Continuing saga of problems with online update of Money 98

updating of Money 98, Bonnie Synhorst, MVP, suggested
unclicking a selection of symbols until the problem quote
was isolated. Given the description of how Money 98 reacts
to an incorrect symbol, that sounds like a rational
solution.

But, when I try that I get another error message saying
(paraphrase) that Money was not able to download internet
quotes and that I should verify the following: 1)check
modem connection & modem settings in windows control
panel; (I've got cable internet connection through
earthlink or am I missing something?) 2) check if internet
software is installed and you're able to successfully
access the internet; (I've got internet access with no
difficulties) and, 3) check that country code for symbols
is correct (it is).

Money won't allow me to isolate a group of symbols or even
just check status of one particular invetesment.

Any additonal thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Charlie Smith wrote:

>Any additonal thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

How about keeping your saga on the same thread?

0
via_newsgroup (13113)
9/22/2003 2:23:18 PM
In addition to Cal's suggestion re. multiple threads, you might also
consider migrating to a version that is less than 6 versions obsolete. M98
was possibly the buggiest version of Money in the history of the product.
It's the only version I've ever skipped--because it was so flaky. Anybody
having problems with it at this late date isn't going to get much sympathy.

"Charlie Smith" <charliems1@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Any additonal thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Can you simply do an Update of your Internet Information? If you get an
error, what is it?  This typically is not related to the quote download
issue, so I think we're dealing with 2 separate problems.  However, we need
to solve this before we can even work on the quotes.

Money 98 was a different animal when it came to the online connection
settings.  Somewhere under Tools, Options, Connections, or something like
that, there was a setting to connect to the Internet manually.  There was
also a problem that this version had if you ever had Compuserve on the
machine there was a file called rpawinet.dll, I think, that bombed out the
connection.

I tend to agree with Dick that this may be more of a headache to fix than
it's worth.  You are certainly welcome to try and I'll throw all the
suggestions I have your way, but it certainly seems that we are going
backward rather than forward in the process of fixing this.

"Charlie Smith" <charliems1@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> updating of Money 98, Bonnie Synhorst, MVP, suggested
> unclicking a selection of symbols until the problem quote
> was isolated. Given the description of how Money 98 reacts
> to an incorrect symbol, that sounds like a rational
> solution.
>
> But, when I try that I get another error message saying
> (paraphrase) that Money was not able to download internet
> quotes and that I should verify the following: 1)check
> modem connection & modem settings in windows control
> panel; (I've got cable internet connection through
> earthlink or am I missing something?) 2) check if internet
> software is installed and you're able to successfully
> access the internet; (I've got internet access with no
> difficulties) and, 3) check that country code for symbols
> is correct (it is).
>
> Money won't allow me to isolate a group of symbols or even
> just check status of one particular invetesment.
>
> Any additonal thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

0
bjclarinet (489)
9/22/2003 6:03:51 PM
when taxcut comes out in january with money2004 and full
rebate GET A COPY OF MONEY2004
online
>updating of Money 98, Bonnie Synhorst, MVP, suggested
>unclicking a selection of symbols until the problem
quote
>was isolated. Given the description of how Money 98
reacts
>to an incorrect symbol, that sounds like a rational
>solution.
>
>But, when I try that I get another error message saying
>(paraphrase) that Money was not able to download
internet
>quotes and that I should verify the following: 1)check
>modem connection & modem settings in windows control
>panel; (I've got cable internet connection through
>earthlink or am I missing something?) 2) check if
internet
>software is installed and you're able to successfully
>access the internet; (I've got internet access with no
>difficulties) and, 3) check that country code for
symbols
>is correct (it is).
>
>Money won't allow me to isolate a group of symbols or
even
>just check status of one particular invetesment.
>
>Any additonal thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
>

>.

0
me

Excel Problems #4
My Excel is beggining to act strangly. When I click on a cell to hightlight several cells it jumps around and will not highlight.I go to delete a row and it will delete two or three rows at a time. I also tried to open a new workbook and it would not open one. Can someone tell me how to correct this problem? I thank you in advance. Hi maybe re-install a new mouse driver? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Mary Sapp" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1d7c01c4a0fa$74dec080$a601280a@phx.gbl... > My Excel is beggining to act strang...

Failed Windows Update
All attempts to update Windows XP are failing. Error message 0x8007F0DA . Last successful update was KB890830, but KB972270 on same date failed. -- msimona ------------------------------------------------------------------------ msimona's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/179367.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/1297491.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

Word & Excel Problems in Leopard
Here are some of my problems: 1. Blank sheet shows in Print Preview and in Print for new and old documents. 2. New Worksheet or Workbook is weird and unusable in any view. Page Setup does not work - keep getting "margins do not fit page size. If anyone can help with a solution I would be most grateful Joe Hi Joe - The first thing I'd suspect is that you haven't updated your printer driver even though you've converted to a totally new version of OS X. Check the mfr's web site for a new driver & run Disk Utility - Repair Disk Permissions after installing it. Also, m...

Linking problem
Hi, when i try to compile my project i get the following error: LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "dsprop.lib" Where is this file? What should i do? Regards Emmanuel Emmanuel, > LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "dsprop.lib" > > Where is this file? What should i do? You need to update your platform sdk. http://www.microsoft.com/msdownload/platformsdk/setuplauncher.asp -- Regards, Kobi Ben Tzvi "Emmanuel" <e951753@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:090101c37874$9fcc1f40$a301280a@phx.gbl... > > Hi, >...

Problem with date
Hi, I just converted my adp project from Access 2000 to Access 2003. In the 2000 version the date written on the SQL server are OK (mm/dd/yyyy). I use the Access 2000 in French and the SQL server is version 7 in English, and the date is ok on the SQL server. After the conversion the date on the SQL server is dd/mm/yyyy. I used Access 2003 in French and the same sql server that I used with the 2000 version. The regional paramater are the same, English (USA), but my workstation is a Windows French 2000 . The command that insert the data in the sql server is an INSERT INTO with a variable, ...

File search Dir() problem with large directories
Please somebody help me with my code. I am read almost every post regarding the changes to filesearch in 2007 and transfered my program over the to utilise the Dir() function . However when search large directories (files over around 100,000) the code falls over - losing network connection and stating invalid function. Could somebody advise if my code is at fault? Function findfilespath(pathname As String, tmpfilenametype As String, tmpdelete As String, tmpsource As String) Dim dbsanother As Object, rstfiles As Recordset Set dbsanother = CurrentDb Set rstfiles = dbsanother.OpenRec...

Money 2006 Automatically Adds Payees
I recently had to do a full system reinstall. Previously, MS$ would ask whether I wanted to add a new payee to my list of payees when I entered a transaction, but now, it automatically adds new ones without prompting me. I can't find a setting to ask for confirmation before acceptance. Anyone know what I'm missing? Thanks. - John Check Tools|Settings|Account Settings (global)|Transaction Confirmation Options|Confirm new payees. That path is from M07 but I'm pretty sure it's the same in M06. "John Miller" <John.L.Miller@no-spam.verizon.net> wrote i...

SP2 Problems
I have three backend active/passive cluster servers that have ran just fine for over a year. I installed Exchange SP2 a week ago and have had two outages since. Both outages seem to have something to do with device drivers. Does Exchange SP2 make some changes that would trigger problems with old device drivers such as NIC and iSCSI drivers or is it just a coincidence? That's OS-related - Exchange itself doesn't do anything to device drivers, nor does SP2. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- &q...

Problems with washington mutual business banking.
I can not connect to washington mutual bank from money 2005, any one else having same problem? I see this bank in list but does not connect? I am having the same issue... I believe I got it to work for a while, but I had to erase the on-line configuration and now it says on-line isn't available to connect. Still working on finding a solution. "anil" wrote: > I can not connect to washington mutual bank from money 2005, any one else > having same problem? I see this bank in list but does not connect? > ...

OL2002: Problem with Calendar Folder Size
I am having a problem with the size of my calendar folder size having grown out of control. This probably began with syncing to my Palm. If that is the REAL problem, how can we clean our calendar folder and retain some of my historical Calendar information? Is it possible to somehow archive the information/appointments from the Calendar folder that can be re-accessed if we need to see it? Thank you in advance for your assistance. MJ set up autoarchive to clean it out - it'll move them to a new pst. Also, there are some duplicate removers you could run to get rid of dups. There i...

Screen updating and formulas
With Excel and VBA, as soon as you add a formula to a cell this updates the screen. Does anyone know a way around this? E.g.. with Application .Screenupdating = False .range("a1").Formula ="=sum(a2:a4)" .range("b1").Formula ="=sum(b2:b4)" In the example above the screen updates after adding in the formula to cell "A1" Any ideas from anyone would be appreciated. "John" <jj@hotmail.com> wrote... >With Excel and VBA, as soon as you add a formula to a cell this updates the >screen. Does anyone know a way ar...

CWinapp::onExitInstance
this is about using a dll i have made in another language. called from a MFC dll that has an instance of CwinApp i have a dll i programemd in delphi.. it uses indyTcp server, it has exported DLL methods to starting, and stopping the server which including freeing classes etc, sets TCpserver.active to true and false i am calling this dll from microsoft visual C++ (using loadlibrary, get procaddress) this is working fine, i can turn on the server, it behaves how i want, and i can turn it off. and everything gets unloaded from memory fine, if i call the turnoffserver methods in the delphi dll d...

Credit card balance update?
Hope you can help! I am a new user of MS Money 2006. I have several bank accounts entered, and all seem to work nicely except credit cards. Should credit card accounts update like bank accounts do? All my bank account information is update whenever I choose to do a “internet update” But credit cards do not. It seems I have to go to the credit card companies web sit and download the statement manually. Is this correct? Shouldn’t the most current transaction that I see online, on my statement appear in Money after an automatic update, without having to manually download? I h...

Two-Column problem
Using Arrange, Layout Guides, I set up Publisher 2002 with two columns per page and with two master pages with mirrored guides. For the first 11 pages, text flowed as expected. That is, each new pair of pages had two textboxes per page. But now, when I add a pair of pages, Publisher gives me guides for two columns per page but gives me only one page-wide textbox per page, not two. How do I force Publisher to give me two textboxes per page, as it did for the first 11 pages? (I might be missing something obvious. I haven't used Publisher in several years.) Thanks. Charley After mana...

Problem Connecting to External IP in CRM 4.0
Hi, Basically, we have an On Premises installation of CRM 4.0 and everyone externally has been connecting by the external IP i.e. 87.87.87.87:5555 and using AD to login. This has been working fine until recently when it is now resolving to CRMDBNAME.domain.com which we don't want at the moment. I have also checked the Config Database is looking at the correct AD & IFD servers and domains. I have checked DNS, AD & IIS and all tests are passing. If there anywhere I can stop /change this so that it continues to just pick up the external IP. Any help or pointers would be grea...

Outlook 2003, Password problems to an Imap Exchange server
After upgrading from Outlook XP to Outlook 2003, I have found a problem. My passwords don't work for my IMAP accounts. I have an Exchange Server 2000 that I am connected to. I also have an IMAP server that I connect to using the same profile, the IMAP server is an Exchange 2000 server as well. When I enter my password it just continues to ask for it. I have checked the event log on the Exchange server and found the following EVENT ID: 13003. Logon attempt from 24.XXX.XXX.XXX to dvince has failed: HrLookupCredentials() call failed with error Logon failure: unknown user name or bad ...

322051 problem on Windows 2000 server and exchange 5.5 Admin not opening
I am having the exact same problem as described in the Knowledge Base Article 322051 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us% 3B322051 However, I am not running NT4, but 2000 server. I obtained the hotfix described in the article, but it doesn't install on a non-NT computer. I have checked the DLLs mentioned in the article, and as far as I can tell they are the 56bit versions (although only one actually says "export version" the others give no indication) I am not exactly sure what caused this. I have inherited this network and cannot speak to the prev...

How to solve this problem? #2
I write two program,one is that create ODBC-link to access and register two control:MS ADO Data and MS DataGrid automaticly,another is to display database,look: BOOL CAutoDlg::OnInitDialog() { SQLConfigDataSource(NULL,ODBC_ADD_DSN,"Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)\0", \ "DSN=LeadLink\0 DESCRIPTION=For Lead ODBC Link\0 DBQ=RS485.mdb\0 FIL=Microsoft \ Access\0 default="); CString OcxFileName; HINSTANCE hLib; FARPROC lpDllEntryPoint; OcxFileName="MSADODC.OCX"; hLib = LoadLibrary(OcxFileName); if (hLib==NULL) { AfxMessageBox("Error"); } lpDllEntryPo...

Turn Off Updating of Ref Fields in Word 2007
I have a document that someone used Ref fields to link to bookmarked figures and hyperlinked them to the paragragh thus inserting a copy of the figure everywhere they inserted the field. I unlinked the extra graphics from the paragraph but not from the actual text e.g. "Figure VII 2-2." Now the document has updated all of the fields and reinserted the figures back in. If it was one or two no big deal but we are talking about probably 75-100 extra graphics being inserted into the document. I need to turn off the Auto Updating of Fields on Save or whenever the heck i...

Money 2001 #19
I would like to be able to run two completely seperate money 2001 programs on the same computer (one for myself and one for my husband) can this be done? So far the only way I can see is to have both accounts seperate but running within the same program, which is not what we want. He wants to be able to back up his account seperately from mine. Anyone have any IEDAS? You use the same Money application and a different data files. This is just (almost) like using Word with multiple different document (data) files. The exceptions are the Tools|Options settings (which in M01 are likely sh...

WM_PAINT problem
Hi I have this function for my dialog box (it's a project based on dialog box): void CDialogBarCopy::OnPaint() { CPaintDC dc(this); // device context for painting dc.SetBkColor(RGB(212,208,200)); dc.SetTextColor(RGB(255,0,0)); CFont *m_Font1 = new CFont; m_Font1->CreatePointFont(260, "Garamond"); dc.SelectObject(m_Font1); if(LecteurEnd == 1) { dc.TextOut(19, 37, "test"); } } If I delete the if condition "if(LecteurEnd == 1)", this code work good, but I want to do it just when my variable "LecteurEnd" is set to 1. When I set the varia...

SQL: Summing By Date Continuously?
Two tables: tblPaymentAccrualDaily SecID PayDate PayAmount 003 01/01/2007 123.97 004 01/01/2007 4250.63 003 01/02/2007 123.43 003 01/03 2007 120.45 003 01/04/2007 119.20 003 01/05/2007 130.44 ...and so on for each and every day tblPaymentSchedule SecID PayDate 003 01/03/2007 003 02/03/2007 003 03/05/2007 003 04/03/2007 What I want to do is present, for a given SecID, the total daily accruals from tblPaymentSchedule.PayDate to the next (actually, the day after one PayDate to the next...

Problems with "hyster-grams" :-)
I some problems using histograms in Office Excel 2003 (11.6355.6360) SP1. The one problem I cannot seem to work around is: the X-axis data "labels" are centered under the bar. I want the "labels" to be centered under the right-edge of the bar. (I edit change Overlap and Gap Width in Format Data Series / Options so that I have "fat" bars that touch each other.) The fact is: the X-axis "labels" are not labels at all. They are, in fact, the max value of the bin. ("Well, of course!") I want them to appear where the max value belongs, namely...

Problem with Filegroups and Indexes
Hi all I have two filegroups (DATA and INDEX). I create a new table on filegroup DATA and a PrimaryKey Constraint (NONCLUSTERED) on filegroup INDEX. This works fine, the table is on filegroup DATA and the Index on filegroup INDEX. When I now add a clustered Index (to filegroup INDEX), the filegroup of the table is changed to INDEX ... Does somebody know why this happens ?? Thanks a lot and best regards Frank Uray Hi Frank The leaf level of a clustered index IS the data. You cannot have a clustered index separate from the data, so wherever you build the clustered inde...

problems with distribution lists
does anyone know how big distribution lists can be in Outlook 2003? Emails are not reaching those most recently added to the list; I don't receive an error message; it just never gets to the intended recipient. The number of recipients is set by the ISP, not Outlook. Many have restricted the number of recipients to help combat spam. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer k...