Downloaded payees automatically added to payee list

Please tell me that in Money 2006, Microsoft has finally fixed the bug
where the payees in my downloaded transactions are automatically added
to my payee list (this despite the fact that I've checked off the
option "Confirm new payees"). This alone would be worth the upgrade.

On the subject of 2006, does anyone know if Microsoft added the cookie
jar concept to accounts? The cookie jar allows you to squirrel money
away within an account.

TIA

0
10/13/2005 11:22:19 PM
money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

8 Replies
506 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 15

greg.block@gmail.com wrote:

>Please tell me that in Money 2006, Microsoft has finally fixed the bug
>where the payees in my downloaded transactions are automatically added
>to my payee list (this despite the fact that I've checked off the
>option "Confirm new payees"). This alone would be worth the upgrade.

Nope. Still broken, so every week I get to go back and delete those
numeric payees that come through the credit cards for gas, airline
tickets, etc.

>On the subject of 2006, does anyone know if Microsoft added the cookie
>jar concept to accounts? The cookie jar allows you to squirrel money
>away within an account.

I haven't seen anything like that in the week I've had it.
-- 
__________________________________________________________________________________
Ed Hansberry  (Please do *NOT* email me. Post here for the benefit of all)
What is on my Pocket PC? http://www.ehansberry.com/
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices   www.pocketpc.com
What is an MVP? - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
0
10/14/2005 12:00:22 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Ed Hansberry, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
wrote:

>
>Nope. Still broken, so every week I get to go back and delete those
>numeric payees that come through the credit cards for gas, airline
>tickets, etc.

The next time you do that, then set
Tools->Settings->OnlineServices->ShowStandardizedPayeeNames
0
via_newsgroup (13113)
10/14/2005 2:13:19 PM
via_newsgroup@please.tnx(Cal Learner-- MVP) wrote:

>In microsoft.public.money, Ed Hansberry, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
>wrote:
>
>>
>>Nope. Still broken, so every week I get to go back and delete those
>>numeric payees that come through the credit cards for gas, airline
>>tickets, etc.
>
>The next time you do that, then set
>Tools->Settings->OnlineServices->ShowStandardizedPayeeNames

I do that. THat isn't what I'm talking about.

Often (weekly) I get 2 line items per transaction. Gas stations are
particularly bad about it but there are others. Every time I buy
airline tickets I get charged for the ticket then get another
transaction called "Free life insurance for travelers" or some such
for $0.00. 

I delete that line, but "Free life insurance for travelers" gets added
as a payee in my database, which has no transactions and has to be
whacked.

Money shouldn't automatically add ANY payee with the setting mentioned
by the OP, yet it does.
-- 
__________________________________________________________________________________
Ed Hansberry  (Please do *NOT* email me. Post here for the benefit of all)
What is on my Pocket PC? http://www.ehansberry.com/
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices   www.pocketpc.com
What is an MVP? - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
0
10/14/2005 6:21:38 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Ed Hansberry, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
wrote:

>I do that. THat isn't what I'm talking about.
>
>Often (weekly) I get 2 line items per transaction. Gas stations are
>particularly bad about it but there are others. Every time I buy
>airline tickets I get charged for the ticket then get another
>transaction called "Free life insurance for travelers" or some such
>for $0.00. 
>
>I delete that line, but "Free life insurance for travelers" gets added
>as a payee in my database, which has no transactions and has to be
>whacked.

If Free life insurance for travelers recurs, you could add the term,
or pieces of the term, to Payee Rules Manager. If they change it
around, I see no workaround.

>
>Money shouldn't automatically add ANY payee with the setting mentioned
>by the OP, yet it does.

Agreed.
0
via_newsgroup (13113)
10/14/2005 6:32:52 PM
via_newsgroup@please.tnx(Cal Learner-- MVP) wrote:

>In microsoft.public.money, Ed Hansberry, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
>wrote:
>
>>I do that. THat isn't what I'm talking about.
>>
>>Often (weekly) I get 2 line items per transaction. Gas stations are
>>particularly bad about it but there are others. Every time I buy
>>airline tickets I get charged for the ticket then get another
>>transaction called "Free life insurance for travelers" or some such
>>for $0.00. 
>>
>>I delete that line, but "Free life insurance for travelers" gets added
>>as a payee in my database, which has no transactions and has to be
>>whacked.
>
>If Free life insurance for travelers recurs, you could add the term,
>or pieces of the term, to Payee Rules Manager. If they change it
>around, I see no workaround.

It is almost always unique - there are trailing digits. Plus the payee
rules manager has to have a payee, right? I whack 'em when the
transaction has zero $$$.

-- 
__________________________________________________________________________________
Ed Hansberry  (Please do *NOT* email me. Post here for the benefit of all)
What is on my Pocket PC? http://www.ehansberry.com/
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices   www.pocketpc.com
What is an MVP? - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
0
10/14/2005 8:32:43 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Ed Hansberry, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
wrote:

>via_newsgroup@please.tnx(Cal Learner-- MVP) wrote:
>
>>In microsoft.public.money, Ed Hansberry, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
>>wrote:
>>
>>>I do that. THat isn't what I'm talking about.
>>>
>>>Often (weekly) I get 2 line items per transaction. Gas stations are
>>>particularly bad about it but there are others. Every time I buy
>>>airline tickets I get charged for the ticket then get another
>>>transaction called "Free life insurance for travelers" or some such
>>>for $0.00. 
>>>
>>>I delete that line, but "Free life insurance for travelers" gets added
>>>as a payee in my database, which has no transactions and has to be
>>>whacked.
>>
>>If Free life insurance for travelers recurs, you could add the term,
>>or pieces of the term, to Payee Rules Manager. If they change it
>>around, I see no workaround.
>
>It is almost always unique - there are trailing digits. Plus the payee
>rules manager has to have a payee, right? I whack 'em when the
>transaction has zero $$$.

I was thinking of using the excluded payee names of the Payee Rules
Manager.
0
via_newsgroup (13113)
10/14/2005 8:39:29 PM
via_newsgroup@please.tnx(Cal Learner-- MVP) wrote:

>In microsoft.public.money, Ed Hansberry, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
>wrote:
>
>>via_newsgroup@please.tnx(Cal Learner-- MVP) wrote:
>>
>>>In microsoft.public.money, Ed Hansberry, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
>>>wrote:
>>>
>>>>I do that. THat isn't what I'm talking about.
>>>>
>>>>Often (weekly) I get 2 line items per transaction. Gas stations are
>>>>particularly bad about it but there are others. Every time I buy
>>>>airline tickets I get charged for the ticket then get another
>>>>transaction called "Free life insurance for travelers" or some such
>>>>for $0.00. 
>>>>
>>>>I delete that line, but "Free life insurance for travelers" gets added
>>>>as a payee in my database, which has no transactions and has to be
>>>>whacked.
>>>
>>>If Free life insurance for travelers recurs, you could add the term,
>>>or pieces of the term, to Payee Rules Manager. If they change it
>>>around, I see no workaround.
>>
>>It is almost always unique - there are trailing digits. Plus the payee
>>rules manager has to have a payee, right? I whack 'em when the
>>transaction has zero $$$.
>
>I was thinking of using the excluded payee names of the Payee Rules
>Manager.

Then maybe I am missing something.

How do I use the Payee Rules Manager to exclude transactions that have
a payee of "750 413 242 7" with a zero amount?
-- 
__________________________________________________________________________________
Ed Hansberry  (Please do *NOT* email me. Post here for the benefit of all)
What is on my Pocket PC? http://www.ehansberry.com/
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices   www.pocketpc.com
What is an MVP? - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
0
10/15/2005 1:39:10 AM
In microsoft.public.money, Ed Hansberry, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
wrote:

>via_newsgroup@please.tnx(Cal Learner-- MVP) wrote:
>

>>I was thinking of using the excluded payee names of the Payee Rules
>>Manager.
>
>Then maybe I am missing something.
>
>How do I use the Payee Rules Manager to exclude transactions that have
>a payee of "750 413 242 7" with a zero amount?

Not much you can do with that one.

You might consider creating a payee "x". Then before you accept the
transactions, enter x into the payee field. Accept the transaction,
and you create no new payee (other than the "x" payee). Not
automatic, but doable.
0
via_newsgroup (13113)
10/15/2005 4:21:07 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Outlook locks up and downloads 2mb on dial up.
Every time on dialup to exchange 5.5 server with outlook 2000 it locks up and downloads 2mb before unlocking. This is not downloading a message it happens on multiple machines. please help ...

Downloading More Than 1000 Headers
Using OE6 is there a way to download more than 1000 headers at one time? Thanks, John This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outl...

How do I get MS Converter (download) to convert a Quatro V9 file?
I have downloaded the MS converter and installed it in MS Office folder. I am trying to convert a Quatro V. 9 (Word Perfect 2000) file. I am using Excel 2003 and have tried to open the file. It does not recognize the file format and does not appear to even look for the file conversion utility? Any help out there? ...

Automating a task list
I am in need of some ideas. I am attempting to put together an automated cleaning list for one of our locations. What is the best way to do this? The tasks fall daily, weekly, etc. and may change. Once they are in their respective catagories (daily weekly etc) what is the best way to get them to fall into their right times? It has to be able to take changes as well, ie. today I am wiping the dining room tables, but in a month I would like to change it to Fridays instead. Any help / direction would be greatly appreciated! -- Chris Outlook or even Access would be much better o...

Files to download!
I want to place files on my web-unit created in the program "Publisher", that them could download the visitors. How it can be made? Publishing Web sites http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH063577001033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Charley" <Charley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:461B7DD5-5958-499A-9579-877F4B407ECB@microsoft.com... >I want to place files on my web-unit created in the program "Publisher", that > them could download the visi...

Adding A New Column
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I was emailed a document that is made up of columns and rows. I would like to add one more column and extend the rows into that new column. How do I create that one extra column and extend the rows into it? <br> thanks. It depends on what the "columns & rows" actually are. If it's a Table just click in the column you want the new one next to then go to Table> Insert> Column to the Left or Column to the Right. The new column will have the same number of rows as the other column...

Excel file downloaded via web
Hi, I downloaded an excel file from an .asp web page internet site. Once in local mode, this strange thing appens: all the cells, that contains data and numbers at video, seem to be empty when I try to edit a formula (e.s. Sum, Sort ...). Office version is the same on all machines (Office 2K sr1 9.0.3821 with no service packs), installed on Win2k Pro SP4.The most strange thing is that on some desktops with WinXP Pro in the same network environment, the file seems to work perfectly. Any suggestions, please? Thanks ...

When I download template where should it be downloaded to and sav.
I just found the MS Office Online site and want to download some Word and Excel templates. But I don't know where to download the templates to or where to save them to after they are downloaded. Can anyone tell me? Thanks. Normaly your templates should be in a directiry that you find in documents andsettings/yourname/apllication data/microsoft/templates When you load then you can copy them to this directory and all is done. Greetings from Brussels Belgium Dejola wrote: > I just found the MS Office Online site and want to download some Word and > Excel templates. But I don&#...

Adding Text Boxes to New Page
Hello, I am trying to create a page where there are 3 text boxes. If another page is needed I need for a new page to be created with the same 3 text boxes and if another page is needed etc. Here is the code I have.....but it is putting the 3 new text boxes on page 1 and creates a new blank page. What am I doing wrong? Sub Macro2() ' ' Macro2 Macro ' Macro recorded 12/23/2009 by Marsha ' ActiveDocument.Shapes.AddTextbox(msoTextOrientationHorizontal, 72#, _ 36#, 486#, 18#).Select Selection.ShapeRange.TextFrame.TextRange.Select Selection.Collapse Selec...

Transaction download problems
When I download from my bank there are several payees that always match to another payee but it is not the right one. For example JewelOsco grocery store always downloads as National Life. Both of these are active accounts. I also have a problem where a payee has completely disappeared and all of the data associated with it. I am the only user so it was not deleted by me. I continue to have problems with this particular payee - it is Marshall Fields but it has evaporated - any help appreciated. In microsoft.public.money, Bob wrote: >When I download from my bank there are seve...

Money 2005
I have used Money since version 2002 and upgraded to 2003, 2004 but I am having problems with 2005. I have two American Express accounts - one for me and for my wife. When I ask Money to update the transactions with the update function it states that it is updating the account with transacitons. After the update I see no transactions downloaded. Now if I go to the American Express site directly and then open an oxf.ofx file (Open Financial Exchange File) it seems to work fine. I get the pop-up box "import complete". The transactions are downloaded fine. How do I get this...

How to remove odd favorites listing on address bar?
On the far right of the address bar (Explorer 8), is a down-pointing arrow which when clicked, lists recent browsing history, and then (on my computer) a very incomplete list of my favorite sites. Is there a way to delete or edit this outdated and incomplete list of favorites? My computer automatically deletes the history when I sign out of Windows, but that darn favs list remains. Thanks for your assistance. OptionA: Menu--.tools-->InternetOptions-->Delete-->uncheck checkbox which says "Preserve favorites Data" OptionB: In your WindowsExplorer...

Download OE 6
I am running Win 98 and O E 5. There is a problem with O E 5 which I cannot fix so I am trying to download 0 E 6. Once the download is compltete I get a message Q174360 so I am unable to open the file. I also get a message saying that another version is pending so I need to reboot but after reboot I still do not have O E 6. What can I do. Les wrote: > I am running Win 98 and O E 5. > There is a problem with O E 5 which I cannot fix so I am > trying to download 0 E 6. > > Once the download is compltete I get a message Q174360 so > I am unable to open the file. > >...

Preventing HTML graphics from automatically loading in preview pane
I'm wondering if anyone knows how to prevent outlook from automatically loading images in the preview pane. A lot of spammer's deliberately include html graphics in their messages. The URL for a particular image in the message is unique to the user it is sent to. When outlook displays such an image in the preview pane, it is essentially telling the spammer "Hey there spammer, here's a confirmation that I, <insert your e-mail address here> got your junk mail." Such confirmations tend to increase the quantity of junk mail a user receives. Even webmail client...

How do i set automatic update of footer as filename path changes
I am setting up a MS Word (2003) template for my users in which the footer of the document will indicate the filename & path. i will like this footer to change automatically to reflect the filename and path once the document is finalised and saved. Put in a FILENAME field. Update the field as required. You could either manually go into the footer and Update, or you could use code to do it. Topps wrote: >I am setting up a MS Word (2003) template for my users in which the footer of >the document will indicate the filename & path. i will like this footer to >...

showInAddressBook AD attribute not being updated by RUS
I am having an issue where when I make changes to a users group membership that would effect which address lists the user would appear in, the changes are not being mad by the RUS. If I force a rebuild on the RUS the changes are made and the users show up in the appropriate address list. The "update now" function does nothing. When a new user is added, it show up in the GAL and the addresses for the user are generated as expected. Going through a few KB articles, I have determined the following: The current msExchServer1HighestUSN value for the RUS is: 1278458 The uSNChanged valu...

Can charts automatically change by entering new range of dates
I am creating a Dashboard report for my Accounting department at work and I have a weekly one I set up with links for the series of a chart to another worksheet. Easy. But what I am trying to do is instead of creating a new one each week by changing the link location for the data is there a way I can just enter in a range of dates and the charts automatically change and filer in the new data without me having to change the link in the series where the data entry is coming from?? You can define a dynamic range that adjusts to dates you enter into cells. I wrote a somewhat involved tut...

Sorting Distribution list
How can I make the addresses in a distribution list be sorted by last name, first name? I have all my addresses in my address book set to be stored as last name, first name. My address book itself is configured to be sorted by last name, first name. My Contacts List is also configured to be sorted by last name, first name. All are showing up fine in these places. BUT when I make a distribution list, it lists everything in the list as sorted by First name, last name. I have a large list that I occasionally need to modify (remove and add people) and its very difficult to find the addres...

How to clear junk senders list???
How do I clear all the items in a junk email senders list? I recently changed emails and there are so many in the old file, it it totally unmanageable. Is there a .txt file somewhere? Thanks in advance. Remove the "FOUR YOU" in my email to reply. Yes, look for Junk Senders.txt on your hard drive. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "CR" <4Uwebhound2002@hotmail.com> wrote in message...

Outlook Connector downloading blank emails for those moved from in
I view my hotmail emails in Outlook, and regularly move those I want to keep into files I have created within Outlook. On the Windows Live Hotmail website they remain in my inbox. Recently I noticed that when I look at my Outlook inbox there are dozens of items that show as blank headers, and are completely blank when you open them. The only thing they show is the date they were received, and the ison whether they were read, forwarded, replied to etc. By comparing with the Windows Live Hotmail website I have worked out that these "blank" emails are the ones I ha...

Dropdown lists using each value only once
Is there a way to have 34 total dropdowns (in two different colums) that can each select a number 1 through 34 but each number can only be used ONCE? Yes, you can do this. Tell us *exactly* where these drop downs will be located. (hint: don't just say column A and column B. Tell us *exactly* where in column A and column B) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "bcbrown7" <bcbrown7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A932BE44-CFC7-480F-A395-C5CCC6B94017@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to have 34 total dropdowns (in two different colums) that ...

downloading
how do i download microsoft access because i need it for school to do databse You need to purchase it: it's not a free download. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "stacy keir" <stacy keir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B4BF3DA2-FFFD-4FAF-9D94-8586E096DA95@microsoft.com... > how do i download microsoft access because i need it for school to do > databse "stacy keir" <stacy keir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B4BF3DA2-FFFD-4FAF-9D94-8586E096DA95@microso...

Insert Date Automatically
Is it possible to have the date inserted into a date field when an a field is edited? what i am trying to achieve is to insert the date which should be the current day when the field is changed from a null value to contain text -- IT Manager You can do this with a simple OnChange event in the text field: if ((crmForm.all.the_text_field.DataValue != null) && (crmForm.all.the_date_field.DataValue == null)){ crmForm.all.the_date_field.DataValue = new Date(); } -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2...

lookup unsorted list
Hi, In column A I have a list of product items. In column B I wish to place a rank on a few (not all) of these items, and not in an ascending order from the top of the page. Using this data, I wish to automatically take the ranked items from this table and place in their correct order in another table. ie Column A Column B Trudi 3 Simon Anton 4 Stacey 1 Renee Karen 2 The Result I am aiming for in a different part of the spreadsheet, while leaving this info...

Adding controls to a dialog dynamically
Hi, How do I add controls (CButton) to a dialog if these controls do not have ID's (not defined in the resource workshop)? Thnks, Muz Muz, You want to add members representing the controls to the parent class and call Create (in OnInitDialog for dialogs, OnCreate for others). Johan Rosengren Abstrakt Mekanik AB "Me" <zviman@jhu.edu> a �crit dans le message de news:cq6rjr$9ei$2@news.hcf.jhu.edu... > Hi, > > How do I add controls (CButton) to a dialog if these controls do not > have ID's (not defined in the resource workshop)? > > Thnks, > >...