Downloading from my bank

I posted this in another community but I think it was the wrong place, so
sorry if you've seen this before:

I think this is really basic but I can't figure it out-- the bank I use is
NOT listed as one of the banks that sync with Money, but I thought there was
still a way to get my transactions into Money without manually entering them.
 Is this true?  If so, how?

0
jpasmith (6)
9/15/2006 2:31:03 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, jpasmith wrote:

>I posted this in another community but I think it was the wrong place, so
>sorry if you've seen this before:
>
>I think this is really basic but I can't figure it out-- the bank I use is
>NOT listed as one of the banks that sync with Money, but I thought there was
>still a way to get my transactions into Money without manually entering them.
> Is this true?  If so, how?

1. Check your bank's website to see if it has downloads available.
Banks with such a capability can be on the Microsoft list or not.
Money can accept OFX, QIF and usually even QFX files.

2. Select a different bank.

3. **********
0
via_newsgroup (13113)
9/15/2006 2:41:42 PM
jpasmith,

Check your banks website for FAQ's regarding online banking and downloading
into MS Money.

If it's available, the FAQ's should fully describe what you can expect.

Hope this helps.

-Kevin
"jpasmith" <jpasmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I posted this in another community but I think it was the wrong place, so
> sorry if you've seen this before:
>
> I think this is really basic but I can't figure it out-- the bank I use is
> NOT listed as one of the banks that sync with Money, but I thought there
> was
> still a way to get my transactions into Money without manually entering
> them.
> Is this true?  If so, how?

0
nospam7515 (2086)
9/15/2006 3:05:12 PM
Thanks for the response.  I live in a small, rural community and the folks at
the bank are unfamiliar with how to download into Money.  They do say that
they can produce a QIF file.  Once I get that downloaded, how do I get Money
to import that?

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, jpasmith wrote:
>
> >I posted this in another community but I think it was the wrong place, so
> >sorry if you've seen this before:
> >
> >I think this is really basic but I can't figure it out-- the bank I use is
> >NOT listed as one of the banks that sync with Money, but I thought there was
> >still a way to get my transactions into Money without manually entering them.
> > Is this true?  If so, how?
>
> 1. Check your bank's website to see if it has downloads available.
> Banks with such a capability can be on the Microsoft list or not.
> Money can accept OFX, QIF and usually even QFX files.
>
> 2. Select a different bank.
>
> 3. **********

0
jpasmith (6)
9/15/2006 4:12:02 PM
In microsoft.public.money, jpasmith wrote:

>Thanks for the response.  I live in a small, rural community and the folks at
>the bank are unfamiliar with how to download into Money.  They do say that
>they can produce a QIF file.  Once I get that downloaded, how do I get Money
>to import that?

That should work nicely. There are two ways.

By default after install of Microsoft Money, the *.QIF filetype will
be associated with Money. So if you launch/run the file from the web
site, Money will end up with the file.

Alternatively, get the file onto your disk. Then
File->Import->ImportStatement from within Money, or double-click
that file from Windows Explorer.

>"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, jpasmith wrote:
>>
>> >I posted this in another community but I think it was the wrong place, so
>> >sorry if you've seen this before:
>> >
>> >I think this is really basic but I can't figure it out-- the bank I use is
>> >NOT listed as one of the banks that sync with Money, but I thought there was
>> >still a way to get my transactions into Money without manually entering them.
>> > Is this true?  If so, how?
>>
>> 1. Check your bank's website to see if it has downloads available.
>> Banks with such a capability can be on the Microsoft list or not.
>> Money can accept OFX, QIF and usually even QFX files.
>>
>> 2. Select a different bank.
>>
>> 3. **********

0
via_newsgroup (13113)

Outlook locks up and downloads 2mb on dial up.
Every time on dialup to exchange 5.5 server with outlook 2000 it locks up and downloads 2mb before unlocking. This is not downloading a message it happens on multiple machines. please help ...

Downloading More Than 1000 Headers
Using OE6 is there a way to download more than 1000 headers at one time? Thanks, John This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outl...

How do I get MS Converter (download) to convert a Quatro V9 file?
I have downloaded the MS converter and installed it in MS Office folder. I am trying to convert a Quatro V. 9 (Word Perfect 2000) file. I am using Excel 2003 and have tried to open the file. It does not recognize the file format and does not appear to even look for the file conversion utility? Any help out there? ...

Files to download!
I want to place files on my web-unit created in the program "Publisher", that them could download the visitors. How it can be made? Publishing Web sites http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH063577001033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Charley" <Charley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:461B7DD5-5958-499A-9579-877F4B407ECB@microsoft.com... >I want to place files on my web-unit created in the program "Publisher", that > them could download the visi...

Excel file downloaded via web
Hi, I downloaded an excel file from an .asp web page internet site. Once in local mode, this strange thing appens: all the cells, that contains data and numbers at video, seem to be empty when I try to edit a formula (e.s. Sum, Sort ...). Office version is the same on all machines (Office 2K sr1 9.0.3821 with no service packs), installed on Win2k Pro SP4.The most strange thing is that on some desktops with WinXP Pro in the same network environment, the file seems to work perfectly. Any suggestions, please? Thanks ...

When I download template where should it be downloaded to and sav.
I just found the MS Office Online site and want to download some Word and Excel templates. But I don't know where to download the templates to or where to save them to after they are downloaded. Can anyone tell me? Thanks. Normaly your templates should be in a directiry that you find in documents andsettings/yourname/apllication data/microsoft/templates When you load then you can copy them to this directory and all is done. Greetings from Brussels Belgium Dejola wrote: > I just found the MS Office Online site and want to download some Word and > Excel templates. But I don&#...

Transaction download problems
When I download from my bank there are several payees that always match to another payee but it is not the right one. For example JewelOsco grocery store always downloads as National Life. Both of these are active accounts. I also have a problem where a payee has completely disappeared and all of the data associated with it. I am the only user so it was not deleted by me. I continue to have problems with this particular payee - it is Marshall Fields but it has evaporated - any help appreciated. In microsoft.public.money, Bob wrote: >When I download from my bank there are seve...

Money 2005
I have used Money since version 2002 and upgraded to 2003, 2004 but I am having problems with 2005. I have two American Express accounts - one for me and for my wife. When I ask Money to update the transactions with the update function it states that it is updating the account with transacitons. After the update I see no transactions downloaded. Now if I go to the American Express site directly and then open an oxf.ofx file (Open Financial Exchange File) it seems to work fine. I get the pop-up box "import complete". The transactions are downloaded fine. How do I get this...

Download OE 6
I am running Win 98 and O E 5. There is a problem with O E 5 which I cannot fix so I am trying to download 0 E 6. Once the download is compltete I get a message Q174360 so I am unable to open the file. I also get a message saying that another version is pending so I need to reboot but after reboot I still do not have O E 6. What can I do. Les wrote: > I am running Win 98 and O E 5. > There is a problem with O E 5 which I cannot fix so I am > trying to download 0 E 6. > > Once the download is compltete I get a message Q174360 so > I am unable to open the file. > >...

downloading
how do i download microsoft access because i need it for school to do databse You need to purchase it: it's not a free download. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "stacy keir" <stacy keir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B4BF3DA2-FFFD-4FAF-9D94-8586E096DA95@microsoft.com... > how do i download microsoft access because i need it for school to do > databse "stacy keir" <stacy keir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B4BF3DA2-FFFD-4FAF-9D94-8586E096DA95@microso...

Bank account
I have tried umpteen times with Microsoft Money to access my bank accounts online and each time I'm told that MS Money is unable to do it. At this point I am only using the Trial version of MS Money and I don't think I'll be buying it. I resent that Microsoft wants to charge an exorbinant amount each time I want support for their products. Too bad there isn't real competition for Microsoft. Why do you think there isn't "real competition" for Money? Or do you mean Microsoft in general? -- Michael Gordon MVP "tcup" <tcup@discussions.micros...

Outlook Connector downloading blank emails for those moved from in
I view my hotmail emails in Outlook, and regularly move those I want to keep into files I have created within Outlook. On the Windows Live Hotmail website they remain in my inbox. Recently I noticed that when I look at my Outlook inbox there are dozens of items that show as blank headers, and are completely blank when you open them. The only thing they show is the date they were received, and the ison whether they were read, forwarded, replied to etc. By comparing with the Windows Live Hotmail website I have worked out that these "blank" emails are the ones I ha...

Beeping sound when clicking Banking page items
I have Money Plus Deluxe, version 17.0.120.1415, installed on Vista Home Premium SP1. Every time I am on the "Banking" page, and I click ANY item, an account link, an account line, a subtotal line, or a header line, I get a default windows beep. To be clear, I am not receiving the BIOS beep. This doesn't happen under any other page in any other part of money. When I change sounds to a different sound, it still does the same thing. I've reinstalled money and still no success. Finally, I set up a test windows user account, reinstalled money, and then opened my money file ...

MSMoney,Categories,Downloads
I just got a trial copy of MS Money and downloaded my credit card transactions. I want to assign a category to each entry and know how to open each item and click on a chosen category, which it records. What I would like to know is - can I get Money to remember the category for a specific company. For an example, if I make a purchase on my credit card to Target and I download it from my bank, I would like Money to automatically remember that it goes into the Clothing category without me having to select it from the drop down list. Will MS Money do this? Thanks in advance, Richar...

US Bank accounts not updating
Hi, I setup Money a few days ago and signed up through US Bank for Money updates on Sunday. On Monday evening when I added US Bank my accounts from there showed up. I select "Last 60 Days" of transactions but my accounts show a zero balance and no transactions. When I updated today, it said "Update successful" but still no transactions or balance. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? Should I remove the accounts and add them again? Thanks for the help, RW ...

Download calendar error
In attempting to download a calendar template, which I have sucessfully previously, I get the message "error on page" and I'm unable to download the template. Help! Empty your temporary cache, in Internet Explorer, tools, Internet Options, delete files. If this doesn't solve your issue... For some reason, in the past six weeks or so, some folks are having problems with the Media web site. There are suggestions here: http://msauer.mvps.org/clip_organizer_support.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com ...

I download, accept, and the it downloads again
When I download from Capital One, I am notified that I have statements to read. I go into the account, and accept them (there are two). The next time I open Money, it automatically downloads the same two items. So, the last time I used Money, I decided to just keep them as new, and not Accept them. Sure enough, today when I connected, it downloaded them again, so now I have 2 of each new item. Does anyone know of a fix for this? Thanks... jbryant789 I have this exact same problem with all of my accounts. I have had a support case opened since 09/21... no fix yet. They keep getti...

Excel Download #3
Please help! I'm a big dummy when it comes to computers. I have windows Xp Home Addition and I need Excel to open a spread sheet that was sent to me. Is there such a thing as a free download just for Excel. Thank you Hi you have to buy Excel. Though you may tzy the free Excel viewer: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=4eb83149-91da- 4110-8595-4a960d3e1c7c&displaylang=en -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "alms" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:2ffc01c4c131$1236dc40$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Please help...

Unwanted 2006 Transactions Downloaded
When I perform a download into my Money file, I get a bunch of 2006 transactions that I don't want and have to manualy delete them. I recently updated my Money file to only contain 2007 tranactions for the new year. Is there any way to not get the annoying 2006 transactions? <shoeheel@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1171734703.761739.226680@p10g2000cwp.googlegroups.com... > Is there any way to not get the annoying 2006 transactions? That probably depends on your bank. I suspect the answer is no. -- Chris Cowles Gainesville, FL You did an archive, right? At some point,...

Price update downloads
My price updates stopped in Nov03. I upgraded to M2004 Deluxe [purchased the CD] in Sep04. I've been running M since 1998 with frequent upgrades. I understand from previous posts on this forum that Microsoft now time limits the price updates. But -- why did I only get 3 month's worth? -- Mike mloy@citadelenterprises.com I'll assume you meant you purchased M04 in Sep03 and only got quotes with this version until Nov03. There is probably something else going on with networking or firewall setup or what not. M quotes have been less than 100% available/reliable for some time no...

downloading
downloading anything, how can you tell if it's free? christine hobson wrote: > downloading anything, how can you tell if it's free? Were you asked for a credit card number before you were allowed to download? Sites that charge you to obtain their content usually make you subscribe to their site to access their downloads. Otherwise, all other downloads are always free (well, if you don't take into account some nebulous accounting to allocate some portion of your cost to have Internet access to do the downloads). Some downloads are trial versions that only run...

Setting up multiple accounts with same bank
I have 2 accounts at ING Direct. I'm able to set up one (named Savings) with no problem. However, when I try to set up the second (Banking tab -> Add New Account -> Banking account radio button -> I -> ING Direct), I go through the same process as I did when setting up the first account but when I get back to the account list, I see only one ING Direct account and it is again named "ING DIRECT Bank Banking", which is what the name of the account was before renaming to "Savings". What's the deal? Why can I not set up an additional account with t...

MSMoney not downloading
I have read in this NG that MSM on WEB will not download after 1 or 2 years. I have been using "Money 2003 Standard" for some time, over 2 years. It still works. But for how long? Does this mean that after a year or two I will not be able to download bank account information as the accounts are bank updated day to day? Thanks! ...

Help me about the solution of limited big message when downloading email of MS O
Our customer company had a mail server (MS Exchange server). One of users had a problem. He use MS Outlook to check his email on his laptop. Everything is OK in Vungtau site with fast speed of connection. But when he go to the other sites with low speed of connection or when he try to dial up into access server to check email, he had a problem with big size's email. At that time, MS Outlook was vey low to download big email even though it hung up sometimes. Now he ask me how not to download big size's email when he come to sites with low speed of connection or when he dia...

Downloaded trial version of Publisher 2007
I have downloaded the trial version of Publisher 2007 but am not able to create a document or modify it in any way. I'm on a timeline - HELP! -- Bryan arcticmonkey wrote: > I have downloaded the trial version of Publisher 2007 but am not able to > create a document or modify it in any way. I'm on a timeline - HELP! You have to activate the trial version to bring it out of reduced functionality mode. If you've already activated it and the trial has expired (30 days, I believe), then you have to buy the product. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mv...