Credit card accounts in Money 2007 budget

Money 2006 allowed your credit card accounts to be included in your
budget, so purchases made on your credit card counted in your budget.
Makes total sense to me. Money 2007 ignores credit card purchases on
budgets.

Tech support confirmed that this is the case in 2007, they had no idea
why they did this and suggested that I create a cash account and
manually duplicate each credit card transaction in that account to
track expenses in my budget. That's really difficult (and error-prone)
because I make most of my purchases with a credit card, I rarely use
cash or checks.

Has anyone found a more reasonable solution to this? Is there something
I'm missing in 2007 that would make this all make more sense?

money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Business Cards #10
Can you print double sided business cards in Publisher? If so, can you tell how because I don't see that option. The way I do it in Publisher 2000 is create a two page card (front and back). Print page 1 of 1 then turn the card stock over and print page 2 of 2. Or, if you have a duplex printer print pages 1 and 2. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Mary" <Mary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:72860FB0-69DE-4BE2-82E3-07587D9DF0F4@microsoft.com... > Can you print double sided business cards in Publisher? If so, can you tell > how because I don't see t...

OK to Uninstall MS Money 2003?
Greetings, I have just installed from CD Money 2005. I have a backup of the Money 2003 data on disk. Is it safe to remove through the Add/Remove Programs, all instances of Money 2003? Note: There was no prompt to remove the older program when I installed the new program. TIA, Rich In microsoft.public.money, Rich wrote: >I have just installed from CD Money 2005. I have a backup of the Money 2003 >data on disk. Is it safe to remove through the Add/Remove Programs, all >instances of Money 2003? Note: There was no prompt to remove the older >program when I installed th...

Trouble upgrading Money 2001 to 2004
I=B4ve already install money 2004 but when the program=20 wants to convert the previous money 2001 file, there=B4s a=20 messagge=20 "upgrading from an uncompatible version" Thanks for any advice. In microsoft.public.money, Fernando wrote: >I�ve already install money 2004 but when the program >wants to convert the previous money 2001 file, there�s a >messagge >"upgrading from an uncompatible version" Money cannot open a version localized for another country. See also http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q1. "Fernando" <anonymous@discussions.micr...

How to download into investment account?
Trying to download from the Charles Schwab & Co into my investment account. Just recently converted from Quicken to Money 2004 and then i am having issues with downloading from Charles Schwab. When i download from the FI i get transactions dating back to August which is there in the register already. Now when i make that void i cannot delete this and this is not going from the 'Review transactions' list after i download. Now tried to setup online services with a new file and when downloading have new issuew. The date range is for the past month but the cash account is gr...

CRM report Error - Account Overview
Hi there, Is it possible if anyone could help me with the following problem.The Account Overview Report does not appear for one of the clients. When the report is opened the following error message appears: Error: Subreport could not be shown. Any ideas? Thank you in advance Lebo Hallo Lebo, i had the same problem. The phone number string of assigned contacts from our firm records were too long. The phone number string in the Reporting Services Report include 20 charakter per standard so that we had to increase it on 25. It works now. Greetings Sandi Tvrtkovic-Rajic applicatio...

Process Credit Cards?
I currently have Money 2005 SB. I'm considering moving to 2007 H&SB. My big question is, will I be able to process credit cards (accept them from my customers) with Small Business, or do I have to get the Small Business Accounting product to run side by side with this? Thanks! ...

Managing File Size in Excel 2007
I recently moved to Excel 2007 from 2003. I created a data entry workbook for a survey I'm doing for a client. The workbook contains 6 protected sheets -- a sheet for respondent information and sheets to enter data for 5 plant sites -- and 4 hidden sheets that I use to capture the data in tabular form for ease of analysis. I would expect the size of a similar instrument in Excel 2003 to be about 1M -- it's an order of magnitude larger in Excel 2007. That is a real problem: I distribute the surveys by E-mail, and most of my clients' firewalls block files that large. And...

How do I sync folders from my POP/SMTP account to Outlook
I just began using Outlook 2003 with my POP/SMTP account. When I choose the "send/receive all" funtion, only the emails from my inbox were added to Outlook. How can I get my other folders/mail --not inbox-- added to Outlook? Thanks for any information. Ben wrote: > I just began using Outlook 2003 with my POP/SMTP account. When I > choose the "send/receive all" funtion, only the emails from my inbox > were added to Outlook. How can I get my other folders/mail --not > inbox-- added to Outlook? What mail client were you using before? You'll need to im...

Credit Card charge/credit
I have a credit card 'charge' transaction that was later credited back to me. I categorized the original charge but I want the credit to offset the expense in that category. Is the only solution to this not categorizing the original transaction? or is there another way to do it? Thanks, Scott Use the same category for the credit transaction. Money will ask if you are sure this is what you want to do. Say yes. <imscoop22@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1104599274.971858.51860@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... >I have a credit card 'charge' transaction that was...

Calculate credit card APR
I am using excel 07. I would like to know how to setup a formula to calculate credit card apr or a pre done form that i can download. I have been searching but can not find exactly what i am looking for. I would like to enter current balance, apr and have it calculate what the interest is then have it minus payment and then recalculate balance and have it continue for the next month. I am not sure if this is enough information but i hope it is a start. Any information would help. Thanks in advance. Rob Rob wrote: > I am using excel 07. I would like to know how to setup a formula ...

Tracking Commissions Paid in Microsoft Money
Hello -- I am curious if it is possible to find out how much I have paid over the last year in commissions for buying and selling stock. I track every penny in Money and can't find any category that records commissions paid. Any thoughts? I tried adding a fictional purchase with a commission of 777.77 and then searching on that. The result? Nothing. Now surely ms $ provides a way to pull this out of the data. Thanks for any thoughts. I am sure other folks are interested in this as it has tax consequences. cheers, Tim In microsoft.public.money, Tim wrote: >Hello -- I am curious if...

How do I create greetings card A5 one fold print both sides
Create my own greetings cards using A5 paper with one fold, either lanscape or vertical Place digital picture on the front and message inside and on the back Setup your printer for A5, either use the Folded Card or booklet in page setup. Basically the booklet is the folded card with a different page orientation. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "parksw" <parksw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6CF9E52-B098-4CD8-9EC0-E2D61647968F@microsoft.com... > Create my own greetings cards usin...

Start Money 2001 after Crash - Have HD Files
My computer crashed. I have re-installed the 2001 version of Money that I was using on the old computer. I was also able to get the file and back up off the harddrive. I can get Money restarted however, it will not restore olf files. It recognizes the files and moves them around, however, the information does not come up in Money. Thoughts? ...

Creating Multiple Accounts in OL2000/XP
I've been reading on how to create multiple accounts using Outlook 2000 and, say, Windows 95/98/ME but I can't seem to find these directions for Windows XP. In fact, I've done it before on Windows ME. When I went into Control Panel > Mail, I could set up a new profile but Control Panel > Mail in Windows XP only shows me the internet e-mail accounts...the exact same screen that you see if you do Tools > Accounts in Outlook 2000. So, how do I create a new profile in WinXP? Thanks, JH Change the Installation Type between IMO and CW To change the installation type...

accounting format for zero show 0.00 in one cell "-" in another
I have formatted cells with the accounting format with no symbol. Two cells that compute to zero show differently. One shows 0.00 and the other shows a "-" dash. I have rechecked all of the cells that are included in the formula for each and I cannot find any inconsistencies; all are formatted the same. I realize that this seems petty but for the life of me I cannot determine why the same formatting shows two different designations for zero. I prefer the "-" dash. Can anyone suggest what I can look at to try and resolve this? Thank you. If the cells contain fo...

Money 2007
So far upgrading to Money 2007 has not caused any serious problems for me. However, I am extremely disappointed with Microsoft's decision to eliminate a very simple, useful function. In past versions one could highlight multiple items in the Bills section and easily determine how the account balance would be affected if the selected bills were paid. I have discussed this problem with several friends who also used the function extensively. For this reason alone, most of them will not upgrade. Has no one out there noticed the deficiency, or is it just something my small group of f...

Outlook 2007 Web Access
I have created additional calendars and would like to delete them. How is this done? Right click on the folder and choose Delete? Are they in OWA or did you publish them to office.com? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Do you sync your mailbox with a smartphone or pda?...

Account Balances
I am trying to work out how RMS calculates the first figure for the running balance when you look at the transactions in a customer's Account Information screen in HQ Manager. If I look at a customer it might say the earliest transaction in Account Activity has a Run. Balance of $1,200 and then each transaction changes the value from that point. How do I calculate that first running balance? ...

M02 w/XP in USA; credit card acct balancing, with no new charges
We use no internet services, enter each transaction into the account the goods were purchased, splitting the items into catergories as desired. I balance all accounts with the monthly statements. each month an amount is automatically paid to this credit card account that gets no new purchases. How can I get the interest paid to the CC company into the proper catagory. Thanks so much, been wrestling with this for 3 months. Enter a transaction when balancing from the statements against some category like Interest Expense:Other Interest? "barb e" <anonymous@discussions....

Global client credit limit doesn't send to store
We change credit limit of various global clients. But it didn't change in the store. Are we missing a step? ...

Cannot see cash flow on Money 2004
Hi, suddenly after an internet update of Money 2004, when I try to click on "Review Cash Flow" button I get the following message: "Please create at least one checking, savings, or cash account before you go to the cash flow forecast" and the system does not allow me to go to cash flow. Could anyone help me solving this problem ? Tks ! Giorgio. ...

Popup menu style like Excel 2007 Filter ?
Hi, Does anybody know how to make the kind of dialog or menu that Ms Excel is using when clicking on an arrow in a cell after 'data', 'filter'. It combines a treecontrol and buttons inside a menu. does anyone have an idea on how to achieve this in MFC. Thanks in Advance Jurgen Roeland --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =- I assume you are talking about the new Office2007 Excel UI. AFAIK, there is no support directly from MFC to do this. You ...

Update Money 2004
I now use Money 2003, is it better to un-install 2003 then upgrade to 2004, or just upgrade to Money 2004? I've always been told to uninstall the previous version before upgrading, just to make sure that older components are truely removed. It also removes any registry entries that may possibly conflict with the new version. As long as you don't delete your data file there's no problem with uninstalling first. -- Regards, Kevin Campbell "Ben" <bsafir@juno.com> wrote in message news:02ee01c35550$a7413900$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I now use Money 2003, is it bet...

Changing Chart of Accounts
I have inherited a really lousy chart of account numbering scheme, e.g. number 6010 is in the asset section of the balance sheet instead of a 1000 type number. Do I have to recreate a whole new COA or is there a way to map old accounts to new accounts in GP? If I create a new COA, will I still be able to access history? -- Susan Scott On Aug 30, 2:10 pm, Susan Scott <SusanSc...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have inherited a really lousy chart of account numbering scheme, e.g. > number 6010 is in the asset section of the balance sheet instead of a 1000 > type numb...

Shared Accounts/Contacts
Quite new to all this. We're just now importing our flat file of contacts and accounts into CRM. Most, if not all, of our company's contacts and accounts are shared. SalesRepA might call on Customer1 to sell one kind of training, while SalesRepB might call on that same customer to sell another type of training. This means that all contacts and all accounts need to be easily accessible to all sales reps. How best to handle this? Each rep simply switches the view to "All Active Accounts/Contacts"?? I tried a test of sharing an account amongst all reps, but the contact sti...