Duplicate Funds in Money

I have a 401k account where I have always downloaded the information myself.
I then found out that I could have money keep the information up to date, so
I tried to create a new 401k account within on-line setup.
Originally, I had a duplicate account, but I worked through that issue.  Now
I'm having a problem with duplicate funds.  In my original 401k I had a fund
like the following.  "Merck Common Stock"  with the online one, they call it
"MRK CMMN STCK"  I Just want to treat them as the same, but each time money
downloads the information, it uses the "MRK CMMN STCK" investment, even
though I deleted it.  How can I merge the funds together so that each time
there are new positions, it downloads into my "Merck Common Stock" fund and
not the "MRK CMMN STCK" fund?
0
Jason4159 (666)
3/2/2007 4:40:00 AM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Jason wrote:

>I have a 401k account where I have always downloaded the information myself.
>I then found out that I could have money keep the information up to date, so
>I tried to create a new 401k account within on-line setup.
>Originally, I had a duplicate account, but I worked through that issue.  Now
>I'm having a problem with duplicate funds.  In my original 401k I had a fund
>like the following.  "Merck Common Stock"  with the online one, they call it
>"MRK CMMN STCK"  I Just want to treat them as the same, but each time money
>downloads the information, it uses the "MRK CMMN STCK" investment, even
>though I deleted it.  How can I merge the funds together so that each time
>there are new positions, it downloads into my "Merck Common Stock" fund and
>not the "MRK CMMN STCK" fund?

Money 2007 Deluxe has a new feature

The CombineWith operation was motivated largely by the Fidelity Net
Benefits quirk of having a wrong "CUSIP" ID in their download.  So
downloading data from a source with a correct CUSIP and from them
did not allow Money to understand they were the same stock, and
could share the same symbol and quotes.

This feature can be of use in more cases too.  The way it works is
that there is a CombineWith button on the Details page.  You can
select a security of the SAME Investment Type.  When you go to
FundA details and click CombineWith, a list of mutual funds already
defined comes up.  A pop-up tells you that all of this investment
will be renamed as the other selected investment.  If you combine
with FundB, in the register, All FundA transactions will now appear
as FundB.  I suspect that there is a hidden table that will now say
that both CUSIPs will henceforth refer to FundB.

I wonder if this would be of use. Keep an extra copy/backup of your
file in case you want to undo something.
0
via_newsgroup (13113)
3/2/2007 4:47:05 AM
I take it this means that I can't do anything like this in Microsoft Money
2005?  I just purchased a computer a couple of months ago that only has 2005
on it, and I don't really want to have to go buy a new copy of it, just
because of this "feature"

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Jason wrote:
>
> >I have a 401k account where I have always downloaded the information myself.
> >I then found out that I could have money keep the information up to date, so
> >I tried to create a new 401k account within on-line setup.
> >Originally, I had a duplicate account, but I worked through that issue.  Now
> >I'm having a problem with duplicate funds.  In my original 401k I had a fund
> >like the following.  "Merck Common Stock"  with the online one, they call it
> >"MRK CMMN STCK"  I Just want to treat them as the same, but each time money
> >downloads the information, it uses the "MRK CMMN STCK" investment, even
> >though I deleted it.  How can I merge the funds together so that each time
> >there are new positions, it downloads into my "Merck Common Stock" fund and
> >not the "MRK CMMN STCK" fund?
>

> Money 2007 Deluxe has a new feature
>
> The CombineWith operation was motivated largely by the Fidelity Net
> Benefits quirk of having a wrong "CUSIP" ID in their download.  So
> downloading data from a source with a correct CUSIP and from them
> did not allow Money to understand they were the same stock, and
> could share the same symbol and quotes.
>
> This feature can be of use in more cases too.  The way it works is
> that there is a CombineWith button on the Details page.  You can
> select a security of the SAME Investment Type.  When you go to
> FundA details and click CombineWith, a list of mutual funds already
> defined comes up.  A pop-up tells you that all of this investment
> will be renamed as the other selected investment.  If you combine
> with FundB, in the register, All FundA transactions will now appear
> as FundB.  I suspect that there is a hidden table that will now say
> that both CUSIPs will henceforth refer to FundB.
>
> I wonder if this would be of use. Keep an extra copy/backup of your
> file in case you want to undo something.

0
Jason4159 (666)
3/3/2007 3:17:30 AM
In microsoft.public.money, Jason wrote:

>I take it this means that I can't do anything like this in Microsoft Money
>2005?  I just purchased a computer a couple of months ago that only has 2005
>on it, and I don't really want to have to go buy a new copy of it, just
>because of this "feature"

That would be a wrong inference. Knowing that you are running Money
2005, there would be another way to go after the problem. I will try
to get back to it later.

>"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, Jason wrote:
>>
>> >I have a 401k account where I have always downloaded the information myself.
>> >I then found out that I could have money keep the information up to date, so
>> >I tried to create a new 401k account within on-line setup.
>> >Originally, I had a duplicate account, but I worked through that issue.  Now
>> >I'm having a problem with duplicate funds.  In my original 401k I had a fund
>> >like the following.  "Merck Common Stock"  with the online one, they call it
>> >"MRK CMMN STCK"  I Just want to treat them as the same, but each time money
>> >downloads the information, it uses the "MRK CMMN STCK" investment, even
>> >though I deleted it.  How can I merge the funds together so that each time
>> >there are new positions, it downloads into my "Merck Common Stock" fund and
>> >not the "MRK CMMN STCK" fund?
>>

>> Money 2007 Deluxe has a new feature
>>
>> The CombineWith operation was motivated largely by the Fidelity Net
>> Benefits quirk of having a wrong "CUSIP" ID in their download.  So
>> downloading data from a source with a correct CUSIP and from them
>> did not allow Money to understand they were the same stock, and
>> could share the same symbol and quotes.
>>
>> This feature can be of use in more cases too.  The way it works is
>> that there is a CombineWith button on the Details page.  You can
>> select a security of the SAME Investment Type.  When you go to
>> FundA details and click CombineWith, a list of mutual funds already
>> defined comes up.  A pop-up tells you that all of this investment
>> will be renamed as the other selected investment.  If you combine
>> with FundB, in the register, All FundA transactions will now appear
>> as FundB.  I suspect that there is a hidden table that will now say
>> that both CUSIPs will henceforth refer to FundB.
>>
>> I wonder if this would be of use. Keep an extra copy/backup of your
>> file in case you want to undo something.

0
via_newsgroup (13113)
3/3/2007 5:08:25 AM
In microsoft.public.money, Jason wrote:

>I take it this means that I can't do anything like this in Microsoft Money
>2005?  I just purchased a computer a couple of months ago that only has 2005
>on it, and I don't really want to have to go buy a new copy of it, just
>because of this "feature"

If all of your download is for "MRK CMMN STCK", then go to the
Details of  Details of "Merck Common Stock". Blank the symbol. Then
go to  InvestmentDetails of "Merck Common Stock"(its near the
Details).

Add a New large fake Buy of "Merck Common Stock", for each account
that you are changing, that pre-dates the earliest real transaction.
For each real transaction, starting at the oldest, Edit the
Investment field to be "MRK CMMN STCK" by using the drop-down list.
When there are no more real transactions for "Merck Common Stock"
remaining, delete the fake transnational(s).

Go to the Details of "Merck Common Stock" and change the name to
zzzzMerck. If it never appears in any downloads for a month or two,
you can Delete it.

Goto the Details of "MRK CMMN STCK" and give it the MRK symbol. If
you like,rename the stock to something more readable.

If this does not address the question I think you are asking, then

>"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, Jason wrote:
>>
>> >I have a 401k account where I have always downloaded the information myself.
>> >I then found out that I could have money keep the information up to date, so
>> >I tried to create a new 401k account within on-line setup.
>> >Originally, I had a duplicate account, but I worked through that issue.  Now
>> >I'm having a problem with duplicate funds.  In my original 401k I had a fund
>> >like the following.  "Merck Common Stock"  with the online one, they call it
>> >"MRK CMMN STCK"  I Just want to treat them as the same, but each time money
>> >downloads the information, it uses the "MRK CMMN STCK" investment, even
>> >though I deleted it.  How can I merge the funds together so that each time
>> >there are new positions, it downloads into my "Merck Common Stock" fund and
>> >not the "MRK CMMN STCK" fund?
>>

>> Money 2007 Deluxe has a new feature
>>
>> The CombineWith operation was motivated largely by the Fidelity Net
>> Benefits quirk of having a wrong "CUSIP" ID in their download.  So
>> downloading data from a source with a correct CUSIP and from them
>> did not allow Money to understand they were the same stock, and
>> could share the same symbol and quotes.
>>
>> This feature can be of use in more cases too.  The way it works is
>> that there is a CombineWith button on the Details page.  You can
>> select a security of the SAME Investment Type.  When you go to
>> FundA details and click CombineWith, a list of mutual funds already
>> defined comes up.  A pop-up tells you that all of this investment
>> will be renamed as the other selected investment.  If you combine
>> with FundB, in the register, All FundA transactions will now appear
>> as FundB.  I suspect that there is a hidden table that will now say
>> that both CUSIPs will henceforth refer to FundB.
>>
>> I wonder if this would be of use. Keep an extra copy/backup of your
>> file in case you want to undo something.

0
via_newsgroup (13113)

Windows 2000 running Money 2000
Despite the similarity of name they do NOT get along. What do I need to run Money 2000 on my Windows 2000 professional? Do I need to re-install even though the hard drive I moved to the W2K computer has it installed on it? Thanks in advance :-) M2000 MUST be installed in a W2K Admin account. If that isn't the case then you need to reinstall. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes http://ww...

NO "Pay Online" Checkbox Money 2006
I have NO "Pay Online" Checkbox to check and my "Pay Online" button is grayed out. This is within the Bills tab of my Microsoft Money 2006 ...

Can I read a Money 2006 file in Money 2004?
I have a situation where I need to work on a Money 2006 file temporarily but I have Money 2004. Is downward comapatbility supported by these two versions? No. Not by any two versions of Money. Not even by the last update of M05 to the first update of M05. "Chiliman" <Chiliman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50291404-092B-48F2-9BB2-D393BB503CEB@microsoft.com... > I have a situation where I need to work on a Money 2006 file temporarily > but > I have Money 2004. Is downward comapatbility supported by these two > versions? ...

Money 2005 SB / Invoice Designer BUG
I have read a number of you are having this same issue. When I created my first invoice and saved it, and closed invoice designer, it was not in the list when I opened it next. So I created it again, and this time exported it so I knew where the INV file was saved. I then went to import it into Money and got an error saying it could not be imported because Money cannot import files created before July, 2002. WTF? I contacted live chat support who said the issue was too complex and to call MS support at 425-635-2030 but this is obviously a bug so I know there won't be a work ...

Duplicates

Bank Statements Won't Download into Money
All of the sudden my bank statements will not download into MS Money. To my knowledge I haven't changed a thing. If anybody can help I would appreciate it. In microsoft.public.money, The Brace wrote: >All of the sudden my bank statements will not download >into MS Money. To my knowledge I haven't changed a >thing. If anybody can help I would appreciate it. Money 2003 Standard? "The Brace" wrote: > All of the sudden my bank statements will not download > into MS Money. To my knowledge I haven't changed a > thing. If anybody can help I w...

Money 2004 crash in mnyob99.dll with new file
I just upgraded to money 2004. Whenever I created a new file (via File->New File), money crashes and the system (XP) reported the fault was in mnyob99.dll. This means that I won't be able to create any new money file at all. I also followed some earlier message by opening the sample money file, it works, but then it still crashed when I tried to create a new file. I searched suport.microsoft.com and did not find anything that would solve the problem. Please help. Thanks. MJ - I have a very similary problem installing money 2003, and the suggested help provided to me in an earlier mes...

Receiving duplicate emails

Duplicate, Duplicate, dupli ...

Money Backup on CDRW
I have Money 2003. Have filled up floppy's for backups and want to use a CDRW instead. How can I backup my files on a CDRW, the only options Money gives me is either the Hard Drive or Floppies. Thanks, Dave In microsoft.public.money, Dave McClarin wrote: >I have Money 2003. Have filled up floppy's for backups >and want to use a CDRW instead. > >How can I backup my files on a CDRW, the only options >Money gives me is either the Hard Drive or Floppies. See FAQ available at http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/ for information. On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 12:22:38 -0700, "...

2006 Money Deluxe
How do I fix this...Setup was unable to install some of the components needed to run Money. Try installing Money again. I am running XP SP2, I have tried to install on other than the default path. Can not use MS support as I can not get it installed to get the Product ID #!! Did you ever get an answer to this? I am having the same problem. "Pb" wrote: > How do I fix this...Setup was unable to install some of the components needed > to run Money. Try installing Money again. I am running XP SP2, I have tried > to install on other than the default path. Can not u...

Support on money
I have a customer facing following issue. Customer has MS Money Essential which he purchased online & is not able to restore a file of Money Plus in Money Essential. He is looking for support on his issue. There is not MS money support available in India. Can anyone help in resolving above issue. Please assist. Thanks, Jagdeep Money Essentials (MEss) is widely documented as being so essential it won't upgrade files from other editions of Money. Your customer wanted Money Plus Deluxe. "Jagdeep" <jagdeep_r@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:6AE10C0D-13C9-442C...

How do I duplicate numbering on a raffle?
I am creating an event ticket but would like to number the tickets on both the left and right sides of the ticket. Create a data base with your numbers. Use mail merge for the tickets. You can insert a mail merge field on both sides of your ticket. When you merge have one ticket on your screen. What version Publisher are you using. Some early versions of Publisher shows all the merge items the same in print preview. This is a Publisher bug. Mail, e-mail, and catalog merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH100502901033.aspx -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Candi...

New money 2006 user
started microsoft money 2006 for the first time. asks for a password. have never used the program or entered a password. help states to hit "file" and "password manger" to change. under "file" i only see new, open, restore, backup. thanks. In microsoft.public.money, oceanpinesjim wrote: >started microsoft money 2006 for the first time. asks for a password. have >never used the program or entered a password. help states to hit "file" and >"password manger" to change. > >under "file" i only see new, open, re...

How to delete "non-identical" duplicate records in an Access table
How to delete "non-identical" duplicate records in an Access Table? Where "non-identical" duplicate record means a record in the table that has slightly different datum in one of the fields, but an identical duplicate datum in the field that I am concerned with. For example: SSN MRN CLIENT NAME 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane T 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane Thompson The data of these two records in the fields SSN and MRN are identical; but "non-identical" in the CLIENT NAME field (notice...

Duplicate ItemLookupcode
Any clues on how I could get duplicate itemlookupcodes?? I found a few of them recently. No SQL queries have been run to generate them and if I try to create a duplicate itemLookupCodes I am stopped with a message telling me to use a unique name. How could they have gotten in the database? Any clues, boos or comments appreciated. Thanks for all the help! Jamie W This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001F_01C755DB.F64982C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable As you mentioned, RMS Manager doesn't ...

money dates
In my reports, the dates are backwards, the most recent date is at top of report and earliest date is at the end, how do I reverse this? Under "view" sort by date etc, does not fix the problem. This never happend in Money 2002, I now have Money 2003. thanks for any help you can give me. sandie In microsoft.public.money, sandie wrote: >In my reports, the dates are backwards, the most recent >date is at top of report and earliest date is at the end, >how do I reverse this? > >Under "view" sort by date etc, does not fix the problem. >This never hap...

Find duplicates in a column
Hi, I have 6000 emails addresses in a col and wish to know if there are any duplicates. How can I do this please. I have Excel 2002. rock Assuming your emails are in A1 to A6000, in B1 enter =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$6000,A1) copy down B1 all the way to B6000 Apply a conditional format of red pattern on cells B1 to B6000 where Cell is greater than 1 and all duplicates will be shown in red. "rock" wrote: > Hi, > > I have 6000 emails addresses in a col and wish to know if there are any > duplicates. > > How can I do this please. > > I have Excel 2002. > ...

Duplicates!
Why do the songs in my media player library often duplicate or tripulicate themselves, so i end up with a library three times the size it should be. I have on occassions gone through and deleted all the replicated songs, but over a period of time they seem to "grow again" filling my library again with unwanted duplicates, taking up more space and memory. Is there anyway i can stop this happening????? Thanks. What version of WMP/Windows? First, make sure that WMP isn't monitoring the same folder twice. Duplicate songs can appear when, for example, both C:\Music a...

keeping two computers updated with one money file
I use a desktop at home and a laptop when I am on the road. What I would like to do is be able to keep my money file syncronized between my two computers. Money offers nothing that will help with this. There is no good way to do this short of something like WinXP Synchronization Manager. I can't say as I've tried it or read here of someone who has. Is that an answer to the question you never asked? "JB" <JB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:95B9AF2E-EBD5-4D09-826A-1430BF6C035E@microsoft.com... >I use a desktop at home and a laptop when I am on ...

duplicate emails received
I've been receiving duplicate emails. This doesn't happen with all the emails I receive, only with some of them. "Leave a copy on the server" is not checked. I don't know the reason why this happens. Can somebody help me. Thanks in advance. ...

wrong system date when install Money
I install trial Money 2004 when the system date was accidentally set to October 2004. After discovering wrong system date (by running Money reports), I corrected it. However, now I cannot use Money. It comes up with error "The system date in your computer is set earlier than the date you first used this trial version of Microsoft Money. Your system date must be set correctly to run this edition. Please fix the date and restart Microsoft Money 2004". Any idea how to solve this problem? Thanks in advance, Alex F Did you try uninstalling the trial edition, fixing the date, t...