Debt and Equity Accounts

Greetings,

I am still learning much of this with regards to my business so please bare
with me.

In most other accounting systems, if I purchase an item for my business from
my personal account (or with cash).  I would create a new journal entry with
a debit to whatever account the item was and a credit to an Owner Equity
account.

This looks to be different in Microsoft Money.  I have elecrtonic access to
my personal and business accounts with MS Money.  When this same type of
transaction occurrs, do I simply apply the correct business account to the
personal bank account item?  I tried this and the reports do seem to reflect
things correctly except, how do I determine the total amount of cash I have
personally invested in the company; simce I am not explicitly crediting an
equity account?

Thank you in advance for your help!

--
Bob Mixon
Microsoft SharePoint (MOSS) MVP

Account segment modification
Hi all, I am trying to change the existing COA in GP9 using PSTL. Currently the COA as 3 segment of 10 charcter length with (Department-NaturalAcc-SubAcc as ADM-1000-100) . But in the present scenario, we dont need the department seg in our COA. So we tried in creating the new list of COA with department field as empty eg: ( -1000-100). We had transfered the balances from old accounts to new one using PSTL, which had also updated the histroty transaction. Since we no need the first segment which is department given as empty in the new COA list need to be deleted from GP. But GP does...

Direct deposit to saving accounts not showing up in budget...
I have set up a budget in Money 2004, but I can not find a way to 'budget' the direct deposits (transfer) that I have set up with my bank from my primary checking account to my four saving accounts. The saving accounts are not listed as a catagory or subcatagory so there is no way that I see to tie them all together so that when the transfer takes place it reflects the same in my budget. Any help on this issues would be great. Thanks... Honus. This may be a FAQ; check the FAQ website for details. If it's not, here's an attempt at an answer: transfers between account...

Account Lockouts from Exchange?
Hello, everyone: I'm having some difficulty, and I'm hoping that someone out there has some insight. I have attached a lot of materials to this post, so if I refer to something, and you don't see it right away, just scroll down. Last week, I implemented an account lockout policy on our Windows Server 2003 domain. Almost immediately, my account was locked out. I set the account lockout threshold to 5 attempts, over a 30 minute period, and to lock out indefinitely. I assumed that I had logged onto someone's machine and they had then typed in their password and locked me...

Error: Line accounts missing or invalid
I have an error when trying to post a sales invoice for a single item that reads: **One or more line items contain warnings or errors *ERROR: Line accounts are missing or invalid Myself & others have checked the distribution & everything is valid. This is the first transaction we are posting in a GP 10.0 instance. I am wondering if a field or flag somewhere needs to be checked. Any help would be appreciated. Adam Adam, If this is in Sales Order Processing, go to the Sales Item Detail Entry (click on the line item, then on the blue arrow to the right of the 'Item Numbe...

Project accounting info for vendor does not exist on version 9
We have 15 companies, of which only ONE company uses project accounting. User ID does NOT have access to the alternate POP window to show project information. Why are we receiving the error that the vendor does not have PA info setup, when we are not using PA in this company? How do we shut this off for window that is not showing PA? As well in the company that will be using PA, if the PA info does NOT show on the window, we are entering regular POs therefore we do NOT want any PA info for the vendor. ...

Writing off Bad debt
How can write invoices from my recievables as bad debt? At the risk of sounding flip, use the Bad Debt Writeoff function.... This is found under Tools->Routines->Sales->Write Off Documents. You do need to have the Write-Off GL account filled in in Posting Accounts (Tools -> Setup -> Posting ->Posting Accounts or in the Customer Account Maintenance window under the Accounts Button off of the Customer card). Check the Help for instructions on using this screen or, if you have a copy, it's covered in Confessions of a Dynamics GP Consultant available from your VAR or...

multiple email accounts
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I set up four email accounts for work, each with a different domain, but they are all sent through my verizon.net email, and my entourage is set up via the verizon email. (I wish I could be more technical with my explanation.) Right now, if someone sends an email to one of my email accounts (one of the domains), I get four duplicate emails in my inbox. I had this set up on outlook before and it worked fine. Any suggestions? The key is not to enter any incoming server details for "sent-only" accounts. Since you...

M2004 Std: Exclude Account from Net Worth
Is there any option to exclude an account from the net worth computation at the bottom of the account list screen in Money 2004 standard? I have a college savings account for my daughter, and don't really consider that money to be "mine" and would like it to stop adding to my net worth. Thanks. While the Net Worth report is open, select "Customize". Within the customize screen, select the "Account" tab on the top and then scroll through the list of accounts. Uncheck the account that you do not want counted in your net worth. That's it. Jeff &q...

Analytical Accounting should work with Allocation Accounts
Analytical Accouting should allow posting to Allocation Accounts and roll down the allocation dollars to the distribution accounts just as it rolls down general ledger dollars to the allocation distribution accounts. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. htt...

Multiple email accounts
I'm not sure of the best place to ask this question so here goes: I have Comcast internet at one location and CenturyTel DSL at another. I have a Comcast email address and a Earthlink.net email address. I have Outlook set up to scan both accounts at both locations. I also have a laptop set up to scan both accounts when travelling. When at the Comcast location I reply to a message addressed to the Earthlink address I must change the sending account to the Comcast address. Likewise when at the location with CenturyTel DSL. When travelling and in a hotel I must go to the...

How do I properly synchronize my email account with Outlook?
The incoming mail server is set to "mail.comcast.net" and the outgoing mail server is set to "smtp.comcast.net", but I do not RECEIVE any of the emails sent to this address on my Outlook software. Please note that I can SEND email from outlook. Any guidance would be sincerely appreciated. On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 13:37:10 -0700, "Maryam Sabbaghian" <Maryam Sabbaghian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >The incoming mail server is set to "mail.comcast.net" and the outgoing mail >server is set to "smtp.comcast.net", but I do not REC...

SELF Account in Mailbox Properties
E2K3 SP1 Mixed Mode All new users that I create in E2K3 have the SELF account on the Mailbox Permissions. The actual user account never appears. I understand that the SELF account appears when a mailbox is first created, but I thought that it would be replaced by the user account once they logon and replication occurs. All my E55 users that I have moved to E2K3 have their accounts listed, but none of my original E2K3 users appear. Is this normal? Hi, This is not normal, looks like Recipient Update Service is not running, not configured or not configured correctly. Are addresses bein...

Void a payment to a custmer account
Its there a way to void a payment to an account. I tried the "Void a transaction" but apparently the payment to an accounts its not categorized as a transaction. I could just adjust the amount on the custmer account options, but I would still have the payment amount reflected on the register Any help would be appreciated Valentin Sosa ...

Too Much Debt???
http://www.toomuchdebt.INFO ...

Home Equity LOC
Hi, When I setup the account, it gets setup as a credit card account. Does anyone know of a way to set it up correctly so that the interest is tax deductible? Thanks, John What does the type of Money account have to do with tax deductibility of the interest??? You concern is with the Money tax estimator? Just make sure you enter the interest expense transactions or splits using a category (Interest Expense:Mortgage Interest or something like that) that is set in its Category Details to Include on Tax Reports, Tax Form Schedule A, Form Line Home mortgage interest (with Form 1098). "...

Outlook 2007 Accounts
I just moved from Live Mail (LM) to Outlook 2007. I have multiple email addresses that I use. In LM I set up separate accounts and then don't set the option to include this account when sending mail or synchronizing. I do not see that option in Outlook 2007 in the account set up page. First question is, "is this the best way to set up multiple email addresses" & second "is there anyway to not poll the POP3 server for all of these accounts since I'm going to the same mail server account for each one. Send/Receive Group settings (Open main Outlook window...

new email accounts
Hi. I set up new email acc't for daughter, but the emails come to my inbox - how to set up her own outlook inbox, calendar, etc? Did try setting up profiles, but didn't appear to work. I'm stumped! Using Outlook (not Express) 2002. Op sys ME. What process did you use to set up profiles? If you want to keep all of your data separate from each other, that would probably be the best way to do it. Try adding the second profile through Control Panel | Mail | Show Profiles, and make sure only one of the two e-mail accounts is added to each of the two profiles (you have yours, s...

Outlook 2003 & 2007 POP3 recieve with multiple accounts very slow
Hi, Forgive me if this is something easy to answer, but everything I find pertains to people asking about this from years ago with no real answers so I thought I'd post again. I have verified with both Outlook 2003 SP2 and Outlook 2007 that when downloading from multiple e-mail accounts (multiple POP3 accounts) simultaeneously the speed drops to a crawl. Here is a snippet of the OPMLog.log file where I have specifically just started the download from one account: 2007.09.13 14:55:54 POP3 (myserver): [tx] RETR 490 2007.09.13 14:55:54 POP3 (myserver): <rx> +OK Reading Message 2007....

Investment Cash Accounts #2
Help: I am a new Money 2007 user and am really confused by the cash account that is associated with my mutual fund account. It has all the buys and sells listed in it but now my total account balance is off by an amount equal to the cash account. Can someone give me a quick tutorial on how to use the cash account in conjunction with the investment account? Much thanks. Brent Gifford wrote: > Help: I am a new Money 2007 user and am really confused by the cash account > that is associated with my mutual fund account. It has all the buys and > sells listed in it but now my tot...

Help debt deduction M2007
Hello, I am frustrated in trying to get debt reduction setup. I have a sears card that I want to pay 250.00 a month. Money says the first payment must be 1400.00 How can I tell Money to pay just 250.00? also I have a fixed loan of 400.00 that does not change. I do not want money to roll payoffs into this amount. Thanks Frank ...

Outlook and multiple hotmail accounts
Hi. I have my normal hotmail account and one i use for newsgroups etc. I have both accounts set up within outlook 2003 as well as a single POP account. Outlook seems to get confused with the hotmail accounts. Sometimes one account's folders appear beneath both accounts in the 'Mail Folders' panel. I have to restart outlook to fix this. And sometimes outlook reports 'incorrect password' for one account which is perhaps outlook using the password from the other account. Are these known issues? Does outlook support multiple html mail accounts? I am fully patched/s...

Accounts
I have windows 7 with windows mail it always has works, untill the upgrade from microsoft. Now I have my mail again, but I can get my accounts on it. (sorry my english is not so good) I hope that someone can help me, to tell me how I can get my accounts again. "Mrs.More" <Mrs.More@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1108E832-6F80-474E-88C3-45CE03C34FFF@microsoft.com... >I have windows 7 with windows mail it always has works, untill the upgrade > from microsoft. Now I have my mail again, but I can get my accounts on it. > (sorry my english i...

Account information on contact form
Hi, I would like to show the main phone number of the parent customer on the contact form. But the field is not available. How can I do this. You do not have access to fields from related records on detail pages. You could add an IFRAME that has a custom ASPX page that displays the desired info though. Or you could use a callout to propogate the account phone changes to a field on the contacts. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Mads Bab" <MadsBab@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:519649E0-F643-4E6F-811F-34E8D6C16C10@microsoft.com... Hi, I would l...

Business capital investments & equity drawings
I own a small business decided that the business & personal version of Money is insufficient for its needs. I will continue using Microsoft Money for all of my personal finances but will use other software for the business. Could anyone offer some advice as to the best way to track capital investments and equity drawings, in which transfer personal funds into or out of the business? I thought about just recording those as deposits and withdraws assigned to categories for the capital investments and drawings against the business, but I'm not sure this is the best way. I would lik...

In Analytical Accounting, add the Vendor Code Attributes to FRx
In Great Plains, please include the Vendor type attributes (T_ATTR) in the FRx reports. This would be useful to see in reports and should work, considering most of the other attributes work. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Bus...