Converting a Money 2002 File

I am trying to convert my Money 2002 file to Money 2006, and when it reaches
the "Converting File" status bar, the application hangs ("Program not
Responding").  I have tried converting from both a back up file (e.g.
Restore) and by opening the My Money.mny file.  Both result in the same
problem.
0
fsunole1 (1)
10/22/2005 3:19:02 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, fsunole1 wrote:

>I am trying to convert my Money 2002 file to Money 2006, and when it reaches
>the "Converting File" status bar, the application hangs ("Program not
>Responding").  I have tried converting from both a back up file (e.g.
>Restore) and by opening the My Money.mny file.  Both result in the same
>problem.

You may want to give it more time-- perhaps overnight.

If that does not do it, and if you are using XP,
Start->Programs->Accessories->SystemTools->SystemRestore to
create a restore point.  Then in IE6, start with
Tools->Options->Security->LocalIntranet->DefaultLevel which may be
sufficient.  If not sufficient, you can try the default level for
the Internet zone and the TrustedSites zone.  Then also in IE6,
Tools->Options->Advanced->RestoreDefaults.  Try the conversion then.
To restore your security settings to what you had previously, you
can Start->Programs->Accessories->SystemTools->SystemRestore to
restore you computer to an earlier time using the restore point you
had created.

If that does not let you updated, and if you are using XP, I would
have suggested you create a new user with Administrator privilege,
switch to that user and try to convert as that user.  The theory is
that if the problem is an IE6 setting, you will get default
settings for the new user.  If you succeed this way, it would not
change your settings as the main user.  The thing that I fear would
happen, tho, is that the file ownership of the file to be
converted, or the resulting converted file would give you a
problem.  You could try that instead.  I am not sure you would have
that problem with ownership.
Please let us know what succeeds for you.could try using XP system
restore to back up the settings you currently have

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

How to Convert UTC to localTIme(C# )

Reading Publisher file after burning to CD
After a Publisher file is burned to a CD, error message says Publisher cannot find that file. ...

Can't get money 2002 to open money 98 backup file.
I keep getting an message saying either it isn't a money file or the file is corrupted. I did this over and over on diff. floppies. Still the same. It is on our biz laptop we backup money 98 to a floppy, then to our pc in the office we try to restore and no go. Any clues? Pretty much tried everything possible here. Thanx Ben In microsoft.public.money, Ben wrote: >I keep getting an message saying either it isn't a money >file or the file is corrupted. I did this over and over on >diff. floppies. Still the same. It is on our biz laptop we >backup money 98 to a flo...

Latest version of Money Deluxe 2006
How do I determine if I have the most recent revision of 2006 Deluxe? I've done searches online but don't see a current version number listed anywhere. Thanks! AFAIK there have been no updates to M2006. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "Michael F." <MichaelF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CEF63C8E-9D71-4E10-9776-897531351A35@microsoft.com... > How do I determine if I hav...

Convert text to time value

how to convert date

CHm file format
Hello, I have seen your's reference on code project. I am new to CHM format and i need to create a CHM viewer. I have some queries regarding the same a) what is binary TOC and binary index ( I have been able to parse the HHc and HHk fie). How i should parse the same b) What are merged files. How i can read them c) How how CHI, CHw and CHQ files can be created. How reading of these files will be different form the reading CHM file. Please help me out by answering my queries. Thanks, Ritu ...

Pocket Excel files (.pxl) do not open in Excel 2003 on XP desktop
I just tried to open a Pocket Excel file on my Windows XP desktop and the file could not be opened. Has anyone had any luck opening Pocket excel files on a desktop PC without converting them? Pocket Excel I believe is the .pxl format that the Handheld PC and the PocketPC use. I may want to password protect files and send them to a party that does not have a PocketPC. Can this be done, or do I need to convert the files to MS excel and password protect a seperate .zip file using resco File explorer? I cannot send any files to this party that are not password protected for the risk is to...

MS Money 2007 Deluxe vs Money Plus?
Is their any reason to upgrade? I downloaded the Demo of Plus but it looks just like 2007. I see no reason to drop $30 bucks. I wish they'd get a feature where I can enter a transaction on the money website and then sync when I get home. I like to enter stuff into my account register just as quickly as I can. One extra year before it turns into a pumpkin. The feature you are looking for was there and was removed. Not clear why it was removed--perhaps not enough people used it? Lots of users did find the very presence of the feature a reason to stay awake at night worrying that Bill...

How do I bring up a file that I saved as an Excel file?
I am taking classes and have to do work on Excel and was wondering why when I save them I can't retrieve them? I can see the file names but am not able to retrieve them I am inexperienced on Office. Hi open excel, choose file & open, locate your files, click on the one you want to open and press the Open button. however, if the files that you want to open are on a floppy disk then it is a VERY good idea to copy them onto your hard drive before opening them. This is best achieved using windows explorer. to do this: right mouse click on the start button choose explore ensure the flo...

Excel: Auto converting text to numbers

Convert Access97 to 2000

Attach file vs insert file
I have a user who is trying to attach a file to an email (Exchange 2003 SP2, Outlook 2003) using the paperclip icon. Instead of attaching to the email (adding an Attach: line under the Subject line) Outlook is inserting the file into the body of the email. Any suggestions? TOP wrote: > I have a user who is trying to attach a file to an email (Exchange 2003 SP2, > Outlook 2003) using the paperclip icon. Instead of attaching to the email > (adding an Attach: line under the Subject line) Outlook is inserting the > file into the body of the email. > > Any suggestions?...

MONEY 2004 #52
I HAVE 2 ACCTS FOR ABOVE.I CAN DO ALL THE NECESSARY ENTRIES,ETC.BUT I CAN'T DO THE SAME ON THE SECOND ACCT.FOR SOME REASON,WHEN I START THE SECOND ACCT AND MAKE ALL THE ENTRIES I CAN NOT SAVE THEM,ONLY THE FIRST SHOWS UP.I HAVE SEPERATE NAMES FORT THE 2 ACCTS.WHY CAN'T I SEE THE ENTRIES FOR THE SECOND ACCT.TELL ME WHAT I'M MISSING OR DOING WRONG. THANKS. ...

Cannot double click an excel file and open it.
Hi When I double click an excel file, the excel application opens with a grey screen. If I drag the file onto the grey screen it opens fine. If I double click an excel attachement the excel screen opens grey and I get a message box saying The system cannot find the file specified. If I drag an excel file into the outlook inbox and then double click on it, it launches as it would normaly. I have un associated and re associated the file with Excel. I have checked the selections under the window menu in Excel, but unhide is greyed out, indicating that excel has opened, but not loaded the fil...

Files Publisher cannot open.
After creating files in Publisher 2003, most will not open. I get the message"Publisher cannot open this file". ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=cbbcbdd8-ef0a-412a-9a74-65ca4bb16...

Convert 2000 Calendar to web page

XML Note convert to DataSet

Convert

How to access vrge file
I work at a law firm and need to review a number of vrge files. Are vrge file individual email files or are they the equivalent of a pst file which is a collection of emails, calendar, contacts, etc? We don't use Macs so we need the ability to view on a PC if possible. If that is NOT possible we can borrow a Mac. What is the best way to be able to view these vrge files on any platform? Thanks, Tom On 2/12/10 8:35 AM, in article FF3C8F86-C268-4129-96D3-693FD6F511CB@microsoft.com, "SoxFaninVA" <tjubb@hot.mail.spam.com> wrote: > I work at a law f...

Can I import a windows explorer list of files into an Excel sprea.
I was wondering if it is possible to import the list of files within a particular folder that one sees when using Windows Explorer, into an Excel spreadsheet? I am using WinXP and Office2003. modify to suit Sub GetFileList() Dim iCtr As Integer With Application.FileSearch .NewSearch .LookIn = "c:\aa" .SearchSubFolders = True .Filename = ".xls" If .Execute > 0 Then For iCtr = 1 To .FoundFiles.Count Cells(iCtr, 1).Value = .FoundFiles(iCtr) Next iCtr End If End With End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281....

Problem converting from Quicken to M2005

OL 2002 and Exchange Server
We have Exchange 2000 Server, and I just got a new system with XP Pro and Outlook 2002. I have several "personal' Email accounts defined as POP/SMTP entries, but the Exchange entry is the Default. When I try to Reply to a message received in one of my personal accounts, I get a "550 authentication required" error. I usually get the same result when I try Forwarding a message to an outside address. However, if I open a new message and send to that same outside address, it goes fine. One other note - when I try the Test Account Settings button in the Internet E-mail...