Cost basis problem

I am having a weird problem in Money.  In my portfolio view, there is one
mutual fund that shows a 0 cost basis if I display the data by investment
type, but shows the correct cost basis if I display by account name.  What's
the story there?  Any idea how I might fix this fun little problem?

0
anonuser (8)
1/28/2004 2:48:59 AM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Old password problem
I can't get rid of an old password. I've changed the password in Outlook and in Internet Explorer but from somewhere the old password keeps popping up. I reformatted the drive and reinstalled Windows and still that old password persists. Where is it coming from and how do I get rid of it? Bob What is this password for? What version of Outlook? -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "rck" <musonthemt.SPAM_ME_NOT@earthlink.net> wrote in mess...

Outlook 2003 RPC-over-HTTP Logon problem
I have an issue with a user who is running a laptop that is in a docking station and then putting out to a 3 monitor setup using Matrox TripleHead2Go. The screens can only be set up as one large desktop having a resolution of 3840x1024. The issue arises when the user opens up Outlook 2003 and the program attempts to connect to the Exchange server. The credentials/login box appears above the screens displayed area. Using Alt-Space-M allows one to grab the window and place it in the viewable area. However, I want the window to stay where it's placed. Anyone with any ideas or experience with ...

Loan Calculator
Is there a template which can be downloaded which will allow me to enter loan amount, term, interest rate and the accrual basis of Actual/365. Then calcuate payment and amount of finance charge. -- Thanks, Courtney ...

a toolbar tooltip problem
Hi: I overload the CToolBar class , and process the default TBN_GETINFOTIP event to dynamicly changge its tooltips. ( ON_NOTIFY_REFLECT( TBN_GETINFOTIP, OnGetInfoTip) this way works well. Then I create a toolbar in the statusbar in one of my project, but this way doesn't work at all. I couldn't get the OnGetInfoTip event form the toolbar created in the statusbar now. Why? how could I do? Thanks Benben -- Thanks ...

clip art problem
When I try to insert clip art (insert>picture>from clip art) the program dims briefly, then returns, never going to the clip gallery. It always worked before, but for some strange reason it just stopped working a few days ago and I can't insert clip art. I have tried trashing the clip gallery preferences file, rebuilding the desktop, and checking for updates. Has anyone else had this problem? Anyone have a solution? I'm using Office 2001 on OS 9. Thanks! In article <BC676C8C.61CE%graphiteg3@mindspring.com>, graphiteg3 <graphiteg3@mindspring.com> wrote: > When I...

Crosstab query and Lookup field problem
Hi there, I'm trying to create a Crosstab query that shows a Class of Business on the rows, Status along the columns and a total number of Projects as the values. The trouble is, the Project Status field is a lookup from another table, so though the Crosstab query works, along the top it shows 1, 2, 3, 4 etc as the column headings instead of Investigating, Estimating, On Hold...etc. I can't seem to find a way around this, can anyone help? Many thanks That's just one of the many reasons why many of us "seasoned" developers shun lookup fields. If you want to ...

Resource Type Cost: why its cost does not appear in actual cost?
Hello! 1. We have defined a resource type cost in the resource sheet 2. We have assigned its cost on a project task using Tools / Assign Resources 3. We started the project and at some point the project task containing this cost resource was completed. Problem: Although the task is completed, the cost of the resource type cost assigned to it does not appear in the actual cost. We are using MSP 2007. Thank you very much for your help explaining us why this happens. Regards, Ana Ana -- To status an Expense Cost resource, you need to manually enter the actual expenditure...

PO Entry problem
when I use a vb6 to create a purchase order entry. I used gateway.createpurchaseorder, it work and create a po, however, when i used the sql statement inside my vb6 program to create the po entris, the entries were inserted into the database, i can query it out and see they are there. However, if I used the RMS Manager program to view the order, there not entry for the order, please advice Raemond wrote: > when I use a vb6 to create a purchase order entry. I used > gateway.createpurchaseorder, it work and create a po, however, when i used > the sql statement inside my vb6 prog...

SetWorldTransform problem
I've created simple SDI project and when I put such stuff on OnPaint for the View class the GDI operations after SetWorldTransform doesn't seem to work. Why? I add that I'm working on default MM_TEXT mapping mode and XP system CPaintDC dc(this); HDC hDc = dc.GetSafeHdc(); XFORM xTransform; CRect area(100,100,200,200); dc.Rectangle(area); // this one is visible int oldMode = SetGraphicsMode(hDc, GM_ADVANCED); xTransform.eDx = 200; xTransform.eDy = 100; SetWorldTransform(hDc,&xTransform); dc.Rectangle(area); // this one was not painted !!?? xTransform.eDx = xTransform.eDy = 0;...

Autotext problem
Hi Word 2003 I have a macro that I have been using for months without serious incident then suddenly today it has stopped working giving an error. I have a table that I insert via autotext. I select some text and run a macro and the selected text is formated and inserted into the table. The autotext insertion is not working giving an error 5941 The requested member of the collection does not exist. It stops on this line ActiveDocument.AttachedTemplate.AutoTextEntries("MyTable").Insert Where:=oRng The autotext entry "MyTable" works fine when i ins...

Money 2007 Installation Problem
I've been unsuccessful in installing either the Deluxe or Essentials version of the program. I've searched the web and implemented the "reset security settings",reboot, and then shut down all anti-virus/spyware programs. I still get a window that says not all of the necessary components were installed so the installation has failed. -- Thanks MUCH! Dave ...

Problem with report writer.
When I press the Text Tool button and then go to the Report Layout and release I can sometimes add text and other times it does not allow me to do it. I have added text twice and then when I tried to add a thrid text to the same report this started happening. I have exitied the report and then went back in and it still does not let me add text. Any thoguhts to what I am doing wrong. This problem has bothered me for years as I do not use Report writer often and prefer crystal. It sounds like yu are trying to drag the text field over onto the report. While this is the way that Crystal w...

Publisher 2007 & additional licenses
We have 2 versions of publisher. One is 2000 the other is 2002. Can I upgrade both with the same version? Where do I get the additional license for the 2nd machine? Barb wrote: > We have 2 versions of publisher. One is 2000 the other is 2002. Can I > upgrade both with the same version? Where do I get the additional license > for the 2nd machine? If they are both full-version copies (i.e. the 2002 version isn't an upgrade from the 2000 version), then you can buy two upgrade packages to upgrade each to Publisher 2007. There is no discount for buying only one box and t...

char array problem
Hello, I have an unsigned char array: intAuthCode[]={0x00, 0x88, 0x00, 0x00, 0x08, 0x01, 0x02, 0x03, 0x04, 0x05, 0x06, 0x07, 0x08} I pass that array to a method like this: device->ICCSendData(intAuthCode, bufferOut); The method signature is: bool ICCSendData(unsigned char *data, unsigned char * bufferOut); Inside the method I try to get the size if the data array: int size = sizeof(data); The result should be 13, but instead I get 5. Can anyone help me. Thanks. Carlos A. <licheca@gmail.com> wrote in message news:e0f7f956-3fe6-4774-ab08-f63c6c4a7cc0@i29g2000prf.googlegro...

Strange CListCtrl problem
Hello, I am using a list control (CListCtrl) in "report view" format within a class derived from CFormView. I am creating the columns in the overridden OnIntialUpdate( ) method using InsertColumn( ). I then attempt to populate the control using InsertItem( ) and SetItemText( ) methods in the overridden OnUpdate method. In this case, the InsertItem( ) calls seem to work with data being displayed as intended, however the SetItemText( ) calls do not cause any data to be displayed. Now, if I cut and paste the code from the OnUpdate( ) method to the OnIntialUpdate( ) method, eve...

problem with ocx
Hi Can anyone tell me how to write property SET function? I've created a property and written a SET function which was to check it's new value before being changed. The problem is that I always get an error: "reference not set to an instance of object". What's wrong with this code? --------property and function declaration in DISPATCH_MAP DISP_PROPERTY_NOTIFY(CUClientXCtrl, "ServerHost", m_ServerHost, SetServerHost, VT_BSTR) DISP_FUNCTION(CUClientXCtrl, "SetServerAddress", SetServerAddress, VT_EMPTY, VTS_BSTR) --------function body: void CUCli...

Problems Sending a Spreadsheet
I sent a spreadsheet I wrote to a friend of mine, and he sent me pack a screenshot showing the data he inputed and the results. The spreadsheet works the way it is supposed to but there are tiny little colored triagles in the upper left hand corner of every cell that requires a calculation.. I can't reproduce this, and I have no idea what they are. We are both using Office 2007. Does anybody know what's causing this, and how I can get rid of them? Thanks Those sound like the warning triangles where Excel thinks that there MAY be a problem with the data, such as a number stored i...

Correcting Landed Costs
Hi, I have been researching on how to correct landed costs but there does not seem to be any supporting documenations for it. I have an item that was received under the wrong item code. (non- inventoried item). The item got received along with the Landed cost. I would like to re-enter a new PO instead and then rereceive the items and LC but I need to back out first the incorrect transaction. I can enter a Purchase Order Return doc type to back out the non- inentoried item that got received initially but how do I back out the Landed cost? Any ideas? thank you. Hi, this K...

export problems for Excel
Hi all, Some of our users experience problems with exports to MS Excel. The thing is that currencies are not recognized by Excel as such, e.g. the Est. Revenue (from the Opportunity view) column is displayed there as text. Trying to resolve this by changing the format for the column in Excel actually doesn't help, as the figures e.g. can still not be used for formulas. Is this fixed by changing general settings in Excel? Can someone tell what settings? Thank you for replying, Basman What version of Excel are your users running? I haven't been able to recreate this. When I expor...

SQL Script to set item cost to highest cost for that item on any PO
What I need to do is set the current item cost (on the item properties page) for all my items to the highest cost for each item on any PO ever regardless of the PO status (closed, placed, etc) if it's not currently set to this already. Before I do this I would like to print out a list of changes that will be made. Can anybody help me with an SQL script for this (yes I will back up before doing anything!)? Alex, Assuming you are ok with 0 being set for a cost if the item has never been Ordered, here is a script that should work for you. UPDATE Item SET Cost = ISNULL( ( SELEC...

Shipping Cost into Item Cost
Hi, I am a retailer of apparel, and shipping costs usually account for about 2-5% of the actual cost of the item. Because sometimes different suppliers have different item costs, I try to include the shipping costs into the item costs in my purchase order. What exactly happens when I put a value into the shipping option, rather than figuring out the shipping cost per item and adding it into my item cost? Is there a way for me to have it automatically share that shipping cost into the item cost? THANKS! ...

Inventory Costing
We have a client that has their items setup with Average valuation. They actually do not own the items. So when they post a PO Receiving transaction they don't Debit Inventory GL account, they instead Debit a Due/To From Account. The issue they have is how the average costing is automatically generating GL entries to account for cost variances. They don't need that entry to occur. So the question is how can we prevent that automatic cost variance entry from being created? Do they have to change valuation method? Is there a setup to not have GP create those entries? Can ...

Word Automation Export toWord Problems
Hi , I am using word Automation to export to word . I am getting a exception like ex.message gives :- Command only available in print layout view. ex.stacktrace gives :- at Word.View.set_SeekView(WdSeekView prop) My code is I am trying to add a Image to Header ... oWord.ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.SeekView = WdSeekView.wdSeekCurrentPageHeader; logoCustom = oWord.Selection.HeaderFooter.Shapes.AddPicture(logoPath, logoCustom.Select( logoCustom.Name = logoCustom.Left = ( String logoPath = GetImgPath();ref oFalse, ref oTrue, ref oMissing, ref oMissing, ref oMissing, ref oMissing...

You Cannot Exceed PO Cost
Using Project Accounting with Purchase Order Processing, GP10 SP1: PROBLEM: Attempting to receive and invoice items from a Purchase Order displays the message "You are not allowed to exceed PO cost." The error message appears numerous times before finally opening Receiving Transaction Entry, but does not allow you to receive all items. The amount open in the PO equals the total PO amount, and the total cost of the PO does not exceed what is budgeted/forecasted under PA cost categories. Checking to allow "Exceed Total PO Cost" under PA Purchase Order Processing Setup...

2000 Publisher problems and printing!!
My dauher is gettinf married on the 18th. I created a beautiful program ...12 pages 4.75H x6.5H wuth a natural oaoer cover...all this bound together with a a ribbon. My problem is something called TILING. The booklet printed out beautifully until I closed the program. When I opened it this tiling thing appears and now I cannot get the program to print! I need to have 200 of them printed by this weekend...can someone help? How do I convert this back to booklet and not tiled. I've gone so far as to delete the printer driver and reinstall it. It worked perfectly until I co...