Does Money 2004 require activation?

I would like to install Money 2004 on a spare PC to try a test conversion of
my Money 2002 file and see how it works before I install it on the PC that I
normally do my "Money stuff" on. Am I going to be able to install it twice?

--
~ Kathleen Anderson
Spider Web Woman Designs

money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Kathleen Anderson [MVP - FrontPage]
wrote:

>I would like to install Money 2004 on a spare PC to try a test conversion of
>my Money 2002 file and see how it works before I install it on the PC that I
>normally do my "Money stuff" on. Am I going to be able to install it twice?

Yes.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
> In microsoft.public.money, Kathleen Anderson [MVP - FrontPage]
> wrote:
>
>>I would like to install Money 2004 on a spare PC to try a test conversion
>>of
>>my Money 2002 file and see how it works before I install it on the PC that
>>normally do my "Money stuff" on. Am I going to be able to install it
>>twice?
>
> Yes.

Thanks!

--

~ Kathleen

You mean you're not going for M2005?! ;-)

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

For UK tips & fixes see
For wishes or suggestions see
or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback

"Kathleen Anderson [MVP - FrontPage]" <spiderwebwoman@mvps.org> wrote in
message news:uTjRgyULFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>I would like to install Money 2004 on a spare PC to try a test conversion
>of my Money 2002 file and see how it works before I install it on the PC
>that I normally do my "Money stuff" on. Am I going to be able to install it
>twice?
>
> --
> ~ Kathleen Anderson
> Spider Web Woman Designs
> web: http://www.spiderwebwoman.com/resources/

0
Bob_Peel4015 (409)
3/20/2005 2:52:46 PM
I am of the 'old school' :-)  I enter all my transactions and don't need or
want my data anywhere but on my own PC. The test machine doesn't even have
my Passport account on it and I plan on keeping it that way.

If Money 2006 gets back to basics, I might try it.

--
~ Kathleen

"Bob Peel MVP" <Bob_Peel@kiandraNOSPAM.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> You mean you're not going for M2005?! ;-)
>
> --
> Regards
> Bob Peel,
> Microsoft MVP - Money
>
> For UK tips & fixes see
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny.
> For wishes or suggestions see
> http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp
> or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback
>
> I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for.
>
> "Kathleen Anderson [MVP - FrontPage]" <spiderwebwoman@mvps.org> wrote in
> message news:uTjRgyULFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>>I would like to install Money 2004 on a spare PC to try a test conversion
>>of my Money 2002 file and see how it works before I install it on the PC
>>that I normally do my "Money stuff" on. Am I going to be able to install
>>it twice?
>>
>> --
>> ~ Kathleen Anderson
>> Spider Web Woman Designs
>> web: http://www.spiderwebwoman.com/resources/

Like you I am of the 'old school' and enter all my transactions by hand. The
only thing I go on-line for is share prices.

With that limitation M2005 works just fine for me.

--

message news:eSgxl4VLFHA.3064@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>I am of the 'old school' :-)  I enter all my transactions and don't need or
>want my data anywhere but on my own PC. The test machine doesn't even have
>my Passport account on it and I plan on keeping it that way.
>
> If Money 2006 gets back to basics, I might try it.
>
> --
> ~ Kathleen
>

> "Bob Peel MVP" <Bob_Peel@kiandraNOSPAM.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
>> You mean you're not going for M2005?! ;-)
>>
>> --
>> Regards
>> Bob Peel,
>> Microsoft MVP - Money
>>
>> For UK tips & fixes see
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny.
>> For wishes or suggestions see
>> http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp
>> or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback
>>
>> I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for.
>>
>> "Kathleen Anderson [MVP - FrontPage]" <spiderwebwoman@mvps.org> wrote in
>> message news:uTjRgyULFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>>>I would like to install Money 2004 on a spare PC to try a test conversion
>>>of my Money 2002 file and see how it works before I install it on the PC
>>>that I normally do my "Money stuff" on. Am I going to be able to install
>>>it twice?
>>>
>>> --
>>> ~ Kathleen Anderson
>>> Spider Web Woman Designs
>>> web: http://www.spiderwebwoman.com/resources/

0
Bob_Peel4015 (409)
3/20/2005 4:33:15 PM
When I had shares of Oracle I did that too, but I sold them the day the
"merger" with PeopleSoft was completed.

I've done the upgrade. On the spare PC (512MB of RAM) Money 2004 runs really
slow, but the conversion was flawless. I then installed it on the PC running
Money 2002 (in a separate folder) - that PC has 1504MB of RAM and a much
faster processor - Money 2004 runs pretty fast, especially compared to 2002.

--
~ Kathleen Anderson
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
blog: http://msmvps.com/spiderwebwoman/category/321.aspx

> Like you I am of the 'old school' and enter all my transactions by hand.
> The only thing I go on-line for is share prices.
>
> With that limitation M2005 works just fine for me.
>
> --
> Regards
> Bob Peel,
> Microsoft MVP - Money
>
> For UK tips & fixes see
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny.
> For wishes or suggestions see
> http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp
> or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback
>
> I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for.
>
> "Kathleen Anderson [MVP - FrontPage]" <spiderwebwoman@mvps.org> wrote in
> message news:eSgxl4VLFHA.3064@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>>I am of the 'old school' :-)  I enter all my transactions and don't need
>>or want my data anywhere but on my own PC. The test machine doesn't even
>>have my Passport account on it and I plan on keeping it that way.
>>
>> If Money 2006 gets back to basics, I might try it.
>>
>> --
>> ~ Kathleen
>>

>> "Bob Peel MVP" <Bob_Peel@kiandraNOSPAM.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> You mean you're not going for M2005?! ;-)
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards
>>> Bob Peel,
>>> Microsoft MVP - Money
>>>
>>> For UK tips & fixes see
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny.
>>> For wishes or suggestions see
>>> http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp
>>> or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback
>>>
>>> I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for.
>>>
>>> "Kathleen Anderson [MVP - FrontPage]" <spiderwebwoman@mvps.org> wrote in
>>> message news:uTjRgyULFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...

Two computers, one Money file.

Money Money Money !! Agloco !!

Formula For Adding Variable Number Of Cells Required
How can I get Excel to add up the components of each invoice in a lis where the total of each invoice is one made up of any number of smalle sums? For example, I could have invoice numbers 1 to 3 in Column A and thei sums in Column B: Invoice number 1 could have 3 sub entries of 5,6,7 (in cells B1-B3) Invoice number 2 could have 1 sub entry of 4 (in B4) Invoice number 3 could have 5 sub entries of 3,4,5,6,7 (in B5-B9) I would require Column C to have at the last entry of Invoice 1 (C3 the sum of 18; at the entry of Invoice 2 (C4) the sum of 4; and, at th last entry of Invoice 3 (C9) the tot...

Purchased Money Essentials wont install

I can edit others activities
Dear All I have a big problem with MSCRM Activity Forms. Although I have restricted the accessability of Activit Forms for create, read, write and all the others to "USER" for a special Securit Role say salesman; the users with this security roles can see others activities (even their managers tasks) and they can even complete their tasks on their behalf. This problem has caused too many problems for us and it will be really appriciated if anybody can help me with this problem. ...

previously functional Office 2004 now won't launch after Mac OS updates
Last night I installed Security Update 2007-006 (v1.0) and Mas OS X Update (intel) (v 10.4.10) on my MacBook Pro (2 GHz Intel Core duo). Now, I cannot launch any Office 2004 applications and cannot open any of my files. Any advice? Thanks, Mark On 6/27/07 1:02 PM, in article 1182974541.212063.281740@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com, "breadhead420@gmail.com" <breadhead420@gmail.com> wrote: > Last night I installed Security Update 2007-006 (v1.0) and Mas OS X > Update (intel) (v 10.4.10) on my MacBook Pro (2 GHz Intel Core duo). > Now, I cannot launch any Office 2004 app...

money 2002 #26

money 2005 #11

Duplicate Funds in Money

Activities Relationship (MSCRM Database)
Would someone mind looking at the ActivitesBase table and tell me what relationships they have for this table? Thanks! Kristina what are you trying to find? "Kristina Ledford" <noemails@noemails.com> wrote in message news:uRleLw$nDHA.2772@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Would someone mind looking at the ActivitesBase table and tell me what > relationships they have for this table? > > > Thanks! > Kristina > > We are getting errors when trying to open activities of some Leads that were created (not imported) in CRM. There was another post about this ...

Microsoft Money in Australia

MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!

Problems with Money 2005

Money 2000 user guide

money vs simply accounting

GP 10.0 Server Requirements
Will GP 10.0 run on a SQL 2000 Server? Hi James Here is what the MS page says for data base requirements: Database Requirements Microsoft SQL Server 2000 SP 4 -Standard Edition -Workgroup Edition -MSDE NOTE: Microsoft SQL Server 2000 mainstream support ends 4/8/2008. Click HERE to go to the Support Lifecycle Page for Microsoft SQL Server 2000. Microsoft SQL Server 2005 SP 2 -Standard Edition 32-bit -Workgroup Edition -Express Edition Fliehigh "K James" wrote: > Will GP 10.0 run on a SQL 2000 Server? Has anyone used GP 10.0 with Microsoft SQL Ser...

Money Data #2

Money 2004 Error 1335 #2

Reinstall Money Plus problems

Active Cell Link
I would like to know if it is possible to have a cell reference the active cell of the sheet. So if i were to click on a cell, another cell would reference that active cell....? and this active cell would have be in some given range in the workshhet for it to work. "daphoenix" wrote: > I would like to know if it is possible to have a cell reference the active > cell of the sheet. So if i were to click on a cell, another cell would > reference that active cell....? Well, it is sort of possible... if by "active cell" you mean the most recently **changed** c...

Repair a Money data file? MS Money or MSN Money?

Explorer opens Microsoft Money 2002 installation
When I do just about anything on my computer (WinXP), it attempts to install MS Money 2002. It says to insert the CD. Just opening 'My Computer', or anything explorer related will result with "Please Insert the Money 2002 CD". I dont have the CD. MS Money is installed, I think it came with the computer. If I try to uninstall Money, it says to insert the CD. Ive looked at the CD bundle that came with the computer, but cannot find Money Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Dave If Money came with the machine, you might need to contact your supplier an...

Macros and Active X
My ctrl+c and ctrl+v shortcuts dont work unless I turn on my active forms bar to edit mode. Any guesses why -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Because the spreadhseet is "live". You have to go into edit mode t make any changes to control toolbox items. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I'm not trying to edit my active x forms, The problems is that th standard ctrl+c and ctrl+v copy and paste short cuts wont work unles the active x edit mode is turned on. I don't have to turn on the active x edit mode to use these short cut in other wo...

Money 2006 for PPC: does it work?
Hi there! I'd like to know if Money 2006 for Pocket PC works for Windows Mobile 5 (in the download page, only stated are 2002 and 2003 -> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=6f040b65-42f5-4dca-b301-9f05a8583692&displaylang=en). Another thing is: Money 2006 or Ultrasoft Moneylink? What do you advise? Is there any place where we can check what functionalities are contained in Money 2006 for PPC? Account register, etc... Can anyone help? Thanks in advance, Nuno Dionísio ...