Data Error in MS Money 2002

I've been using Money 02 for yrs now and have always
imported data from my bank's website.  I just recently
tried to import my monthly data and received the
following msg, "The file you attempted to import appears
to be invalid or contains corrupt data.  Please download
the file again.  If this problem continues, contact your
financial institution."  I dbl checked format and called
bank's IT support 2 times but no issues reported from
their end.  Is this a Money problem and has anyone
experienced same?  Please help.

Thanks - Brian
0
anonymous (74721)
7/8/2004 2:08:46 AM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Brian wrote:

>I've been using Money 02 for yrs now and have always
>imported data from my bank's website.  I just recently
>tried to import my monthly data and received the
>following msg, "The file you attempted to import appears
>to be invalid or contains corrupt data.  Please download
>the file again.  If this problem continues, contact your
>financial institution."  I dbl checked format and called
>bank's IT support 2 times but no issues reported from
>their end.  Is this a Money problem and has anyone
>experienced same?  Please help.

Consider naming the bank. If you expect somebody to recognize the
symptom occurring recently, that would be significant.

Save the data file to your hard drive, and examine it with a text
editor. Is it an OFX file? If so, "OFX" will occur in the first few
lines of the file.

Identifying a flaw in an OFX file can be very complex. One simple
one you could check for is the appearance of an ampersand character
without starting a sequence such as "&".  So if you have ATT
stock, it should be shown as AT&T and Tom&Jerry should appear as
Tom&Jerry .

That is an easy-to-find one-- not a probability. Others are
typically more complex to analyze.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
7/8/2004 2:35:26 AM
There is also the OFX Analyzer tool available at
http://www.microsoft.com/money/partner/tools.asp#analyze
which might be able to help identify the problem.
Of course, these tools are more intended for the various finanacial
institutions to use and not for the average user.

-Mark

> In microsoft.public.money, Brian wrote:
>
> >I've been using Money 02 for yrs now and have always
> >imported data from my bank's website.  I just recently
> >tried to import my monthly data and received the
> >following msg, "The file you attempted to import appears
> >to be invalid or contains corrupt data.  Please download
> >the file again.  If this problem continues, contact your
> >financial institution."  I dbl checked format and called
> >bank's IT support 2 times but no issues reported from
> >their end.  Is this a Money problem and has anyone
> >experienced same?  Please help.
>
> Consider naming the bank. If you expect somebody to recognize the
> symptom occurring recently, that would be significant.
>
> Save the data file to your hard drive, and examine it with a text
> editor. Is it an OFX file? If so, "OFX" will occur in the first few
> lines of the file.
>
> Identifying a flaw in an OFX file can be very complex. One simple
> one you could check for is the appearance of an ampersand character
> without starting a sequence such as "&AMP;".  So if you have ATT
> stock, it should be shown as AT&AMP;T and Tom&Jerry should appear as
> Tom&AMP;Jerry .
>
> That is an easy-to-find one-- not a probability. Others are
> typically more complex to analyze.

0
abcd7779 (838)
7/8/2004 4:05:34 PM
dbl cked file & heading shows OFX file although downloaded
file is saved as *.tmpl

have always saved like this just never had the issue
importing.  would it help to change file type to *.ofx &
then import?

thanks - B

..

0
anonymous (74721)
7/8/2004 4:23:32 PM
In microsoft.public.money, <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>dbl cked file & heading shows OFX file although downloaded
>file is saved as *.tmpl
>
>have always saved like this just never had the issue
>importing.  would it help to change file type to *.ofx &
>then import?

Probably not, but seems worth a try. Certainly you would need to
save the file to disk if you wanted to check the file.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

horizontal data to vertical data

ms excel 2000 password
I am using MSExcel2000. I want the user to enter the password everytime they open the excel sheet. I tried to go the option Tools----Option but there is no Security Tab. What is the other way in Excel2000 to set the password for the file? Hi you have to go to the Tools menu within the Saveas dialog ('File - Saveas') "Ash" wrote: > I am using MSExcel2000. I want the user to enter the password everytime they > open the excel sheet. I tried to go the option Tools----Option but there is > no Security Tab. What is the other way in Excel2000 to set the password for...

export public folder data?

storing read only data

Errors in application log at the begining of backups
I am getting the following error messages at the begining of our backup rotation every day since the server was stood up (error at the end of this thread). The system is an Exchange 2003 SP1 sitting on Windows 2003 (not sp1). This system only houses mailboxes (no Public folders). The backup is veritas netbackup 4.5. The backup completes successfully about 3 hours later and all log files are deleted as expected. Any thoughts? Event Type: Error Event Source: ESE BACKUP Event Category: Callback Event ID: 904 Date: 10/12/2005 Time: 11:08:47 PM User: N/A Computer: EATL0MS203 Descriptio...

How to organize data?

Selecting specific data #2
Hi everyone I have another little problem. I have got a list of 20 items on sheet1, Cells A1 - A20 (numbered 1 - 20) and Cells B1 - B20 are items relating to that number, ie, number 1 = Concrete, number 2 = walls, and so on. Now on sheet 2 I have a table, again cell range A1:B20. I would like to know a formula so that when I enter a number in to column A, the corresponding item to that number appears in column B. ie, if I enter number 8 in Cell A1 on sheet 2, then I would like Floor to appear in Cell B1. Does this make sense? -- Thanks in advance for your help Lee Hi Lee Data range i...

OLE error opening Mac .pst on PC
We are getting the following error message when trying to open SOME folders within a .pst on a PC where the .pst originated on the Mac (Outlook 2001 for Mac): "Unable to open folder. An OLE registration error occurred. The program is not correctly installed. Run Setup again for the program." The saved mail folder and subfolders all show up, and most can be opened and messages seen, but when you click on some of the folders/subfolders, you get the error message above. COuldn't find anything on the Knowledge Base about this problem. The folders and subfolders all open just f...

RE Outlook 2002 Archive
Hi When I archive certain mail from Outlook 2002. How can I see what is in the archive file later. Mark <markvw@jmbs.co.za> wrote: > Hi > > When I archive certain mail from Outlook 2002. How can I > see what is in the archive file later. Just open the Archive PST. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't speak for Smiths, and Smiths doesn't speak for me. ...

What was your data migration experience for MS CRM 3.0?
Has anyone used DMF 3.0 to migrate data into CRM using its wizards or stored proceedures? What happened and how did you do it? Andy It's a bit unwieldy, but if you follow the documentation closely and do thorough tests it is a helpful tool. You should be prepared to do some extensive data cleansing and search the newsgroups when you hit a roadblock. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Andy" wrote: > Has anyone used DMF 3.0 to migrate data into CRM using its wizards or > stored proceedures? > > What happened and how did you do it? >...

Last Column With Data
How do I check a certain row to find out the last column in the row that has data? Dim myRow as long dim LastCol as long myrow = 1243 with worksheets("SomeSheetnamehere") lastcol = .cells(myrow,.columns.count).end(xltoleft).column end with msgbox LastCol This will break if you've used the last column in that row -- or if you haven't used any cells in that row. Is that a problem? Bishop wrote: > > How do I check a certain row to find out the last column in the row that has > data? -- Dave Peterson This gives a interger...

MS Money SB 2005
Does any one know if Money Small Business invoicing will let you do a billing term of net 30th of the month. I have Money SB 2000 and it does not. Also from reading the comments 2005 is no better than 2000. Thanks Jenal ...

data file: how to start its application

merging data
I have a master file and 4 workbooks where individuals enter info daily. I need to update the master file workbook at the end of the day with the info from the 4 individual notebooks. How would I merge this data? I tried the "shared workbooks" process but it wouldn't let me do it. Please Help! Since your question is very "general", here's a "general" suggestion: Explore the use of links. Have all WBs open. Right click in a pertinent data cell of one of the 4 WBs, and choose "Copy". Navigate to the appropriate cell in the "Master&quo...

Random errors with attachments
We have three users who are getting random errors with attachments. All three are using Outlook 2002 with Windows 2000. The error occurs when adding attachments to a new e-mail as well as opening attachments that they receive. The error they get is "Can't create file: <file name>. Right-click the folder you want to create the file in, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder." We've tried everything we can think of to resolve this issue (reinstall Office, reinstall Outlook, recreate the user's profile on ...

If column contains a value
Hi, I am trying to apply some error trapping to my code now. I want to say that if a value (e.g. "Test") does not appear in Column A then carry on, otherwise if it does appear in Column A (on any row) then an error message pops up. Can this be done, and how? Thanks, Dim HowMany as long with worksheets("Somesheetnamehere") howmany = application.countif(.range("a:a"),"test") if howmany > 0 then 'it's there at least once else 'it's not there end if end with You may want: howmany = applic...

money 2002 #27
please help me! i cannot get money to start on my computer - i've been using money for over 5 years and have never had this problem before. i wanted to send a support request to microsoft, but they require the product serial number - since i can't start the program, i can't retrieve the number! what can i do? can anyone help me?? In microsoft.public.money, laura f wrote: >please help me! i cannot get money to start on my >computer - i've been using money for over 5 years and >have never had this problem before. i wanted to send a >support request to micro...

Vertical Data Extraction
Hi, I need to create a chart that is based on changing values. The Values are all stored vertically in a Worksheet called Percentage. The chart sheet contains a selection box where the user can select a specific search and a date and the selected conditions should be searched for and the chart should display results. Basically, when the user selects X in the first list box and Y in the second one, the code should search the Percentage worksheet for all instances of value=x and y and output. column Row Feature1 Feature2 Feature3 2000 0.5 8.3 10 2000 ...

Error in Recipient Update Service
Every time I try and update the Recipient Update Service, I get this error: An operations error occurred. Facility: LDAP Provider ID no: 80072020 Exchange System Manager Any ideas? ...

Pie Chart from data
Hi, I am trying to create a pie chart from the below data just to show the percentages of what work orders are maj, med and min. How do I set this up!! Thanks in Advance!!! how can i create a pie char By following the directions within the Chart Wizard. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <9265C290-B0B6-4CAD-B909-5EDFCE7DC415@microsoft.com>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > how can i create a pie chart > > ...

Shrinking a Money File
I just upgraded to Money 2006 and I archived all my records prior to 01/01/2004. Is there a way to now shrink my money file in size? It's still at 20 Megs, same as it was before the archive. I assume since a majority of the data has been archive that I can compress all the open space in the file? I tried repairing the file (Standard and quick) and that didn't shrink the file. Does anyone know of a way? Thanks.... This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C58BE6.00FFF300 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-En...