Downloading Account Information to 2007

I just set up 2007 to download my account information from Schwab and it
went pretty well.  My question is, the next time I download, will it
download from the last download or will it overlap and download duplicate
information from the previous download.  I think I set my first download to
give me 30 or 60 days worth of transactions, I don't remember.  What happens
the next time I download?
Thanks

--
David Schwartz
Commack, NY

0
who4ever (59)
3/9/2007 4:22:20 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

It's supposed to just download new data, David -- in other words, from the
last download. I've been using Schwab for a while now and there are very few
hiccups.

--
Michael Gordon

"David Schwartz" <who4ever@optonline.net> wrote in message

> I just set up 2007 to download my account information from Schwab and it
> went pretty well.  My question is, the next time I download, will it
> download from the last download or will it overlap and download duplicate
> information from the previous download.  I think I set my first download
> to give me 30 or 60 days worth of transactions, I don't remember.  What
> happens the next time I download?
> Thanks
>
> --
> David Schwartz
> Commack, NY

0
gordonm (1013)
3/10/2007 4:30:20 PM
i could be wrong, but I believe that the actual download will overlap BUT
the import of the download into Money will recognized that the transactions
have already been entered and will not duplicate them.
--
Peace,
BobJ

"Michael Gordon" <gordonm@denison.edu> wrote in message
> It's supposed to just download new data, David -- in other words, from the
> last download. I've been using Schwab for a while now and there are very
> few hiccups.
>
> --
> Michael Gordon
>

> "David Schwartz" <who4ever@optonline.net> wrote in message
>>
>> I just set up 2007 to download my account information from Schwab and it
>> went pretty well.  My question is, the next time I download, will it
>> download from the last download or will it overlap and download duplicate
>> information from the previous download.  I think I set my first download
>> to give me 30 or 60 days worth of transactions, I don't remember.  What
>> happens the next time I download?
>> Thanks
>>
>> --
>> David Schwartz
>> Commack, NY

0
Privacy1 (389)
3/11/2007 3:45:25 AM
Thank you

"Michael Gordon" <gordonm@denison.edu> wrote in message
> It's supposed to just download new data, David -- in other words, from the
> last download. I've been using Schwab for a while now and there are very
> few hiccups.
>
> --
> Michael Gordon
>

> "David Schwartz" <who4ever@optonline.net> wrote in message
>>
>> I just set up 2007 to download my account information from Schwab and it
>> went pretty well.  My question is, the next time I download, will it
>> download from the last download or will it overlap and download duplicate
>> information from the previous download.  I think I set my first download
>> to give me 30 or 60 days worth of transactions, I don't remember.  What
>> happens the next time I download?
>> Thanks
>>
>> --
>> David Schwartz
>> Commack, NY

0
who4ever (59)
3/11/2007 5:17:06 AM
Thank you

"Marilyn & Bob" <Privacy@nospam.please> wrote in message
>i could be wrong, but I believe that the actual download will overlap BUT
>the import of the download into Money will recognized that the transactions
>have already been entered and will not duplicate them.
> --
> Peace,
> BobJ
>
> "Michael Gordon" <gordonm@denison.edu> wrote in message
>> It's supposed to just download new data, David -- in other words, from
>> the last download. I've been using Schwab for a while now and there are
>> very few hiccups.
>>
>> --
>> Michael Gordon
>>

>> "David Schwartz" <who4ever@optonline.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> I just set up 2007 to download my account information from Schwab and it
>>> went pretty well.  My question is, the next time I download, will it
>>> download from the last download or will it overlap and download
>>> duplicate information from the previous download.  I think I set my
>>> first download to give me 30 or 60 days worth of transactions, I don't
>>> remember.  What happens the next time I download?
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> --
>>> David Schwartz
>>> Commack, NY

0
who4ever (59)
3/11/2007 5:17:15 AM
I think you are wrong, Bob -- you can configure Money so it creates (and
keeps) a log of the transaction, which is based on a couple of exchanges
between the provider (the FI) and the client (Money). If you examine the
log, you see that the exchange begins with the date of the last download and
the FI is supposed to go from there. There have been problems where that
date was in the future, with the result that nothing was downloaded.

--
Michael Gordon

"Marilyn & Bob" <Privacy@nospam.please> wrote in message
>i could be wrong, but I believe that the actual download will overlap BUT
>the import of the download into Money will recognized that the transactions
>have already been entered and will not duplicate them.
> --
> Peace,
> BobJ
>
> "Michael Gordon" <gordonm@denison.edu> wrote in message
>> It's supposed to just download new data, David -- in other words, from
>> the last download. I've been using Schwab for a while now and there are
>> very few hiccups.
>>
>> --
>> Michael Gordon
>>

>> "David Schwartz" <who4ever@optonline.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> I just set up 2007 to download my account information from Schwab and it
>>> went pretty well.  My question is, the next time I download, will it
>>> download from the last download or will it overlap and download
>>> duplicate information from the previous download.  I think I set my
>>> first download to give me 30 or 60 days worth of transactions, I don't
>>> remember.  What happens the next time I download?
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> --
>>> David Schwartz
>>> Commack, NY

0
gordonm (1013)

After upgade Loan account is now a credit card account
I have 4 accounts with our credit union most converted okay from Money 2006 to money plus 2 accounts 1-car loan 1- RV loan became credit accounts how do I change this back to a loan account? If I delete the account it wants to delete ALL my credit union accounts. thanks Jeff Found the problem....... "JG" <jlgs1947@fairpoint.net> wrote in message news:hMednYGRk7FKIpranZ2dnUVZ_sKqnZ2d@neonova.net... >I have 4 accounts with our credit union most converted okay from Money 2006 >to money plus > 2 accounts 1-car loan 1- RV loan became credit accounts how do I change...

Outlook locks up and downloads 2mb on dial up.
Every time on dialup to exchange 5.5 server with outlook 2000 it locks up and downloads 2mb before unlocking. This is not downloading a message it happens on multiple machines. please help ...

A temporary TEMP account is produced on occassion
Using XP Home SP3, fully patched and clean system (virus and 5 malware scanners used regularly and nothing found). I have noticed this problem happen 3 times so far (approx 2 months between occurrences on average). The problem is: A user on our PC logs into his/her account and a temporary account is generated on that occasion. I know about this problem as I have had to deal with someone else's PC where I had to port across all the files from their old account to a newly created account as a temporary profile had been produced. When I look in Documents And Settings when...

Finalizing the concurrent processing of current accounts with new Windows Live accounts.
Running OL2007 under Vista Home Premium SP2. My current domain is ATT.net with four accounts, and I'm switching to Live.com with corresponding accounts. Once I get Live working, I intend to have an overlap period where both are active, and ATT mail will get forwarded to Live (rather than make send/receive handle eight accounts.) With ATT, I take advantage of the Outlook (OL) feature that moves individual account mail to specified inboxes. I'll do the same with Live going to the same inboxes. At the start of the overlap period, I'll send out the change of address...

Can't open Outlook 2000 pst file in Outlook 2007
Hi I'm unable to import Outlook 2000 archived pst file into Office 2007 after upgrading my laptop to Vista from XP and Microsoft Office to 2007 from 2000. The attempt to open the pst file fails with the message: "File access denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file." As far as I know, no passwords apply to the file, and when I click on Properties/Security it shows to allow full access. Does anyone know how I can import my old Outlook folder? Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Sam how did you move it to the vista machine? is...

How do I get MS Converter (download) to convert a Quatro V9 file?
I have downloaded the MS converter and installed it in MS Office folder. I am trying to convert a Quatro V. 9 (Word Perfect 2000) file. I am using Excel 2003 and have tried to open the file. It does not recognize the file format and does not appear to even look for the file conversion utility? Any help out there? ...

reconciling checkbook balance to gl cash account
My adjusted bank balance does not tie to my gl cash account balance or check register. I only make entries to the the account through CRM and Sales. What would cause it to be off? -- Rick Have all bank rec adjustments been posted? Verify all entries to the gl are CRM and Sales - in the Inquiry > Financial > Detail. You can quickly search for a specific entry type by using the Source Document filter. When we are out of balance we can usually find a GL entry or two. If you have had any voids, trace them through the gl and checkbook and make sure they "hit" everywhere ...

Downloading More Than 1000 Headers
Using OE6 is there a way to download more than 1000 headers at one time? Thanks, John This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outl...

DPM 2007 SP1 to DPM 2010 RC Client Update Fail
I did an inplace upgrade on Server 2008 R2 from DPM 2007 SP1 to DPM2010 RC. Afterward all clients reported 'Needs Updating' and after clicking the 'Update Available' link, I am prompted to confirm that I want to. Immeadiately, I am presented with an error 'Some protection agents cannot be updated from the DPM Console'. ID: 32543 It does this for all the agents. Clients, Servers, etc. I forgot to mention that a manual update on the client works just fine. "PureHylian" wrote: > I did an inplace upgrade on Server 2008 R2 from DPM 2007 S...

Money 2005
(Sorry for the duplicate post "Money 2005" - I fat-fingered it) I have used Money 2003 for 2 years now. I did not use ANY of the online features nor did I have a .NET Passport. I just purchased Money 2005. I took my existing .mny file and converted it for use in Money 2005. I tried to get the online services part working, but if you look at my previous posts, I have run into some really big problems with it. Anyway, as part of this upgrade I created a .NET Passport. Then I read that this puts account information and transaction detail online with MSN. I DO NOT WANT THIS! How...

Outlook 2007
Hi, On a local lan, outlook 2007 connecting to Exchange 2003. If the network connection is lost between the workstation and the exchange server and outlook is running and connected to the exchange server when the connection re-establishes (no regard for duration, quick or long) then outlook will NOT correct itself and reconnect. A white screen shows and you have to "force" a close and re-open. Any ideas on why this happens or is this just a product flaw? Thanks in advance, George Hi George, I'm getting same experience, I'm trying to analze what is causing it, certa...

Dates show up as a 5 digit number in Excel 2007
I have this spreadsheet in which column A contains dates entered in the format 11/16 which, heretofore, has resulted in a cell readout of 16 Nov, or perhaps 16-Nov. Now, all of a sudden, the cells in column A have 5 digit numbers. Oddly enough, the value in the formula bar still shows a valid date readout. Also, when you place your cursor over a cell in column A, it displays a valid date. Example, cell A1 displays a value of 40127 while the formula bar displays 11/10/2009. I have tried highlighting the column and changing the format without success. I was unable to fig...

Double accounting underline
I am trying to double underline a range of cells so that the underline fills the width of the cell. I followed Excel Help instructions as follows: -You can apply a different style of underline, such as a double underline or a single or double accounting underline (an underline that fills the width of a cell). On the Format menu, click Cells. On the Font tab, select the style that you want in the Underline box.- However, when I followed the above instructions, it did not fill the "width" of the cell. What am I doing wrong? -- Jessee ------------------------------------------...

Savings account management
Can I use Money to "split" transfers into a savings account linked to Money to track totals for specific savings goals? Similar to a split transaction but without hitting income? To display subtotals of the bank total into my groups? Hello, I'm not a real experienced user, but I will take a stab at this one. Would it be sufficient to you to create a subcategory of Income/Interest (or transfers, however you want to categorize the transactions) that you can view through a report? You could use your custom (sub)category when you split the transactions. You might not get th...

Files to download!
I want to place files on my web-unit created in the program "Publisher", that them could download the visitors. How it can be made? Publishing Web sites http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH063577001033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Charley" <Charley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:461B7DD5-5958-499A-9579-877F4B407ECB@microsoft.com... >I want to place files on my web-unit created in the program "Publisher", that > them could download the visi...

Analytical accounting posted entries details are missing
Hi All, We have posted a purchasing transaction entry with dimension codes. After posted this in general ledger we are not able to view the dimension details in Journal entry inquiry. We found in backend tables(AAG3000X) are missing the same. This is not only happening in purchasing module, it is happening for all modules even entries which are posted directly in GL. We are using GP 10 with SP1 and SQL Server 2005 SP2. Please guide me to solve this issue. Hi Jay, Have you deployed AA to all computers with GP? Is this happening all the time or intermittently? Init...

Cannot export Access 2007 reports to Excel 2007
I would really like to know whose bright idea it was to get rid of this feature in Access 2007. In Access 2002 and Access 2003, I created so many reports (Crosstab in particular with many many calculated fields that I could not do in the query) and have a macro export to excel with all the calculated fields and a parameter to pick the beginning date and the ending date from the reports that is THEN linked to another Excel spreadsheet that creates charts with automatic updates. Several of those spreadsheets have arrays that create charts when the data changes each month to more or less ...

Excel file downloaded via web
Hi, I downloaded an excel file from an .asp web page internet site. Once in local mode, this strange thing appens: all the cells, that contains data and numbers at video, seem to be empty when I try to edit a formula (e.s. Sum, Sort ...). Office version is the same on all machines (Office 2K sr1 9.0.3821 with no service packs), installed on Win2k Pro SP4.The most strange thing is that on some desktops with WinXP Pro in the same network environment, the file seems to work perfectly. Any suggestions, please? Thanks ...

Closing/Opening Outlook 2007 PST File Loses Indexing
Using XP SP3 / WS 4.0 / O2007. I have several PSTs open in Outlook 2007 that are fully indexed by Windows Search 4.0. If I close them, and then later in another session reopen them, all indexing seemed to be lost and I can no longer search them until the index is built. Is this expected behavior? Is there any fix or workaround? Are they being closed cleanly or is Outlook repairing them on open? I've found that PST repairs typically caused reindexing "ajkessel" <ajkessel@gmail.com> wrote in message news:0d19da75-1277-4c42-99af-0314f3532bbb@b31g2000prb.googlegroups.com.....

Account Distribution in check printing
Hi I need to print Account Distribution along with the check; I am using 3 per page/No Stub check format. The way I am using for printing check is, from the payable transaction entry window itself. (On fly). Any idea? Thanks BS You should be able to pull on the accounts related to the transaction by modifying the report in Report Writer. I am not sure if it already has the table linked that contains the accounts but I am sure you could add the table if necessary. If you have access to CustomerSource then look it up in KnowledgeBase. "BS" wrote: > Hi > >...

Changing User Information without SA
Hello All, We're currently using GP 9.0 where I work (I'm the DBA) and we want to migrate these databases to a SQL 2005 cluster (these databases currently sit on a SQL 2000 stand-alone). These databases will be moving to cluster nodes that have other databases that are critical to our environment and we would like to limit the use of SA to strictly IT internally. My question: In PDK is there any way to allow GP users (employees) to modify other user information within the System -> User screen. For example: Someone logs in with their own GP account and wants to change tha...

When I download template where should it be downloaded to and sav.
I just found the MS Office Online site and want to download some Word and Excel templates. But I don't know where to download the templates to or where to save them to after they are downloaded. Can anyone tell me? Thanks. Normaly your templates should be in a directiry that you find in documents andsettings/yourname/apllication data/microsoft/templates When you load then you can copy them to this directory and all is done. Greetings from Brussels Belgium Dejola wrote: > I just found the MS Office Online site and want to download some Word and > Excel templates. But I don&#...

Gmail accounts
I have a couple of gmail accounts and set them up in the account list of Entourage 2008. It will create one set of inbox on the left pane. I do not want to have so many sets of accounts on the left pane but all incoming mails on My Computer only. Can someone advise me how to configure it. Thanks, Scott Hi Scott, delete your accounts, then recreate them as POP accounts instead of IMAP accounts; that way, all the messages will go into your local inbox. Keep in mind that there are a couple of disadvantages when it comes to using POP accounts (e.g. if you read a message vi...

Transaction download problems
When I download from my bank there are several payees that always match to another payee but it is not the right one. For example JewelOsco grocery store always downloads as National Life. Both of these are active accounts. I also have a problem where a payee has completely disappeared and all of the data associated with it. I am the only user so it was not deleted by me. I continue to have problems with this particular payee - it is Marshall Fields but it has evaporated - any help appreciated. In microsoft.public.money, Bob wrote: >When I download from my bank there are seve...

outlook 2007 email editor #2
is there any way to insert html code into an email message? specifically, i want to insert code that will display a paypal button. thanks, john Anyone have an answer to this question? Candy "A" wrote: > is there any way to insert html code into an email message? specifically, i > want to insert code that will display a paypal button. > > thanks, > john which version of outlook and which editor? it's often easier just to do it in an HTML editor and paste or insert the finished html. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003...