http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891338

0
liza500 (2)
11/4/2007 6:07:54 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Can anyone point me to some link to understand basics of templates... #2
Hi, I want to start with templates and if somebody can give me links where i can start with.. I am through with VC++ and other features like ATL even.. but have not used templates anytime.. -- Jigar Mehta ...

Cannot save personal options in crm 4
I am getting an error message " the text entered exceeds the maximum length" if I try and save any settings in personal options Using CRM 4.0 Anyone else having the same issue ? ...

Hyperlink to folder on Save
Hi I'm losing the link to my folder when I save my worksheet having set it up a hyperlink. I've tried switiching off 'update links on Save' in the Web Options which seems to work OK but when anyone else opens the file form another network PC, the link is lost again when they save the document. Is there anyway I can lock the hyperlink down so the address doesn't get aleter when its saved on other network PCs? Try using the HYPERLINK() function instead =HYPERLINK("file:////c:\filename.xls","Book1") -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "F...

personal folder size showing different #2
Why is personal folder size showing different in outlook and windows explorer. In outlook personal folder properties, it shows 2706KB but in explorer it shows 2500KB. pls help to advise asap. thanks ...

Filter by Color #2
Our office spreadsheets are very colorful (different color means different things). Is there an easy way I can filter specific column by color? For example, filter by green or yellow. Thanks I have another column that has codes in it that correspond to the colors in the column I want to sort.......sorting on the code column effectively gives me a sort on the colored column..... Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Eileen Li" <eileenli68@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:046501c37a6d$05427050$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Our office spreadsheets are very colorful (different > colo...

how do I stop clipboard from italicizing when I paste? #2
Bobballuia;701259 Wrote: > I would think that either your document is set to italicize or whatever you copied was already italicized. Have you checked both? -- Dianne ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Dianne's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=1755 View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=196205 http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz ...

Why is formatting lost when saving from .xlsx to .xls?
I have EXCEL 2007 but most of the people I work with still have 2003 EXCEL. When I create a file and save it as an .xls (2003) file, it loses all the formating (i.e. currency, percentages, color fill, etc..). If I keep the file in 2007 (.xlsx) formt it is okay, but the users I work with can not view it. How do I get the file to retain the formatting when saved as 2003 version of EXCEL? Probably because Microsoft did not test for this before they released the software. Best thing to do in the long term is to upgrade all your users to 2007 so that you do not run into probl...

Check printing #2
Is there a setting in "selecting checks" that you can set to have all checks over a certain dollar amount pull to the end of the check run? I'm guessing that you are out of luck. The only reference that I have here is a version 7.0 set up for Canada. It appears that the only sort methods are by payment number, name, Province-City, or Postal Code. Exactly the same options are availabe in Mekorma MICR for version 7.0. You might be able to do something with Mekorma's SDK but of course that would require that you purchase their check writing product. Lyle On Wed, 22 Sep 200...

Saving a document
I have OS X 3.2, Office v.X and an iMac. Whenever I try to save a Word or Excel file the save window opens behind the menu and toolbars at the top of the screen. The top portion of the save window, including the field to name the file, is hidden behind the menu and toolbars. I cannot move or resize the save window. Unfortunately this means I can't name my file so I accept the default ("untitled" in Word and "Workbookx" in Excel), save it to my desktop, go to my desktop to rename the file and move it to it's proper location. This is driving me crazy! There must...

Moving Mail #2
One of the clients that I administrate has had a client leave and would like one their remaining clients to have the old clients mailed moved over. They are running Exchange 2003. Thank you. "Kevin Unger" <Kevin Unger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >One of the clients that I administrate has had a client leave and would like >one their remaining clients to have the old clients mailed moved over. They >are running Exchange 2003. Thank you. Either give the new user access to the departed person's mailbox, or move the contents of the mailbox to a PST and giv...

Outlook problems #2
I am currently using Microsoft XP and cannot open my Outlook. When I attempt to open, the page initially opens for approx 15-20 seconds, then issues an error message. The Error page pops up stating "Microsoft has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused." On the same pop up card, it gives the opportunity to notify Microsoft directly of the problem via a "report". 2 boxes are at the bottom of the card, "Send error report" or "Don't send". Can anyone please tell me what to do? I have had this problem ...

Unwanted Formula Display #2
I'm using Excel XP, preparing cost estimates. In my summary page, cell references display the name and total of each category, from the associated category page in the document. When I insert a new line for a new category, and "point and shoot" to assign the formula, e.g., ="A425", it displays the formula rather than the cell reference value, e.g., "Carpentry". I've tried formatting the cell as Text and General, copying another cell reference that is displaying correctly, and then editing the formula, and painting the new cell from one that is wor...

Opening E-Mails saved with OE
My Company recently switched over from Outlook Express to Outlook. Over the past couple of years employees have been saving .eml files in various folders on the file server. Is there any way to convert these files to Outlook format(.msg) so that they can be read and forwarded using Outlook 2000. Thank you, Josh First import them in Outlook Express again and the export them from within OE into Outlook. Note that the eml-files can also be opened in a text-editor like Notepad. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, ...

[ANN] PLCash 2.0 released
Dear Newsgroup: Version 2.0 of PLCash, a free Java personal finance program, has been released today. It sports many new features including a powerful report generator. Download at http://www.arachnoid.com/PLCash, and please tell me what you think at http://www.arachnoid.com/messages. Thank you. -- Paul Lutus http://www.arachnoid.com ...

Macros on Protected Sheets #2
Hi , Now I have tried Alan's Solution to be able to run my Macros in Protected sheets but as I am not VB literate, I think I have made a Syntax mistake. Sub Newaction() Sheet("Critical Path").Unprotect ("My Password") ' Newaction Macro ' Macro recorded 17/11/2004 by Clifford ' ' Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="=" Sheet("Critical Path").Protect ("My Password") End Sub I receive a message "Compile error" "Sub or function not defined" Can you tell me what's wrong ? Regards ...

Save on Ink for your printers
http://www.qksrv.net/click-782448-9238830 Price Get OEM printer ink quality at a fraction of the cost. We offer high quality 100% compatible inkjet cartridges for Epson, Canon, Brother, and Xerox printers. Black inkjet cartridges from $3.99, color cartridges from $5.99. We also offer Genuine OEM HP, Canon, Lexmark, Sharp, and Xerox printer ink cartridges and laser toner cartridges at discount prices. If you're looking to save some money, cheap inkjet refill kits are just what you need. Each refill kit comes with 2 full refills. All of our cheap inkjet refill kits are cartridge specific an...

Outlook Today customize #2
Have Outlook 2000 installed on a laptop running Windows 2000 Pro. Running off a Exchange Server, cannot customize the Outlook Taday. Any suggestions? <wojcik.rey@grr.sysco.com> wrote in message news:028a01c3dec7$b8ecf120$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Have Outlook 2000 installed on a laptop running Windows > 2000 Pro. Running off a Exchange Server, cannot customize > the Outlook Taday. Any suggestions? www.google.com - this must be the MOST frequently-asked question about Outlook 2000. I have the same problem. I'm using Windows XP and Outlook 2000, and am "sharing&q...

excel save hangs
Hi, I have a spreadsheet that hangs when I save it after opening. I have tried the following with no success: 1. save as 2. copy to another directory and save there 3. copy to another PC. I noticed that everytime I save a strange file gets added to the directory and the excel program ends up using 100% cpu. Other spreadsheets do OK. This one is different in that the columns got populated from a database query; but I don't know if that's relevant. Same results on XP and Windows 2000. Ideas anyone? Thanks. Maria Maria, Try changing the data range properties so ...

Macro to delete an entire row with cells missing a specific chartacter #2
Hey Harald, This is the script I am using to remove "IS" Sub Findanddelete_IS() Dim rng As Range Dim what As String what = "IS" Do Set rng = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Find(what) If rng Is Nothing Then Exit Do Else Rows(rng.Row).Delete End If Loop End Sub So...my programming experience is a tiny bit limited, not sure how t delete anything missing the IS as opposed to containing the IS. understand in theory but my knowledge of syntax is the limiter. Harald Staff Wrote: > Hi Asf > > This is far more useful if you figure it out yourself, since you'r > pr...

saving Excel File #2
Every Time I save an excel File It saves as read only. Also when i move excell files from othe computers it becomes read only instantly. Please Help Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#ReadOnly -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:7BC5BBF8-1D21-4210-B722-51B214617E9A@microsoft.com... > Every Time I save an excel File It saves as read only. Also when i move > excell files from othe computers it becomes read only instantly. Please Help ...

Identifing specific folders for saving e-mail
When you set up folders on the left side of Microsoft Outlook 2000 - can you identify the location that the saved e-mails and attachments can be sent to ...

Item Lookup Code #2
Does the item lookup code have a maximum number of characters it should be? If it is too long, does the bar code become unreadable? What would be max number of characters to have for the item lookup code? Thanks 25 Maybe, see next Depends on your barcode scanner's readable field width. Most lasers read longer/wider barcodes than CCDs. If you will ever need to remember the ILC, then like the telephone company used to say, 7 digits max. -- * "Nick @ REAL" <NickREAL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF8D06C1-6DE5-47BB-B3E8-8ABEC1C79148@microsoft.com...

Outlook not working #2
My outlook (2003) is not working. I cannot download e-mail and when I attempt to create a new e-mail, set a new contact, etc. I get an error message which states "Messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If problem persists restart outlook." Restarting outlook does not solve the problem. I reinstalled Office suite (including Outlook) but it did not repair the problem. Does any one know if it would help to uninstall and then reinstall Office (professional)? Can I uninstall and reinstall only the outlook? ARe there any problems I should anticipate anticipate if...

Seems Simple But I Cant Get It ! #2
THIS IS MY PROBLEM: i got a row with alpha_num entries(e.g RN1, P2, EN4) i wan to count the number of entries that has the number 1 behind the first two alphabet. -- cjjoo ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cjjoo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26916 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=471033 Slight modification of Biff's formula should do it, after you substitute your own range: =SUMPRODUCT(--(RIGHT(A1:F1,1)="1")) - DH cjjoo wrote: > THIS IS MY PROB...

Daylight settings ?
My location is India we don't have any daylight settings. What I want to know is , is that possible for me to view or feel the Daylight changes (adding/subtracting an Hour) by changing the system TimeZone alone ( eg Pacific Time ) ?? somewhere I read daylight settings will start at 2:00 AM of first Sunday in April and end last Sunday in October for US. thx Jibesh.V.P "jibesh" <jibesh.vp@m2comsys.com> wrote in message news:uXxhW5H1DHA.1764@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > My location is India we don't have any daylight settings. What I want to > k...