Digital File Attacments to Transactions

Another question...

I see that Quicken 2006 has resurrected a feature they included in one of
their earlier versions; the ability to attach digital images to transactions
(paycheck stubs, receipts,...whatever).  This was a *terrific* feature and
really loved it.  It saved me a *lot* of trouble, particularly when I had to
produce a receipt for an item that I had purchased a long time ago, yet was
still under warranty.

I could go on about how useful this feature was to me, but I digress...

I was a loyal user of Quicken and TurboTax almost since the beginning, that
is until the TurboTax Macrovision/C-Dilla slap in the face of a few years
ago.  At that time, out of protest, I swore off Intuit entirely and switched
to Money and TaxCut.  I've never regretted the decision.  However, now that
Intuit has brought this feature back to Quicken, I'm actually giving some
thought to switching back, just for the digital file attachment feature.
Frankly, I'd rather not, as I still don't think Intuit got the message from
all the loyal customers they drove away.

Has anyone heard if Microsoft plans to include this feature in a future
version of Money, or perhaps make this feature available in Money 2006 with
a downloadable upgrade or service pack?

money 28651 articles. 3 followers. Follow

It's highly unlikely that MSFT will release such as an upgrade or service
pack to 2006 and they don't pre-announce which features will be added to
future versions.

--

"Banister Stairwell" <afganistan@bananastan.com> wrote in message
> Another question...
>
> I see that Quicken 2006 has resurrected a feature they included in one of
> their earlier versions; the ability to attach digital images to
> transactions (paycheck stubs, receipts,...whatever).  This was a
> *terrific* feature and really loved it.  It saved me a *lot* of trouble,
> particularly when I had to produce a receipt for an item that I had
> purchased a long time ago, yet was still under warranty.
>
> I could go on about how useful this feature was to me, but I digress...
>
> I was a loyal user of Quicken and TurboTax almost since the beginning,
> that is until the TurboTax Macrovision/C-Dilla slap in the face of a few
> years ago.  At that time, out of protest, I swore off Intuit entirely and
> switched to Money and TaxCut.  I've never regretted the decision.
> However, now that Intuit has brought this feature back to Quicken, I'm
> actually giving some thought to switching back, just for the digital file
> attachment feature. Frankly, I'd rather not, as I still don't think Intuit
> got the message from all the loyal customers they drove away.
>
> Has anyone heard if Microsoft plans to include this feature in a future
> version of Money, or perhaps make this feature available in Money 2006
> with a downloadable upgrade or service pack?

0
bollar (385)

Writing to exception logs with in a transaction
When I get an exception with in a stored procedure, I want to write all relative data to some exception log tables in the same database. The problem is often this is in a stored procedure that is part of a sql transaction (not an ado.net transaction) and then the transaction rolls back, so does the insert into the exception log. I do this in the stored procedure where the exception occurred by passing parameters to another stored procedure which logs the exception data something like this: INSERT INTO tbSysSqlErrorLog(sysSqlEr_Id, sysSqlEr_Number, sysSqlEr_Severity, sysSql...

Importing .pst file #4
Having restored my PC to factory settings I am trying to import a .pst file I saved previously. Outlook is telling me its not a personal folders file. It has to be! I exported it from Outlook and it saved as outlook.pst. Anything else I can try? Import/export is never the way to save an Outlook data file. Simply copy the file and open it in the new Outlook installation. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Trevor ...

how do I convert text e-mail addresses in an Excel file to hyperli
new addresses that I type in are automatically converted, but ones I copied into the spreadsheet are not. Any ideas welcome. Hi Ben, Were they links where you copied them from. What version of Excel are you using. Does =LEN(A1) match the number of chars you actually see and ="*" & A1 & "*" show anything resembling spaces Does use of the the TrimALL macro fix them (make them links) : http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/join.htm#trimall --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps....

File EDB
I have a problem. The disc with operating sistem (Windows 2000 server) not running and i have the exchange's file with important notice that i want recovery. It's possible import this file into exchange running on the another computer?? What's wrong with the server? Do you have good backups? If so, what kind of backups were you running? If all you have are the edb files, see PowerControl from OnTrack - expensive, but they work. gs-snc wrote: > I have a problem. The disc with operating sistem (Windows 2000 > server) not running and i have the exchange's file with import...

Re: 2 Program Files folders
On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 18:43:49 -0400, Bobby Johnson <rjohnson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >You should check the Adobe website for information about CS4 and 64-bit >Windows. It's possible they may not be compatible. They are compatible. Adobe's stuff is installed in both Program Files and Program Files (x86). jud ...

VWD2008 will not refresh HTML file
I am trying to use the showmodaldialog function to display help files for my website. But when I make modifications to the HTML file, a previous version of that file is displayed from within the VWD environment, even if I just want to debug that file. I have restarted VWD, but the old version is still displayed. When I double-click that same file outside the VWD environment, the modified version is displayed, so I know the changes are being saved. I have searched the entire hard drive and there is no other file with the same name. ...

my newreader download code instead of files or attachments
When I try to download from the newgroups, MS Office will download code. I will not get a complete file as in an MP3 or notepad message. I have used Agent Newreader and my files download complete. What am I doing wrong? "jdamoor" <jdamoor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CE8FC6E6-CAC9-434C-B47B-2E98FB936A97@microsoft.com... > When I try to download from the newgroups, MS Office will download code. > I > will not get a complete file as in an MP3 or notepad message. I have used > Agent Newreader and my files download complete. What am I doing...

Can not import copy of outlook.pst file
My computer crashed and I was able to save a copy of my outlook.pst file. I had to reload the entire machine starting with the Windows 2000. I set up outlook exactly the same on the new configuration and tried to use the copy of the outlook.pst file. First I tried to just change the name to the default. Next I tried to import the outlook2.pst file from before the crash. I recieved the same error message each time: "File access denied, you do not have the required permission to access the file". The OS userid and password is the same as before and I did not have a pas...

Digital Imaging Pro #2
Great tools! Question is, can I convert a (B&W) photograph to a line drawing? -- CharleneM Carla wrote: > Great tools! Question is, can I convert a (B&W) photograph to a line > drawing? We wouldn't know. This is a Publisher group. -- In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/ Yes, I know it's a Publisher group, but since Dig Imaging Pro is bundled with Publisher and since I can't find a Dig. Imaging Pro forum, I was hoping someone working with Publisher and DIP might know as such a conversion would be most appropriate in black and white materi...

2-digit
I have two lists of product codes (2-digit and 6-digit), each of which has an import value (in otherwords 4 columns) as follows: 1 2 3 4 Prod code (2 digit) importval ($) Prod code (6-digit) import value ($) 01 50 010001 25 010002 10 010003 15 02 75 020001 12 020002 18 020003 20 020004 25 As you can see the 6-digit product codes are a dissaggregated from the 2-digit codes. That is if you sum the value of the 6-digits imports it will equal the value of the 2-digits imports. So for product 01 = $50 = 010001 +010002+010003=50. The same occurs for product 02 and so in for my real data set. N...

excel file .xls
xp user need excel and excel spreedsheet file .xls. In order to run this file i would need to purchase excel. I don't know anything about excel just interested in the one file program .xls amortization extra payment program. Don't know which excel program has this feature. Please reply. goto www.openoffice.org you can download a free program that will open the excel file. ...

Import using schema.ini file
In an import spec you can tell Access to skip a field/column. Can you do the same in a schema file? I'm helping a colleague import survey results and had to manually create a schema file; 227 columns with some very bad column names. We have no control over how we get the data (other than choosing xls or csv). The last column isn't really a column at all, just a non-printing character in the column names row but, Access says it's a column and wants to import it. I'd like to be able to tell Access to skip it. Also, since some of the columns will not be used for repor...

"Balance account" used to automatically clear downloaded transactions but stopped doing so
This month when I went to balance my checking account, whose transactions are imported from a download file, the balance window came up with E marked for all downloaded transactions and I had to manually check them all cleared. Previously downloaded/imported transactions up to the closing statement were already cleared by Money. What do I have to change to return to that situation? Also...had an error in the statement opening balance, so restored my previous backup and the balance went o.k. However on line update is stuck in progress. There was a message about having to reset up online se...

Digitally signature
Hi We have an excel spreadsheat that different people fill out. Is it possible for every person to digitally sign the excel spread sheet when they have filled out the excel spreadsheet?? Regards Morten ...

load file chm
hi all, how to load file chm in VC app? i use code below, but not work sFileChm = "myfile.chm"; ShellExecute(this->m_hWnd, _T("Open"), sFileChm, NULL, NULL, SW_HIDE); You should use the HtmlHelp() API. See if the following link helps you http://support.microsoft.com/kb/191118 Cheers Check Abdoul --------------------- "Duy Trinh" <duy.trinh@mobinex.com> wrote in message news:uUo7L6dPHHA.4244@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > hi all, > > how to load file chm in VC app? > > i use code below, but not work > sFileChm = "m...

How do I convert PDF file into Excel file?
I am using Excel 2003 and want to convert PDF files from Adobe 6.0 into Excel Files. How do I do it? Do you have the basic PDF reader or have you paid for the Full PDF writer..? If you have the Full PDF writer, open the PDF yuou wish to convert inteh save as type dialog box choose Text (Plain) (*.txt) and save. Then open Excel and file > open, and under files of type choose Text Files. You have may to have to spend some time tiding up the file. Altenatively you can highlight the text and (usign the Select Text select feature) and copy and paste into Excel. "All4utears" w...

Digital Signature
I am trying to apply a digital signature to my XLS doc. I have created a couple of macros and when I go into the VB editor and go to Tools>>Digital Signature and select my Digital ID It shows [No Certificate]. I then proceed to select choose and select my Digital ID from the list. After hitting ok it will now show The VB project is currently signed as [my Digital ID] but when I exit out of the VB editor and out of excel and reopen the xls it doesn't have the digital ID attached anymore. It shows The VB project is currently signed as [no certificate] Am I missing a step he...

Using Self Certify Digital ID with Shared Files
You can use the MS Self Certification utility to create a Digital ID to share macro enabled files with other XL users, even those running at high security. Here's how: File Originator: 1. Run c:\program files\OfficeXP\Office10 \selfcert.exe (if file not found, use add/remove on MSOffice, it's in Office Tools) 2. Enter a name (eg John Doe, ACME Corp) 3. Open XL file you want to certify and open up VBE 4. Go Tools|Digital Signature 5. Click Choose 6. You should see the name of the cert that you just created on this list. Select it then click OK, then OK again 7. Save and Close fi...

lost contact files
Hello I tried to get myself organized last week and organized all of my contacts in files/folders - now I can only find the remaining few that I had not filed into a folder yet. I have search around including in my deleted section and still can't find them. Any ideas?? SARA ...

Opening Office 2003 files in Office 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello all! I am considering buying a MAC and would really like to know if it is possible to open my Office 2003 docuemnets (mainly word, excel and powerpoint) with little or no trouble. When speaking to the salespeople at the MAC store, I was not convinced that this can be done so easily. Thank you in advance! PJ In article <59b78490.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, PJLinMI@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: Intel > > Hello all! > &...

Master Page between Publisher files
Is there any way to save a master page in Publisher 2003 and use it in multiple files/documents? I have over 100 files using the same master page layout but I do not want to create a 100 page file/document. Is there a way to save the master page and import it or something of that nature? Thanks!! Why not create your "master page" and save it. When you need to create a new document, open the saved file, do a Save As with a new file name. New document has been created with the original master page. Or you could also save the "master page" as a Publisher Template u...

Macros & digital signatures
Can anyone tell me if macros that are digitally signed would be affected if the person who signed them left a company & their network account was cancelled? Thanks, Jason ___ As I understand it, there will be a file containing the digital signature and it is not connected to the creator's network account. In any case, it's not difficult to create a new digital signature file of your own "Jason O" wrote: > Can anyone tell me if macros that are digitally signed would be affected if > the person who signed them left a company & their network account was &g...

OT: VS.Net Opens Files across all 3 monitors. Fix?
Is there any way to get VS to open a file without spreading it all the way across all of my monitors? Thanks "Jona Vark" <noemail@all.com> wrote in message news:reSef.21828$Zv5.8272@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net... > Is there any way to get VS to open a file without spreading it all the way > across all of my monitors? > > Thanks > Odd problem, mine works perfectly. What type of video cards and display drivers are you using? -- ============ Frank Hickman Microsoft MVP NobleSoft, Inc. ============ Replace the _nosp@m_ with @ to reply. "Frank Hickma...

certificates and digital signatures with 2003
if the exchange server 2003 gives out DS's or encryption to the clients, do all the oultook clients have to be 2003? or can the other clients like 2000 gain access as well? Ihope that makes sense thanks ...

.vdx file format
Hi everyone, We currently use Vision 2002, and are considering upgrading to a later version. A key requirement for us, would be that the .vdx file format for XML does not contain binary, unlike in Visio 2002. Any guidance on this would be very much appreciated, thanks Fiona ------=_NextPart_0001_B352C85A Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Fiona - Except for adding to the Schema to permit the newer version of Visio to implement new objects and features, there is no core change in the XML format for either Visio 2003 or Visio 2007. The binary objects, such as th...