Converting a file Money 2001 --> Money 2005 Help!!

Hi,

I've downloaded the trial for Money 2005 Deluxe. I was previously using
Money 2001 (standard). I get an error

---------------------------
Microsoft Money
---------------------------
Money cannot open this file because it was created by an incompatible
version.
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------

I've tried renaming the file and opening as someone suggested on the group
somewhere which I couldn't get to work. So I downloaded the 2004 trial and
converted it to 2004 which worked ok.

I then tried to upgrade my new 2004 file to 2005 which failed again.

I've got 6 years of accounts and really don't want to lose them but would
also like to upgrade. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Rich

0
tspam (5)
10/30/2004 3:19:53 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

This message means you are trying to change geographical regions when
upgrading. You MUST stay within region. e.g. UK > UK or US > US is OK but UK

Also see http://umpmfaq.info/faq.html#Q1

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

For UK tips & fixes see
For wishes or suggestions see
or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback

"Rich" <djspira-don'tspam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I've downloaded the trial for Money 2005 Deluxe. I was previously using
> Money 2001 (standard). I get an error
>
> ---------------------------
> Microsoft Money
> ---------------------------
> Money cannot open this file because it was created by an incompatible
> version.
> ---------------------------
> OK
> ---------------------------
>
> I've tried renaming the file and opening as someone suggested on the group
> somewhere which I couldn't get to work. So I downloaded the 2004 trial and
> converted it to 2004 which worked ok.
>
> I then tried to upgrade my new 2004 file to 2005 which failed again.
>
> I've got 6 years of accounts and really don't want to lose them but would
> also like to upgrade. Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks
>
> Rich

0
Bob_Peel9435 (194)
10/30/2004 3:27:43 PM
Thanks Bob,

That worked. I must have downloaded the wrong version - Doh!

Thank you

Rich

"Bob Peel, MVP" <Bob_Peel@NO_SPAMkiandra.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> This message means you are trying to change geographical regions when
> upgrading. You MUST stay within region. e.g. UK > UK or US > US is OK but
> UK
> > US is not.
>
> Also see http://umpmfaq.info/faq.html#Q1
>
> --
> Regards
> Bob Peel,
> Microsoft MVP - Money
>
> For UK tips & fixes see
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny.
> For wishes or suggestions see
> http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp
> or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback
>
> I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for.
>

> "Rich" <djspira-don'tspam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've downloaded the trial for Money 2005 Deluxe. I was previously using
>> Money 2001 (standard). I get an error
>>
>> ---------------------------
>> Microsoft Money
>> ---------------------------
>> Money cannot open this file because it was created by an incompatible
>> version.
>> ---------------------------
>> OK
>> ---------------------------
>>
>> I've tried renaming the file and opening as someone suggested on the
>> group somewhere which I couldn't get to work. So I downloaded the 2004
>> trial and converted it to 2004 which worked ok.
>>
>> I then tried to upgrade my new 2004 file to 2005 which failed again.
>>
>> I've got 6 years of accounts and really don't want to lose them but would
>> also like to upgrade. Can anyone help?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Rich

0
tspam (5)
10/30/2004 3:46:31 PM
Glad you got there!

--

> Thanks Bob,
>
> That worked. I must have downloaded the wrong version - Doh!
>
> Thank you
>
> Rich
>
> "Bob Peel, MVP" <Bob_Peel@NO_SPAMkiandra.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
>> This message means you are trying to change geographical regions when
>> upgrading. You MUST stay within region. e.g. UK > UK or US > US is OK but
>> UK
>> > US is not.
>>
>> Also see http://umpmfaq.info/faq.html#Q1
>>
>> --
>> Regards
>> Bob Peel,
>> Microsoft MVP - Money
>>
>> For UK tips & fixes see
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny.
>> For wishes or suggestions see
>> http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp
>> or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback
>>
>> I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for.
>>

>> "Rich" <djspira-don'tspam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I've downloaded the trial for Money 2005 Deluxe. I was previously using
>>> Money 2001 (standard). I get an error
>>>
>>> ---------------------------
>>> Microsoft Money
>>> ---------------------------
>>> Money cannot open this file because it was created by an incompatible
>>> version.
>>> ---------------------------
>>> OK
>>> ---------------------------
>>>
>>> I've tried renaming the file and opening as someone suggested on the
>>> group somewhere which I couldn't get to work. So I downloaded the 2004
>>> trial and converted it to 2004 which worked ok.
>>>
>>> I then tried to upgrade my new 2004 file to 2005 which failed again.
>>>
>>> I've got 6 years of accounts and really don't want to lose them but
>>> would also like to upgrade. Can anyone help?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Rich

0
Bob_Peel9435 (194)

Stack Charts? ? ? Please help
I am trying to produce a stack chart with a difference ! I Have got a list of depots which i want to analyse and four columns containing data (bit like below). Basically i want two stack "bars" for each depot. Depot, Days Outstanding, Turnaround Time, Ttl Tickets Opened, Cust - Planner 1-231 3 1 3 1 1-922 2 1 2 1 I want days outstanding and turnaround time in one stack and then the second stack will be the remaining two columns side by side. Is this possible ? ? ? Or should i add this to the list of questions for Bill? -- twiggy ---------------...

Money #42
Microsoft Money version 12 has recently stopped allowing me to access the cash flow review, saying I should create at least one current or savings account, etc. I have all the accounts I had when this Cash Flow Review last worked. I have tried reinstalling Money and restoring my back-up but the same thing happens. I am running Vista. Can anybody help. Have you tried any of the File | Repair methods? "Davidpriest18" <Davidpriest18@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31578CAB-0157-4985-80A1-922FE7742ED3@microsoft.com... > Microsoft Money version 12 has ...

Money 2005 won't restore back up file.
I run XP and have recently had to reload Money 2005 Premium and then tried to restore my back up file with no success. The back up file was created with the updated (by Microsoft) 2005 programme hence the the reloaded original Money 2005 programme will not restore the back up file and the usual error message appears. I am unable to update my original Money 2005 programme as Microsoft have stopped supporting this version as of last January according to their website. Is there a way round this problem or is there an updated version of Money 2005 Premium available out there for sale? Fai...

Sudden Log File Growth
Hi, we had an issue today where our 20GB log disk was almost full in about 2 hours. Normally we use about 2GB/day on our log disk, and then it's cleared after our nightly full backup. I looked at the log disk and there were about 45x5MB log files from 9am to 10:05am, then at 10:05am there were about 21x5MB log files per minute until we were alerted when the disk was down to less than 5GB of space at around lunchtime. I took the exchange cluster resources offline with about 700MB of space left and expanded the log disk for exchange on the SAN from 20GB to 50GB. We have an anti sp...

How do I convert a .jpg to .ico
I would like to create an icon file using my logo. How can I convert a .gif or .jpg to a .ico? Download www.irfanview.com with the plug-ins. A free program that will convert your images to a .ico format. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Dolceria" <Dolceria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EECD22FE-0779-406E-8547-1A1E0CD10802@microsoft.com... >I would like to create an icon file using my logo. How can I convert a .gif > or .jpg to a .ico? The freeware IrfanView can save as a...

Extremely slow file
I've been doing some ad-hoc analysis at work today and as a quick fix (and because I don't have the Access query skills) I ended up with 2 sheets: Sheet 1 - Contains 21,000 rows of data, 10 columns with the first column being a concatenation of 4 cells from each row Sheets 2 - Contains 10,000 rows with 7 VLOOKUPs in each row, but each vlookup is like the following: =VLOOKUP(A1&$B$1&$C$1&D1,data_range,9,false) Where the data_range is all 21,000 rows x 10 columnsrange in sheet2 Anyway, the file is simply too unwieldy to use. It takes an age to calculate the cells, apply ...

Outlook 2k pst files
In which directory should oulook.pst file be? I am getting an error at start-up that my .pst file cannot be found. Do I want to create a new one or open an existing one? I answer the latter and the program goes to my documents folder to get the .pst file. This must be the wrong location for it to ask this question every time I start up. Any help would be appreciated on where to put this file. Thanks, Ellen Go to Start | Find | Files or Folders and do a search for *.PST. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://home.h...

Convert from 2010 to 2007
Is there a way to use a database created with Access 2010 in 2007? I keep getting the "unrecognized format" error... Ivan Have you looked into the "save as" feature? I believe you can save an Access 2010 db "back" to Access 2007? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein does not constitute endorsement thereof. Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offered "as is", with no ...

No file locking in office 2004 with local user

Deleted File Drop down Menu from Menu Bar

i need help
i signed into windows live again. i used to have this email several months ago without a problem and one day i tried to log in and it kept telling me i had the wrong password i tried to reset it with out any luck. what can i do to log back into POP3 again? Live.com Settings: Server names and ports: POP3 = pop3.live.com Port = 995 SMTP = smtp.live.com Port = 587 Checkboxes you need to check include: Server Tab: "My server requires authentication" (Click "Settings" button also and fill in "Log on Using" email address - *** bu...

multiple worksheet formula help
I have a 7 page workbook. Page 1 is the "master" sheet containing formulated data from the other 6 sheets in the workbook. Each of the 6 other sheets are set-up with the exact same rows and columns - they are simply assigned to a different sales representative. I have the representatives "complete" a ROW on their sheet and "copy/paste" that row to the "master" sheet which then formulates the data via "sumproduct" formulas into charts. My problem is that I have 6 representatives who can't even copy/paste without making errors! Wha...

Money Essentials #6
How do i restore a money 2003 file into money essentials? -- faf In microsoft.public.money, faf wrote: >How do i restore a money 2003 file into money essentials? It cannot be done. See "*" note on http://www.microsoft.com/money/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=002&active_tab=Compare You don't. Money Essentials knows nothing about real Money files. Trade in Money Essentials For Deluxe. "faf" <faf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA1E0E88-8B95-407F-8704-3B1EF4F08692@microsoft.com... > How do i restore a money 2003 file into money essential...

Can you link cells between different files?
Are you able to link a cell and formula to a different cell in a differnt file? Yes "David C. Glasgo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0a4701c39a2f$7f0302b0$a401280a@phx.gbl... : Are you able to link a cell and formula to a different : cell in a differnt file? On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 06:05:28 -0700, "David C. Glasgo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in microsoft.public.excel.misc: >Are you able to link a cell and formula to a different >cell in a differnt file? Try: ='[other workbook.xls]someSheet'!A1 ...

Microsoft Money 2004 Standard Canadian Edition Investment Transactions
I am using the above software. I have set up a CAD$ investment account. I go to enter a US$ SELL transaction, of a US security in this account. I right click on the enter field, and enter the currency conversion factors, then click OK, Money needs to increase the amount in Canadian Dollars. On a sell transaction it should adjust the commission to handle the exchange differences. Problem is, on a SELL transaction, the net proceeds are larger in CAD$ than in US$ dollars. Hence the commission field is negative. Money generates an error reading "Based on the details of this tran...

Works Suite 2002 -Money upgrade
Can I upgrade to Money 2004 only -even though I currently have Works Suite 2002 running? Or do I need to uninstall Works Suite 2002 and then install Works Suite 2004 (which includes Money)? Thanks. Not completely sure, but I reckon you could just install Money 2004. If you've not yet purchased it, then you could try the trial version and see whether you can. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish...

File is saved on opening #2
No, I deleted all macro's and there's nothing in ThisWorkbook or Sheet1 -- Roadi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Roadie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=593 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27563 If you open excel in Safe mode, does it still happen? Close excel windows start button|Run excel /safe Then File|open your file. Roadie wrote: > > No, I deleted all macro's and there's nothing in ThisWorkbook or Sheet1. > > -- > Roadie > -...

converting replicas
I've created an application that can mass-convert mdb files to 2003 format. I've put in error traps for password protected files and 2003 files (the ConvertAccessProject seems to gag on those) but I'd like a way to programmatically detect replica files so we can bypass and manually convert them. Any ideas? Thanks..... ...

AVI files that have no sound
When I play avi files I get a picture but no sound. I don't have this problem with any other format. What do I do? On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 08:14:01 -0800, Michelle <Michelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I play avi files I get a picture but no sound. I don't have this problem >with any other format. What do I do? AVI can contain video created usnig a wide selection of video and audio codecs, and you need a matching decoder for playback in media player. Obviously it can't include every codec ever made, but it can be extended with most of them. ...

Handling very large files (too many rows)
I'm trying to analyse a set of data. However, the data is a CSV fil with almost 1.5 million rows, which somewhat excedes the 65 thousand o so that excel can handle. However, excel is what I'm used to. If ther any convenient way to import so much data? Alternately, can anyon recomend a different means to observe and process that amount of data -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I really think that is way too much for Excel, even if you break it into bits. What you should use depends on how you want to analyse the data. Access can handle that quantity of data. Maybe, if...

how to track changes from excel file?
saved an excel file multiple times only to learn errors later, can I view earlier versions before each saved file? did not put on the track changes Only if you saved earlier versions under different names (or same name, but a different folder). angie wrote: > > saved an excel file multiple times only to learn errors later, can I view > earlier versions before each saved file? did not put on the track changes -- Dave Peterson ...

Importing HHT Text files
We used to use Quicksell 2000 and a Unitech hand-held scanner in order to input new inventory into the system. The unitech scanner would upload a comma-delimited text file, and then we'd import this text file into QS2000. I can't find a way to do this in RMS-Store Operations.. From what I can see, the only time I can import the unitech's text file is when doing a "Physical Inventory". Unfortunately.. the Physical Inventory form doesn't allow you to ADD counts to current "on-hand" amounts. (Ex., if you have 6 chocolate bars in your inventory.. and you ...

How speed up the automatic repair of outlook pst file
hello, i wonder if there is a way i can speed up the automatic repair of pst mailbox of outlook when program closing. not sure why, but some users frequently got their outlook pst repair up and their boxes are big at about few giga, so it spends mostly a few hours to complete. your suggestion is highly appreciated. thanks, dove no, it all depends how much there is to repair. It's better to figure out what is preventing outlook from closing properly - then there will be nothing to repair. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/...

How do I convert Organizer 6.0 file to text file for import to Outlook
Many people have said to just export an organizer file as a text file, then import to Outlook. I can't even get past that step. I am using Organizer 6.0 and Outlook 2002. When I open Organizer and go to Export, there is not even a file available to export. The only file I am aware of is an .OR6 file, but that is not one of the options on the export function. Any help? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

How to create a registry modification install file
I have seen some .reg files, which are not a complete registry (like a backup), but they just make certain edits and patches when clicked. How can I make such a file? What I am doing: I have just finished making many edits to install a new icon setup for files, folders, etc. - now I want to save my work in a form that can be used to install the same changes on another operating system - such as when I get a new one, or if I ever have to reinstall OS. Ideally, this would work for anyone's computer, not just my own. ie: way to work around user folder name in icon paths. I know...