Deleting accounts without messing up balance in accounts from/to which payments were made to/from the deleted accounts

I want to start over with my Money set up of my Vanguard accounts
because it's a mess. I have both a master IRA and non IRA account, as
well as individual accounts in Money for each fund.  I want to delete
the existing accounts and then go through the set up again.

However, I recall some years ago when I +deleted+ an old, closed,
credit card account, it also removed all payments (reconciled ones and
unreconciled) on that account from my checking account throwing the
checking account totally out of balance. fortunately it was only 18
months worth and i was able to get paper statments to readd the
payments to my checking account.

That was some years ago.  Maybe Money has been fixed to avoid this
problem and I guess that's what I am asking.  Has it...or is there a
workaround.

TIA

Nim
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 18:42:50 -0600, kaplan3jiim@example.com wrote:

>I want to start over with my Money set up of my Vanguard accounts
>because it's a mess. I have both a master IRA and non IRA account, as
>well as individual accounts in Money for each fund.  I want to delete
>the existing accounts and then go through the set up again.
>
>However, I recall some years ago when I +deleted+ an old, closed,
>credit card account, it also removed all payments (reconciled ones and
>unreconciled) on that account from my checking account throwing the
>checking account totally out of balance. fortunately it was only 18
>months worth and i was able to get paper statments to readd the
>payments to my checking account.
>
>That was some years ago.  Maybe Money has been fixed to avoid this
>problem and I guess that's what I am asking.  Has it...or is there a
>workaround.
>
>TIA

I should add that the deleted payments were not made from within
Money.  They were just ordinary paper checks written to pay the
monthly credit card bill, made out to the credit card name, manually
recorded in the check register in Money...and disappeared when I
removed the credit card account.

Jim
In microsoft.public.money, kaplan3jiim@example.com wrote:

>On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 18:42:50 -0600, kaplan3jiim@example.com wrote:
>
>>I want to start over with my Money set up of my Vanguard accounts
>>because it's a mess. I have both a master IRA and non IRA account, as
>>well as individual accounts in Money for each fund.  I want to delete
>>the existing accounts and then go through the set up again.
>>
>>However, I recall some years ago when I +deleted+ an old, closed,
>>credit card account, it also removed all payments (reconciled ones and
>>unreconciled) on that account from my checking account throwing the
>>checking account totally out of balance. fortunately it was only 18
>>months worth and i was able to get paper statments to readd the
>>payments to my checking account.
>>
>>That was some years ago.  Maybe Money has been fixed to avoid this
>>problem and I guess that's what I am asking.  Has it...or is there a
>>workaround.
>>
>>TIA
>>
>I should add that the deleted payments were not made from within
>Money.  They were just ordinary paper checks written to pay the
>monthly credit card bill, made out to the credit card name, manually
>recorded in the check register in Money...and disappeared when I
>removed the credit card account.

That seems really odd. I would expect such transactions to not be
affected, and transfers changed into TransferToDeletedAccount.

Try your account deletion, but make sure you have an extra
copy/backup of your file so that you can undo things if they don't
work out.

0
via_newsgroup (13113)
12/2/2007 7:10:44 PM
On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 13:10:44 -0600, Cal Learner-- MVP
<via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote:

>In microsoft.public.money, kaplan3jiim@example.com wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 18:42:50 -0600, kaplan3jiim@example.com wrote:
>>
>>>I want to start over with my Money set up of my Vanguard accounts
>>>because it's a mess. I have both a master IRA and non IRA account, as
>>>well as individual accounts in Money for each fund.  I want to delete
>>>the existing accounts and then go through the set up again.
>>>
>>>However, I recall some years ago when I +deleted+ an old, closed,
>>>credit card account, it also removed all payments (reconciled ones and
>>>unreconciled) on that account from my checking account throwing the
>>>checking account totally out of balance. fortunately it was only 18
>>>months worth and i was able to get paper statments to readd the
>>>payments to my checking account.
>>>
>>>That was some years ago.  Maybe Money has been fixed to avoid this
>>>problem and I guess that's what I am asking.  Has it...or is there a
>>>workaround.
>>>
>>>TIA
>>>
>>I should add that the deleted payments were not made from within
>>Money.  They were just ordinary paper checks written to pay the
>>monthly credit card bill, made out to the credit card name, manually
>>recorded in the check register in Money...and disappeared when I
>>removed the credit card account.
>
>That seems really odd. I would expect such transactions to not be
>affected, and transfers changed into TransferToDeletedAccount.
>
>Try your account deletion, but make sure you have an extra
>copy/backup of your file so that you can undo things if they don't
>work out.

Tnx.

That seems to have worked o.k.  Problem occurred previously with
either M2002 or M2004.

Cannot delete subreport

Analytical Accounting needs to be incorporated in PO Returns
Currently Analytical Accounting is not incorporated in the PO Returns module. This functionality MUST be introduced to provide a complete solution. At present there is a very fragmented, time consuming workaround. This functionality is assumed and is very dissapointing to find it is not present in the software. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggesti...

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Rule for Deleted Items

received messages randomly in either of two accounts
I have Windows Live mail running on Windows 7, and I have 2 mail accounts with it, a Hotmail account and a Sky.com account. When receiving mail it comes into either but not both accounts although the senders are sendin to the Sky.com account. How can this happen. Why would you expect to see an incoming message in both of your = accounts? Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "Bryan1345" wrote in message = news:BAECB568-9A33-40DE-A63E-4792DE53658B@microsoft.com... I have Windows Live mail running on Windows 7, and I have 2 mail = accounts with it, a Hotmail ...

Payables Historical Aged Trial Balance for V10 SP3
I remember something about the historical aged trial balance for payables changing with the SP3? or I had to run something special? Anyway, my historical aged trial balance for payables does not seem to work right since loading SP3 on V10 Any suggestions? -- Doug Doug, I am having the same issue. I am on V10, SP3. It seems like some vendors are not showing up... Have you found any solutions? "Doug" wrote: > I remember something about the historical aged trial balance for payables > changing with the SP3? > > or I had to run something special? > > A...

Delete macros

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

How to delete chart

Delete blank Last page

How to generate reports using certain accounts
Hello all, I am using MS Money Plus Deluxe. I inputed my online Banking logon information and MS Money retrives all of my accounts linked to that logon (5 accounts). Now there are only two accounts that I want to have MS Money manage and generate reports for. I have "closed" the remaining 3 accounts within MS Money so that the two I want are showing as open. However, when I choose to generate a monthly report it includes transactions from all of the accounts linked to my banking login info. I have searched and searched for a filter to disclude those unwanted accounts, but no...

Deleting an email

Can't import file into loan account
I thought I'd posted this yesterday - but can't find it in the forum now! I have an offset mortgage account whereby we can put money onto and take money off of our mortgage. As such we can download the transaction details for importing into quicken/money. I could do this before I associated the account with a loan. Now that I've associated it with a loan, the system no longer offers me these loan accounts on the import utility. Does anyone know a way to get around this without losing the use of the financial planner? Thanks, Tim In microsoft.public.money, Tim Dadd w...

#Deleted

Duplicate messages
Hi, I've followed a few of the posts relating to duplicate messages being downloaded in Outlook XP. I have a similar problem, but am not sure it is the same: I have 4 different email accounts with on 4 different POP3 servers. These accounts are also web accessible (so I can check them at work etc). I use a cable broadband connection and all 4 accounts use my ISPs outgoing mail server to send. So that messages are accessible however I access the accounts, Outlook is set not to delete them from the server. I am receiving multiple copies of some, but crucially not all, of my messages. ...

Can I delete this from ADSI?
Hi all, I am upgrating Exchange 2K to Exchange 2K3 and removed the Mobile information Server (which we never used it). But, I can see the CN=Microsoft-Mobile-Information-Server under configuration -->Services from ADSIedit. Can I safely delete this? or If I do not delete this, wii it have any issue with exchange 2003 mobile? Thanks! Exchange Server 2003 mobility features do not rely on that. Saving a LDIF dump may be a good idea before you delete - this provides ability to recreate the object if required. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.e...

outlook deletes inbox mail
On about three occaisions, my computer has restarted itself while Outlook Express, and sometimes other applications have been open, without my prompting it to do so. Upon rebooting, my Outlook inbox messages are completely wiped out, however, my sent folders and deleted messages, address book, ect. remain the same, and with no data lost. Can someone tell me what has happened, or perhaps how I can recover these lost emails? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, C.C. Outlook or Outlook Express? If Outlook Express and you search your drive (use advanced option for hidden f...

Can I recover deleted archived .pst files?
I accidently deleted all of my archived folders, now I need to recover them, is there any way? I had hundreds of e-mails saved that of course I need. Sue State your Outlook version and information store. State how you deleted the files. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "royalpei" <royalpei@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B8236C3C-C139-4B03-B2ED-5B135DE9DCC1@microsoft.com... >I accidently deleted all of my archived folders, now I need to recover >them, > is there any way? I had hundreds of e-mails saved that of course I need. > > Sue &q...

Permanently delete only mail from Blocked Senders?
Outlook 2003 Is it possible to configure Junk Email Options to do the following? - Permanently delete mail from Blocked Senders (without sending it to the Junk Email Folder)? - And have suspected junk email from as-yet-unblocked senders sent to the Junk Email Folder (to allow me to determine whether I want to block that sender)? It appears that the "Permanently delete suspected junk email instead of moving it to the Junk Email Folder" checkbox (Junk Email Options > Options tab) would delete suspected junk email from as-yet-unblocked senders -- some of which you might want to re...