Deleting an investment in Money 2005

I have investments as an example, Fidelity Select Chemical which I disposed
of many years ago.  There are no transactions in any accounts related to this
investment.  Yet when I look at manually updating a price, I still see this
investment is there, and further the program keeps updating the price
everytime I log on!!  No wonder the data file is gigantic.

How do I delete this investment from Money 2005, and it price history?
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Steve Foulks wrote:

>I have investments as an example, Fidelity Select Chemical which I disposed
>of many years ago.  There are no transactions in any accounts related to this
>investment.  Yet when I look at manually updating a price, I still see this
>investment is there, and further the program keeps updating the price
>everytime I log on!!  No wonder the data file is gigantic.
>
>How do I delete this investment from Money 2005, and it price history?

I would go to the Portfolio Manager. I would make sure
ChangePortfolioView->ShowClosedPostions is set. I would right the
investment, and choose SeeInvestmentActivities, and make sure there
are indeed no transactions. If any are shown, I would Delete them.

Then I would click Details on the left. I would blank the symbol.
That is probably not important, but it was in earlier versions. So
just in case.

I would then click DeleteThisInvestment on the left.

This process I described may be more than is needed. From the
Portfolio Manager,
WorkWithInvestments->DeleteAnInvestmentFromAllAccounts may well be
fully functional. I was just being cautious.

Note that when you take something out, Money does not usually
reclaim the space immediately. Every so often, Money will compact
the file to get some space back, but you don't get to decide when
that occurs.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Cannot delete subreport

Rule for Deleted Items

Create Property sheet via menu command with .NET 2005 MFC SDI
Hi, I have spent a lot of time already, but I haven't found solution yet. My program is as follows: 1. I use .NET 2005 MFC, SDI, with CFormView base class to create my program. 2. Under File tab, I made Setting command. I want to press Setting, and bring up a property sheet. Each page will have radio button, edit box, combo box. When property sheet close, I want to transfer the value back to my view object. 3. I have "Programming with microsoft Visual C++ .NET" by George Shepherd with David Kruglinski. There is a good reference program Ex12a and Ex12b. But I lost companion ...

2006 backup file to money essentials
I just download micro money essentials to my new computer, i tried to use my back up file from my money 2006 on my laptop, it is not working it says it does not use files from previous versions. help In microsoft.public.money, dennisddjj wrote: >I just download micro money essentials to my new computer, i tried to use my >back up file from my money 2006 on my laptop, it is not working it says it >does not use files from previous versions. help If you did not start with the trial, return Essentials. Install the Money Plus Deluxe trial expecting to buy 60 days later. ...

Money Automatically Trying to Install whenever mouse is clicked
I have Money 2002 which came with my PC and was installed at time of order on my Windows XP Laptop. However, lately (this problem didn't occur until recently) whenever I try to open a new window of any sort in Windows, money is trying to re-install itself (even though its already installed and I keep telling it to cancel). How can I stop this? Thanks. Kelly >-----Original Message----- >I have Money 2002 which came with my PC and was installed >at time of order on my Windows XP Laptop. However, lately >(this problem didn't occur until recently) whenever I try ...

Upgraded SQL from 2005 to 2008 posting much slower
I upgraded my sql from 2005 to 2008 via the upgrade option. Entered one invoice and posted. Much much slower. Ran checklinks on all modules. Ran a script to rebuild all indexes. Still slower. Not only is posting slower but I get a lot of "Not Responding" on the GP windows now. Never had this problem with 2005. Anyone else experience this? On Feb 1, 3:58=A0pm, GiJeet <gij...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I upgraded my sql from 2005 to 2008 via the upgrade option. =A0Entered > one invoice and posted. =A0Much much slower. =A0Ran checklinks on all > modules. ...

Money Essentials
Hello, I currently have MS Money Essentials and got the notice that my online access was ending and clicked on the extend button. I ordered Essentials. I downloaded it. I installed it. I never get the page to enter the product key and when I close out of Money it is still asking me to extend. I went to the file location where Money is installed and clicked on the application file called Extend I get a product key page, but when I cut and paste the product key into that field, it tells me it's not the correct key. I have Vista. Nothing is ever easy with Vista. Any ideas on wher...

Delete macros

A Great Investment Opportunity! #7
INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY! Fork It Over! a Ground Floor Unique Dimension & Concept In the Children's Entertainment Market... For More information http://www.kidseyeview.us ...

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

How to delete chart

Delete blank Last page

Money 2004 International Edition
I just purchased Money 2004 International Edition Standard. This edition is made for Australia, Ireland and some other countries. I am living in Switzerland, and as Money is no longer available in German this seemed to be the only viable solution to further use my old Money file. I now wanted to connect to an account with a bank which is listed on the MSN Money page as "Money enabled". But all I can see in the "Online Services Manager" of Money is a list of the following banks: (not listed) ASB Bank limited Banco Continental Banco de Comercio Banco de Exportacion Banco de...

Deleting an email

Turbo Tax with Money 2005
I am trying to export tax data from money 2005 in the TXF format. I am trying to use it in TurboTax. When I try to load it into TurboTax I get an error saying "No Information Exists for Other Financial Software (TXF File) filename" What am I doing wrong or is there a problem with Money 2005 or Turbo Tax? In microsoft.public.money, David Graham <David Graham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to export tax data from money 2005 in the TXF format. I am >trying to use it in TurboTax. When I try to load it into TurboTax I get an >error saying "N...

Leasted bloated version of Money available?
I am looking purely for a version of Money that avoids all the bloat and splash for Money 2007, but fear that by using an older version of Money, I may introduce data problems and incompatability issues with XP/Vista. What's the oldest version of Money that works under XP SP2/Vista and is not known to have any problems. I don't care about downloading my data or other Internet-ready built-in "tools." Thanks. I still use Money 2.0 on a laptop and it works fine under XP SP2. -- Still learning... "Squirrely D" wrote: > I am looking purely for a version of Mon...

#Deleted

Can I delete this from ADSI?
Hi all, I am upgrating Exchange 2K to Exchange 2K3 and removed the Mobile information Server (which we never used it). But, I can see the CN=Microsoft-Mobile-Information-Server under configuration -->Services from ADSIedit. Can I safely delete this? or If I do not delete this, wii it have any issue with exchange 2003 mobile? Thanks! Exchange Server 2003 mobility features do not rely on that. Saving a LDIF dump may be a good idea before you delete - this provides ability to recreate the object if required. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.e...