Credit card balance update?

Hope you can help!  I am a new user of MS Money 2006.

I have several bank accounts entered, and all seem to work nicely except
credit cards.

Should credit card accounts update like bank accounts do?  All my bank
account information is update whenever I choose to do a “internet update”
But credit cards do not.

It seems I have to go to the credit card companies web sit and download the
statement manually.  Is this correct?  Shouldn’t the most current transaction
that I see online, on my statement appear in Money after an automatic update,
without having to manually download?

I have tried with three different credit cards, Bank of America, Capital One
and Wachovia.  None seen to update without going to their website first,
choosing download, then returning to Money.

Am I asking too much?

Eric

0
Eric1 (389)
10/29/2005 10:53:01 AM
money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Eric wrote:

>Hope you can help!  I am a new user of MS Money 2006.
>
>I have several bank accounts entered, and all seem to work nicely except
>credit cards.
>
>Should credit card accounts update like bank accounts do?  All my bank
>account information is update whenever I choose to do a �internet update�
>But credit cards do not.
>
>It seems I have to go to the credit card companies web sit and download the
>statement manually.  Is this correct?  Shouldn�t the most current transaction
>that I see online, on my statement appear in Money after an automatic update,
>without having to manually download?
>
>I have tried with three different credit cards, Bank of America, Capital One
>and Wachovia.  None seen to update without going to their website first,
>choosing download, then returning to Money.

My two credit cards provide OFX servers that provide the data that
Money uses, without going to a website. Checking
http://www.microsoft.com/money/bankonline.aspx?FirstLetter=&FinananceOrganisationType=CreditCardProvidersOnly
for your cards, none do.

If you don't want to switch cards, there is the option of having
Microsoft gather the information from the various web sites for you
via a third party onto a Microsoft secure server. Then Money
retrieves that information. That requires a Passport on your file.
And you have to then set up those accounts for online access.

0
via_newsgroup (13113)
> In microsoft.public.money, Eric wrote:
>
>>Hope you can help!  I am a new user of MS Money 2006.
>>
>>I have several bank accounts entered, and all seem to work nicely except
>>credit cards.
>>
>>Should credit card accounts update like bank accounts do?  All my bank
>>account information is update whenever I choose to do a "internet update"
>>But credit cards do not.
>>
>>It seems I have to go to the credit card companies web sit and download
>>the
>>statement manually.  Is this correct?  Shouldn't the most current
>>transaction
>>that I see online, on my statement appear in Money after an automatic
>>update,
>>without having to manually download?
>>
>>I have tried with three different credit cards, Bank of America, Capital
>>One
>>and Wachovia.  None seen to update without going to their website first,
>>choosing download, then returning to Money.
>>

> My two credit cards provide OFX servers that provide the data that
> Money uses, without going to a website. Checking
> http://www.microsoft.com/money/bankonline.aspx?FirstLetter=&FinananceOrganisationType=CreditCardProvidersOnly
> for your cards, none do.
>
> If you don't want to switch cards, there is the option of having
> Microsoft gather the information from the various web sites for you
> via a third party onto a Microsoft secure server. Then Money
> retrieves that information. That requires a Passport on your file.
> And you have to then set up those accounts for online access.

I believe that Cal Lerner is mistaken.
CapitalOne is listed as providing OFX server. I use it all the time.
I've found that when you attempt the initial update or setup, you have to be
very patient. I may take as much as three or four days before it will
actually allow you to complete the online setup or update. Just keep coming
back to Manage online accounts daily and try to complete it. Do not delete
the account thinking something is wrong, as you have to start over again
with another 3 or 4 day wait.

0
nospam3434 (231)
10/29/2005 1:40:35 PM
In microsoft.public.money, neo-fyter wrote:

>> My two credit cards provide OFX servers that provide the data that
>> Money uses, without going to a website. Checking
>> http://www.microsoft.com/money/bankonline.aspx?FirstLetter=&FinananceOrganisationType=CreditCardProvidersOnly
>> for your cards, none do.
>>
>> If you don't want to switch cards, there is the option of having
>> Microsoft gather the information from the various web sites for you
>> via a third party onto a Microsoft secure server. Then Money
>> retrieves that information. That requires a Passport on your file.
>> And you have to then set up those accounts for online access.
>>
>I believe that Cal Lerner is mistaken.
>CapitalOne is listed as providing OFX server. I use it all the time.

I was going by
http://www.microsoft.com/money/bankonline.aspx?FirstLetter=C&FinananceOrganisationType=CreditCardProvidersOnly#16

>I've found that when you attempt the initial update or setup, you have to be
>very patient. I may take as much as three or four days before it will
>actually allow you to complete the online setup or update. Just keep coming
>back to Manage online accounts daily and try to complete it. Do not delete
>the account thinking something is wrong, as you have to start over again
>with another 3 or 4 day wait.

That sounds like access via third party to Microsoft server.
0
via_newsgroup (13113)
10/29/2005 2:02:44 PM
Thank you for responding.

If I understand correctly, the credit card company listing needs to say
“provides services” not with and asterisk that says the service are provided
by a third party?  Is this correct?

If so, is there and easier way to see which companies provide the direct
services?  The list of bank companies is huge!

Any suggestions?

Thank you for helping.

Eric

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Eric wrote:
>
> >Hope you can help!  I am a new user of MS Money 2006.
> >
> >I have several bank accounts entered, and all seem to work nicely except
> >credit cards.
> >
> >Should credit card accounts update like bank accounts do?  All my bank
> >account information is update whenever I choose to do a “internet update”
> >But credit cards do not.
> >
> >It seems I have to go to the credit card companies web sit and download the
> >statement manually.  Is this correct?  Shouldn’t the most current transaction
> >that I see online, on my statement appear in Money after an automatic update,
> >without having to manually download?
> >
> >I have tried with three different credit cards, Bank of America, Capital One
> >and Wachovia.  None seen to update without going to their website first,
> >choosing download, then returning to Money.
> >

> My two credit cards provide OFX servers that provide the data that
> Money uses, without going to a website. Checking
> http://www.microsoft.com/money/bankonline.aspx?FirstLetter=&FinananceOrganisationType=CreditCardProvidersOnly
> for your cards, none do.
>
> If you don't want to switch cards, there is the option of having
> Microsoft gather the information from the various web sites for you
> via a third party onto a Microsoft secure server. Then Money
> retrieves that information. That requires a Passport on your file.
> And you have to then set up those accounts for online access.

0
Eric1 (389)
10/30/2005 10:33:02 AM
In microsoft.public.money, Eric wrote:

>Thank you for responding.
>
>If I understand correctly, the credit card company listing needs to say
>�provides services� not with and asterisk that says the service are provided
>by a third party?  Is this correct?

The third party ones can work well, but it is somewhat indirect.

>If so, is there and easier way to see which companies provide the direct
>services?  The list of bank companies is huge!

That is true.

>Any suggestions?

I know Citicards and Discover cards have their own OFX. And I
believe the various Amex cards do too, as well as First USA I think.

0
via_newsgroup (13113)
10/30/2005 2:49:12 PM
"Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thank you for responding.
>
> If I understand correctly, the credit card company listing needs to say
> "provides services" not with and asterisk that says the service are
> provided
> by a third party?  Is this correct?
>
> If so, is there and easier way to see which companies provide the direct
> services?  The list of bank companies is huge!

I'm not familiar with the layout of the page, but can you simply highlight
the text, copy, and past to Excel? You could then use a filter to include
only those containing an asterisk?
--
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL

0
NoSpam1246 (979)

Business Cards #10
Can you print double sided business cards in Publisher? If so, can you tell how because I don't see that option. The way I do it in Publisher 2000 is create a two page card (front and back). Print page 1 of 1 then turn the card stock over and print page 2 of 2. Or, if you have a duplex printer print pages 1 and 2. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Mary" <Mary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:72860FB0-69DE-4BE2-82E3-07587D9DF0F4@microsoft.com... > Can you print double sided business cards in Publisher? If so, can you tell > how because I don't see t...

Credit Card charge/credit
I have a credit card 'charge' transaction that was later credited back to me. I categorized the original charge but I want the credit to offset the expense in that category. Is the only solution to this not categorizing the original transaction? or is there another way to do it? Thanks, Scott Use the same category for the credit transaction. Money will ask if you are sure this is what you want to do. Say yes. <imscoop22@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1104599274.971858.51860@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... >I have a credit card 'charge' transaction that was...

Process Credit Cards?
I currently have Money 2005 SB. I'm considering moving to 2007 H&SB. My big question is, will I be able to process credit cards (accept them from my customers) with Small Business, or do I have to get the Small Business Accounting product to run side by side with this? Thanks! ...

How do I create greetings card A5 one fold print both sides
Create my own greetings cards using A5 paper with one fold, either lanscape or vertical Place digital picture on the front and message inside and on the back Setup your printer for A5, either use the Folded Card or booklet in page setup. Basically the booklet is the folded card with a different page orientation. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "parksw" <parksw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6CF9E52-B098-4CD8-9EC0-E2D61647968F@microsoft.com... > Create my own greetings cards usin...

Calculate credit card APR
I am using excel 07. I would like to know how to setup a formula to calculate credit card apr or a pre done form that i can download. I have been searching but can not find exactly what i am looking for. I would like to enter current balance, apr and have it calculate what the interest is then have it minus payment and then recalculate balance and have it continue for the next month. I am not sure if this is enough information but i hope it is a start. Any information would help. Thanks in advance. Rob Rob wrote: > I am using excel 07. I would like to know how to setup a formula ...

Account Balances
I am trying to work out how RMS calculates the first figure for the running balance when you look at the transactions in a customer's Account Information screen in HQ Manager. If I look at a customer it might say the earliest transaction in Account Activity has a Run. Balance of $1,200 and then each transaction changes the value from that point. How do I calculate that first running balance? ...

M02 w/XP in USA; credit card acct balancing, with no new charges
We use no internet services, enter each transaction into the account the goods were purchased, splitting the items into catergories as desired. I balance all accounts with the monthly statements. each month an amount is automatically paid to this credit card account that gets no new purchases. How can I get the interest paid to the CC company into the proper catagory. Thanks so much, been wrestling with this for 3 months. Enter a transaction when balancing from the statements against some category like Interest Expense:Other Interest? "barb e" <anonymous@discussions....

Global client credit limit doesn't send to store
We change credit limit of various global clients. But it didn't change in the store. Are we missing a step? ...

Problems after applying windows update KB 960715
Hi, My company is using MGP ver 7.00. Recently we applied windows update KB 960715. After which we have some problems with some of our VBA applications which are called within MGP. One of the problems was that the date field has been disappeared from the entry screen. When I try to edit the form in TOOLS-CUSTOMIZE-VISUAL BASIC EDITOR, I realized that I was unable to format the text box as 'dd-mm-yyyy' format. It seems that the activeX is not working. What should I do now? Thanks for your help. Regards, The solution you require is described in the following article: http://blo...

Update Money 2004
I now use Money 2003, is it better to un-install 2003 then upgrade to 2004, or just upgrade to Money 2004? I've always been told to uninstall the previous version before upgrading, just to make sure that older components are truely removed. It also removes any registry entries that may possibly conflict with the new version. As long as you don't delete your data file there's no problem with uninstalling first. -- Regards, Kevin Campbell "Ben" <bsafir@juno.com> wrote in message news:02ee01c35550$a7413900$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I now use Money 2003, is it bet...

Excel 2K3 Macro
Hi All- Trying to write a simple macro to do the following--Here's my basic excel spreadsheet. So I have a report that spits this information out....(could be hundreds of records..all different parts) A B Part AFM AFM ANT BAG BAG BAG What I'd like to be able to do is - for every part it finds - its update the spreadsheet with a location. So first, it would insert an additional column - and then update the part location. For example, If the macro finds the part "AFM" - the Location would be Y--------If the macro finds the part ...

Credit Card
wells fargo is my credit card prosesser & they are really bad i never was able to reconsile my bank account cuze they deposit the money when ever they want please i'm in urgent need for a good company to replace wellfargo & that is easy to reconsile the statment & desent fees any suggestion i wanna a company that do deposit based on my setteled batch & charge my account with the fees at the end of the month -- maher almasri This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_028E_01C6D6C5.B4A93FD0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8&quo...

Template: Thanksgiving Greeting Card for Publisher 2003
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC010775531033.aspx -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

Business Portal Credits & Returns
It would be great if we could process credits and returns in Business Portal Order Management. -- Carl F. Johnson ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=32539a35-...

printing Trial Balance from Historical Period
When printing a Trial Balance from a Historical Period the report looks different than a Trial Balance report from an Open Period. How do I format the reports so that they look the same for both Open and Historical periods. To my knowledge; you have two options: 1. Use Report Writer and manually format to match with the other report. 2. Export out the package that has your preferred formatting. From the Windows Explorer; Open up the package in Notepad and edit the file. When you review the file; you will know what to change. You may also need to export out the other report that does no...

can't update links...can't find links
I have a workbook (Two.xls) that pulls data from another workbook (One.xls). When opening Two.xls i tell it to update data, and I then receive a message saying that there are links to other workbooks that connot be updated. When searching for the links to this source (One.xls) I am unable to find the links. I search for ".xls" and"[" and find nothing. I have intentional links to One.xls so I can't just break all links, nor can I simply search and delete all instances of .xls, however, the intentional links work correctly (they are able to update)...is there a way...

Credit where credit is due
Something has dawned me lately. Several/most of us have been recommending users to use PrimoPDF for their documents. I did a little homework and found that if not for Erika we'd still be recommending other conversion software, most with some sort of a nominal fee involved. That's not a *bad* thing but let's face it, it's still an expense that we'd prefer not to incur. Erika, I would like to let you know that I've recommended PrimoPDF many, many times based on your posts. I've received a lot of positive feedback from my fellow guild newsletter editors. They ar...

Debit or Credit notes not updating to GL
Hi, I have problem in GP 10 SP4, accidently removed the link in Tools>Setup>Posting>Posting> :Series:Series Origin: Receivables Sales Entry post to GL not checked, I have checked and tested 1 trsancation and its updating in GL. I have some old trsansaction which not updated in GL, How can i make this whole data to GL, instead of entring one by one. Rgs Saf Hi Saf, I am not aware of any option and I believe there none. "saifu" wrote: > Hi, > > I have problem in GP 10 SP4, accidently removed the link in > Tools>Setup>...

Error while performing tender: using DISCOVER card as payment moth
Hi, Can anyone advise me how can i resolve the error that it says "CV : FAILURE CV" on the approval status during tender. FYI, I just setup Discover as a new tender type, with my merchant (bank of America & Discover themselves) confirmed that it is all setup from thier end and ready for me to use discover. I have re-confirmed with them after getting this error and seems i am not getting anywhere now. Is there anyone out there who can help me. noel. I'm getting the same thing. Our processor says that they need to to add diners and jcb entitlement to the discov...

business cards #11
I am trying to create tickets in a business card format. Is there a way to make a counter or page number so I can print tickets on business card stock that would number the ticket sequentially Gary You might do a mail merge from an Excel file with a column of numbers. In Excel, enter the beginning number in the top cell, and then click in the box, place the cursor on the lower right corner and drag down until you have the ending number. "Gary" <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:816B0D0E-78F6-4EEE-B903-8D1E9530C066@microsoft.com... >I am trying to ...

IE8 Security Update Problem
Since the IE security update this week (I have IE8) I cannot click on any drop-down boxes on any webpage (such as the one to select which discussion group to post in contained in this "New Question" popup), it just freezes and then crashes the browser (hourglass appears followed by "Internet Explorer must close" box). This is happening with all dropdown boxes on all websites (and surveys) I have tried in the last couple of days. I cannot be sure that it is due to the latest security update but there were no problems of this kind before. Any suggestions on h...

Credit Card Charges and Expense Reports
I purchase pretty much everything on my credit card (for the miles) and pay it off every month. I use the categories within the credit card accounts to specify what the expense was for. But when I look at the expense report, it lumps all CC expenses into the CC category. I want to know what I'm spending my money on, not how it's being paid for. How do I split the items into their proper categories on the reports? Thanks! So many questions, so little time. What version/edition of Money? If M05/6/7/+ are you using Advanced Register or Essential Register? Advanced Reports or Es...

How to apply an over-credit to a sale?
Ok, we had an online customer overpay his order using a money order. So, when I tendered the money order, he had about $45 coming back to him. Well, he just wanted that applied to his account. So, I selected (Payment) and applied the $45 to his account. It warned me that it was an overpayment and I clicked OK. Now, on his next sale, how do I apply that $45 credit? Just apply 45 to his house account. When you tender the sale it will deduct 45 form his account and then it will be zero "nutribodies" <nutribodies@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD033E...

Import AR Credit Memos and auto-apply
Looking for a silver bullet. Does anyone know of a way to import receivables credit memos and apply them to specified invoices as part of the import? GP 10, SP2 environment. Looking for a way to do this using integration manager, or econnect, or Scribe, or 3rd party. Thanks. -- Jim@TurboChef ------=_NextPart_0001_0891FB2E Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, Thanks for posting. We are excited to introduce you to a new and improved Partner Online Technical Community Experience. Please post this new inquiry to our new forums-based platform here: http:/...

receivables management trial balance
Be able to print a AR trial balance by GL account number. This would allow to post to multiple GL accounts for AR and print the aging by account number and tie to that number rather than have to add up all AR accounts in GL to agree to one number from a trial balance. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and the...