Credit card payments not showing up in budget planner

I have a question regarding Money 04.  I have set up my
checking acct, and charge accts and a budget where I put
my minimum payments due on the credit cards.  When I enter
a payment in the checking acct, the only way it shows up
in the credit card account is to do it as a transfer but
then that doesnt show up in the budget planner. If i put
it in the budget category it doesnt enter in an the cc
accounts.  If I then try to enter a payment on the acct it
shows up again in my checking register.  Help please if
you can. I found a similar question in the FAQ but am
still confused, really new to this arena.

0
anonymous (74722)
2/12/2004 6:37:59 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

I had this problem when I started up with Money last year.

The answer is that Money is looking at budgeting from an actual expense
perspective, while you're trying to look at budgeting from a cash flow
perspective.

From Money's perspective, a $600 purchase today at Best Buy for 6 months at
0% is an actual $600 expense you're incurring today.  The fact that you're
choosing to pay for this expense by paying $100/month for 6 months to
Citibank is a cash flow detail - tracked as a transfer between your two
accounts.

I've found that this actually helps me by including all recurring and
discretionary spending in the budget (and paying them in full every month),
allowing me to plan larger purchases by watching the cash flow over time.

Budgeting should help show you where you're money's going.  In the larger
picture, your money's going to Best Buy in a $600 lump, since that's the
obligation you assumed.  The 6x$100 transfers to Citibank doesn't really
help determine where it's going - they facilitate HOW you spent that money
at Best Buy...if you "get" it, looking at it this way can be useful - it
took some getting used to for me.

Hope this helps - John

"Susan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a question regarding Money 04.  I have set up my
> checking acct, and charge accts and a budget where I put
> my minimum payments due on the credit cards.  When I enter
> a payment in the checking acct, the only way it shows up
> in the credit card account is to do it as a transfer but
> then that doesnt show up in the budget planner. If i put
> it in the budget category it doesnt enter in an the cc
> accounts.  If I then try to enter a payment on the acct it
> shows up again in my checking register.  Help please if
> you can. I found a similar question in the FAQ but am
> still confused, really new to this arena.

0
john8356 (7)

Deleted Transactions in Budget
I have recently moved around the dates of some of my recurring transactions and deleted and recreated them. Money has handled this fine except for the budget. Under Automobile: Car payment, the subcategory in question, I have my two normal monthly budget items for this month and then three ghost budget items. They are blank with no information. When I right-click on them the Budget screen just blinks at me but goes nowhere. The normal budget items I can edit as usual. My total budgeted amount for this month under car payments includes the three ghost amounts. So I have a fake h...

Printing like Franklin planner
OK, I have been the eternal optiomist, buying all three versions of PlanPlus (from franklin planner) over the past few years. Always praying that they wil produce a decent software package. I am not trying to start a flame war here, but it is still missing what I consider to be crucial functionality. So I am ready to give up. BUT I like the basic print format of frankin, so, I am looking for anyone who might be able to help me figure out how to print (from outlook) a day on 2 pages, wiht the calendar and tasks on the left page, and the notes from the appts on the right hand page. Is there ...

Change default "Show names from the:" option
Clicking the "To:" button in a new Outlook email message brings up the "Select Names" dialog box. This dialog displays the contents of contact databases such as My Outlook Address Book and Global Address List. Is there a way to change the default database selected in the "Show names from the:" line from the current Global Address List to the contacts in my Outlook Address Book? My version of Outlook connects with an Exchange server to acces mail, contacts, etc. Thanks for any suggestions, Kerry You probably meant to post your Outlook version so we coul...

Contacts Don't show in new email
I put in a new contact in the contacts file but it will not show up when I hit "To" for a new email in Outlook. Under Address Book in Outlook, I have Contacts highlighted. I saw a previous question on the same subject,m but it didn't help. The emails are NOT underoined and I don't know what being registered means! What's the problem and howdo I fix it? -- Alan Zengel This statement of yours requires clarification: "The emails are NOT underoined and I don't know what being registered means!" The simple fact remains that if you created a...

How show table text, not auto id number
I'm in my alumni database CONTACTS table. Within this table is STATE where I have the alumni's state listed. It shows the actual NAME of the state, not the auto id number associated with the particular state. I can't remember how I set this up to show the name, not id number. I have another one that I need to change, somehow, to show the NAME instead of just a random id number. Thanks. To show the state name instead of the number: 1. Open the table in design view. 2. Select the field. 3. In the lower pane of table design, on the Lookup tab, set the Display control to C...

Is Credit card information stored in any tables within the RMS sof
.. Is the credit card number stored anywhere (tables, etc) within the Microsoft product? (concerned about security) Andrea I've only seen it in the TenderEntry table and the QuoteTenderEntry table. It looks to me that it only holds the last 4 digits of the card (ie. XXXXXXXXXXXX9874). Michael -- First District Association "Andrea" wrote: > . Is the credit card number stored anywhere (tables, etc) within the > Microsoft product? (concerned about security) > Andrea Andrea, If you set SO Manager | File | Configuration | Options | General Options | if you che...

Budget and Account Transfers
Alright, I've been using Money 2003 for some time mainly as an electronic checkbook as it helps me balance easily from my bank. Well, I'm moving up to Money 2006, and trying to take advantage of some more of the features. I have a checking, savings, retirement, and home equity loan account. I want the home equity loan and retirement to show up as budgeted items, but they do not. I have read elsewhere that if you do not include those accounts in the budget then they will show up under "Transfers out of budget accounts". Well, I do that and they do not. I understand th...

Aging Credit Memos
Does aging credit memos have any effect on auto-apply? That is, does auto-apply of credit memos only take CRM in the current basket or only from the most aged, etc. Thanks. JPP ...

can anyone recomend a credit card that supports direct statements
I'm looking for people to post credit card companies they've used which support direct statements. As of now, I know of only one (thanks to Chris Cowles' post in this forum earlier which I've confirmed with a phone call to Bank One) "...I use BankOne for a Visa card (formerly FirstUSA) because they support direct statement downloads... -- Chris Cowles, Gainesville, FL" So here's the list: Credit Card companies support direct statements: 1) Bank One 2) ??? Thanks! In microsoft.public.money, rk wrote: >I'm looking for people to post credit card co...

my case it online , it Show offline
When I open Messenger and put my case it online , it Show offline to my friends .. not online .. What to do! -- free9 http://webim.live.my/ What I did was sign in on that website as well as the regular windows live (if you have the newest windows live you can sign on in two places). So everyone could see me as online again, and I could use windows live as I normally do with the web messenger running in the background. I hope we get a solution soon. free9 wrote: my case it online , it Show offline 22-Mar-10 When I open Messenger and put my case it online , i...

multiple post cards on one page
Is there any way when printing business cards or postcards to vary just a little(like a different name on each post card) when printing on one page. I want the basic same format on all cards but would like to put a different name on each then print on one page -- Thanks Ann Ann Country wrote: > Is there any way when printing business cards or postcards to vary > just a little(like a different name on each post card) when printing > on one page. I want the basic same format on all cards but would > like to put a different name on each then print on one page ==================...

how to scan and edit a business card?
I've tried to scan and edit my business cad, but no luck. Help! "Sluggo" <Sluggo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3011A020-BEFF-441C-8985-3D8AFACFEDF8@microsoft.com... > I've tried to scan and edit my business cad, but no luck. Help! I would suggest that you become creative and create a new business card. You cannot edit a scanned business card unless some of it is text and you did an OCR. Scan the image on the card; reproduce the text and insert the image as a picture. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps....

only showing Open invoices on statements
Hello: For receivables customer statements in GP 10.0, is there is a way to show only invoices that are open for the customer? We have a statement ID where the following are highlighted for the "Print For" section: Current Period Balance, Past Due Balance, Credit Balance, and Exclude Fully Applied Payments And, on the right-hand side of the window, the following are checked under "Print": Print Payment Terms, Messages. The statement needs to be somewhat similar to the Aged Trial Balance where only invoices that the customer has not paid need to show. Thanks! ch...

Credit Card Receipt Distribution Accounts
In GP 9.0 - how do we go about setting up the receipts distribution accounts for payment method of Credit Card? Thanks! Bryan I think you're looking for the credit card setup window. Tools > Setup > Company > Credit Card, in the "Accepted from Customers" section. -- BrianB "Banner" wrote: > In GP 9.0 - how do we go about setting up the receipts distribution accounts > for payment method of Credit Card? > > Thanks! > > Bryan Excellent - thanks! "BrianB" wrote: > I think you're looking for the credit card setup w...

Workflow not displaying details -showing empty screen
I had a workflow running in production and everything was fine. I imported some changes (not workflow changes) and went to go check on my workflow, it was listed in the manager and when I open it a blank workflow screen displays when I would expect to see the workflow details. Here is what I have tried: 1. trigger the workflow anyway - it fires and completes fine, so it must be there 2. backed out my changes - both xml and db - still have the problem 3. did a IIS reset - didn't change things Any ideas as to what would cause the workflow to be fine but just not display the details in ...

New Chart in Excel 2007 is NOT showed unless preview
I have a sheet with multiple charts in Excel 2007 one of the new created charts is hidden when I open the file Unless preview is selected, then finally turned on BUT many formats are changed and objects on charts (titles,...) can not be moved ! what's wrong ? Make sure you have installed SP2 for Office 2007 as this fixes some (not all) chart problems best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Rolando" <Rolando@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B0A3E5C-AABD-4982-962B-8C5C09A2CC5A@microsoft...

excel graph is only showing numbers not words-how do I change?
I have a chart that has a part number for the x axis. The chart area then shows the quantity of scrap and the next line shows reason for non-conformance. This chart will not recognize the reason for the non-confrormance. This is indicating "0" for them. How do I get them to indicate the actual words? ...

Arrow character showing up with some cross-references
A number of documents that we have been working on lately have an arrow character (we think it's Unicode character 21B1, Upwards Arrow With Tip Rightwards) immediately to the left of _some_ of the cross-references. Picture the grey shading that indicates the cross-reference; the arrow shows up smack dab on the left side of the grey shading. The problem is that it only shows up (on screen and when printed) when we view/print the document within Documentum. The same Word file on my desktop appears to have no such arrow and no arrow is printed when I print from the desktop. A PD...

Contacts and calendar don't show up
On the navagation pane I have the list of my all mail folder it has my personal folders listed, but the contacts and calander do not show up. How can I get them there? Also, above the all mail folder ther is another box called Favorite Folders adn in it my inbox, unread mail, for follow up and Sent Items. How do I remove this? thanks Jonesgold Sound like you want to switch to the Folder List Navigation. It has a button on the Navigation Pane or use CTRL+6 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office...

How to show sub-toal level?
I used subtotal funtion and it gave the subtotal number but on the lst it did not show the subtotal level as it used to be. I restarted computer and run again but it still dow not work. Is there any thing i can do to fix this problem? Thanks Check your other post. ML wrote: > > I used subtotal funtion and it gave the subtotal number but on the lst it did > not show the subtotal level as it used to be. I restarted computer and run > again but it still dow not work. Is there any thing i can do to fix this > problem? > > Thanks -- Dave Peterson ...

How to show new mail in Inbox and Unread Mail folder?
New mail only shows in the Inbox while the Unread Mail folder remains empty. What happened? It worked previously. If you right click the search folder and select Customize and then Browse typically you should have the Root Folder and the "search sub folder" checked "Hans" <Hans@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A192BE31-D722-4118-80A1-C3BEC5438FED@microsoft.com... > New mail only shows in the Inbox while the Unread Mail folder remains > empty. > What happened? It worked previously. Also check your View>Arrange by>Current View ...

Formatting Pivot Table- when doble clicking to show Detail
He there, Can I modified the format of the detail that I get once I doble click my pivot Table? Or Is there a way that once I dobleclick in my pivot table to obtain the detail, a macro can be fired to apply the format that I want?. ...

Deferring Student Loan Payments
I am going to be going back to graduate school next month and will be deferring my monthly student loan payments. I can't seem to figure out how to reflect this in my Money 2007 file. Am I missing something? Or does this product honestly not allow student loan deferrment as an option? Any ideas? Well, you haven't given us much to go on. How are the loans setup in Money now? Account type Loan? Liability? Are you using Essential or Advanced Bills? Essential or Advanced Register? I assume you are NOT using Money Essential (MEss). What is it you expect to happen when Money know...

Encrypt Bank (Cust & Vend: CC, Bank Accts) in cards and EFT setup
I am finding more clients that are requesting that Customer & Vendor Bank information be encrypted at the data base level. This would include bank accounts and credit card information at the Customer/Vendor card level and in the EFT setup screens. It would also be beneficial that after the Credit Card and/or bank account is saved that only the last 4 digits are visible in the Great Plains windows: For Example: Bank Account # 12345678 shows as XXXX5678 This would help satisfy Sarbox along with those clients that perform many banking transactions and are members of banking networks. ...

Recording bimonthly mortgage payments in MS Money
I have my mortgage deducted twice a month (bimonthly) and then I pay an additional payment each year. How would this be recorded in Money so it works in the budget tool? I'm currently transfering it to an asset and deducting the payments from that account but the budget can intrepret it for my ledger. Any help? -- Thank you! ...