Create Reports Using Classifications (such as "Properties")

I have used the Classifications feature to separate bills I receive for my
home and bills I receive for my rental property.  When I try to view reports
for my property classification, I only get to see the last 6 months.

How can I expand the report to view the entire year?  I would like some tips
to manipulate the data according to classifications so I can generate
different types of reports.

Thank you for your help.

Aaron
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

I assume you have set the date (or it defaulted to) to the last 6 months.
Whn you generate the report, select customize and change the date rage.  You
can also select the class and sub class you want and even the sub totals.

"Aaron McConachie" <AaronMcConachie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:8CD7B5AB-4A80-4DDE-BD0D-00C37D075372@microsoft.com...
>I have used the Classifications feature to separate bills I receive for my
> home and bills I receive for my rental property.  When I try to view
> reports
> for my property classification, I only get to see the last 6 months.
>
> How can I expand the report to view the entire year?  I would like some
> tips
> to manipulate the data according to classifications so I can generate
> different types of reports.
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> Aaron

Protection of document properties ..??
OK, not sure if this is possible but here goes ... I have created a master document in Excel, this will be used by hundreds of people, they will be changing the information within the document but what I need to do is protect the settings of the document e.g. the page setup, whilst still letting changes to the information contained within the document itself. Is there anyway of doing this ? Cheers. Password protect the entire document, then unprotect the user data areas ....? If users need to print off specific bits of it for their own use, create interdependant user pages including jus...

Format Properties for Number That Contain Powers
I have numbers that I am trying to enter into access to use in conversion tables and sometimes the numbers maybe like 1.036368 x 10^-4 or 6.24196 x 10^19 or even 0.404687.... I am trying to determine what would be the best property for a field that contains such a varying array of number schemes. Any suggestions would be helpful. Paul wrote: > I have numbers that I am trying to enter into access to use in conversion > tables and sometimes the numbers maybe like 1.036368 x 10^-4 or 6.24196 x > 10^19 or even 0.404687.... I am trying to determine what would be the best ...

Outlook 2002 Folder Properties & Archive
Operating System - WinXP fully patched Mail Outlook 2002, receiving POP3 mail from Comcast.net only Question: Set Auto Archive features in the Tools, Options, Other menu and applied it to all folders. When I look at individual folder properties, the autoarchive feature is disabled. Folders showing autoarchive disabled are not being archived. How do I force all folders to be archived? Thanks, Anita ...

How do I print the Excel File Properties Contents screen?
I'd like to be able to print the list of worksheets which comes up under File/Properties/Contents. Is there a way to do this? Hi Gail Open File/Properties/Contents. Alt Printscreen go to a empty sheet Ctrl V to paste Print -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Gail Chiarello" <Gail Chiarello@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF532B99-5173-419C-958E-90889EBBDB16@microsoft.com... > I'd like to be able to print the list of worksheets which comes up under > File/Properties/Contents. > > Is there a way to do this? ...

Lock Summary Properties
After creating any file from (excel, word or powerpoint), I want to lock summary file properties. Can you please help me how to do this. Thanks. Regards, Lokesh Can you make the file ReadOnly? (I'm not sure you can do it any other way.) Lokesh wrote: > > After creating any file from (excel, word or powerpoint), I want to lock > summary file properties. Can you please help me how to do this. > > Thanks. > Regards, Lokesh -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Pivot Tables with OLAP Cube
Hi! I use Excel Pivot Tables as OLAP Cube Browser, for cubes which are on an SQL Server Analysis Services Server. This works fine and I'm happy with it, but some of my cubes contain dimension properties, that only Excel 2003 can show, and my company's unfortunately working with Office 2000, Excel 2000 doesn't handle the dimension properties. Does anyone know an Add-in or something I could install for Excel 2000 to access the dimension properties as well? Or Does anyone know a free asp web cube browser such as http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/thankyou.aspx?familyId=d13da3cd-d...

Excel properties
Hi, I'm having a problem running a Word macro which mailmerges data from an excel file I get sent regularly. This only started happening recently. I noticed that my macro runs fine if I open the Excel document then 'save as' the same name. Looking at the properties within Excel I see the original has nothing under the general tab and the archive box is unticked. The resaved document has all the 'type', 'location', 'size' etc data as you would expect, plus the archive box is ticked. Anyone know what's going on here then? Cheers, Shedlord ...

Custom Properties.
In Microsoft Visio, How do i print Custom Properties page have you checked the reports process? al "Beyond-the-Studs" <Beyond-the-Studs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A8A3612-49ED-4B5A-A8D0-98917CF9FCAF@microsoft.com... > In Microsoft Visio, How do i print Custom Properties page ...

What to do to make compiler consider STATIC Readonly properties as CONSTANT?
Hi when i used the following attribute for a property: 1- [DefaultValue(string.Empty)] c# compiler nagged that it expects a constant and forced me to change it to this 2- [DefaultValue("")] Any1 knows of a better programming style than line No. 2-? I thought compliers exist to encourage better programming practice (that is more readable, more protable, more writtabe, more maintainable code )? Thank god for the reflection for that DotNet compilers can evaluate some of expressions to constant values at compile time then why doesnt c# do that? I can make many c# ...

Rogue Password on Properties and References
I just merged some password protected code (modules, class modules and forms)into another file with code that was not password protected. The original passworded code stopped users from viewing modules and userforms. It stopped the user from being able to expand the module/form trees in the project window. It never prevented me from viewing Tools/References I started having problems with the new merged file. Its prompting me for passwords when I go to Tool/References or when I try to look at the Properties of modules. When I try my old passwords, they do not work. So I deleted th...

Need more fields on item properties
I need more fields in item properties tab to described my items. Those fields would have to be able to print on labels. I have already used Sub Description fields. In labels field option i can see Ptiotio for 3 "detail title" and 3 "Detail Field" but i can not find them in any item properties. Is there any other way to add custom fields to item properties ? You can add additional fields in the config (in manager - file - config - captions) and go into the label template you use and add the fileds. -- -Jerry JR Data Inc. "Robert" wrote: > I need more f...

Changing Properties on Delegates
Hello, I have two users with delegate authority to send and create email on the same persons behalf. When one person sends, the from name appears as Bob P when the other person sends it shows as JoAnne, on behalf of Bob P. I've checked everywere I know of to try and change this. If anyone knows how to change this, I would greatly appreciate a response. We are using Outlook 2000 with Exchange 2000. thanks, Andrea AndreaL wrote: > Hello, > > I have two users with delegate authority to send and create email on > the same persons behalf. When one person sends, the from name...

Function to access custom fields in Properties
Is there a function that can retrieve the value of any particular custom field in the file's Properties? Word has this but I can't find it in Excel. Hall Copy/paste this User Defined Function to a module in your workbook. Function DocProps(prop As String) Application.Volatile On Error GoTo err_value DocProps = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties _ (prop) Exit Function err_value: DocProps = CVErr(xlErrValue) End Function =DOCPROPS("last author") or =DOCPROPS("last save time") Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 21:59:56 ...

Additional properties of attributes in XSD
How does one define additional attributes for elements in an XSD? So, I'd like something like this: .... <xs:element name="ClaimNumber" type="xs:string" mycustomproperty="xs:string"/> .... Ideally, I'd like Visual Studio (2005) to allow the entry of these "additional properties" while designing it. Any ideas? Kind regards, Abdullah Abdullah Kauchali wrote: > How does one define additional attributes for elements in an XSD? If you want to allow attributes then the element has complex type e.g. <xs:element name="Clai...

Cant get reference to subform properties in VBA
Because i cant get allen brownes "LockBoundControls" to work with this form. (although it works wonderfully for me in many other instances) I would like to disable the record selectors or possibly the allow additions to prevent copying and pasting a new record to a locked form wich then locks access because of a index violation wich cant be fixed because the form is locked.. after trying to close the form 10 times a message is finally displayed that says the record can not be saved and the form closes.. Please see the code below this line works fine.. Me![F_Parts_Brow...

Need help with Custom Properties Question
I would like to know if and how you can add email to Custom Properties. I know you can type it in. I want to be able to set it up so that a user can look at the Custom Properties of the shape and be able to send email from clicking on the email address in the Custom Properties box. Can this be done? thank you very much. You can store an email address in the custom properties, but you will need to reference the value in an hyperlink row. You then the "mailto:" prefix before the email address in order to create an hyperlink that opens up the registered email applicat...

XmlSerializer
Hi, I know the MSDN documents etc specify that readonly properties of an object is not included in the XML that is generated - but any idea why? This put some rather severe limitations on how you must implement the classes you wish to serialize with, and make the tool inpractical - Most of the cases you will have readonly properties on a class... Any easy work around? IXmlSerializable? XPath Querying Over Objects with ObjectXPathNavigator? Straatvark wrote: > Hi, I know the MSDN documents etc specify that readonly properties of > an object is not included in the XML that is generate...

Print>Properties>Layout>Pages per sheet: this function/property .
In Excel, when I select multiple pages per sheet and the multiple pages are different sheets, then sometimes my hardcopies do have multiple shrunken sheets printed to one page. Othertimes excel and my printer seem to ignore my "multiple pages to one page" request. Why? I've been having the same problem. If you activate multiple sheets, then tell it to print multiple pages per sheet, Excel only prints the first page in the multiple sheet format (i.e., one small page in the upper left of the page.) The rest of the pages come out full size on separate sheets. Does any...

"Permissions" tab in the mailbox properties
I noticed that I can't see that tab anymore. It just does not appear! I'm using OL2003+Exchange Server 2000 On another PC with OL2000, with the same OL profile, I can see it. ?!?!? thanks k ...

File properties shortcut key
Hi Is there some key combination that enables the user to quickly jump to file properties in excel 2007. Kind regards IgorM hi for your question's answer maybe look at this link, http://www.createthefuture.com/Excel_tech_tips "IgorM" wrote: > Hi > > Is there some key combination that enables the user to quickly jump to file > properties in excel 2007. > > Kind regards > > IgorM > > > ASAP utilities have nice macro that shows you all the info about the file. And it is free for home use! http://www.asap-utilities.com/ Shows...

Set Report Pproperties
I'm looking for a function to change the properties of all my reports. I made my database in MS Access 2000 and now I'm using MS Access 2007. I have quite a few reports that I would like to set the popup property that is now available for reports. Does anyone have a function already made that can do this? Thanks, PC ...

Spreadsheet 'Properties'
I have been given a 800k spreadsheet with about 44 sheets to work on from a network source. But the File-Properties option is greyed out for some reason (Excel 2002) - anyone got a clue? Mick check this link: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3BEN-HK%3BQ13056 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

How to stop Excel from changing the cell properties?
Hi everyone, I've just started using Excel for some small spreadsheet I need to have, and I've stumbled upon a little problem. Whenever I enter some text in a cell (for example August 2004), Excel converts it to a 'date' format (aug/2004) which is not what I want. How can I stop Excel from making these conversions, and tell it to keep what I type? Thanks in advance, Ikke Ikke, format the cell as text or put a ' in front of it, you want see the ' -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others c...

silly question
All, I try to write a simple powershell script, which will extract DPM tape content from the media. My code is: $rp in @(Get-RecoveryPoint -Tape $media) "Recovery Point Name:" $rp | fl I see the following output: Recovery Point Name: Name : SRV_SITE Backup Time : 4/1/2010 3:32:05 AM Datasource : SRV-HQ-SQL3\SRV_SITE on computer srv-hq-sql3.srv.local Location : Media But, if i try to print "$rp.Datasource | fl", I see the following output: Recovery Point Name: Computer : SRV-HQ-SQL3 Name : SRV-...

Excel 2002 Print File Properties
Is there a way to print an Excel 2002 file properties when priting the file? Hi what properties do you want to print (and where: header/footer or a cell)? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ateniense1 wrote: > Is there a way to print an Excel 2002 file properties when priting > the file? Hi you may use the following function (put this in a standard module): Function DocProps(prop As String) application.volatile On Error GoTo err_value DocProps = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties (prop) Exit Function err_value: DocProps = CVErr(xlErrValue) End Funct...