Converting Quicken 2004 to Money

Quicken 2004 has many bugs, and I have had it.  The most
recent being that it doesn't work AT ALL now that it is
the year 2004.  I have had to change the date on my
computer today to open it.  I want to get Money instead,
however I do not know if Money can get my data from the
2004 version.  Does anybody know for sure?
0
anonymous (74718)
1/2/2004 1:13:05 AM
money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

Yes is the answer to the question you posed. No is the answer to the
question you are getting to but didn't pose. M04 imports Q03 and earlier. If
the past predicts the future M05 will import Q04.

"Colin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Quicken 2004 has many bugs, and I have had it.  The most
> recent being that it doesn't work AT ALL now that it is
> the year 2004.  I have had to change the date on my
> computer today to open it.  I want to get Money instead,
> however I do not know if Money can get my data from the
> 2004 version.  Does anybody know for sure?

I'm trying to do this very thing & having problems w/ file
conversion - nothing converts.

I'd have to advise against wasting much time on it for now.

Good Luck

0
anonymous (74718)
1/7/2004 6:31:36 AM
As Dick has already posted M2004 is NOT supposed to convert Q2004. Money is
always released before Quicken so can only convert Quicken version n-1.

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

"sgrand" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to do this very thing & having problems w/ file
> conversion - nothing converts.
>
> I'd have to advise against wasting much time on it for now.
>
> Good Luck

0
Bob_Peel1 (286)
1/7/2004 6:46:53 AM
sgrand

where did you read that it converted quicken 2004?

Bob
"sgrand" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to do this very thing & having problems w/ file
> conversion - nothing converts.
>
> I'd have to advise against wasting much time on it for now.
>
> Good Luck

0
Arge

Can't get money 2002 to open money 98 backup file.
I keep getting an message saying either it isn't a money file or the file is corrupted. I did this over and over on diff. floppies. Still the same. It is on our biz laptop we backup money 98 to a floppy, then to our pc in the office we try to restore and no go. Any clues? Pretty much tried everything possible here. Thanx Ben In microsoft.public.money, Ben wrote: >I keep getting an message saying either it isn't a money >file or the file is corrupted. I did this over and over on >diff. floppies. Still the same. It is on our biz laptop we >backup money 98 to a flo...

How to Convert UTC to localTIme(C# )

Latest version of Money Deluxe 2006
How do I determine if I have the most recent revision of 2006 Deluxe? I've done searches online but don't see a current version number listed anywhere. Thanks! AFAIK there have been no updates to M2006. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "Michael F." <MichaelF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CEF63C8E-9D71-4E10-9776-897531351A35@microsoft.com... > How do I determine if I hav...

Convert text to time value

how to convert date

Import quicken 2003 to money 98??
Is if possible to import *.QSD and *.QDF files into Money98? I have some old records from two different computers I want to consolidate. I no longer own a copy of quicken, but still use money 98 at home. Any suggestions? John Not directly. M98 will only know how to deal with Quicken or, and I'm guessing here, Quicken files in native formats for the versions of Quicken that came out more or less in summer of 1997 or before. Suggestions? A) Figure out how to turn the Q03 files into QIF, b) Get a newer version of Money. M98 was the single buggiest version in the history of the produ...

MS Money 2007 Deluxe vs Money Plus?
Is their any reason to upgrade? I downloaded the Demo of Plus but it looks just like 2007. I see no reason to drop $30 bucks. I wish they'd get a feature where I can enter a transaction on the money website and then sync when I get home. I like to enter stuff into my account register just as quickly as I can. One extra year before it turns into a pumpkin. The feature you are looking for was there and was removed. Not clear why it was removed--perhaps not enough people used it? Lots of users did find the very presence of the feature a reason to stay awake at night worrying that Bill...

Excel: Auto converting text to numbers

Convert Access97 to 2000

MONEY 2004 #52
I HAVE 2 ACCTS FOR ABOVE.I CAN DO ALL THE NECESSARY ENTRIES,ETC.BUT I CAN'T DO THE SAME ON THE SECOND ACCT.FOR SOME REASON,WHEN I START THE SECOND ACCT AND MAKE ALL THE ENTRIES I CAN NOT SAVE THEM,ONLY THE FIRST SHOWS UP.I HAVE SEPERATE NAMES FORT THE 2 ACCTS.WHY CAN'T I SEE THE ENTRIES FOR THE SECOND ACCT.TELL ME WHAT I'M MISSING OR DOING WRONG. THANKS. ...

Convert 2000 Calendar to web page

Huge Office X Database, Small Office 2004 Database
I am running OS 10.3.9 on a newer PB. Prior to last week, I had been using Office X. Due to a problem with the max file size of Entourage, I switched to Office 2004. I've been using Office 2004 (heavily) for about a week. Today I looked in the MS User Data folder for Office 2004 and was shocked to see that the Database file was only 18MB in size and has a last modified date that corrisponds to the date I installed 2004. My Office X Database file is at 2.27GB and has a modification date of today. I'd like to uninstall Office X, but am afraid that I'll also loose all my data. Can ...

XML Note convert to DataSet

Convert

Problem converting from Quicken to M2005

Numbers converting to decimal

2004 Mac Suddently getting same multiple messages
Suddendly, about 2 weeks ago, when I open, I get messages for this year. I go thru and delete what not supposed to be because I've already deleted them. Then the same messsages keep coming back in - either when Send & Receive time goes to zero andd/or when I open Entourage. This is NOT every time. I cannot figure out the time schedule of when it does this. I have not changed any thing. I am now up to 6,751 Deleted Items. At one time, when I clicked on the Deleted Items folder, many of the messages in that folder went away. No longer. Where are these messages being store...

Converting Quicken 2004 to Money

Envelop Budgeting in Money
Money budgeting systems is not very good. I need a envelope system to help me plan allocate for those 1 time or 2 time a year expenses I have several. Like hiding money from myself with out effecting my check register. Either in a budget table or allocation account. Does anybody have a method of doing this that works. I have experimented with UNDATED transaction in checking account to hide money from the bottom line. These transaction do not show up in the cashflow. I have also tried transfering to "cash" accounts , but that messes up the register Any body have any other idea...

Converting from AOL to Outlook

Customizing "Convert Campaign Response"
We have created custom Fields in the Campaign Response entity that we would like to populate on the Lead Entity when we do a conversion. However it doesn't seem like this is possible from the Data Map. Is there a way to modify what fields are carried forward during a conversion, or do I need to find a different method? Thank you in advance. Hi, As I had some time left, I tried to figure this one out. To my surprise I can't find ANY direct link between a converted campaign response and a new lead. There is only an indirect link, through the campaign entity. But that does not ...

Converting Hours an minutes just into minutes #2
Is thier a formula to use to change hous and minutes, just into minutes ex: 01:30 (1 hour and 30 minutes) into 90 minutes. And how do you format the cells. Thank you Select the cell and change the format to: [m] -- Gary's Student "Six Sigma Blackbelt" wrote: > Is thier a formula to use to change hous and minutes, just into minutes ex: > 01:30 (1 hour and 30 minutes) into 90 minutes. And how do you format the > cells. > > Thank you ...

Microsoft Money 2004 to Quicken 2010
Have gone to Win7 and had Money 2004 working in XP Mode inside Win 7 but XP mode has crashed due to BIOS no longer recognising Intel Virtualisation Technology on the i5 750 CPU. Have tried opening the file with Money 2004 in Windows XP but it doesn't like it (possible security clash as it was updated in Win & XP Mode). Thought that I would go to Quicken 2010, but now find that it only imports Money 2007 and 2008 files! Tried downloading a trial version of Money 2008 and it doesn't want to open the file as it is from an earlier version of money! Where to next? ...