Converting a file Money 2001 --> Money 2005 Help!!

Hi,

I've downloaded the trial for Money 2005 Deluxe. I was previously using
Money 2001 (standard). I get an error

---------------------------
Microsoft Money
---------------------------
Money cannot open this file because it was created by an incompatible
version.
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------

I've tried renaming the file and opening as someone suggested on the group
somewhere which I couldn't get to work. So I downloaded the 2004 trial and
converted it to 2004 which worked ok.

I then tried to upgrade my new 2004 file to 2005 which failed again.

I've got 6 years of accounts and really don't want to lose them but would
also like to upgrade. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Rich

0
tspam (5)
10/30/2004 3:19:53 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

This message means you are trying to change geographical regions when
upgrading. You MUST stay within region. e.g. UK > UK or US > US is OK but UK

Also see http://umpmfaq.info/faq.html#Q1

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

For UK tips & fixes see
For wishes or suggestions see
or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback

"Rich" <djspira-don'tspam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I've downloaded the trial for Money 2005 Deluxe. I was previously using
> Money 2001 (standard). I get an error
>
> ---------------------------
> Microsoft Money
> ---------------------------
> Money cannot open this file because it was created by an incompatible
> version.
> ---------------------------
> OK
> ---------------------------
>
> I've tried renaming the file and opening as someone suggested on the group
> somewhere which I couldn't get to work. So I downloaded the 2004 trial and
> converted it to 2004 which worked ok.
>
> I then tried to upgrade my new 2004 file to 2005 which failed again.
>
> I've got 6 years of accounts and really don't want to lose them but would
> also like to upgrade. Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks
>
> Rich

0
Bob_Peel9435 (194)
10/30/2004 3:27:43 PM
Thanks Bob,

That worked. I must have downloaded the wrong version - Doh!

Thank you

Rich

"Bob Peel, MVP" <Bob_Peel@NO_SPAMkiandra.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> This message means you are trying to change geographical regions when
> upgrading. You MUST stay within region. e.g. UK > UK or US > US is OK but
> UK
> > US is not.
>
> Also see http://umpmfaq.info/faq.html#Q1
>
> --
> Regards
> Bob Peel,
> Microsoft MVP - Money
>
> For UK tips & fixes see
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny.
> For wishes or suggestions see
> http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp
> or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback
>
> I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for.
>

> "Rich" <djspira-don'tspam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've downloaded the trial for Money 2005 Deluxe. I was previously using
>> Money 2001 (standard). I get an error
>>
>> ---------------------------
>> Microsoft Money
>> ---------------------------
>> Money cannot open this file because it was created by an incompatible
>> version.
>> ---------------------------
>> OK
>> ---------------------------
>>
>> I've tried renaming the file and opening as someone suggested on the
>> group somewhere which I couldn't get to work. So I downloaded the 2004
>> trial and converted it to 2004 which worked ok.
>>
>> I then tried to upgrade my new 2004 file to 2005 which failed again.
>>
>> I've got 6 years of accounts and really don't want to lose them but would
>> also like to upgrade. Can anyone help?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Rich

0
tspam (5)
10/30/2004 3:46:31 PM
Glad you got there!

--

> Thanks Bob,
>
> That worked. I must have downloaded the wrong version - Doh!
>
> Thank you
>
> Rich
>
> "Bob Peel, MVP" <Bob_Peel@NO_SPAMkiandra.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
>> This message means you are trying to change geographical regions when
>> upgrading. You MUST stay within region. e.g. UK > UK or US > US is OK but
>> UK
>> > US is not.
>>
>> Also see http://umpmfaq.info/faq.html#Q1
>>
>> --
>> Regards
>> Bob Peel,
>> Microsoft MVP - Money
>>
>> For UK tips & fixes see
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny.
>> For wishes or suggestions see
>> http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp
>> or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback
>>
>> I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for.
>>

>> "Rich" <djspira-don'tspam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I've downloaded the trial for Money 2005 Deluxe. I was previously using
>>> Money 2001 (standard). I get an error
>>>
>>> ---------------------------
>>> Microsoft Money
>>> ---------------------------
>>> Money cannot open this file because it was created by an incompatible
>>> version.
>>> ---------------------------
>>> OK
>>> ---------------------------
>>>
>>> I've tried renaming the file and opening as someone suggested on the
>>> group somewhere which I couldn't get to work. So I downloaded the 2004
>>> trial and converted it to 2004 which worked ok.
>>>
>>> I then tried to upgrade my new 2004 file to 2005 which failed again.
>>>
>>> I've got 6 years of accounts and really don't want to lose them but
>>> would also like to upgrade. Can anyone help?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Rich

0
Bob_Peel9435 (194)

Error in Excel 03: "Cannot cut part of a publisher." Help
I keep getting the following error message when I cut and try to paste anything in an Excel 2003 Spreadsheet- "Cannot cut part of a publisher." What is this message and what do I need to do to cut and paste in this document. ...

Reading Publisher file after burning to CD
After a Publisher file is burned to a CD, error message says Publisher cannot find that file. ...

How to Convert UTC to localTIme(C# )

Convert text to time value

how to convert date

Pocket Excel files (.pxl) do not open in Excel 2003 on XP desktop
I just tried to open a Pocket Excel file on my Windows XP desktop and the file could not be opened. Has anyone had any luck opening Pocket excel files on a desktop PC without converting them? Pocket Excel I believe is the .pxl format that the Handheld PC and the PocketPC use. I may want to password protect files and send them to a party that does not have a PocketPC. Can this be done, or do I need to convert the files to MS excel and password protect a seperate .zip file using resco File explorer? I cannot send any files to this party that are not password protected for the risk is to...

CHm file format
Hello, I have seen your's reference on code project. I am new to CHM format and i need to create a CHM viewer. I have some queries regarding the same a) what is binary TOC and binary index ( I have been able to parse the HHc and HHk fie). How i should parse the same b) What are merged files. How i can read them c) How how CHI, CHw and CHQ files can be created. How reading of these files will be different form the reading CHM file. Please help me out by answering my queries. Thanks, Ritu ...

How do I bring up a file that I saved as an Excel file?
I am taking classes and have to do work on Excel and was wondering why when I save them I can't retrieve them? I can see the file names but am not able to retrieve them I am inexperienced on Office. Hi open excel, choose file & open, locate your files, click on the one you want to open and press the Open button. however, if the files that you want to open are on a floppy disk then it is a VERY good idea to copy them onto your hard drive before opening them. This is best achieved using windows explorer. to do this: right mouse click on the start button choose explore ensure the flo...

help #12
i cannot access my emails ...

Excel: Auto converting text to numbers

Convert Access97 to 2000

match rows from spreadsheets-Please help.
how do i match rows from different spreadsheets to a directory: Directory ZIP No. 80001 1 80002 2 80003 3 80004 4 80005 5 80006 6 80007 7 Sheet 1: ZIP POP 80001 134 80003 9890 80006 9489 80009 883 =>: Directory ZIP No. POP 80001 1 134 80002 2 80003 3 9890 80004 4 80005 5 80006 6 9489 80007 7 Use VLOOKUP If you tell us where each block of data resides, I will give a more detailed answer. -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme r...

Attach file vs insert file
I have a user who is trying to attach a file to an email (Exchange 2003 SP2, Outlook 2003) using the paperclip icon. Instead of attaching to the email (adding an Attach: line under the Subject line) Outlook is inserting the file into the body of the email. Any suggestions? TOP wrote: > I have a user who is trying to attach a file to an email (Exchange 2003 SP2, > Outlook 2003) using the paperclip icon. Instead of attaching to the email > (adding an Attach: line under the Subject line) Outlook is inserting the > file into the body of the email. > > Any suggestions?...

Need urgent help with target figures
I hope you can help me with the following task below. I am struggling with the second part of the question but i will be happy for assistance on both. A quick reposnse will be appreciated !! Thank you. Question Your manager wants to know which areas are currently achieving the target and what the year end position may be, given there is only one month of the year left. Information Provided Area A B C D E Current month (February) 5 8 30 21 22 Year to date (Apr-Feb) 2007/08 95 95 401 238 187 Year to date (Apr-Feb) 2006/07 91 120 429 264 20...

Excel file save macro.
I need help with a macro. I want to be able to save a file as a listed name, that is referenced in a cell, in a directory that is listed in a different cell. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Post your efforts. Homework? "darrenlshipley" <darrenlshipley.vecxb@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:darrenlshipley.vecxb@excelforum-nospam.com... > I need help with a macro. I want to be able to save a file as a listed > name, tha...

CRM1.2 on SQL 2005
Does CRM 1.2 support SQL Server 2005 standard edition? I am trying to install and get the following error: I'm trying to install Microsoft CRM server 1.2 on Server2003 with SQL 2005 and get following installation error during install: "Setup was unable ot install Microsoft CRM Server. Setup was unable to create the Microsoft CRM databases. Failed to run script:00 - create mscrm.sql. HRESULT:80040E14. Unknown error. (80040E14)." Thanks Chris "Chris" <chrisd1972@gmail.com> wrote in news:1153695510.955617.243440 @p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com: > Does CRM 1....

Cannot double click an excel file and open it.
Hi When I double click an excel file, the excel application opens with a grey screen. If I drag the file onto the grey screen it opens fine. If I double click an excel attachement the excel screen opens grey and I get a message box saying The system cannot find the file specified. If I drag an excel file into the outlook inbox and then double click on it, it launches as it would normaly. I have un associated and re associated the file with Excel. I have checked the selections under the window menu in Excel, but unhide is greyed out, indicating that excel has opened, but not loaded the fil...

Files Publisher cannot open.
After creating files in Publisher 2003, most will not open. I get the message"Publisher cannot open this file". ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=cbbcbdd8-ef0a-412a-9a74-65ca4bb16...

Add help text to a form field?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I'd like to give people instructions about how to fill in form fields in the form itself. I tried &quot;adding help text,&quot; but nothing shows up in the form field. Is what I am trying to do possible, and, if so, what am I doing wrong? What you're using appears in the Status Bar when the field is accessed. Unless people know to look there it does practically no good. IMHO it's more effective to include instructional text as default content for the field or provide explicit labeling in an adjacent table c...

Convert 2000 Calendar to web page

XML Note convert to DataSet

Problem converting from Quicken to M2005

Can I import a windows explorer list of files into an Excel sprea.
I was wondering if it is possible to import the list of files within a particular folder that one sees when using Windows Explorer, into an Excel spreadsheet? I am using WinXP and Office2003. modify to suit Sub GetFileList() Dim iCtr As Integer With Application.FileSearch .NewSearch .LookIn = "c:\aa" .SearchSubFolders = True .Filename = ".xls" If .Execute > 0 Then For iCtr = 1 To .FoundFiles.Count Cells(iCtr, 1).Value = .FoundFiles(iCtr) Next iCtr End If End With End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281....