Convert from MONEY 2006 to Quicken 2005

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0028_01CADFE7.019EBC60
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I want to convert my MONEY 2006 data to Quicken 2005. I do not want to =
convert to Money 2008 and then to Quicken 2010.

 I have downloaded the Data Converter and have generated the MONEY =
reports per the instructions.  However when I try and run the Data =
Converter I get the message

  The data converter has found an open Quicken data file. Close Quicken =
and try. again.

I checked and the  TEMPLATE files are not read-only.  I have reinstalled =
Quicken 2005 and the Data Converter and keep getting the same message.  =
Any advice would be appreciated.
------=_NextPart_000_0028_01CADFE7.019EBC60
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Diso-8859-1 =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.7600.16535"></HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-TOP: =
15px"=20
id=3DMailContainerBody leftMargin=3D0 topMargin=3D0 =
CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>I want to convert my MONEY 2006 data to =
Quicken=20
2005.&nbsp;I do not want to convert to Money 2008 and then to Quicken=20
2010.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>&nbsp;I have downloaded the Data =
Converter and have=20
generated the MONEY reports per the instructions.&nbsp; However when I =
try and=20
run the Data Converter I get the message</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px" dir=3Dltr>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>The data converter has found an open =
Quicken data=20
  file. Close Quicken and try. again.</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE>
<DIV><EM><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT></EM>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>I checked and the&nbsp; TEMPLATE files =
are not=20
read-only.&nbsp; I have reinstalled Quicken 2005 and the Data Converter =
and keep=20
getting the same message.&nbsp; Any advice would be=20
appreciated.</FONT></DIV></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0028_01CADFE7.019EBC60--

0
duhmel
4/20/2010 12:37:39 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

5 Replies
847 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 5

On Apr 19, 8:37=A0pm, "duhmel" <m...@cox.net> wrote:
> I want to convert my MONEY 2006 data to Quicken 2005. I do not want to co=
nvert to Money 2008 and then to Quicken 2010.
>
> =A0I have downloaded the Data Converter and have generated the MONEY repo=
rts per the instructions. =A0However when I try and run the Data Converter =
I get the message
>
> =A0 The data converter has found an open Quicken data file. Close Quicken=
 and try. again.
>
> I checked and the =A0TEMPLATE files are not read-only. =A0I have reinstal=
led Quicken 2005 and the Data Converter and keep getting the same message. =
=A0Any advice would be appreciated.

My advice to you would be to realize that the Data Converter for
Quicken 2005 is not able to convert Money 2006 data because when the
converter was created by Quicken in 2005 they did not know the code
for Money 2006 since Money 2006 had not been writen yet. It amazes me
that you want to make a difficult conversion even more difficult. Why
WOULDN"T you simply upgrade to Money Plus (ie)2008 and then use the
new PROVEN Quicken converter to bring your Money data into Quicken
2010. And please, don't tell me that you like Quicken 2005 better than
Quicken 2010. Things just don't work the way you want them to. Be
flexible and good luck to you. Steve
0
Steve
4/20/2010 1:20:43 AM
Thanks for your philosophy but it does not address my question.  The Data 
Converter program does not even start so it matters not which Quicken 
version I plan to use.  The error message says that Quicken is open but it 
is not.  If you have an answer to my question, I would appreciate a 
response.

"Steve" <sjcohen730@aol.com> wrote in message 
news:8b6cf6bc-d552-467c-8794-2b61479874fb@s7g2000vbk.googlegroups.com...
> On Apr 19, 8:37 pm, "duhmel" <m...@cox.net> wrote:
>> I want to convert my MONEY 2006 data to Quicken 2005. I do not want to 
>> convert to Money 2008 and then to Quicken 2010.
>>
>>  I have downloaded the Data Converter and have generated the MONEY 
>> reports per the instructions.  However when I try and run the Data 
>> Converter I get the message
>>
>>   The data converter has found an open Quicken data file. Close Quicken 
>> and try. again.
>>
>> I checked and the  TEMPLATE files are not read-only.  I have reinstalled 
>> Quicken 2005 and the Data Converter and keep getting the same message. 
>> Any advice would be appreciated.
>
> My advice to you would be to realize that the Data Converter for
> Quicken 2005 is not able to convert Money 2006 data because when the
> converter was created by Quicken in 2005 they did not know the code
> for Money 2006 since Money 2006 had not been writen yet. It amazes me
> that you want to make a difficult conversion even more difficult. Why
> WOULDN"T you simply upgrade to Money Plus (ie)2008 and then use the
> new PROVEN Quicken converter to bring your Money data into Quicken
> 2010. And please, don't tell me that you like Quicken 2005 better than
> Quicken 2010. Things just don't work the way you want them to. Be
> flexible and good luck to you. Steve
> 
0
duhmel
4/20/2010 2:07:04 AM
Do you KNOW what the Data Converter that you downloaded was designed to do?

Do you accept that Quicken 2005 was created BEFORE the Data Converter and 
hence data formats MAY BE incompatible.
Remember when that is the case the warning message you get may be more 
misleading than you might wish.

teabag





"duhmel" <mqq6@cox.net> wrote in message 
news:f%7zn.254728$K81.108532@newsfe18.iad...
> Thanks for your philosophy but it does not address my question.  The Data 
> Converter program does not even start so it matters not which Quicken 
> version I plan to use.  The error message says that Quicken is open but it 
> is not.  If you have an answer to my question, I would appreciate a 
> response.
>
> "Steve" <sjcohen730@aol.com> wrote in message 
> news:8b6cf6bc-d552-467c-8794-2b61479874fb@s7g2000vbk.googlegroups.com...
>> On Apr 19, 8:37 pm, "duhmel" <m...@cox.net> wrote:
>>> I want to convert my MONEY 2006 data to Quicken 2005. I do not want to 
>>> convert to Money 2008 and then to Quicken 2010.
>>>
>>>  I have downloaded the Data Converter and have generated the MONEY 
>>> reports per the instructions.  However when I try and run the Data 
>>> Converter I get the message
>>>
>>>   The data converter has found an open Quicken data file. Close Quicken 
>>> and try. again.
>>>
>>> I checked and the  TEMPLATE files are not read-only.  I have reinstalled 
>>> Quicken 2005 and the Data Converter and keep getting the same message. 
>>> Any advice would be appreciated.
>>
>> My advice to you would be to realize that the Data Converter for
>> Quicken 2005 is not able to convert Money 2006 data because when the
>> converter was created by Quicken in 2005 they did not know the code
>> for Money 2006 since Money 2006 had not been writen yet. It amazes me
>> that you want to make a difficult conversion even more difficult. Why
>> WOULDN"T you simply upgrade to Money Plus (ie)2008 and then use the
>> new PROVEN Quicken converter to bring your Money data into Quicken
>> 2010. And please, don't tell me that you like Quicken 2005 better than
>> Quicken 2010. Things just don't work the way you want them to. Be
>> flexible and good luck to you. Steve
>> 


0
teabag
4/20/2010 6:27:27 AM
It's quite possible the converter won't run and get started because it's 
confused by a foreign or illogical file format, that in some ways it 
understands and in some ways it does not.  File formats changed in Money 
2006 from prior, so it's quite possible this is messing up the starting 
of the converter program. As someone else posted, the converter you are 
running was written before the Money 2006 file format was even known. To 
  assume this would work is unrealistic.

This is not a supported conversion scenario as another poster pointed 
out.  So don't be surprised that you encounter problems almost immediately.

On 4/20/2010 2:27 AM, teabag wrote:
> Do you KNOW what the Data Converter that you downloaded was designed to do?
>
> Do you accept that Quicken 2005 was created BEFORE the Data Converter and
> hence data formats MAY BE incompatible.
> Remember when that is the case the warning message you get may be more
> misleading than you might wish.
>
> teabag
>
>
>
>
>
> "duhmel"<mqq6@cox.net>  wrote in message
> news:f%7zn.254728$K81.108532@newsfe18.iad...
>> Thanks for your philosophy but it does not address my question.  The Data
>> Converter program does not even start so it matters not which Quicken
>> version I plan to use.  The error message says that Quicken is open but it
>> is not.  If you have an answer to my question, I would appreciate a
>> response.
>>
>> "Steve"<sjcohen730@aol.com>  wrote in message
>> news:8b6cf6bc-d552-467c-8794-2b61479874fb@s7g2000vbk.googlegroups.com...
>>> On Apr 19, 8:37 pm, "duhmel"<m...@cox.net>  wrote:
>>>> I want to convert my MONEY 2006 data to Quicken 2005. I do not want to
>>>> convert to Money 2008 and then to Quicken 2010.
>>>>
>>>>   I have downloaded the Data Converter and have generated the MONEY
>>>> reports per the instructions.  However when I try and run the Data
>>>> Converter I get the message
>>>>
>>>>    The data converter has found an open Quicken data file. Close Quicken
>>>> and try. again.
>>>>
>>>> I checked and the  TEMPLATE files are not read-only.  I have reinstalled
>>>> Quicken 2005 and the Data Converter and keep getting the same message.
>>>> Any advice would be appreciated.
>>>
>>> My advice to you would be to realize that the Data Converter for
>>> Quicken 2005 is not able to convert Money 2006 data because when the
>>> converter was created by Quicken in 2005 they did not know the code
>>> for Money 2006 since Money 2006 had not been writen yet. It amazes me
>>> that you want to make a difficult conversion even more difficult. Why
>>> WOULDN"T you simply upgrade to Money Plus (ie)2008 and then use the
>>> new PROVEN Quicken converter to bring your Money data into Quicken
>>> 2010. And please, don't tell me that you like Quicken 2005 better than
>>> Quicken 2010. Things just don't work the way you want them to. Be
>>> flexible and good luck to you. Steve
>>>
>
>
0
Dominick
4/20/2010 11:49:02 AM
You cannot convert Money 2006 files into Quicken 2005. The conversion process 
in Money works forward. That is, if you want to convert a Money 2006 file 
into Quicken, it has to be Quicken 2007 or later.

Regards.

"Dominick" wrote:

> It's quite possible the converter won't run and get started because it's 
> confused by a foreign or illogical file format, that in some ways it 
> understands and in some ways it does not.  File formats changed in Money 
> 2006 from prior, so it's quite possible this is messing up the starting 
> of the converter program. As someone else posted, the converter you are 
> running was written before the Money 2006 file format was even known. To 
>   assume this would work is unrealistic.
> 
> This is not a supported conversion scenario as another poster pointed 
> out.  So don't be surprised that you encounter problems almost immediately.
> 
> On 4/20/2010 2:27 AM, teabag wrote:
> > Do you KNOW what the Data Converter that you downloaded was designed to do?
> >
> > Do you accept that Quicken 2005 was created BEFORE the Data Converter and
> > hence data formats MAY BE incompatible.
> > Remember when that is the case the warning message you get may be more
> > misleading than you might wish.
> >
> > teabag
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > "duhmel"<mqq6@cox.net>  wrote in message
> > news:f%7zn.254728$K81.108532@newsfe18.iad...
> >> Thanks for your philosophy but it does not address my question.  The Data
> >> Converter program does not even start so it matters not which Quicken
> >> version I plan to use.  The error message says that Quicken is open but it
> >> is not.  If you have an answer to my question, I would appreciate a
> >> response.
> >>
> >> "Steve"<sjcohen730@aol.com>  wrote in message
> >> news:8b6cf6bc-d552-467c-8794-2b61479874fb@s7g2000vbk.googlegroups.com...
> >>> On Apr 19, 8:37 pm, "duhmel"<m...@cox.net>  wrote:
> >>>> I want to convert my MONEY 2006 data to Quicken 2005. I do not want to
> >>>> convert to Money 2008 and then to Quicken 2010.
> >>>>
> >>>>   I have downloaded the Data Converter and have generated the MONEY
> >>>> reports per the instructions.  However when I try and run the Data
> >>>> Converter I get the message
> >>>>
> >>>>    The data converter has found an open Quicken data file. Close Quicken
> >>>> and try. again.
> >>>>
> >>>> I checked and the  TEMPLATE files are not read-only.  I have reinstalled
> >>>> Quicken 2005 and the Data Converter and keep getting the same message.
> >>>> Any advice would be appreciated.
> >>>
> >>> My advice to you would be to realize that the Data Converter for
> >>> Quicken 2005 is not able to convert Money 2006 data because when the
> >>> converter was created by Quicken in 2005 they did not know the code
> >>> for Money 2006 since Money 2006 had not been writen yet. It amazes me
> >>> that you want to make a difficult conversion even more difficult. Why
> >>> WOULDN"T you simply upgrade to Money Plus (ie)2008 and then use the
> >>> new PROVEN Quicken converter to bring your Money data into Quicken
> >>> 2010. And please, don't tell me that you like Quicken 2005 better than
> >>> Quicken 2010. Things just don't work the way you want them to. Be
> >>> flexible and good luck to you. Steve
> >>>
> >
> >
> .
> 
0
Utf
4/20/2010 6:28:01 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

migrating 2003 to 2005
Dear all, I have been opening my VC++.net2003 project in VC++2005 for the last whole week (or more). I have been having the following problems: (1) Everytime I open it, it asks me: "The project "project_name.dsp" must be converted to the current VC++ project format. After it has been converted, you will not be able to edit this project in previous versions of Visual Studio. Convert and open this project?" I either say "YES" or "YES TO ALL." (2) After this it asks me: "The source control provider associated with this solution could not ne f...

Money 2005 Standard
Hi, how do i add home inventory, i have follwed the directions in money help, but when i go to customise content or layout 'Home Inventory' is not there? Can anybody help me please. Than kyou Try this: http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/124.aspx -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://money.mvps.org/faq/default.aspx for tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money "Brad" <Brad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Quicken'04 to Money (Trial) did not transfer any transactions or balances
After going thru the install, and conversion of Q'04 to Money, Money re-created all the accounts, and on the confirmation dialogue box it reported(correctly ) the account balances that it would import. However, none of the transactions showed up, and all the account balances are equal to zero. I imported the data file, as well as attempted to bring in the QIF(but shouldn't have had to). Got an error message. Any suggestions? Pierre Since M04 doesn't support conversion of Q04 files, I'm surprised you got anything. "Yippy" <yippy@snippy.net> wrote in mes...

Can't open Money 2003 Deluxe & Business
Hi. This problem just started yesterday, prior to that it worked fine. I double clicked the MS Money icon on my desktop and the opening screen appeared, as it should. When I hit the "Sign In" or "Next>" button it started its thing. At the bottom it said "Signing in..." and the little dots started animating to let me know it was doing something. The problem is that it just kept animating and I never got in. There was no error messages. After a few minuites of waiting it just said "Microsoft Money (Not Responding)" in the title bar. I tried to ...

Money 2005 Reports
I use Money 2003 and am happy with it. However, I would like to see a report that shows year over year comparisons. By that I mean compare my expense categories for November 2004 against November 2003. I can't find out if that is one of the reports available in Money 2005. Do you happen to know if this type report is available? It would be my only reason to upgrade. Thanks, Mike Some comparison reports were added to, IIRC, M04. I would not consider them, or much of anything else for that matter, a reason to upgrade to M05. "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

can I un-reconcile transactions in Money 2006
While balancing Money against my monthly statement, I accidentally unchecked the things I wanted to reconcile and left the others checked. Now everything I didn't want to reconcile is and vice versa. Is there any way to unreconcile those transactions or do I have to delete and then re-enter them? You would do better if you posted your question in the appropriate newsgroup. This has nothing to do with Publisher. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Aymi" <Aymi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Convert time to a number when linking?
I'm referencing a time value in Worksheet "A" from the Data worksheet "B" like this; =Data!A1. Cell A1 is formatted as time and shows as 01:00, and I need it to be a general number (just a 1) in Worksheet "A" so I can divide it by another general number. Cells B1 & B2 are formatted as general in the source worksheet. In other words, the difference between 1:00 (A1) and 8:00 (A2) is 7. At 1:00 the temp was 32 (B1) degrees and at 8:00 the temperature was 152 (B2) degrees. In these 7 minutes the temperature rose 120 degrees. What I'm trying t...

converting CDB to MDB
i have created a pda form with SprintDB with an access db, but when i try and convert the db back with activesync it takes too long 20mins) so i was wondering if anyone here knew a quicker way to do this? i have searched the net and had no joy. ...

Money doesn't allow you to specify state tax year?
I'm having a bit of a problem reconciling my estimated payments in a report in MS Money 2004.. There seems to be a bit of inconsistency in the way it handles tax payments.. On any payment that I enter under the category "Federal Income Taxes", it asks me to which year the payment should apply.. This is correct behavior, I imagine, as I can pick "2003" or "2004"; likely when I enter my 1/15/04 estimated payment, I will be prompted as to whether the payment applies to "2004" or "2005". However, when I enter a STATE payment, it never asks ...

money 2005 crash after XP SP2
Hi all please help me I keep getting this send error to Microsoft the second my money file opens. The interesting is that a new file can be created and the money software won't crash, only with my money file I get this error, I was sure it’s the SP2 or Norton 2005 antivirus. i tried disabling while installing (didnt worked) error : appName : msmoney.exe AppVer:14.0.0.805 ModName: msofd.dll I am using money 2005. I tried your solution but nothing is working. Not with the 2004 nor 2005 money file. please tell me if you got something Eliran I'm in the same boat as you of 3 d...

Money 2006 Not downloading CC accounts
I can't seem to get Money 2006 premium to download the Credit Card accounts that accompany my Checking/Savings accounts from either BoA (WA) or BECU. I can browse to the accounts online, but the auto updates wont access the CC accounts. Any suggestions? Is this an institutional issue or a Money issue? ...

Publisher 2000 convert newsletter to pdf file for use on Apple Mac
I edit/write a newsletter for small charity use Pub 2000. A graphic designer who uses |Apple Mac has offered to redesign layout for free. I've tried attachment, copying to cd and pdf file none of which he could open. Is it possible to convert it for use on Apple MAc? This would be a great boost to the charity if I could get it to work. Any help in simple language please would be appreciated. EttaPat A brief Google search for "Microsoft Publisher for Mac" indicates that there is no such thing. This probably means that the designer would have to redesign the layout on ...

Money Plus Update Fails
I am running Windows Vista. I have used the trial "Plus" Money version, uninstalled and now I am running the purchased version (download) When I start Money Plus Deluxe, it says: "To continue operating suxxessfully, Money requires a software update. CLick OK to close Money and begin the update now." Clicking open the Vista user access control pops up asking for permission to do the Microsoft Money RC3 bits. The update seems to download and unpack OK but the updater just disappears Running Money Plus "as administrator" from the icon does NOT cause the upda...

money 2002 to 2007
Love 2002, have the new , never opened 2007 boxed program. Should I upgrade? Any bad experiences? I basically use to track bills, use the bill pay calander and, at tax time, a few reports. I can't lose any files here. ANY DETAILED help with backups before I do this, have CD writer and second hard drive, floppy drive, would be so helpful. Hate to just let the new program sit and gather dust. Also, plan to get a new computer, XP or Vista..still on yhe fence about that. Will I be able to install 2007 on my second machine? Thanks in advance for any help. I suggest that you make several b...

Workaround for "Money already running" ("Money won't quit") proble
Hello -- I upgraded from MS Money '03 to '06 last night (had to, 'cause my bank said they wouldn't support '03 any longer even though it was working fine for my basic needs, fortunately only had to shell out a net $9.99 (for an unneeded copy of TaxCut Standard) plus tax and the 37 cent stamp for mailing in the Money Standard/TaxCut $29.95 joint purchase rebate form), and though the upgrade process itself ran smoothly (despite giving the visual appearance of an awfully amateurish installation program -- I always thought MS had some pretty bright programmers working f...

2006 backup file to money essentials
I just download micro money essentials to my new computer, i tried to use my back up file from my money 2006 on my laptop, it is not working it says it does not use files from previous versions. help In microsoft.public.money, dennisddjj wrote: >I just download micro money essentials to my new computer, i tried to use my >back up file from my money 2006 on my laptop, it is not working it says it >does not use files from previous versions. help If you did not start with the trial, return Essentials. Install the Money Plus Deluxe trial expecting to buy 60 days later. ...

Converting Access Forms to Webforms
Hello, I've scanned through the forums here and didn't notice any up-to-date links for my answer, so I thought I'd post my question and see if I could get any response that I could understand, lol. I have several databases that individuals use with user interfaces (forms) that I would love to be able to convert, and still retain their functionality with the database, to a webpage. How can I successfully do this? The forms themselves are a lot of work in combination with queries and reports, and I'd rather not have to recode them all if possible. If this is possible, ...

several Money 2004 Issues
Money will no longer sign into passport. The credentials are correct because I can sign into hotmail just fine using the same credentials. Money help files don't work. When I click a help file topic Internet Explorer opens with an xml file - something like this: C:\Documents and Settings\Me\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\OZSWVT96\Assignchangeordeleteapassword[1].xml and displays the following error: The XML page cannot be displayed Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later. ...

convert from xlr to xls or xlt
can I convert an existing excel spreadsheet from xlr to xls or xlt fromat. I'm using me. ...

CRM 3.0 Pro and SQL 2005
I have a server with both CRM 3.0 PRO and SQL 2005 SP1 When I do a CRM Environment Diagnostics the error message under SQL Server says " The Microsoft CRM Database Does Not Contain a Version Number or The Version Number Is Not Valid ". I can't login to the CRM website. Whats wrong with my installation? Did you use a named instance or a default instance of SQL server. CRM only supports default instances. -Randy "John68" <John68@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5ED40473-4589-4CBF-B878-DAD9971A089A@microsoft.com... >I have a server with both...

Unable to read downloaded transactions on Money 2003
I am using Money 2003 on win XP. I have had no problems viewing downloaded transactions before. Over the last few days, I have not been able to read downloaded transactions especially in one of my bank accounts. It keeps saying that I have transactions to view but they do not show up in the register. Based on what I have read in this message board, I have cleaned out my internet explorer temp files and I have run "msmoney -s". I am still having problems. In fact, when I run "msmoney - s" then program crashes and asks me to send an error report to microsoft. Than...

Direct Connect Banking w/Microsoft Money?
Hello all. Now that Netbank is being sold to Everbank I'm going to have to find another bank to do direct connect bill pay, account transactions, etc. Can anyone recommend their bank or know of another one that is like Netbank? I want to continue being able to do all my transactions within Money and not have to go to a bank's web site nor do I want to do that LiveID thing. Thanks, Richard ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Unrestricted-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast ...

money 2001 #14
We dumped our ME and went to XP over the holidays. I have my backup copy for money 2001, but I can't open it without the program disk which I cannot find. Do I really need to purchase money 2001 again? If I do, would the newest version still allow me to open my 2001? clueless The file that you really want is *.mny, this contains all your data and account settings. The latest version is M2004 - I would go for that. You must upgrade within the same geography. M2001 (UK) > M2004 (US) is not allowed. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.m...

msmoney 2005
Unable to initialize a required Money component. Please reinstall Money from your original product disks. msmoney 2005 this is what I get, I try to reinstall and it says it cannot install some of the files to run I should reboot and reinstall, I get this each time. I have tried to uninstall it but it willnot uninstall. Help all my banking record are there for the last 5 years. Corrupted registry key for Money entries. You may locate certain Knowledge Base articles and contact Money Online Support . "Dick F." wrote: > Unable to initialize a required Money component. Pleas...

Money 2005 and Vanguard
I have Money 2005, and it refuses to connect to Vanguard. Anyone else having the same problem using online updates? In microsoft.public.money, bigme99 wrote: >I have Money 2005, and it refuses to connect to Vanguard. > >Anyone else having the same problem using online updates? > Connecting to Vanguard for me. Not working for me either... I get: MS Money could not receive information from your bank or brokerage, please set up this account again blah blah... (Money was unable to complete the operation. The internet, banking, or brokerage server you were trying to contact ...