I have Money 2002 installed on an Win XP Pro SP1 machine.  Something
happened and I probably did it, that causes the statement downloads not to
go directly to the account. Rather they want to be saved in a file and then
opened into Money.  I then have to delete the download.

I have tried several things in order to fix this:
1. I verified the file associations of  OFC, OFX were correct.  They were.
2. Lowered all my security settings in IE. Even put banks into Trusted site
zone. No go.
3. Made new accounts. Didn't help.
4. My IE cache is large (500MB) and regularly cleaned out.
5. I made sure my institutions didn't change how they handled downloads.
They didn't.
6. I reinstalled Money.
7. Note that All XP user accounts are in the admin mode.

I was able to make this work properly at the MS online Woodgrove Bank site
and I can make it work by using a new XP user account.

It makes no sense to me why the test bank is able to download statements
directly into Money but ALL my financial institutions can't. It also seems
that the problem may lie in some corrupted files in my current user profile
but I have no idea where.

It's probably way  too much work to switch everything over just to solve
this problem so any ideas and suggestions as to what I may try would be very
much appreciated.

Regards,

Manny Carvalho

---
This email has been scanned for known virus.

money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Manny Carvalho wrote:

>I have Money 2002 installed on an Win XP Pro SP1 machine.  Something
>happened and I probably did it, that causes the statement downloads not to
>go directly to the account. Rather they want to be saved in a file and then
>opened into Money.  I then have to delete the download.

So this is happening with more than one bank. I see that confirmed
farther down.

>I have tried several things in order to fix this:
>1. I verified the file associations of  OFC, OFX were correct.  They were.

And is Open the default action as indicated by "Open" being in bold
in the Actions box?

>2. Lowered all my security settings in IE. Even put banks into Trusted site
>zone. No go.
>3. Made new accounts. Didn't help.

I wonder what you mean by that? Do you mean you made new unrelated
accounts within the your same Money file?

>4. My IE cache is large (500MB) and regularly cleaned out.

I use 20 MB.

>5. I made sure my institutions didn't change how they handled downloads.
>They didn't.
>6. I reinstalled Money.
>7. Note that All XP user accounts are in the admin mode.
>
>I was able to make this work properly at the MS online Woodgrove Bank site
>and I can make it work by using a new XP user account.
>
>It makes no sense to me why the test bank is able to download statements
>directly into Money but ALL my financial institutions can't. It also seems
>that the problem may lie in some corrupted files in my current user profile
>but I have no idea where.

Since ALL of the institutions are having the problem, I guess I
would suggest that you re-install Money to a new folder.

If it were one or two accounts, I would try changing the Financial
Institution for the account and then changing it back.

Another thing that comes to mind is to delete the OFX file type
before you re-install. My theory there is that it would force Money
to re-create it.

>It's probably way  too much work to switch everything over just to solve
>this problem so any ideas and suggestions as to what I may try would be very
>much appreciated.

Care to say what one or more of the problem banks is?
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
10/21/2003 6:34:54 AM
Thanks for responding Cal.  Any comments as to why the problem is solved
when I use the existing Money accounts and file in a new XP user account.
All I did is  make a new XP user account, opened Money and downloaded a
statement.  Worked perfectly.  Then I switched to the old user account and
downloaded the same exact statement and was prompted to save the statement.

My answers to your questions are below.

Thanks for the help.

 >1. I verified the file associations of  OFC, OFX were correct.  They were.

 And is Open the default action as indicated by "Open" being in bold
in the Actions box?

       > Yes open is in bold

 >3. Made new accounts. Didn't help.

 I wonder what you mean by that? Do you mean you made new unrelated
accounts within the your same Money file?

       > I made new Money accounts but of my existing bank accounts in
another Money file.

>It makes no sense to me why the test bank is able to download statements
>directly into Money but ALL my financial institutions can't. It also seems
>that the problem may lie in some corrupted files in my current user profile
>but I have no idea where.

 Since ALL of the institutions are having the problem, I guess I
would suggest that you re-install Money to a new folder.

       > I did reinstall Money but not to a new folder.  I'll try your
suggestion and see if that helps
       > and also deleting the OFX file

 Care to say what one or more of the problem banks is?

       > I don't mind but I don't believe it's them.  I use ATT, MBNA and
Union Planters and two small                          local  banks.  They
all do this so I don't believe any of them are at fault

---
This email has been scanned for known virus.

I have been having this exact problem for years.

I just recently got a new system and Money was working fine for weeks up
until about a week ago.  Talk about a frustrating problem.  In the past I'm
sure that reinstalling MS Money has fixed it, after completely removing it,
cleaning up the crap it leaves behind and reinstalling it.  That didn't do
it for me this time.

BUT... good news.  I finally figured it out today.  There's a setting in
Internet Explorer that I remembered enabling about a week ago.  Look under
Tools, Internet Options and click on the Advanced tab.  Scroll down the list
and look for "Security".  Uncheck the setting that says "Do not save
encrypted pages to disk".

I hope that works for you.  It may even help with other statement download
problems.

Scott

"Manny Carvalho" <NoEmail@NoISP.com> wrote in message
> I have Money 2002 installed on an Win XP Pro SP1 machine.  Something
> happened and I probably did it, that causes the statement downloads not to
> go directly to the account. Rather they want to be saved in a file and
then
> opened into Money.  I then have to delete the download.
>
> I have tried several things in order to fix this:
> 1. I verified the file associations of  OFC, OFX were correct.  They were.
> 2. Lowered all my security settings in IE. Even put banks into Trusted
site
> zone. No go.
> 3. Made new accounts. Didn't help.
> 4. My IE cache is large (500MB) and regularly cleaned out.
> 5. I made sure my institutions didn't change how they handled downloads.
> They didn't.
> 6. I reinstalled Money.
> 7. Note that All XP user accounts are in the admin mode.
>
> I was able to make this work properly at the MS online Woodgrove Bank site
> and I can make it work by using a new XP user account.
>
> It makes no sense to me why the test bank is able to download statements
> directly into Money but ALL my financial institutions can't. It also seems
> that the problem may lie in some corrupted files in my current user
profile
> but I have no idea where.
>
> It's probably way  too much work to switch everything over just to solve
> this problem so any ideas and suggestions as to what I may try would be
very
> much appreciated.
>
> Regards,
>
> Manny Carvalho
>

> ---
> This email has been scanned for known virus.

spam704 (5)
10/25/2003 7:14:22 PM
You got it Scott! I don't remember ever changing that setting or why it
should make a difference but thanks very much.  You deserve the MS Money
award for solving obscure, non straight forward problems.  You have no idea
how long MS and I had been talking about this ugly problem.

Thank you.

--
Regards,

Manny
"Scott Paterson" <spam@REMOVE_MEtwister.org> wrote in message
> [...]
| profile
| > but I have no idea where.
| >
| > It's probably way  too much work to switch everything over just to solve
| > this problem so any ideas and suggestions as to what I may try would be
| very
| > much appreciated.
| >
| > Regards,
| >
| > Manny Carvalho
| >

| > ---
| > This email has been scanned for known virus.

---
This email has been scanned for known virus.

In microsoft.public.money, Manny Carvalho wrote:

>You got it Scott! I don't remember ever changing that setting or why it
>should make a difference but thanks very much.  You deserve the MS Money
>award for solving obscure, non straight forward problems.  You have no idea
>how long MS and I had been talking about this ugly problem.

Cool.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
10/26/2003 6:51:09 AM
Glad it worked.  My guess is that caching the info is needed for the direct
transfer into MS Money.  By disabling it, it can't transfer, therefore it
prompts to save.

> [...]
> | >
> | > It makes no sense to me why the test bank is able to download
statements
> | > directly into Money but ALL my financial institutions can't. It also
> seems
> | > that the problem may lie in some corrupted files in my current user
> | profile
> | > but I have no idea where.
> | >
> | > It's probably way  too much work to switch everything over just to
solve
> | > this problem so any ideas and suggestions as to what I may try would
be
> | very
> | > much appreciated.
> | >
> | > Regards,
> | >
> | > Manny Carvalho
> | >

> | > ---
> | > This email has been scanned for known virus.
> | >

> ---
> This email has been scanned for known virus.

10/26/2003 3:15:18 PM
It makes perfect sense when you realize that Money downloads encrypted
statements and if you tell IE not to save encrypted downloads then it can't
automatically cache the pages and has no alternative but to ask you what you
want done.  Simple. But then why was it so frustrating to figure out.

Now I can make this download thing toggle to save or direct download. Cool,
I'm easily amused and there's no utility to this but what the heck.

Thank a lot Scott.

--

| Glad it worked.  My guess is that caching the info is needed for the
direct
| transfer into MS Money.  By disabling it, it can't transfer, therefore it
| prompts to save.
|
| Scott
|
| "Manny Carvalho" <NoEmail@NoISP.com> wrote in message
| > You got it Scott! I don't remember ever changing that setting or why it
| > should make a difference but thanks very much.  You deserve the MS Money
| > award for solving obscure, non straight forward problems.  You have no
| idea
| > how long MS and I had been talking about this ugly problem.
| >
| > Thank you.
| >
| > --
| > Regards,
| >
| > Manny
| > "Scott Paterson" <spam@REMOVE_MEtwister.org> wrote in message
| > | I have been having this exact problem for years.
| > |
| > | I just recently got a new system and Money was working fine for weeks
up
| > | until about a week ago.  Talk about a frustrating problem.  In the
past
| > I'm
| > | sure that reinstalling MS Money has fixed it, after completely
removing
| > it,
| > | cleaning up the crap it leaves behind and reinstalling it.  That
didn't
| do
| > | it for me this time.
| > |
| > | BUT... good news.  I finally figured it out today.  There's a setting
in
| > | Internet Explorer that I remembered enabling about a week ago.  Look
| under
| > | Tools, Internet Options and click on the Advanced tab.  Scroll down
the
| > list
| > | and look for "Security".  Uncheck the setting that says "Do not save
| > | encrypted pages to disk".
| > |
| > | I hope that works for you.  It may even help with other statement
| download
| > | problems.
| > |
| > | Scott
| > |
| > | "Manny Carvalho" <NoEmail@NoISP.com> wrote in message
| not
| > | then

| > were.
Trusted
| > | site
| downloads.

Bank
| > site

| statements
| > seems
| > | profile

| solve
| be
| > | very

| > |
| > |

| > ---
| > This email has been scanned for known virus.

---
This email has been scanned for known virus.

Scott, I, too, must thank you for providing the fix to my problem! I changed
the 'Do not save encrypted pages to disk' a few days ago,  and today I was
promted to save the downloaded file to disk. I never would have made a
correlation between the two events! Fantastic tip!!! -Mike

> BUT... good news.  I finally figured it out today.  There's a setting in
> Internet Explorer that I remembered enabling about a week ago.  Look under
> Tools, Internet Options and click on the Advanced tab.  Scroll down the
list
> and look for "Security".  Uncheck the setting that says "Do not save
> encrypted pages to disk".
>
> I hope that works for you.  It may even help with other statement download
> problems.
>
> Scott

Outlook locks up and downloads 2mb on dial up.
Every time on dialup to exchange 5.5 server with outlook 2000 it locks up and downloads 2mb before unlocking. This is not downloading a message it happens on multiple machines. please help ...

Downloading More Than 1000 Headers
Using OE6 is there a way to download more than 1000 headers at one time? Thanks, John This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outl...

How do I get MS Converter (download) to convert a Quatro V9 file?
I have downloaded the MS converter and installed it in MS Office folder. I am trying to convert a Quatro V. 9 (Word Perfect 2000) file. I am using Excel 2003 and have tried to open the file. It does not recognize the file format and does not appear to even look for the file conversion utility? Any help out there? ...

Is it possible to display only non-CRM tasks in Outlook?
G'Day all, I have a client who in Outlook has a mixture of CRM generated tasks and his own created tasks. Within the Outlook task panel he would like to only show either the CRM generated tasks or only the tasks he created (non-CRM tasks). I have looked at a number of task fields in outlook but have not been able to find any that identify a task as having been created by Microsoft CRM (using the theory that I could create a filtered view of tasks) Does anybody have any suggestions? Thanks Justin Yes, there is a field within the Outlook task object that tracks the CRM id "c...

Bulk Email: Outlook client:"Direct email via Mail Merge is off".
I am trying to test bulk email before a big demo. I am following along the task list provided by John O'Donnell in another discussion. When I click to distribute the activity (launched from Outlook) I get a message box that states "Direct email via mail merge is off. The activity cannot be distributed. Please contact your system administrator." I am using the CRM 3.0 VPC. What do I need to do to enable email via mail merge? CRM settings? Or other settings? Thank you in advance. Ensure the "Microsoft CRM Bulk E-mail Service" is running (and is set to automat...

Files to download!
I want to place files on my web-unit created in the program "Publisher", that them could download the visitors. How it can be made? Publishing Web sites http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH063577001033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Charley" <Charley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:461B7DD5-5958-499A-9579-877F4B407ECB@microsoft.com... >I want to place files on my web-unit created in the program "Publisher", that > them could download the visi...

Excel file downloaded via web
Hi, I downloaded an excel file from an .asp web page internet site. Once in local mode, this strange thing appens: all the cells, that contains data and numbers at video, seem to be empty when I try to edit a formula (e.s. Sum, Sort ...). Office version is the same on all machines (Office 2K sr1 9.0.3821 with no service packs), installed on Win2k Pro SP4.The most strange thing is that on some desktops with WinXP Pro in the same network environment, the file seems to work perfectly. Any suggestions, please? Thanks ...

When I download template where should it be downloaded to and sav.
I just found the MS Office Online site and want to download some Word and Excel templates. But I don't know where to download the templates to or where to save them to after they are downloaded. Can anyone tell me? Thanks. Normaly your templates should be in a directiry that you find in documents andsettings/yourname/apllication data/microsoft/templates When you load then you can copy them to this directory and all is done. Greetings from Brussels Belgium Dejola wrote: > I just found the MS Office Online site and want to download some Word and > Excel templates. But I don&#...

Transaction download problems
When I download from my bank there are several payees that always match to another payee but it is not the right one. For example JewelOsco grocery store always downloads as National Life. Both of these are active accounts. I also have a problem where a payee has completely disappeared and all of the data associated with it. I am the only user so it was not deleted by me. I continue to have problems with this particular payee - it is Marshall Fields but it has evaporated - any help appreciated. In microsoft.public.money, Bob wrote: >When I download from my bank there are seve...

Money 2005
I have used Money since version 2002 and upgraded to 2003, 2004 but I am having problems with 2005. I have two American Express accounts - one for me and for my wife. When I ask Money to update the transactions with the update function it states that it is updating the account with transacitons. After the update I see no transactions downloaded. Now if I go to the American Express site directly and then open an oxf.ofx file (Open Financial Exchange File) it seems to work fine. I get the pop-up box "import complete". The transactions are downloaded fine. How do I get this...

Download OE 6
I am running Win 98 and O E 5. There is a problem with O E 5 which I cannot fix so I am trying to download 0 E 6. Once the download is compltete I get a message Q174360 so I am unable to open the file. I also get a message saying that another version is pending so I need to reboot but after reboot I still do not have O E 6. What can I do. Les wrote: > I am running Win 98 and O E 5. > There is a problem with O E 5 which I cannot fix so I am > trying to download 0 E 6. > > Once the download is compltete I get a message Q174360 so > I am unable to open the file. > >...

Outlook Connector downloading blank emails for those moved from in
I view my hotmail emails in Outlook, and regularly move those I want to keep into files I have created within Outlook. On the Windows Live Hotmail website they remain in my inbox. Recently I noticed that when I look at my Outlook inbox there are dozens of items that show as blank headers, and are completely blank when you open them. The only thing they show is the date they were received, and the ison whether they were read, forwarded, replied to etc. By comparing with the Windows Live Hotmail website I have worked out that these "blank" emails are the ones I ha...

Possible to do a calc on certain rows?
Hi all, In 23 days time I am off around the world for 10 years. I have a pal TX and have found that I can use excel spread sheets. I already have budget set in MS ACCESS that is accessable online, but I would like budget in Excel so I can keep up to date as we travel around. In my budget I have the following columns (A1) Type (food, accommodation) (B1)Price (c1)Days (d1)Place then the following rows have the main information (A2)accommodation (B2)100.00 (c2)2 (d2)Auckland (A3) food (B3)60 (c3)2 (d3)Auckland (A4)Sightseeing (B4)40 (c4)1 (d4)North Shore Now is it possible to do somet...

downloading
how do i download microsoft access because i need it for school to do databse You need to purchase it: it's not a free download. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "stacy keir" <stacy keir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B4BF3DA2-FFFD-4FAF-9D94-8586E096DA95@microsoft.com... > how do i download microsoft access because i need it for school to do > databse "stacy keir" <stacy keir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B4BF3DA2-FFFD-4FAF-9D94-8586E096DA95@microso...

Conditional Formating multible if statements
In CF condition 1 I have Formula is =IF(v11=TODAY(),X11="") format is RED. In condition 2 my formula is IF(V11=TODAY()+3,X11="") format is YELLOW. Columns V11=Date Due and X11=Date Complete This CF works until I found out in some cases I can't put a date completed because I am waiting customer authorization, so I started entering pending and when I did that the CF went to the default. What I want to know is if I enter pending in X11 can I still apply the above conditions until I enter a date in the date completed column? I am not sure why your existing equations...

MSMoney,Categories,Downloads
I just got a trial copy of MS Money and downloaded my credit card transactions. I want to assign a category to each entry and know how to open each item and click on a chosen category, which it records. What I would like to know is - can I get Money to remember the category for a specific company. For an example, if I make a purchase on my credit card to Target and I download it from my bank, I would like Money to automatically remember that it goes into the Clothing category without me having to select it from the drop down list. Will MS Money do this? Thanks in advance, Richar...

dowloading statements over-writes check number
I'm using checks with 5 digit check numbers... money is downloading information and over-writing the check numbers - who's fool idea was that anyway? - so I have probably 100 'check 2410's in my file... I want the system to automatically match transactions when I download my statements, but i don't want it to over-write the check number! How do i stop this? Probably the bank's. But you also elected to accept that their data would be better than garbage when you decided that downloading transaction data was the way to go. "bigjohn" <bigjohn@discuss...

Download calendar error
In attempting to download a calendar template, which I have sucessfully previously, I get the message "error on page" and I'm unable to download the template. Help! Empty your temporary cache, in Internet Explorer, tools, Internet Options, delete files. If this doesn't solve your issue... For some reason, in the past six weeks or so, some folks are having problems with the Media web site. There are suggestions here: http://msauer.mvps.org/clip_organizer_support.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com ...

I download, accept, and the it downloads again
When I download from Capital One, I am notified that I have statements to read. I go into the account, and accept them (there are two). The next time I open Money, it automatically downloads the same two items. So, the last time I used Money, I decided to just keep them as new, and not Accept them. Sure enough, today when I connected, it downloaded them again, so now I have 2 of each new item. Does anyone know of a fix for this? Thanks... jbryant789 I have this exact same problem with all of my accounts. I have had a support case opened since 09/21... no fix yet. They keep getti...

Excel Download #3
Please help! I'm a big dummy when it comes to computers. I have windows Xp Home Addition and I need Excel to open a spread sheet that was sent to me. Is there such a thing as a free download just for Excel. Thank you Hi you have to buy Excel. Though you may tzy the free Excel viewer: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=4eb83149-91da- 4110-8595-4a960d3e1c7c&displaylang=en -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "alms" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:2ffc01c4c131$1236dc40$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Please help...

Unwanted 2006 Transactions Downloaded
When I perform a download into my Money file, I get a bunch of 2006 transactions that I don't want and have to manualy delete them. I recently updated my Money file to only contain 2007 tranactions for the new year. Is there any way to not get the annoying 2006 transactions? <shoeheel@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1171734703.761739.226680@p10g2000cwp.googlegroups.com... > Is there any way to not get the annoying 2006 transactions? That probably depends on your bank. I suspect the answer is no. -- Chris Cowles Gainesville, FL You did an archive, right? At some point,...

Price update downloads
My price updates stopped in Nov03. I upgraded to M2004 Deluxe [purchased the CD] in Sep04. I've been running M since 1998 with frequent upgrades. I understand from previous posts on this forum that Microsoft now time limits the price updates. But -- why did I only get 3 month's worth? -- Mike mloy@citadelenterprises.com I'll assume you meant you purchased M04 in Sep03 and only got quotes with this version until Nov03. There is probably something else going on with networking or firewall setup or what not. M quotes have been less than 100% available/reliable for some time no...

downloading
downloading anything, how can you tell if it's free? christine hobson wrote: > downloading anything, how can you tell if it's free? Were you asked for a credit card number before you were allowed to download? Sites that charge you to obtain their content usually make you subscribe to their site to access their downloads. Otherwise, all other downloads are always free (well, if you don't take into account some nebulous accounting to allocate some portion of your cost to have Internet access to do the downloads). Some downloads are trial versions that only run...

MSMoney not downloading
I have read in this NG that MSM on WEB will not download after 1 or 2 years. I have been using "Money 2003 Standard" for some time, over 2 years. It still works. But for how long? Does this mean that after a year or two I will not be able to download bank account information as the accounts are bank updated day to day? Thanks! ...

Help me about the solution of limited big message when downloading email of MS O
Our customer company had a mail server (MS Exchange server). One of users had a problem. He use MS Outlook to check his email on his laptop. Everything is OK in Vungtau site with fast speed of connection. But when he go to the other sites with low speed of connection or when he try to dial up into access server to check email, he had a problem with big size's email. At that time, MS Outlook was vey low to download big email even though it hung up sometimes. Now he ask me how not to download big size's email when he come to sites with low speed of connection or when he dia...