Credit Card Charges and Expense Reports

I purchase pretty much everything on my credit card (for the miles) and pay
it off every month. I use the categories within the credit card accounts to
specify what the expense was for. But when I look at the expense report, it
lumps all CC expenses into the CC category. I want to know what I'm spending
my money on, not how it's being paid for. How do I split the items into their
proper categories on the reports?

Thanks!
0
Schu (1)
8/23/2008 11:06:01 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

So many questions, so little time.

What version/edition of Money?

If M05/6/7/+ are you using Advanced Register or Essential Register? Advanced
Reports or Essential Reports?

Which Report? Have you tried customizing it? Which account are you looking
at the report for?

How are these transactions you want to see reported getting in there?

Are the transactions getting in a Credit Card Account?

Are you looking at a report that reflects the Credit Card Account or that
reflects the Cash Account (Checking, etc) that is paying the Credit Card
Account Bills?

How do you pay the Credit Card Account in Money? A Transfer : [name of
Credit Card Account]? A Credit Card Payment : Transfer : [name of Credit
Card Account]? A Credit Card Payments / Transfers category entry?

"Mar Schu" <Mar Schu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I purchase pretty much everything on my credit card (for the miles) and pay
> it off every month. I use the categories within the credit card accounts
> specify what the expense was for. But when I look at the expense report,
> it
> lumps all CC expenses into the CC category. I want to know what I'm
> spending
> my money on, not how it's being paid for. How do I split the items into
> their
> proper categories on the reports?

Business Cards #10
Can you print double sided business cards in Publisher? If so, can you tell how because I don't see that option. The way I do it in Publisher 2000 is create a two page card (front and back). Print page 1 of 1 then turn the card stock over and print page 2 of 2. Or, if you have a duplex printer print pages 1 and 2. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Mary" <Mary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:72860FB0-69DE-4BE2-82E3-07587D9DF0F4@microsoft.com... > Can you print double sided business cards in Publisher? If so, can you tell > how because I don't see t...

Report #5
Hi Reports---Project---Details Trial Balance From here I am exerting a report by Selecting Posting Account and Detail Level is their any way that I can sum the Debit and Credit where the Project and cost category are Repeating Regards Thirumal ...

CRM report Error - Account Overview
Hi there, Is it possible if anyone could help me with the following problem.The Account Overview Report does not appear for one of the clients. When the report is opened the following error message appears: Error: Subreport could not be shown. Any ideas? Thank you in advance Lebo Hallo Lebo, i had the same problem. The phone number string of assigned contacts from our firm records were too long. The phone number string in the Reporting Services Report include 20 charakter per standard so that we had to increase it on 25. It works now. Greetings Sandi Tvrtkovic-Rajic applicatio...

Credit Card charge/credit
I have a credit card 'charge' transaction that was later credited back to me. I categorized the original charge but I want the credit to offset the expense in that category. Is the only solution to this not categorizing the original transaction? or is there another way to do it? Thanks, Scott Use the same category for the credit transaction. Money will ask if you are sure this is what you want to do. Say yes. <imscoop22@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1104599274.971858.51860@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... >I have a credit card 'charge' transaction that was...

Process Credit Cards?
I currently have Money 2005 SB. I'm considering moving to 2007 H&SB. My big question is, will I be able to process credit cards (accept them from my customers) with Small Business, or do I have to get the Small Business Accounting product to run side by side with this? Thanks! ...

Inventory valuation report
When I run an inventory valuation report, it seems to pull the cost associated for each item from the item properties, not from costs entered on purchase orders. For our inventory, we have items we bough at booking prices early in the season and items we bought on regular prices later in the season. We need to have the item properties reflect the higher cost but that inflates our inventory valuation report. Is there a way to have the report draw the costs paid for each item by PO instead of the cost entered when we created each item? Otherwise that report really is not accurate at a...

Z Reporting and Such
Here is my situation, if anyone can help. I currently use 2 registers and when my employees change shifts, I have them Z out the registers...usually register 1 gets Z'd out first, and then Reg #2 when the employee that works comes in. Now an employee brought this to my attention, he said well what if after the frist employee Z's out Reg #1 and then they ring something on it, and take that money there is no way for him or myself to know unless there is an X report done by the new employee when he starts his shift, to figure this out. I thought I could run a report that would t...

How do I create greetings card A5 one fold print both sides
Create my own greetings cards using A5 paper with one fold, either lanscape or vertical Place digital picture on the front and message inside and on the back Setup your printer for A5, either use the Folded Card or booklet in page setup. Basically the booklet is the folded card with a different page orientation. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "parksw" <parksw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6CF9E52-B098-4CD8-9EC0-E2D61647968F@microsoft.com... > Create my own greetings cards usin...

Calculate credit card APR
I am using excel 07. I would like to know how to setup a formula to calculate credit card apr or a pre done form that i can download. I have been searching but can not find exactly what i am looking for. I would like to enter current balance, apr and have it calculate what the interest is then have it minus payment and then recalculate balance and have it continue for the next month. I am not sure if this is enough information but i hope it is a start. Any information would help. Thanks in advance. Rob Rob wrote: > I am using excel 07. I would like to know how to setup a formula ...

Montly Reports
I am tring to make a report that with take 3 fields from my table and make a monthly report. The fields are Date, Violation and Fine. I know I have to base the table off of a Query but I do not know how to do that. Can someone please help. First, change the name of the field Date. It is a reserved workd and will definitely cause you problems in this case. Even if you enclose it in brackets, it can become a problem since you have to use the Date() function in conjunction with it. For example purposes, I will call it ViolationDate. Do not put any criteria in the query. Use the Where...

M02 w/XP in USA; credit card acct balancing, with no new charges
We use no internet services, enter each transaction into the account the goods were purchased, splitting the items into catergories as desired. I balance all accounts with the monthly statements. each month an amount is automatically paid to this credit card account that gets no new purchases. How can I get the interest paid to the CC company into the proper catagory. Thanks so much, been wrestling with this for 3 months. Enter a transaction when balancing from the statements against some category like Interest Expense:Other Interest? "barb e" <anonymous@discussions....

Global client credit limit doesn't send to store
We change credit limit of various global clients. But it didn't change in the store. Are we missing a step? ...

Credit Card
wells fargo is my credit card prosesser & they are really bad i never was able to reconsile my bank account cuze they deposit the money when ever they want please i'm in urgent need for a good company to replace wellfargo & that is easy to reconsile the statment & desent fees any suggestion i wanna a company that do deposit based on my setteled batch & charge my account with the fees at the end of the month -- maher almasri This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_028E_01C6D6C5.B4A93FD0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8&quo...

Template: Thanksgiving Greeting Card for Publisher 2003
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC010775531033.aspx -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

line feed not showing in report
I have some code that is concatenating names together using vbCrLf. I also tried Chr(13)&Chr(10) which are supposed to be the same anyway. I assign the names to a string variable and then in the OnFormat of the report detail I assign the values to the caption of a lable. Trouble is the line feeds don't end up in there. Public sEmpNames as String sEmpNames = "" loop through the names table... While .... if sEmpNames = "" Then sEmpNames = <next name in table> else sEmpNames = sEmpNames & vbCrLf & <next name...

Business Portal Credits & Returns
It would be great if we could process credits and returns in Business Portal Order Management. -- Carl F. Johnson ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=32539a35-...

Credit where credit is due
Something has dawned me lately. Several/most of us have been recommending users to use PrimoPDF for their documents. I did a little homework and found that if not for Erika we'd still be recommending other conversion software, most with some sort of a nominal fee involved. That's not a *bad* thing but let's face it, it's still an expense that we'd prefer not to incur. Erika, I would like to let you know that I've recommended PrimoPDF many, many times based on your posts. I've received a lot of positive feedback from my fellow guild newsletter editors. They ar...

Reports error #7
Setup: Server A is CRM 4.0 Rollup 2 Server B is SQL 2005 w/SP2 and SSRS connector Server A has two orgs installed: Production and Test. Reports work great on Test, no problems at all. However, on Production reports are met with the following error: The permissions granted to user 'domain\server$' are insufficient for performing this operation. I have not found any solutions for CRM servers that are running multiple tenants. I checked the report server settings on the two orgs and they are indentical. I have also checked the DB settings on the SQL server and they are identic...

"Monthly Cash Flow" Report Error
For the past several weeks I get this pop up error using Money 03, I have upgraded to 04 today to see if the problem would fix itself, but no banana. The only change I remember was adding my AMEX to Money. I then imported the AMEX ofx retrieved from AMEX site. "Due to changes in your Money file, the saved version of "Monthly Cash Flow" report is no longer valid. Money has attempted to reset this report, but you should reset it manually to avoid unreliable information." I can not find in the online help or on the web how to manually reset the report. Help much a...

FRX reporting
How do you prepare an FRX report that includes some summarized rows (e.g. "regular pay" includes accounts for regular, vacation, sickleave, etc.) and some detail rows that show account detail? The Print Control "XD" in the row format suppresses the account detail in a detail report but also suppresses the summary line entirely. Do this in your row setup. For the Summary Account use ???? in you account string and for the detail use the full account number. "Tom H." wrote: > How do you prepare an FRX report that includes some > summarized rows (e.g. "...

Microsoft Error Reporting Window on Quitting Word
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Since upgrading to Snow Leopard about half the times that I quit Word I get a Microsoft Error Reporting Window stating that "Microsoft Word has encountered a problem and needs to close." I have not yet been able to determine under what circumstances this does and does not occur. It's an odd message since Word has been working just fine up until I quit. It occurs when quitting from the menu, dock, keyboard, or by shutting down the computer. Thanks for any help you can offer to correct this! On 10/13/0...

Debit or Credit notes not updating to GL
Hi, I have problem in GP 10 SP4, accidently removed the link in Tools>Setup>Posting>Posting> :Series:Series Origin: Receivables Sales Entry post to GL not checked, I have checked and tested 1 trsancation and its updating in GL. I have some old trsansaction which not updated in GL, How can i make this whole data to GL, instead of entring one by one. Rgs Saf Hi Saf, I am not aware of any option and I believe there none. "saifu" wrote: > Hi, > > I have problem in GP 10 SP4, accidently removed the link in > Tools>Setup>...

Error while performing tender: using DISCOVER card as payment moth
Hi, Can anyone advise me how can i resolve the error that it says "CV : FAILURE CV" on the approval status during tender. FYI, I just setup Discover as a new tender type, with my merchant (bank of America & Discover themselves) confirmed that it is all setup from thier end and ready for me to use discover. I have re-confirmed with them after getting this error and seems i am not getting anywhere now. Is there anyone out there who can help me. noel. I'm getting the same thing. Our processor says that they need to to add diners and jcb entitlement to the discov...

business cards #11
I am trying to create tickets in a business card format. Is there a way to make a counter or page number so I can print tickets on business card stock that would number the ticket sequentially Gary You might do a mail merge from an Excel file with a column of numbers. In Excel, enter the beginning number in the top cell, and then click in the box, place the cursor on the lower right corner and drag down until you have the ending number. "Gary" <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:816B0D0E-78F6-4EEE-B903-8D1E9530C066@microsoft.com... >I am trying to ...

Sending delivery reports
My main e-mail address is xxxxxx@btopenworld.com which I use when mailing from home. I have another account with NTL. When I receive a mail on my BT account which asks for a receipt it and I'm using my NTL account I am unable to send that receipt. If anyone knows haow to resolve this problem I would be very grateful. Thanks, David ...