Convert UK Money 2002 file to US Money 2004

A lightning strike forced us to buy a UK computer while we
lived in England a few years ago. I don't recall having
any problem getting the UK version of Money 2002 to open
my US Money file. Back in the US now; I've just bought a
new computer and loaded Money 2004... Money 2004 will not
open my file, nor will it open or restore the backup. I
uninstalled 2004 and wanted to install the UK 2002 from
the restore disk for my old computer. Couldn't find it
(Money 2002) anywhere on the restore CD. I now have ten
M10 files, two Money files and two Backups. I can't open
any of them.
0
anonymous (74717)
5/15/2004 6:47:29 AM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

You will need a copy of Money UK to get the data QIF exported, one account
at a time. Then you will need to import them all into a new Money US data
file. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=1. QIF export/import has many
limitations including Loan accounts don't export and scheduled transactions
and Payee data (addresses, account numbers, etc.) don't export.

The M10 files are Money02 files left over from a version upgrade attempt.
They probably don't matter anymore. It's the Money files that are the issue.

"J" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> A lightning strike forced us to buy a UK computer while we
> lived in England a few years ago. I don't recall having
> any problem getting the UK version of Money 2002 to open
> my US Money file. Back in the US now; I've just bought a
> new computer and loaded Money 2004... Money 2004 will not
> open my file, nor will it open or restore the backup. I
> uninstalled 2004 and wanted to install the UK 2002 from
> the restore disk for my old computer. Couldn't find it
> (Money 2002) anywhere on the restore CD. I now have ten
> M10 files, two Money files and two Backups. I can't open
> any of them.

thank you! thank you! thank you! I downloaded the trial
version of UK Money 2004, followed the instructions at
http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=1, then installed US Money
2004 and imported the QIF file. It worked! I'm up and
running with the good old American version again! Did I
say thank you? thank you!

0
anonymous (74717)
5/15/2004 6:14:20 PM
Glad I could help. Thanks for the feedback.

> thank you! thank you! thank you! I downloaded the trial
> version of UK Money 2004, followed the instructions at
> http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=1, then installed US Money
> 2004 and imported the QIF file. It worked! I'm up and
> running with the good old American version again! Did I
> say thank you? thank you!

How to Convert UTC to localTIme(C# )

Reading Publisher file after burning to CD
After a Publisher file is burned to a CD, error message says Publisher cannot find that file. ...

Can't get money 2002 to open money 98 backup file.
I keep getting an message saying either it isn't a money file or the file is corrupted. I did this over and over on diff. floppies. Still the same. It is on our biz laptop we backup money 98 to a floppy, then to our pc in the office we try to restore and no go. Any clues? Pretty much tried everything possible here. Thanx Ben In microsoft.public.money, Ben wrote: >I keep getting an message saying either it isn't a money >file or the file is corrupted. I did this over and over on >diff. floppies. Still the same. It is on our biz laptop we >backup money 98 to a flo...

Latest version of Money Deluxe 2006
How do I determine if I have the most recent revision of 2006 Deluxe? I've done searches online but don't see a current version number listed anywhere. Thanks! AFAIK there have been no updates to M2006. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "Michael F." <MichaelF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CEF63C8E-9D71-4E10-9776-897531351A35@microsoft.com... > How do I determine if I hav...

Convert text to time value

how to convert date

CHm file format
Hello, I have seen your's reference on code project. I am new to CHM format and i need to create a CHM viewer. I have some queries regarding the same a) what is binary TOC and binary index ( I have been able to parse the HHc and HHk fie). How i should parse the same b) What are merged files. How i can read them c) How how CHI, CHw and CHQ files can be created. How reading of these files will be different form the reading CHM file. Please help me out by answering my queries. Thanks, Ritu ...

Pocket Excel files (.pxl) do not open in Excel 2003 on XP desktop
I just tried to open a Pocket Excel file on my Windows XP desktop and the file could not be opened. Has anyone had any luck opening Pocket excel files on a desktop PC without converting them? Pocket Excel I believe is the .pxl format that the Handheld PC and the PocketPC use. I may want to password protect files and send them to a party that does not have a PocketPC. Can this be done, or do I need to convert the files to MS excel and password protect a seperate .zip file using resco File explorer? I cannot send any files to this party that are not password protected for the risk is to...

MS Money 2007 Deluxe vs Money Plus?
Is their any reason to upgrade? I downloaded the Demo of Plus but it looks just like 2007. I see no reason to drop $30 bucks. I wish they'd get a feature where I can enter a transaction on the money website and then sync when I get home. I like to enter stuff into my account register just as quickly as I can. One extra year before it turns into a pumpkin. The feature you are looking for was there and was removed. Not clear why it was removed--perhaps not enough people used it? Lots of users did find the very presence of the feature a reason to stay awake at night worrying that Bill...

How do I bring up a file that I saved as an Excel file?
I am taking classes and have to do work on Excel and was wondering why when I save them I can't retrieve them? I can see the file names but am not able to retrieve them I am inexperienced on Office. Hi open excel, choose file & open, locate your files, click on the one you want to open and press the Open button. however, if the files that you want to open are on a floppy disk then it is a VERY good idea to copy them onto your hard drive before opening them. This is best achieved using windows explorer. to do this: right mouse click on the start button choose explore ensure the flo...

Excel: Auto converting text to numbers

Convert Access97 to 2000

Attach file vs insert file
I have a user who is trying to attach a file to an email (Exchange 2003 SP2, Outlook 2003) using the paperclip icon. Instead of attaching to the email (adding an Attach: line under the Subject line) Outlook is inserting the file into the body of the email. Any suggestions? TOP wrote: > I have a user who is trying to attach a file to an email (Exchange 2003 SP2, > Outlook 2003) using the paperclip icon. Instead of attaching to the email > (adding an Attach: line under the Subject line) Outlook is inserting the > file into the body of the email. > > Any suggestions?...

MONEY 2004 #52
I HAVE 2 ACCTS FOR ABOVE.I CAN DO ALL THE NECESSARY ENTRIES,ETC.BUT I CAN'T DO THE SAME ON THE SECOND ACCT.FOR SOME REASON,WHEN I START THE SECOND ACCT AND MAKE ALL THE ENTRIES I CAN NOT SAVE THEM,ONLY THE FIRST SHOWS UP.I HAVE SEPERATE NAMES FORT THE 2 ACCTS.WHY CAN'T I SEE THE ENTRIES FOR THE SECOND ACCT.TELL ME WHAT I'M MISSING OR DOING WRONG. THANKS. ...

Files Publisher cannot open.
After creating files in Publisher 2003, most will not open. I get the message"Publisher cannot open this file". ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=cbbcbdd8-ef0a-412a-9a74-65ca4bb16...

Convert 2000 Calendar to web page

Huge Office X Database, Small Office 2004 Database
I am running OS 10.3.9 on a newer PB. Prior to last week, I had been using Office X. Due to a problem with the max file size of Entourage, I switched to Office 2004. I've been using Office 2004 (heavily) for about a week. Today I looked in the MS User Data folder for Office 2004 and was shocked to see that the Database file was only 18MB in size and has a last modified date that corrisponds to the date I installed 2004. My Office X Database file is at 2.27GB and has a modification date of today. I'd like to uninstall Office X, but am afraid that I'll also loose all my data. Can ...

XML Note convert to DataSet

Convert

How to access vrge file
I work at a law firm and need to review a number of vrge files. Are vrge file individual email files or are they the equivalent of a pst file which is a collection of emails, calendar, contacts, etc? We don't use Macs so we need the ability to view on a PC if possible. If that is NOT possible we can borrow a Mac. What is the best way to be able to view these vrge files on any platform? Thanks, Tom On 2/12/10 8:35 AM, in article FF3C8F86-C268-4129-96D3-693FD6F511CB@microsoft.com, "SoxFaninVA" <tjubb@hot.mail.spam.com> wrote: > I work at a law f...

Can I import a windows explorer list of files into an Excel sprea.
I was wondering if it is possible to import the list of files within a particular folder that one sees when using Windows Explorer, into an Excel spreadsheet? I am using WinXP and Office2003. modify to suit Sub GetFileList() Dim iCtr As Integer With Application.FileSearch .NewSearch .LookIn = "c:\aa" .SearchSubFolders = True .Filename = ".xls" If .Execute > 0 Then For iCtr = 1 To .FoundFiles.Count Cells(iCtr, 1).Value = .FoundFiles(iCtr) Next iCtr End If End With End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281....

Problem converting from Quicken to M2005

OL 2002 and Exchange Server
We have Exchange 2000 Server, and I just got a new system with XP Pro and Outlook 2002. I have several "personal' Email accounts defined as POP/SMTP entries, but the Exchange entry is the Default. When I try to Reply to a message received in one of my personal accounts, I get a "550 authentication required" error. I usually get the same result when I try Forwarding a message to an outside address. However, if I open a new message and send to that same outside address, it goes fine. One other note - when I try the Test Account Settings button in the Internet E-mail...