Double Entry on Second Download - Money 2006 Deluxe

I am getting multiple entries for the same transactions downloaded
from a GM Card MasterCard credit card company.  I've contacted the
credit card's support people and they were quick to blame the Money
software but could give no recommendations on how to solve the issue.
I am not having this problem with a number of other credit card
suppliers and banking institutions.

What happens is I have previously downloaded a transaction and making
another download a few days later.  The previously downloaded
transaction is downloaded again but with a new date which now has a
date a few days different from the original.  In order to get the
correct balance, I have to manually delete one of the entries.
The monthly statement has always been correct but the downloads are
becoming an aggravation.

Can this really be a Money problem?  Are there any suggestions on how
to correct it?
0
lbrenton (5)
7/4/2006 12:09:40 AM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

double quotes
Hello, Because of limitations in my finance program, I'll periodically export the data to a text file, import the text file to Excel, where I manipulate the data as required. I then reverse the steps, saving the Excel file as text, then import the new text file back to my finance program. It all works Ok except for one thing - the amounts are stored in the program with a T in front, e.g., 100.00 would be T100.00. The problem is with larger amounts that involve a comma, such as 1,000.00 which would be T1,000.00. Excel insists on saving it with double quotes around it, "T1,000.00&q...

Journal Entry posted Twice
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0040_01C87CA8.977AB350 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I experienced an episode, entering a Journal entry into GP, I somehow = observed entry being duplicated (entered the same entry twice); didn't = key it twice). At the same time, the same thing happened with another user the same = day. When the other user went to post, GP gave his a SQL error message, = didn't give a screen to print the journal edit, and it appeared that he = would need to hit...

15+ second delays
Outlook takes up 100% of CPU and takes 15+ seconds to execute any of the following: 1. click on "New" email message 2. click on "Reply" to an existing message 3. Swap between another window (say IE) and the main Outlook window This is intermittent - sometimes things are quick. thanks bijoy bijoy <bijoy@yahoo.com> wrote: > Outlook takes up 100% of CPU and takes 15+ seconds to > execute any of the following: Which version of Outlook? If it's 2002 or 2003, try disabling IM integration at the bottom of the Tools>Options>Other page. -- Brian Till...

Double email
Keep getting duplicate email? No where to find out how to change that, nothing in options or custom. Nothing in your post to help anyone try to help you. Version of Outlook? Type of account? How many? Did this always happen? When did it start? What did you change just before it started happening? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Barbra <b.kostka@att.net> asked: | Keep getting duplicate email? No where to find out how to | change that, nothing in options or cu...

Need Help on COM AddIn registry entries
Hi, I have 2 COM AddIns for the "TenderEnd" Hook. But when I run the POS only the AddIn that is added first into the registry is getting invoked, and when I check the registry again after exiting the POS, the second registry entry vanishes... How do I have 2 AddIns for the TenderEnd Hook... I have registered both the AddIns (the DLLs) and they both work perfectly invidually... Here are the registry entries that I added.... Hook Number: 000 Caption: Hook1 Description: Hook1 HookType: 15 ObjectName: AddIn1.class1 Parameter: 1 Hook Number: 001 Caption: Hook2 Description: Hook2 HookTy...

EXCEL Mask for data entry
I don't have MS Access but I want to create an Access type Entry Mask for the entry of data into appropriate cells within a background work sheet. I want to create this as a simple entry form for non Excel users. The form would have 6 column and there would be a need for a look up table so when I entered an equipment asset number, its appropriate serial number would auto insert? Am I being too hopeful that such a facility exists within Excel? If by chance it does, where would I look for instructions? Hopefully Bill This is very possible in Excel but there are a few things to unde...

Budgeting in M$2006
I am using M$ 2006 Deluxe and I want to know if the actual amount that I pay for bills in 2008, will they transfer over in 2009 in the budget category or will I have do that manually. Thanks (I'm assuming you are using Advanced Budget.) The budget only gets reset to look like actuals if you create a new auto budget. This is probably a Good Thing since you wouldn't your bad variances to ratchet up the budget automagically. "Charles Eaves" wrote: > I am using M$ 2006 Deluxe and I want to know if the actual amount that I > pay for bills in 2008, will they tra...

New entries are not permanent
My wife and I each have Microsoft Money 2001(Mine is on a PC with Windows Millenium, hers is on a laptop with Windows 2000). Mine works fine, but hers does not keep the current entries. Instead each time Money is opened, we must restore from the backup file to bring it up to date. I suggest you figure out where the file is really stored and what's stepping on it. Money uses a database similar to Access. Changes are written to disk immediately. Something else must be going on here. "Richard Shaw" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1933001c44cd4...

Double the Attachments
Any idea why some of our emails have two copies of each attachment? At first I thought it was a sender fluke, but have recently noticed that some of our own sent e-mail messages, but not all, end up in the 'Sent Mail' folder with twice the attachments they had when originally sent. Do we have an errant setting that could be causing this anomaly? ...

Problem: excel 97 open a second spreadsheet
Hello, I am experiencing a problem with excel 97. When I have a spreadsheet already open and I open another one, the second one appears not clearly, its rows being cut in half. Can you tell me what it can be? Thanks ...

Visio Hyperlinks
Hi - currently using Visio and would like to save the workflow as a template for others to 'save as' and execute - need to know if the hyperlinks will work within the template and also whether or the current hyperlinks require a 'right click' to execute???? Would like to execute using double click feature? Any advice would be GREAT!! Thanks..../d If you have a Hyperlink on a Shape, then change the formula in the EventDblClick cell in the spreadsheet to =HYPERLINK(Hyperlink.Row_1.Address) "Deb" <Deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2E...

Creating a Line Chart with double Y Axis
Would be possible to create a Line Chart with double Y Axis on th Chart? The X axis is date and Y axis will be the value. Thannks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Select a series that you want on the secondary axis Choose Format>Selected Data Series On the Axis tab, select Secondary Click OK parker_yuan < wrote: > Would be possible to create a Line Chart with double Y Axis on the > Chart? The X axis is date and Y axis will be the value. Thannks. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

WLM sending duplicate (double) emails
I have an annoying issue with WLM version 14.0.8089.0726 running on W7. Sometimes I send a mail from my MSN.com account and it sits in my Outbox for hours until I close WLM and then reopen it. This results in the mails in the Outbox being sent twice; in the "Account" column for one message it says my MSN mailbox name, and on the duplicate message the "Account" column is blank. Is anyone else having this issue? In Tools|Options on the Send tab, is the "Send messages immediately" box checked? -- Patrick P. www.boydcomputersvcs.com "...

Can I replace the attachment file when double chick attachment?
I want to replace the attachment when double chick the attachment. I use outlook form to do it. Beause attachment read in outlook is not a cancelable event, I can't do it directly. I found outlook always store attachments file in directory: "%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLK*". So if I want to replace the attachment when user double chick the attachment, I can repalce the attachment file(will display) in that directory. I have some test, outlook allow me do that. But I meet two question: First: the directory is different with each user, I always start wi...

Downloaded add-ons for Excel, now cannot open it.
I added some updates or downlaods to Excel when I was trying to make some charts, histograms to be exact. Now when I click on Excel, the backgound opens, but nothing else happens, I cannot use the program. I went to Add/Remove Programs, but it does not appear that I can change just that. Can anyone help me? Thanks so much, M Try the usual fix(es) for this problem. Tools>Options>General uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1) Start>Run "exc...

Astrisks out restricted form entry
I have an open form event that triggers a restricted form in vba. strPasswd = InputBox("Enter Password", "Restricted Form") The form is only code, not an actual form. How do I astrisks out the password that is entered? You can't. The InputBox doesn't have that capability. You can create a form that has a text box with the appropriate Password Input Mask, and have it pass the value back to your originating form. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Ryan Tisserand" <RyanTisserand@discussions.microsoft...

Remove contents of one list from a second list
This seems so basic, but it is eluding me still....I have a list of all registered users to our website. I have a list of all the users who logged in for an event. I want to e-mail those who did NOT attend. How can I easily subtract one list from a larger one? Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#InOneNotOther -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany RicMurray wrote: > This seems so basic, but it is eluding me still....I have a list of > all registered users to our website. I have a list of all the users > who logged in for an event. I want to e-mail those who did ...

Can't download bank account activitiy to a new account
Recently i've changed my bank account. When i've tried to download the activity from my new bank account to Microsoft Money 2204 for the first time, i've mistakenly ordered the software to download it to the old bank account in MS Money. Now, every time i try to download my account activity, it downloadds it to the old account in Microsoft Money, despite the fact that i've marked this account as "closed". I've tried everything in order to connect my new bank account with the new account in MS Money, but have failed. Please help me to fix this annoying prob...

Owner-draw checkbox and Double-click
Hello, I have an owner drawn checkbox (see my post "Checkboxes: SetCheck() and BS_OWNERDRAW", 8/18/2003). It works great whether the user clicks on it or hits the space bar when it has the focus. However, when the user double-clicks the checkbox and tabs to another control, a heavy black rectangle is left behind. I noticed that this related to my usage of DrawFocusRect() in my DrawItem() function, but I cannot figure out how to properly address the problem. DrawFocusRect is called in two different places in DrawItem(): if( lpDrawItemStruct->itemAction == ODA_DRAWENTIRE ) { ...

Outlook 2003 downloading emails
My Outlook 2003 will only download one email at a time. If there is more than one email on the server, it times out. I have to go to Verizon Webmail and move all but one email to another and download them one at a time. I have two Yahoo Plus mail accounts and their emails come through fine. Can anyone help? Do you have any integrated Anti Virus? Tried starting Outlook using the safe switch? Start>Run>Outlook.exe /safe (Note space between, exe /) "nanageek" <nanageek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4201651A-FC09-4FEE-9701-6982C8E354B6...

Emails Doubling
People are receiving doubles of my emails. Why is this? Sometimes I receive doubles of others' emails also. "pammor" <pammor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CE3A796F-FC12-4712-9510-8163FB406E73@microsoft.com... > People are receiving doubles of my emails. Why is this? Sometimes I > receive > doubles of others' emails also. Go to the Tools menu>Accounts> ensure that you do not have your account set up twice, if so remove one instance of it. -- Regards Steve. MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK. http://www.getsafeonline.org...

double-click in between two rows or two columns
How to avoid cursor jumping around to different positions when I double-click in between two rows or two column ? Thanks Hi This is a feature of Excel! When you double click the border of the selected cell, the cursor will go to the edge of the contiguous data on the sheet. It's very useful for jumping to the start/end of data. I don't know of a way to disable it. -- Andy. "Ben" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:bf5d01c4382c$a19b1bf0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How to avoid cursor jumping around to different positions > when I double-c...

Double calendar entries
Hello - We are using Outlook 2003. When I get meeting requests - if I accept the request, I get double entries on my calendar. If I decline, I am left with one entry with it saying "You have not responded to this request" but it's still on my calendar... Any help? Thanks Doug ...

double double-click
Hi everyone. Recenlty upgraded all workstations at a client site from Office 2003 to 2007. Some users report that a shortcut to a spreadsheet on their desktop for example requires 2 double-clicks to open. The first double click opens Excel, the second double click opens the spreadsheet in Excel. Very odd. I have checked file associations and all seems OK. Has anyone come across this before or have a solution? TIA Andrew Try activating one on the Excel add-ins, Solver for instance. Andrew Zenz wrote: > Hi everyone. > > Recenlty upgraded all...

Highlighting Duplicate Entries in the same Worksheet
Hi all, I have two lists of 7 digit numbers that start with 'B' (B1234567) and I need to highlight which ones appear in both lists. Should be striaght forward but I cant seem to get it to work. I guess it should be some for of conditional Formatting. Thanks in advance Darran CF with a formula of say =COUNTIF(A:A,A1)>1 -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) "Darran" <Darran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F81EC2F-3822-44E1-B441-CB266729F1D1@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > > I have two...