Schwab accounts. I
> assume it must have something to do with Schwab itself, but has anyone else
> experienced this phenomenon?
>
> I do an online update, and then accept transactions. I update again
> immediately (or later) and the same transactions appear as new. I have to
> either match them or accept them and then go in an delete them.
>
> Hope this doesn't keep up too much longer!
>
> Thanks
Thx for the update.  Please keep us posted.  I wrote an email letting Schwab
know that I have the same problem as well.

"Rapid Robert" wrote:

> Hey Robert,
>
> After offering last Saturday to take my business elsewhere, I finally got a
> call back from someone at Schwab yesterday, Monday, 12/03.  The person I
> talked to seemed to be an upper level customer service person, not a techie.
> Escalation numbers are apparently assigned on an individual basis as he said
> he had dealt with about two-hundred of them.  My respondent said that Schwab
> tech had reported only last friday that they had finally isolated the cause
> of this problem and that a resolution should be in place by 'mid december'.
>
> The fellow who called me gave me his full name and direct personal extension
> so I can contact him directly for more information if I want.  At least now I
> don't feel so unwanted.
>
> I suggest that when you call tech support you insist on being given an
> escalation number.  Then insist that someone call you back by a date certain.
>
> "Submarine LDO" wrote:
>
> > The last few days, duplicates have been showing up in my Schwab accounts. I
> > assume it must have something to do with Schwab itself, but has anyone else
> > experienced this phenomenon?
> >
> > I do an online update, and then accept transactions. I update again
> > immediately (or later) and the same transactions appear as new. I have to
> > either match them or accept them and then go in an delete them.
> >
> > Hope this doesn't keep up too much longer!
> >
> > Thanks
0
synchro (2)
12/5/2007 4:46:01 AM
I just moved from CyberTrader to Schwab - they call it integration.  Anyway I
am also seeing duplicate transactions.  Also wondering if the Schwab peaple
have figured a way around same day trades being downloaded sell first - thus
causing the software to create a dummy buy.  In Cybertrader I would do two
downloads, accepting the buys and voiding the sells.  I then would delete the
voided sells and do a second download to accept the sells.  I know this is
not exactly the same issue, but  thought maybe someone here would have some
insight.   Thanks.

"Submarine LDO" wrote:

> The last few days, duplicates have been showing up in my Schwab accounts. I
> assume it must have something to do with Schwab itself, but has anyone else
> experienced this phenomenon?
>
> I do an online update, and then accept transactions. I update again
> immediately (or later) and the same transactions appear as new. I have to
> either match them or accept them and then go in an delete them.
>
> Hope this doesn't keep up too much longer!
>
> Thanks
0
David4882 (672)
12/12/2007 2:47:00 AM
This morning I got another call from the same Schwab customer service rep
who called me on Monday, 12/03.  He called this morning to report that he
had been advised that the problem was fixed as of last night.  I hope it's
finally really fixed but I plan to watch my downloads closely for a while
anyway.

Anyone else have any news on this?

Robert

"Submarine LDO" <SubmarineLDO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The last few days, duplicates have been showing up in my Schwab accounts.
> assume it must have something to do with Schwab itself, but has anyone
> else
> experienced this phenomenon?
>
> I do an online update, and then accept transactions. I update again
> immediately (or later) and the same transactions appear as new. I have to
> either match them or accept them and then go in an delete them.
>
> Hope this doesn't keep up too much longer!
>
> Thanks

0
OE6RW39 (8)
12/14/2007 8:20:46 PM
Appears to be fixed, no duplicates from yesterday's (12/17)
transactions.

Thanks to those who actively pursued Schwab to get their attention.

REdmonds

"Robert Edmonds" <redmonds@iu.net> wrote in message
> This is still happening as of today (Monday, 12/3). I get transactions dated 11/30 again
> and again but not transactions before then. Been happening about two weeks.
> In my case, the dup transactions occur for "yesterday" and "day before
> yesterday" (business days) only. I mentioned this to Schwab tech support
> when they finally found someone to talk to me Saturday afternoon.
> This "48-hour duplicate" business seemed to be something new
> to the person, but he wasn't particularly responsive, although he said
> they had "had reports" of duplicate records. Gave me no incident number
> or whatever. Same problem on three accounts.
>
> What is the escalation path, does anyone know?
>
> Thanks
>

> .
> "Submarine LDO" <SubmarineLDO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> The last few days, duplicates have been showing up in my Schwab accounts. I
>> assume it must have something to do with Schwab itself, but has anyone else
>> experienced this phenomenon?
>>
>> I do an online update, and then accept transactions. I update again
>> immediately (or later) and the same transactions appear as new. I have to
>> either match them or accept them and then go in an delete them.
>>
>> Hope this doesn't keep up too much longer!
>>
>> Thanks

0
redmonds (3)
12/18/2007 9:57:08 PM
Rapid Robert <Rapid Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Herb,
>
>Schwab gave me a couple of numbers.  In an e-mail, they gave me 'technical
>support issue number 15385'.  Then when I called they gave me something
>called 'escalation number 186006'.  I was told that someone would call me
>back for more information.  No one ever called.  Hope you have better luck
>than I have so far.

Do you have a phone number to call? I hate to call their regular
front number as that will take half an hour to get through to
MOney support.

>"Submarine LDO" wrote:
>
>> The last few days, duplicates have been showing up in my Schwab accounts. I
>> assume it must have something to do with Schwab itself, but has anyone else
>> experienced this phenomenon?
>>
>> I do an online update, and then accept transactions. I update again
>> immediately (or later) and the same transactions appear as new. I have to
>> either match them or accept them and then go in an delete them.
>>
>> Hope this doesn't keep up too much longer!
>>
>> Thanks
Ed Hansberry  (Please do *NOT* email me. Post here for the benefit of all)
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices   www.pocketpc.com
"Rapid Robert" <OE6RW39@cfl.rr.com> wrote:

>This morning I got another call from the same Schwab customer service rep
>who called me on Monday, 12/03.  He called this morning to report that he
>had been advised that the problem was fixed as of last night.  I hope it's
>finally really fixed but I plan to watch my downloads closely for a while
>anyway.
>
>Anyone else have any news on this?

Dupes may have been fixed, but I am still seeing missing
transactions that I have to manually add.
Ed Hansberry  (Please do *NOT* email me. Post here for the benefit of all)
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices   www.pocketpc.com
On Dec 21, 6:26=A0pm, "Ed Hansberry, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices" <spamfree-
silvern...@hotmail.spambegone.com> wrote:

> Do you have a phone number to call? I hate to call their regular
> front number as that will take half an hour to get through to
> MOney support.

Charles Schwab Money Support number is 800-533-0439.

Money users who've setup their Schwab accounts for direct online
services can get this by clicking on "Change Account Settings" from a
Schwab account register, then "Update contact info...".

Regards,
JB
0
johnbusc (409)
12/22/2007 7:07:36 PM
Ed,

I also noticed that not all trx always download on the first update.  I just
run the update a few times until they all get downloaded.  Just to be sure,
I always check the total value on all of our Schwab accounts to verify that
the amounts shown in Money and on Schwab's web site balance to the penny.  I
think it's possible this remaining issue might go away after a little break
in time.  If not, I'll be back on the horn with Schwab.  And this is
definitely a Schwab problem, not Microsoft.

Rapid Robert

<spamfree-silvernino@hotmail.spambegone.com> wrote in message
> "Rapid Robert" <OE6RW39@cfl.rr.com> wrote:
>
>>This morning I got another call from the same Schwab customer service rep
>>who called me on Monday, 12/03.  He called this morning to report that he
>>had been advised that the problem was fixed as of last night.  I hope it's
>>finally really fixed but I plan to watch my downloads closely for a while
>>anyway.
>>
>>Anyone else have any news on this?
>
> Dupes may have been fixed, but I am still seeing missing
> transactions that I have to manually add.
> Ed Hansberry  (Please do *NOT* email me. Post here for the benefit of all)
> What is on my Pocket PC? http://www.ehansberry.com/
> Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices   www.pocketpc.com
> What is an MVP? - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

0
OE6RW39 (8)

how to schedule automatic downloads of new mail
I previously used outlook express, and there was a box you could check to automatically download email from the server, and you could type in the time intervals, i.e. check for and download any new email every 5 minutes, 20 minute, 30 mintues, etc. I cannot find a similar feature in Outlook. Can someone explain to me how set up MS Outlook to schedule automatic downloads of new email from the server Only if you provide your version. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "sabsfilter" <sabsfilter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C8CE3CDE-BFCD-4ABC-9757-2CA652A0...

Duplicates

Tax details from PO to Receiving Transaction Entry
I created a Purchase Order in POP and it is including taxes, when i attempt to receive it, it does not default the tax amount previously entered in PO. why do i need to re-enter it again? Do i miss anything here? Thanks, Taxes from the PO do not carry over the Receiving Transaction - go figure . . . Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com ...

Bank Statements Won't Download into Money
All of the sudden my bank statements will not download into MS Money. To my knowledge I haven't changed a thing. If anybody can help I would appreciate it. In microsoft.public.money, The Brace wrote: >All of the sudden my bank statements will not download >into MS Money. To my knowledge I haven't changed a >thing. If anybody can help I would appreciate it. Money 2003 Standard? "The Brace" wrote: > All of the sudden my bank statements will not download > into MS Money. To my knowledge I haven't changed a > thing. If anybody can help I w...

Receiving duplicate emails

SOP transactions not posted/posted??? #3
Hi, I have a weird sort of Error in the SOP module of Great Plains version 7 (pervasive) The smart list shows an Invoice as unposted, but when go do to the Sales Transaction entry screen and enter the invoice number, a pop up displays a message that the inovoice number is posted??? i have tried to run check links, but it shows no errors... so how can this be resolved... thanks in advance Sajid Saeed ...

csv file download
I have 17 csv files that I download individually daily from a website, can anyone tell me the quickest way to do this ie some sort of automation. Thanks Les. Consider using the Microsoft.XMLHTTP object. With VBScript you could do something like: Sub GetCSV(sSource, sDest) Dim oHTTP, oFSO, oTS Set oHTTP = WScript.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP") Set oFSO = WScript.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") Set oTS = oFSO.CreateTextFile(sDest, True) oHTTP.open "GET", sSource, False oHTTP.send oTS.Write oHTTP.responseText oTS.Close Set oTS ...

Transaction on Hold Query
Does anyone know how to query the database to determine the exact time when a Transaction on Hold was recalled. ------------------------------------- ##-----------------------------------------------## Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/ Tax and Accounting Software Forums Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - microsoft.public.pos - 37535 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------## ...

Prevent supplier info download
We created new items at HQ Manager, and assigned suppliers for each one, then we issued a style 260 - download items worksheet. When the HQ Client connected next time, it also download the suppliers information too. I am wondering is there anyway to prevent HQ Client download suppliers information when downloading item information? Becasue we don't want our franchise stores to get the suppliers information. Kaibin wrote: > I am wondering is there anyway to prevent HQ Client download suppliers > information when downloading item information? Becasue we don't want our > fran...

Duplicate, Duplicate, dupli ...

Can we process transactions with the evaluation version of RMS?
I created my tender types but when I try to close a sale by clicking on tender, no tender types are displayed. Is that because I am using the evaluation version of the product? Or is there anything else that can be keeping the tender types from getting displayed? Thank you! You have to run a Z-Report on each register before new tender types will be available. -- -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all c...

Transaction Dates
Bill Gates just can't make it easier can he? Ever since my bank upgraded their software I am having the worst time with e-pay's & x-fers thru money. Can someone help me understand why? When I submit a payment via Money the program tells me it has to change the date because it can't be processed on that day. For example; Today I requested that 3k be transfered from my savings to my checking. In the past the transfer would go thru and there was no issue. Now I get a message that says my bank doesn't have enough time to do the transfer and the date must be modified ...

How do I duplicate numbering on a raffle?
I am creating an event ticket but would like to number the tickets on both the left and right sides of the ticket. Create a data base with your numbers. Use mail merge for the tickets. You can insert a mail merge field on both sides of your ticket. When you merge have one ticket on your screen. What version Publisher are you using. Some early versions of Publisher shows all the merge items the same in print preview. This is a Publisher bug. Mail, e-mail, and catalog merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH100502901033.aspx -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Candi...

Download Messages Twice?
I know that it has been confirmed that Outlook 2002 has this problem (Knowledge Base Article 292249), however, I'm unable to see anywhere that verifies that Outlook 2000 has the same problem. Our office uses Microsoft Office 2000, and on several of our machines we intermittently receive messages to our Outlook that have been previously downloaded. We have chosen the to "Leave a Copy of Messages on Server" in the Advanced portion of the Properties, as we occasionally need to access the messages offsite. We have not selected to "Remove from Server after 5 Days&qu...

How to delete "non-identical" duplicate records in an Access table
How to delete "non-identical" duplicate records in an Access Table? Where "non-identical" duplicate record means a record in the table that has slightly different datum in one of the fields, but an identical duplicate datum in the field that I am concerned with. For example: SSN MRN CLIENT NAME 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane T 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane Thompson The data of these two records in the fields SSN and MRN are identical; but "non-identical" in the CLIENT NAME field (notice...

Duplicate ItemLookupcode
Any clues on how I could get duplicate itemlookupcodes?? I found a few of them recently. No SQL queries have been run to generate them and if I try to create a duplicate itemLookupCodes I am stopped with a message telling me to use a unique name. How could they have gotten in the database? Any clues, boos or comments appreciated. Thanks for all the help! Jamie W This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001F_01C755DB.F64982C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable As you mentioned, RMS Manager doesn't ...

Find duplicates in a column
Hi, I have 6000 emails addresses in a col and wish to know if there are any duplicates. How can I do this please. I have Excel 2002. rock Assuming your emails are in A1 to A6000, in B1 enter =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$6000,A1) copy down B1 all the way to B6000 Apply a conditional format of red pattern on cells B1 to B6000 where Cell is greater than 1 and all duplicates will be shown in red. "rock" wrote: > Hi, > > I have 6000 emails addresses in a col and wish to know if there are any > duplicates. > > How can I do this please. > > I have Excel 2002. > ...

Duplicates!
Why do the songs in my media player library often duplicate or tripulicate themselves, so i end up with a library three times the size it should be. I have on occassions gone through and deleted all the replicated songs, but over a period of time they seem to "grow again" filling my library again with unwanted duplicates, taking up more space and memory. Is there anyway i can stop this happening????? Thanks. What version of WMP/Windows? First, make sure that WMP isn't monitoring the same folder twice. Duplicate songs can appear when, for example, both C:\Music a...

duplicate emails received
I've been receiving duplicate emails. This doesn't happen with all the emails I receive, only with some of them. "Leave a copy on the server" is not checked. I don't know the reason why this happens. Can somebody help me. Thanks in advance. ...

Can't delete Money investment; investment gets recreated after every download
Hi, I'm running into an annoying issue with Money 2006: A while ago I accidentally set up two investments for MSFT: one with an associated stock symbol, and the other obviously with no symbol. I would like to merge these two investments. I tried doing that by remapping all of the 'wrong' investment transactions to the right investment (the one with the stock symbol), and then deleting the wrong investment. However, every time I go to download account updates from Fidelity, I get a prompt saying "you've got xxx stock of Microsoft Corp. (the wrong type)". If I le...

Error tendering transactions
I have 4 tender types set up in RMS: cash, cheque, on account, and COD (which in effect is also on account). Recently I tried to tender a transaction COD, but got an Error 315 message, stating: "A tender type is invalid while in offline mode". BUT, the POS station is NOT working in offline mode. How do I fix this? Is the only problem with the COD tender type? If so you might want to try to delete it and recreate it again. Daniel NuRol Point of Sale and Barcoding www.nurol.com 404-352-3587 >-----Original Message----- >I have 4 tender types set up in RMS: cash, cheque, ...

Delete duplicate record
Hi, I have a table with 10,000 rows and 10 columns. Column 1 has text values, I want to delete the record if they have a duplicate, that is delete all the records. So if Column 1 has a two, three, four,... rows with the same value I would delete ALL the two, three, four... rows. I have a query that finds the duplicate, but how do you delete this? Thanks for your help on this Dear Jeff, You could create an exact same table structure without any records. In that new table make the column 1 the primary key. Then append the table. "Jeff" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a t...