Decimal Point Auto Entry and Other Options

Have most of the Tools --> Options been removed going from Money 2004 to
Money 2005??  I just upgraded from Money 2004 Deluxe to Money 2005 Premium
and am unable to find the "Automatically insert decimal point in amount
field" option, and the many other options like it, that are normally under
the "Editing" tab in options.  I have been a loyal user for 6 years and have
loved the product, but to remove these sort of time-saving features seems
silly.
0
gheatly (2)
1/1/2005 9:07:02 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, gheatly wrote:

>Have most of the Tools --> Options been removed going from Money 2004 to
>Money 2005??  I just upgraded from Money 2004 Deluxe to Money 2005 Premium
>and am unable to find the "Automatically insert decimal point in amount
>field" option, and the many other options like it, that are normally under
>the "Editing" tab in options.  I have been a loyal user for 6 years and have
>loved the product, but to remove these sort of time-saving features seems
>silly.

Tools->Settings->AccountSettings(global)->"Automatically insert
decimal point in amount field"
0
via_newsgroup (13113)
1/1/2005 9:16:12 PM
That darn scroll bar.  :)

Thanks Cal!!

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, gheatly wrote:
>
> >Have most of the Tools --> Options been removed going from Money 2004 to
> >Money 2005??  I just upgraded from Money 2004 Deluxe to Money 2005 Premium
> >and am unable to find the "Automatically insert decimal point in amount
> >field" option, and the many other options like it, that are normally under
> >the "Editing" tab in options.  I have been a loyal user for 6 years and have
> >loved the product, but to remove these sort of time-saving features seems
> >silly.
>
> Tools->Settings->AccountSettings(global)->"Automatically insert
> decimal point in amount field"

0
gheatly (2)
1/2/2005 1:17:01 AM
Thanks - also worked for MS Money Premium Plus

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, gheatly wrote:
>
> >Have most of the Tools --> Options been removed going from Money 2004 to
> >Money 2005??  I just upgraded from Money 2004 Deluxe to Money 2005 Premium
> >and am unable to find the "Automatically insert decimal point in amount
> >field" option, and the many other options like it, that are normally under
> >the "Editing" tab in options.  I have been a loyal user for 6 years and have
> >loved the product, but to remove these sort of time-saving features seems
> >silly.
>
> Tools->Settings->AccountSettings(global)->"Automatically insert
> decimal point in amount field"

0
neil7418 (200)

auto insert $
Ugh! My mind is blank! I don't remember how to do this, I want the $ to appear automatically whenever enter numbers in my sheet. Thanks! Format the cell as Currency. Either: 1 Right click cell, select Format Cells, choose Number (tab), selec Currency. 2 Hit the Currency format toolbar shortcut button (found on th Formatting toolbar). 3 Select desired cells, hit Ctrl + Shift + 4 (keyboard shortcut) -- firefyt ----------------------------------------------------------------------- firefytr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=664 View th...

receipt request options greyed out
Under tracking options in outlook 2000 tools the option to send receipts is selected and greyed out. Does anyone know why this option is not available? Thanks. I didn't test it, but I think you have to be using an Exchange server for it to work. You running Exchange? Dave >-----Original Message----- >Under tracking options in outlook 2000 tools the option to send receipts is >selected and greyed out. Does anyone know why this option is not available? >Thanks. > > >. > Check your mode in Outlook- Help->About->Second line should say Internet Mail O...

SOP NonInventory Unit Cost 6 Decimal Places
Is there any simple way to increase the currency decimal places to greater than the current highest value of 5? Thanx Scott, I don't believe there is any easy or even moderately difficult way to do this, as the field types used to store amounts in GP only go up to 5 decimal places. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html blog: http://www.victoriayudin.com "Scott Rutledge" <sersoar@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:E102B81B-8555-400E-843C-240C58794294@microsoft.com... > Is there any...

Reduce currency decimals
Hi, Is there any tool which will reduce the currency decimals on our Great Plains system. We want to reduce our system currency decimals. Thank you. KT I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but there's Tools >> Utilities >> Inventory >> Change Decimal Places This utility can change the decimal places for items. I don't know of any system-wide change for decimal places. Eleni "KT" wrote: > Hi, > > Is there any tool which will reduce the currency decimals on our Great > Plains system. We want to reduce our system currency decimals....

decimal problem
Hi all I a very strange effect when using different decimal settings and calculating some values: DECLARE @Decimal1 decimal(5, 2) DECLARE @Decimal2 decimal(30, 2) SET @Decimal1 = 0.2 SET @Decimal2 = 0.2 SELECT (CONVERT(decimal(15, 15), 0.000000000322900) * (1 - @Decimal1)) SELECT (CONVERT(decimal(15, 15), 0.000000000322900) * (1 - @Decimal2)) The first result is correct (0.00000000025832000), the second is wrong, why ??? Thanks for any comments Best regards Frank Uray Hi Frank This is what happens when you multiple these precision&scales Precision 15 + 3...

Decimal
In a laboratory test we do the temperature has to be reported to the nearest 0.5�C. Can anyone let me know how to format it so that when the result is a whole number, it leaves the decimal point out? eg 22�C or 22.5�C (not 22.�C or 22.0�C) Alan "Alan Cocks" <alandrob@netspace.net.au> wrote in message news:btlqhd$19fi$1@otis.netspace.net.au... > In a laboratory test we do the temperature has to be reported to the > nearest 0.5�C. > Can anyone let me know how to format it so that when the result is a whole > number, it leaves the decimal point out? &g...

auto archive messages on mailbox store
Hi there, I'm in a bit of a jam, I used to archive all messages sent or received on a mailbox store to a public folder. Somehow, I have changed my configuration and I don't know how. Now in the public folder I have each mail (which is received) logged twice, once as an e-mail, once as a post to the public folder. It used to be only the post. Any ideas on how to get back to the old situation where it was only posted, or even better to the situation where only the e-mail is logged (provides more functionality than a post). My system is win2k server SP4 and exch2k3 SP1. Kind re...

auto text
im now using windows 7 and am trying to figure out how to have formatted text phrases that i use over and over again in email replys in outlook to automatically fill in so i dont have to type them all out every time. used to be auto text but now i cant figure out how it works in the windows 7 system. any help is greatly appreciated. Assuming your using the same version of Office / Outlook as before nothings changed by using Win7 "skyler" <skyler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24E7547A-9623-4499-95A7-60B3AAC5D704@microsoft.com... > im no...

Auto loans show up as credit card accounts
Hello, when I setup my accounts by connecting to my bank, my two car loans showed up as credit card accounts. I would prefer that they be loan accounts. Should I just delete the credit accounts and create new loan accounts? Will this mess up my online updates? What version? (I.e., is it M05?) What connection protocol? (I.e., is it Yodlee?) "Dennis Danielson" <Dennis Danielson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9616E9CA-FBC6-4BA7-8DB6-520D14A02158@microsoft.com... > Hello, when I setup my accounts by connecting to my bank, my two car loans > showed up ...

VBA code and decimals
I have some VBA code as this: rrows=lastrow/4 if lastrow is 138 then rrows should be 34.5 but I always get 34(no decimal) How do I fix that Thanks I just did this and got 34.5 Sub lastrowdecimal() lastrow = 138 rrows = lastrow / 4 MsgBox rrows End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "pcor" <pcor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F21838BC-42AA-48A3-9B0C-D2139287A187@microsoft.com... >I have some VBA code as this: > rrows=lastrow/4 > > if lastrow is 138 then rrows should be 34.5 but I always get 34(no > decimal) >...

Currency and the number of decimal places
I have an application which has neen running for a number of years, firstly on Access2000 then XP and now on Access 2003. It uses many currency fields for invoicing , credit notes etc. Each field which is of currency type has the decimal property set to 2. Up until recently the ATB balanced fine but lately it has been a few cents out. The reason is that some amounts have been put in with 3 decimal places and some calculations (eg GST of 10% of $398.68 returning to the GST field a value of $39.868) returning 3 decimal places. I guess with the calculations, I can code to make sure only ...

Drop Down Lists and Auto Fill
I am trying to create a bid calculater. I have created a dropdown list of equipment. Each piece of equipment has a rental rate and an operator rate. How can I make it so when I select a piece of equipment from my drop down list the rental rate is pulld too? You would normally use a VLOOKUP for this, something like: =VLOOKUP(A1,table,2,0) assuming A1 is where your drop-down is, "table" is a named range covering your data (which may be in another sheet), and that the rate you want is the second column of "table". Hope this helps. Pete On Mar 21, 3:52 pm, Ken <K......

Decimal number to percentage formula (newbie question)
I've got a column full of numbers like 0.5, 1.0, etc. I need them to look like 0.500%. I figured out how to format the cells so that 0.5 looks like 0.500, but when I change the cell format to percentage, it makes 0.500 into 50.000%. So I figured out how to make a formula that divides 0.500 by 100 (=R1C6/100), resulting in 0.005, which I can format to a percentage and get 0.500%. Where I'm stumped is in applying that formula to the entire column. Instead of =R1C6/100, I want my formula to say =all rowsC6/100. How do I tell it {allrows}? Thanks for putting up with a newbie Ken Benson ...

Auto-Send a premade .OFT file from Command Line
Is there any way you can send a pre-made .OFT file automatically to a pre-determined email address? The effect I want is something similar to the logic below: send welcome-message.OFT to <thisemailaddress@whatever.com> Of course the above would just send the pre-written welcome message to the specified email address, without asking any questions -- just do it. where does the specified address come from? if from an incoming email, try rules and choose the option to replay using a specific template. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours C...

How do I get the Save AS CSV option?
I'm attempting to perform a Save As CSV - comma delimited. I don't have the option. How do I get it? Search and Record wrote: > I'm attempting to perform a Save As CSV - comma delimited. I don't have the > option. How do I get it? Save As- then change the drop-down-box "Save as Type" at the bottom of the window. There's an option for CSV -- Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burgess-Parker Director www.gbpcomputing.co.uk ...

Any point to Task Manager when we have others?
Like Process Explorer? Any other recommendations? I need a program that has more power to un-freeze a program that strangles my little computer and won't let go, than Task Manager (which usually works but not always). What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this machine (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you bought it)? -- ~Robear Dyer (P...

No decimals?
Hello! Is it possible to stop Money (2005) from using decimal places in the base currency? I am using a currency that uses only integers and no cents (because cents are almost worthless), and invoices amounts usually get some cents due to sales tax calculations, Is it possible to get rid of them? I find this very annoying since cents accumulate over several transactions, and end up with an slightly unreal balance... Thanks! Keiv Hi, It was possible in older version (pobably until 2001). You had to change the Windows's regional settings in the control panel before a new file creatio...

Count digits before decimals and after decimals
Dear expert, Would like to count the digits before decimals and after decimals. For example, 111975.35 should be 6 digits before decimals and 2 digits after decimals 12456.25 should be 5 and 2 2478.24 should be 4 and 2 248.37 should be 3 and 2 Using LEN does not help. Can you help please? Hi, Why doesn't LEN help. try these =LEN(INT(A1)) and for the decimal portion =IF(ISERROR(FIND(".",A1)),0,LEN(A1)-FIND(".",A1)) -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while...

Different Starting Points on X-Axis
Hi there, I'm trying to plot an exponential smoothing line chart with x-values from 1 to 20. There are two series, the original data points and the smoothed data points. The problem with this is that the starting point is different. For the original data points (series1), the first value starts at 1 and goes to 20. For the smoothed data points (series2), the first value starts at 2 and goes to 20. When I try to chart the line graph in Excel 2003 by selecting the y-values for series2 starting at x=2, the chart actually begins at x=1. I was just wondering if anyone knows how to chang...

cannot protect sheet with auto filter
Hi, heres what I have xp home xp office suite. I am using a sheet for grocery list database with auto filter. the headers at the top are like "quantity", "Item", "catagory". Normally I can select cells that I want to enter data and unlock them. then protect the sheet. but...with an auto filter If I select the headers mentioned above and lock them, then select all other cells and unlock them. the auto filter pull down list's dont pull down cause the headers are locked. Im explaining this the best I can but I may be leaving something out. Anyone? Greg ...

Entry point not found error
Running XPPro; Outlook 2000. Reinstalled Windows after removing SP2 update. With Outlook open, when I click on Outlook Today, I get this popup box message: "Personal Folders-Microsoft Outlook: Outlook.exe-Entry point not found. The procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library MSDART.DLL." Clicking "OK" does not get rid of the box. I have to close the program to get rid of it. I tried repairing MSOffice, but that did not help. What do I need to do? Visit Windows Update and get the latest version of MDAC. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Ou...

Auto colour change in cells?
Can I have Excel automatically change the colour of cell data so that entered data will be a differed colour from future days cells? Beemer Hi Beemer! Use Select the range that contains your dates Format > Conditional Formatting Cell value is Greater Than =TODAY() Format button Select format OK OK -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au "Beemer" <Beemer@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:MPG.1b3b4a29cbe5f8d39896a0@news.microsoft.com... > Can I have Excel automatically change the colour of cell data so > that > entered...

European vs American decimals
I have transferred a chart with statistics from an American Website to my Dutch version of Excel 2003. All the statistics are stated in the American format (with a period as the decimal sign): example = 8.6 I am not able to make formulas because Excel doesn't seem to recognize the period (.) as a decimal sign. (all my equations get the answer 0) I would like to know how to change the period into a comma(the Dutch decimal sign), so that I can use the formula function. or I would like to know how to make Excel recognize the Amerian format to use the formula function. Thank you H...

Copy multiple charts from Excel to Power Point
I want to copy multiple charts at the same time into PowerPoint. I can only copy one chart at a time and my presentation includes 34 charts, Thanks Jon Peltier has sample code that may help you: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/XL_PPT.html#chartsslides Genef wrote: > I want to copy multiple charts at the same time into PowerPoint. I can only > copy one chart at a time and my presentation includes 34 charts, > Thanks -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Auto sum / total 2 fields in a record
Auto sum 2 fields in a record Hi. This is incredibly easy to do in Excel but I’m afraid it’s eluding and frustrating me in Access!!! I have a very simple table with 5 columns formatted to collect money amounts. So, the User would enter the 5 money amounts into each record. So far so good…. The first 2 fields in each record collect “Income from farm”, the second field collects “Income from shop”. I’d like a 3rd field to automatically add up the content of what’s been entered in the first 2 fields (the 3rd field should never accept user input directly) and display that resul...