Converting Quicken 2004 to Money

Quicken 2004 has many bugs, and I have had it.  The most
recent being that it doesn't work AT ALL now that it is
the year 2004.  I have had to change the date on my
computer today to open it.  I want to get Money instead,
however I do not know if Money can get my data from the
2004 version.  Does anybody know for sure?
0
anonymous (74722)
1/2/2004 1:13:05 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Yes is the answer to the question you posed. No is the answer to the
question you are getting to but didn't pose. M04 imports Q03 and earlier. If
the past predicts the future M05 will import Q04.

"Colin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Quicken 2004 has many bugs, and I have had it.  The most
> recent being that it doesn't work AT ALL now that it is
> the year 2004.  I have had to change the date on my
> computer today to open it.  I want to get Money instead,
> however I do not know if Money can get my data from the
> 2004 version.  Does anybody know for sure?

I'm trying to do this very thing & having problems w/ file
conversion - nothing converts.

I'd have to advise against wasting much time on it for now.

Good Luck

0
anonymous (74722)
1/7/2004 6:31:36 AM
As Dick has already posted M2004 is NOT supposed to convert Q2004. Money is
always released before Quicken so can only convert Quicken version n-1.

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

"sgrand" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to do this very thing & having problems w/ file
> conversion - nothing converts.
>
> I'd have to advise against wasting much time on it for now.
>
> Good Luck

0
Bob_Peel1 (286)
1/7/2004 6:46:53 AM
sgrand

where did you read that it converted quicken 2004?

Bob
"sgrand" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to do this very thing & having problems w/ file
> conversion - nothing converts.
>
> I'd have to advise against wasting much time on it for now.
>
> Good Luck

0
Arge

Money 2004 in Windows Mobile 5.0
Hello, I just buy a handheld HP 2490, this have a Windows Mobile 5.0 for Pocket PC, somebody know who i can sync my transacction with this handheld. Microsoft Say windows mobile 5 don't have the sync program (ALWAYS MICROSOFT) Short answer - you can't. -- Michael Gordon "jmcs" <jcw2000@intelnet.net.gt> wrote in message news:ubExwHsAHHA.2328@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I just buy a handheld HP 2490, this have a Windows Mobile 5.0 for > Pocket PC, somebody know who i can sync my transacction with this > handheld. > > Micr...

"Floated" (or loaned) Money paid back in cash
All, I'm sure variations on this question have been asked before, but I can't seem to find an answer that makes sense in my situation. I have a cash account that I use for loaning money, borrowing money, etc. I call it Misc. Assets and Liabilities. I've used this successfully in the past when I've floated someone money--for example, I bought my mother's computer on my credit card. She sent me a check, I put the deposit against that account, and all was well. In my current situation, I pre-paid my volleyball team fees. The total was $360, $60 of which was for myself. ...

Can I delete my Entourage 2004 Identities once I've upgraded to 20
I just (finally) upgraded to Office 2008, but I need to keep Excel 2004, so I didn't remove Office 2004. Now I've got two identical (and huge) Identity folders, and I was wondering if I can delete the 2004 Identity if I'm going to use Entourage 2008? Thanks! On 4/19/10 9:26 AM, Jg wrote: > I just (finally) upgraded to Office 2008, but I need to keep Excel 2004, so I > didn't remove Office 2004. Now I've got two identical (and huge) Identity > folders, and I was wondering if I can delete the 2004 Identity if I'm going > to use Entourage 2008?...

Money not updating online
It seems that Money goes to www.spcomstock.com to get quote updates (look in my information sheet) ... however that site has change to www.comstock- interactivedata.com. Now online updating in Money doesn't work ... at least mine doesn't. Try to go to the www.spcomstock.com and you'll time out with an error. I don't see any way to change how money accesses the web site. Thoughts .... am I off base. Have read other notes on the subject and suggestions around firewalls etc. I haven't changed mine, but just in case turned it off and still money won't update....

Money 2000 isn't importing downloads from citicards.com
Hello. Usually (every month), when I balance my credit card, I download my statement from citibank. However, when I tried to do this today, the download seemed to happen, but Money never reacted. Is there a way to do this importation manually? Thanks. Todd Todd, Not sure what Citibank card you have, but for mine, Citibank stopped offering direct access from within Money (and Quicken, etc.) Also, on their website, I can no longer even download a Money format from there. All I can download is a standard "QIF" format. That comes into Money just fine, but you have to tell Mo...

Microsoft Money Plus and future versions
We have been asked to post the following by the MS Money Team. Annual Release Change .. Microsoft Money Plus continues to be a valuable tool for our customers; however the feedback we are hearing is that the incremental updates to the software don't merit a new product every year. Given this, we have decided against releasing a 2009 version of Money Plus. .. We are moving off of an annual release cycle for Microsoft Money Plus (no Money 2009 version in the fall), with future release dates TBD. Money Plus continues to be a valuable tool for our customers, however the feedback we ar...

hebrew in office 2004 and 2008
hey can write in hebrew, however it makes a lot of problems. also, when i open a word document in hebrew it writes it from left to right instead right to left.<br> what can i do? sorry, no right-to-left support in MacOffice. Google for two programs called Mellel and Nisus Writer, and possibly NeoOffice. medic07@officeformac.com wrote: > hey can write in hebrew, however it makes a lot of problems. also, > when i open a word document in hebrew it writes it from left to right > instead right to left. > what can i do? I received and installed Microsoft Office for Mac yest...

money 2004 and downloads
Just upgraded from money 2003 to 2004 problem when trying to update stocks etc via internet it say problem with install re install using original disks , I have tried this and it makes no difference , it worked perfectly in 2003 and yet since the upgrade only once have i been able to download prices , the money update part of the program returns no errors just the stock prices section anyone else have this probem ? thanks Did you disable your virus and firewall programs before installing 2004? Did you uninstall your previous money version before installing 2004? "John R" <info...

Upgraded both of my macs to Office 2004 and wish I could have Office x back! Any help?!?!
Hi, I am running a G5 Imac 1.8Ghz and a G4 Powerbook 1.5GHz and have been happily running office X on both machines for as long as I've owned them (1 and 2 years respectively) Before the Pbook, I also had an I book running Office X for 18 months with no troubles. I just installed Office 2004 2 weeks ago, and am consistently noticing, on both machines, serious system slowdown over the course of the day. To the point where, by mid-afternooon, my system needs to be restarted. The symptoms are identical on both macs (naturally the Pbook runs even slower than the G5 as these problems advan...

"Convert" command?
Hi everybody! Is there a SQL command for MS Access similar to the CONVERT command in Transact-SQL? And could you please help me an usage example? I need to change a DateTime format, something like this: (this is what I would do in SQLServer): SELECT distinct(CONVERT(char(11),dateField,105)) from Table1 order by CONVERT(char(11),dateField,105) Thank you! Ricardo. hi Ricardo, Ricardo Vazquez wrote: > Is there a SQL command for MS Access similar to the CONVERT command in > Transact-SQL? Not SQL, but VBA. Take a look at CDate(), CStr(), CLng, etc in the OH. mfG --> stefan &...

converting lower case text to upper case?
I have Msft Excel, vsn 2002, Windows XP. I desire to change all lower text that is in a vertical column of cells to upper case. I just purchased Msft Excel for Dummies, but could not find a method there for doing it. Can anyone suggest a simple method for changing all of the vertical cells in a single column to Upper Case with one instruction? Best, Aaron One way: in an unused column, say J, enter: J1: =UPPER(A1) then copy down as far as necessary. Copy column J, select column A and choose Edit/Paste Special, selecting the Values radio button. Then clear column J. If you do ...

PC Comments from PowerPoint 2003 are not viewable in OfficeMac 2004
We are experiencing some trouble with seeing PC comments on the Mac in PowerPoint. We are running Office 2003 at the latest service release and security updates and OfficeMac 11.3.2. The Mac Comments are visible on both systems but the comments made by the PC are not viewable on the Mac. I found this thread http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.mac.office/browse_frm/thread/c668f173ef40eca2/e7ce8cd9b45fc57d?lnk=gst&q=Comments+PC&rnum=2#e7ce8cd9b45fc57d But did not find the answers useful. Anyone run into this or have any suggestions? Hi, Comments appear in Balloons in Mi...

Using money on another computer
I am using Microsoft Money 2003 D&B. I have my computer networked with my secretaries computer. I want her to pay my bills on her computer. I tried installing money 2003 on her computer (after uninstalling on mine) and it appeared to install properly but when I try and start it using the desktop icon that was installed it pops on and then off with no error message. I use Windows 98 on her computer as there are some old programs I use that only work on that operating system. Any solutions or suggestions. Also is there anyway to use this program over the network so that it ca...

Money 2003 #14
Recently, in the Portfolio Manager, 'Today's Total Change' for funds is not posting. All others OK. This is also affecting the "Change: $$$" at the bottom of the portfolio. No help on line. No QFEs for this version. Any ideas? -John ...

I've downloaded and accepted a lot of transactions YTD that have all been auto-reconciled. I didn't realize that was happening until I wanted to balance against my paper statement. Is there a way to select multiple transactions (all) and mark as unreconciled? In microsoft.public.money, bran100 wrote: >I've downloaded and accepted a lot of transactions YTD that have all >been auto-reconciled. I didn't realize that was happening until I >wanted to balance against my paper statement. > >Is there a way to select multiple transactions (all) and mark as >unrecon...

Asset Allocation
I have noticed that the Asset Allocation settings for each individula investment does not always translate to the Asset Allocation section of the Investment tab and the report section for AA. To make matters more confusing - the same accounts are reported differently between the two separate sections. Are these just bugs in teh code base or is there a way to repair the problem? Steve ...

Currency in Money 99
I would like to know if its possible in any way to have in each one of my entries in Money 99 (its the last version available / released here in Brazil) an entry in another currency, for example, i would like to track today how much in US$ i spent in a entry made also in local currency (here in Brazil we use R$). Any help will be very welcome! Thanks Dan Brazil ...

Calculate in Today's Money?
I have a spreadsheet that lists the estimated balance in a savings plan each year for the next 25 years. I also have estimated the rate of inflation at 3.5%. Can anyone tell me what formula I would use to display the balance in "today's money"? Thanks! Rick B Okay, I think I figured it out... =F7/(1+((B7-$B$5)*$K$4)) Where F7 is my ending balance. B7 is the current year. B5 is the starting year. K4 is my interest rate. Does this work? The numbers look realistic. Thanks Rick B "Rick B" <Anonymous> wrote in message news:%23JZF0cf4EHA.2316@TK2MS...

Credit cards that work in Money WITHOUT Yodlee/Passport?
Which credit cards can send account info into Microsoft Money WITHOUT using Yodlee/Passport? I know of at least one: USAA Savings Bank. Others? -- David Arnstein arnstein+usenet@pobox.com In microsoft.public.money, David Arnstein wrote: >Which credit cards can send account info into Microsoft Money WITHOUT >using Yodlee/Passport? I know of at least one: USAA Savings Bank. Citicards http://www.citibank.com/us/cards/chooser/ Discovercard http://discovercard.com/ For a more inclusive list see http://www.microsoft.com/money/bankonline.aspx?FirstLetter=&FinananceOrganisationTyp...

msn money stock quotes options symbol changes
Since the change to stock options symbols I have been unable to get stock option pricing. I have tried several forms of the new symbols (I cant seem to find a definitive description of the proper symbols) and nothing works. I have seen a couple references online by people that claim they got it to function but they don't include any working examples. Will the msn money stock quotes addin continue to work with stock options, and if so, please give an explanation and more importantly at least one actual working example. ...

Money Plus Premium
Just installed M+ Premium on Windows 7 (64 bit) OS. I have Money 2003 installed on the old computer running Windows XP. Copied my money.mny file from Money 2003 on old computer to documents folder on Windows 7/M+ computer and started the M+ Premium program. It prompted me for password and brought up "converting file" screen. Program then stops responding. Is there a way to get my data file from Money 2003 converted to use with M+ Premium? Thanks. Bob In microsoft.public.money, bobinwa wrote: >Just installed M+ Premium on Windows 7 (64 bit) OS. I have Money 2003...

Export/import stock price from/to Money #2
I used Money 2003 in Taiwan (not USA). The stock is not USA stock, so I don't use the on-line update stock price. Is there any method to export/import my stock price ? Even write a program to do that, it's OK for me. Thanks. ...

Service Pack 1 for Money 2007 released: FYI
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927811 It is not yet fully released a couple customer may get it but its not released yet fully Steve "SNV" <SNV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2EFB42BB-0112-412B-A438-B42418AFBD25@microsoft.com... > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927811 > On Nov 7, 3:35=A0am, "Steve" <steven_morriso...@hotmail.com> wrote: > It is not yet fully released a couple customer may get it but its not > released yet fully > Steve"SNV" <S...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messagenews:2EFB42BB...

which one is the most up to date INTERNATIONAL version of money?
HELLO, i had purchased a laptop two years ago with microsft money included. it is an international version and i am interested in buying the latest version as i have seen there is a 2005 one however my file cannot be imported into any of the uk or small business versions... where can i find the upgrade of my version? thanx in advance diz ljdiz@hotmail.com ps feel free to mail me directly,thanx There is an international 2005 version. Part number: 105-00491 -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://money.mvps.org/faq for tips and fixes for MS Money. T...

MS Money 2004 Bills & Deposits....where are they??!!
Hi All Having spent ages trying to figure my way round Money 2004 (having moved from Money 2001) I thought I'd come on here to see if anyone can help. A really useful aspect of 2001 was the ability to forecast future balances by entering bills scheduled for the next month, 6 months etc. In version 2004 however, after I check 'appear in register' on the Bills & Deposits page the items don't appear in my current account - in fact other than a reminder of a forthcoming bill on the home page, they appear to vanish. Am I missing something here or has something changed? I'd...