Downloads Don't appear in register

Transactions from two different accounts indicated that they downloaded.
Both accounts indicate that there are items to review, but when I open the
register the items to review are not bold and as far as I can tell are not
visable in the register?

0
pkeller (21)
2/12/2006 1:04:03 AM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 20:04:03 -0500, Paul Keller wrote:

> Transactions from two different accounts indicated that they downloaded.
> Both accounts indicate that there are items to review, but when I open the
> register the items to review are not bold and as far as I can tell are not
> visable in the register?

A number of people have reported this problem, and I had it as well.  It
appears to be some kind of file corruption that can be caused by a number
of different causes, and what was a solution for one cause doesn't help you
if you have a different cause.  One of the MVP's here says to clear out
your IE cache, but that did nothing for me.

I continually got this problem in M2004 paying credit card bills from
scheduled bills, depending on the timing of whether the downloaded
transaction first came from the bank or the CC account.  I now change the
category from Credit Card payment to transfer and it does not happen any
more.

Someone else tracked the same symptom down to something in the DL file and
had a workaround - do a search on google groups on (in)visible transactions
and you could try that solution as well.

I found that the way to diagnose the problem was to go a backup before the
problem, D/L a QIF file that would duplicate the problem and remove
transactions with a text editor until I could narrow it down.

RJ
0
rj1 (9)
2/12/2006 9:28:56 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Paul Keller wrote:

>Transactions from two different accounts indicated that they downloaded.
>Both accounts indicate that there are items to review, but when I open the
>register the items to review are not bold and as far as I can tell are not
>visable in the register?

QIF download in Money 2006?

The cause may be one of these three characters being used in a
field in the QIF file: Less-than (<), greater-than (>) and
double-quote (") .

A useful workaround appears to be to go to
Tools->Settings->OnlineServiceSetting and select
ShowStandardizedPayeeNamesForWhichANameIsNotFound.
This appears to be a global (inter-file) setting.

You can delete the statement by right-clicking where it says you
have transactions to read. Then re-download.

If not QIF download in Money 2006, then what is it?
0
via_newsgroup (13113)
2/12/2006 10:08:45 PM
The two accounts effected are downloading in the background --  one is amex
cc which is direct connect account and the other is washington mutual
checking through  msn billpay.

> In microsoft.public.money, Paul Keller wrote:
>
>>Transactions from two different accounts indicated that they downloaded.
>>Both accounts indicate that there are items to review, but when I open the
>>register the items to review are not bold and as far as I can tell are not
>>visable in the register?
>>

> QIF download in Money 2006?
>
> The cause may be one of these three characters being used in a
> field in the QIF file: Less-than (<), greater-than (>) and
> double-quote (") .
>
> A useful workaround appears to be to go to
> Tools->Settings->OnlineServiceSetting and select
> ShowStandardizedPayeeNamesForWhichANameIsNotFound.
> This appears to be a global (inter-file) setting.
>
> You can delete the statement by right-clicking where it says you
> have transactions to read. Then re-download.
>
> If not QIF download in Money 2006, then what is it?

0
pkeller (21)

How to register a service process in win2000?
Hello all: My PC's OS is win2000,and I want to register my current process into service process.How to do?Thank you. You don't. You are working in a Unix model where any application could be a service. In WIndows, a service must be created as a service, and there Is No Substitute. Also, your service must not have a GUI, or attempt to communicate via a GUI. joe On Sun, 2 Jul 2006 10:16:39 +0800, "Lee Tow" <fbjlt@pub3.fz.fj.cn> wrote: >Hello all: > My PC's OS is win2000,and I want to register my current process into >service process.H...

Outlook locks up and downloads 2mb on dial up.
Every time on dialup to exchange 5.5 server with outlook 2000 it locks up and downloads 2mb before unlocking. This is not downloading a message it happens on multiple machines. please help ...

Files to download!
I want to place files on my web-unit created in the program "Publisher", that them could download the visitors. How it can be made? Publishing Web sites http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH063577001033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Charley" <Charley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:461B7DD5-5958-499A-9579-877F4B407ECB@microsoft.com... >I want to place files on my web-unit created in the program "Publisher", that > them could download the visi...

Reminder wont appear...
Hi, when I try to add an appointment to my Outlook calander I get the message that "The reminder for "Eye Appt" will not appear because the item is not in your Calendar or Tasks folder. Is this OK?", with a yes and no button. But Im confused, It is in my calandar, I just tried to enter it but this error comes up. Help, Gordy If it's not the default Calendar folder, reminders won't work on items stored there. Reminders will only fire from the Inbox, Calendar, Contacts, and Tasks folders in your default mail store (the set of folders where your mail is deliver...

Downloading More Than 1000 Headers
Using OE6 is there a way to download more than 1000 headers at one time? Thanks, John This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outl...

How do I get MS Converter (download) to convert a Quatro V9 file?
I have downloaded the MS converter and installed it in MS Office folder. I am trying to convert a Quatro V. 9 (Word Perfect 2000) file. I am using Excel 2003 and have tried to open the file. It does not recognize the file format and does not appear to even look for the file conversion utility? Any help out there? ...

Excel file downloaded via web
Hi, I downloaded an excel file from an .asp web page internet site. Once in local mode, this strange thing appens: all the cells, that contains data and numbers at video, seem to be empty when I try to edit a formula (e.s. Sum, Sort ...). Office version is the same on all machines (Office 2K sr1 9.0.3821 with no service packs), installed on Win2k Pro SP4.The most strange thing is that on some desktops with WinXP Pro in the same network environment, the file seems to work perfectly. Any suggestions, please? Thanks ...

When I download template where should it be downloaded to and sav.
I just found the MS Office Online site and want to download some Word and Excel templates. But I don't know where to download the templates to or where to save them to after they are downloaded. Can anyone tell me? Thanks. Normaly your templates should be in a directiry that you find in documents andsettings/yourname/apllication data/microsoft/templates When you load then you can copy them to this directory and all is done. Greetings from Brussels Belgium Dejola wrote: > I just found the MS Office Online site and want to download some Word and > Excel templates. But I don&#...

Transaction download problems
When I download from my bank there are several payees that always match to another payee but it is not the right one. For example JewelOsco grocery store always downloads as National Life. Both of these are active accounts. I also have a problem where a payee has completely disappeared and all of the data associated with it. I am the only user so it was not deleted by me. I continue to have problems with this particular payee - it is Marshall Fields but it has evaporated - any help appreciated. In microsoft.public.money, Bob wrote: >When I download from my bank there are seve...

Register CRM 4.0
I recently installed CRM in a test enviroment so I could test an upgrade to 4.0. When I upgraded to 4.0, I get a message that I need to register CRM within 30 days. I installed a test CRM client (Desktop client w/o SQL) and the install went fine but I get a "error loading Microsoft Dynamics CRM functionality" message when I start Outlook. Is that because I have not registered yet? If I register the test environment, will I run into issues when I go to register when I upgrade the production server? Registration should not be affecting the web client usage. -- Matt Parks MVP...

IMAP connections appear to hang the server.
HELP!!!!!!!! It appears as though I have found a problem with Mac's connecting to Exchange2003 via IMAP4. Any time from 30 minutes to 2 hours after a reboot of the server, the server becomes unresponsive to clients (PC's and Mac's). The server console itself also becomes unresponsive (e.g. it can take up to 2 minutes to open Exchange System Manager). At the same time, CPU usage and memory usage are within normal ranges and I can see nothing out of the ordinary in the performance monitor. Also, the event logs are clear. The Mac's will get synchronization errors in their mail...

Money 2005
I have used Money since version 2002 and upgraded to 2003, 2004 but I am having problems with 2005. I have two American Express accounts - one for me and for my wife. When I ask Money to update the transactions with the update function it states that it is updating the account with transacitons. After the update I see no transactions downloaded. Now if I go to the American Express site directly and then open an oxf.ofx file (Open Financial Exchange File) it seems to work fine. I get the pop-up box "import complete". The transactions are downloaded fine. How do I get this...

Make table field descriptions appear in status bar
Using Office 2003 and Windows XP; When building a table, normally the info entered into the description field will show in the status bar when the bound control is active. For one of my forms, this appears to be turned off. How can I restore this? Thanks much in advance. XP wrote: >Using Office 2003 and Windows XP; > >When building a table, normally the info entered into the description field >will show in the status bar when the bound control is active. > >For one of my forms, this appears to be turned off. How can I restore this? The only reason the field descripti...

Download OE 6
I am running Win 98 and O E 5. There is a problem with O E 5 which I cannot fix so I am trying to download 0 E 6. Once the download is compltete I get a message Q174360 so I am unable to open the file. I also get a message saying that another version is pending so I need to reboot but after reboot I still do not have O E 6. What can I do. Les wrote: > I am running Win 98 and O E 5. > There is a problem with O E 5 which I cannot fix so I am > trying to download 0 E 6. > > Once the download is compltete I get a message Q174360 so > I am unable to open the file. > >...

Gray box appeared around images
I have an Excel file I've been working on annually for years. This year I've upgraded to Windows XP and Excel 2003. Now, when I print the file, each .bmp image is filled with gray, so that the images appear to be inside a gray box. If I open the same file on another machine running Windows 2000 and Excel 2000, the images print the way they always have, which is with a white background. Does anybody have any hints for me? I don't even know where to start trying to fix this issue. Thanks so much, -Helene ...

Outlook Connector downloading blank emails for those moved from in
I view my hotmail emails in Outlook, and regularly move those I want to keep into files I have created within Outlook. On the Windows Live Hotmail website they remain in my inbox. Recently I noticed that when I look at my Outlook inbox there are dozens of items that show as blank headers, and are completely blank when you open them. The only thing they show is the date they were received, and the ison whether they were read, forwarded, replied to etc. By comparing with the Windows Live Hotmail website I have worked out that these "blank" emails are the ones I ha...

downloading
how do i download microsoft access because i need it for school to do databse You need to purchase it: it's not a free download. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "stacy keir" <stacy keir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B4BF3DA2-FFFD-4FAF-9D94-8586E096DA95@microsoft.com... > how do i download microsoft access because i need it for school to do > databse "stacy keir" <stacy keir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B4BF3DA2-FFFD-4FAF-9D94-8586E096DA95@microso...

MSMoney,Categories,Downloads
I just got a trial copy of MS Money and downloaded my credit card transactions. I want to assign a category to each entry and know how to open each item and click on a chosen category, which it records. What I would like to know is - can I get Money to remember the category for a specific company. For an example, if I make a purchase on my credit card to Target and I download it from my bank, I would like Money to automatically remember that it goes into the Clothing category without me having to select it from the drop down list. Will MS Money do this? Thanks in advance, Richar...

Registering HSBC credit card
Hello, I'm new to microsoft money. I have 2007 premium. I am trying to register an account with HSBC. I have already successfully registered 3 other accounts. But with HSBC, they are asking for a security id, in addition to my login and password. I have unsuccessfully called HSBC's customer support. The person I spoke with had no idea what I was talking about. I tried registering without this information, as well as entering CVV code from the back of my credit card. Nothing works. Does anybody have any suggestions? John, When you go to HSBC's website, aren't y...

Pictures don't appear in my messages
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0081_01CA794F.05715090 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Can someone tell me why no pictures appear in my messages. I just get an = x. Thanks. ------=_NextPart_000_0081_01CA794F.05715090 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"t...

Download calendar error
In attempting to download a calendar template, which I have sucessfully previously, I get the message "error on page" and I'm unable to download the template. Help! Empty your temporary cache, in Internet Explorer, tools, Internet Options, delete files. If this doesn't solve your issue... For some reason, in the past six weeks or so, some folks are having problems with the Media web site. There are suggestions here: http://msauer.mvps.org/clip_organizer_support.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com ...

I download, accept, and the it downloads again
When I download from Capital One, I am notified that I have statements to read. I go into the account, and accept them (there are two). The next time I open Money, it automatically downloads the same two items. So, the last time I used Money, I decided to just keep them as new, and not Accept them. Sure enough, today when I connected, it downloaded them again, so now I have 2 of each new item. Does anyone know of a fix for this? Thanks... jbryant789 I have this exact same problem with all of my accounts. I have had a support case opened since 09/21... no fix yet. They keep getti...

Excel Download #3
Please help! I'm a big dummy when it comes to computers. I have windows Xp Home Addition and I need Excel to open a spread sheet that was sent to me. Is there such a thing as a free download just for Excel. Thank you Hi you have to buy Excel. Though you may tzy the free Excel viewer: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=4eb83149-91da- 4110-8595-4a960d3e1c7c&displaylang=en -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "alms" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:2ffc01c4c131$1236dc40$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Please help...

Unwanted 2006 Transactions Downloaded
When I perform a download into my Money file, I get a bunch of 2006 transactions that I don't want and have to manualy delete them. I recently updated my Money file to only contain 2007 tranactions for the new year. Is there any way to not get the annoying 2006 transactions? <shoeheel@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1171734703.761739.226680@p10g2000cwp.googlegroups.com... > Is there any way to not get the annoying 2006 transactions? That probably depends on your bank. I suspect the answer is no. -- Chris Cowles Gainesville, FL You did an archive, right? At some point,...

Price update downloads
My price updates stopped in Nov03. I upgraded to M2004 Deluxe [purchased the CD] in Sep04. I've been running M since 1998 with frequent upgrades. I understand from previous posts on this forum that Microsoft now time limits the price updates. But -- why did I only get 3 month's worth? -- Mike mloy@citadelenterprises.com I'll assume you meant you purchased M04 in Sep03 and only got quotes with this version until Nov03. There is probably something else going on with networking or firewall setup or what not. M quotes have been less than 100% available/reliable for some time no...