confusion about multiple accounts at same bank

I have two Money files - 0ne for my personal accounts and one for my
business. I use one bank for all of my accounts. Here's my problem:  When I
set up online banking for my personal accounts, it went out to the bank and
rounded up all of the accounts I have there, including the business checking.
 It didn't seem to give me any choice about whether to "enable" each of the
accounts for that particular Money file. It was all or nothing.

Same thing happened when i set up the online banking for the buisiness files
- I got all of the accounts, even when I didn't want all of them. I tried
closing or deleting the extras, but the next time I did an update, it grabbed
them all again (which means the updates are not available if I go back to the
personal accounts file and try to updat them.

AAARRRG!  Does anyone know how I can choose which account(s) to update for
each file?

I'm using Money2005.  Is this problem perhaps corrected in 2006? (If so, it
would be well worth the upgrade...)

0
Lorraine (13)
3/14/2006 7:14:27 PM
money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

"Lorraine" <Lorraine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I'm using Money2005.  Is this problem perhaps corrected in 2006? (If so,
> it
> would be well worth the upgrade...)

It is not corrected in 2006. If your bank supports direct connection, you
may be able to tell it not to download certain accounts. If your downloading
requires a passport, then it's not direct - it's through Yodlee, a third
party. In that case, you cannot ignore the undesired accounts.
--
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL

0
spam_magnet (1210)
3/15/2006 12:48:19 AM
I am about to do the same thing....set up a separate money file (2005
version) for a business account...and that account is at the same bank with
my other accounts. So, I guess I will have the same problem.  I want to to
keep the business account separate from the other accounts.  I guess the only
way to do that is to not go online?

--
Jwarth

"Chris Cowles" wrote:

> "Lorraine" <Lorraine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> > I'm using Money2005.  Is this problem perhaps corrected in 2006? (If so,
> > it
> > would be well worth the upgrade...)
>
> It is not corrected in 2006. If your bank supports direct connection, you
> may be able to tell it not to download certain accounts. If your downloading
> requires a passport, then it's not direct - it's through Yodlee, a third
> party. In that case, you cannot ignore the undesired accounts.
> --
> Chris Cowles
> Gainesville, FL

0
jwarth (2)
3/16/2006 10:36:12 PM
"jwarth" <jwarth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am about to do the same thing....set up a separate money file (2005
> version) for a business account...and that account is at the same bank
> with
> my other accounts. So, I guess I will have the same problem.  I want to to
> keep the business account separate from the other accounts.  I guess the
> only
> way to do that is to not go online?

If your bank requires a passport, I believe that is the case. If your bank
supports direct connections, it may permit flagging an account to be
ignored. Mine (Wachovia) does.
--
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL

0
spam_magnet (1210)
3/16/2006 11:49:22 PM
One more question for Chris:

Could I set up the business account with the same bank that I have all my
other accounts with, but create a separate money file with a different
passport?  Would this solve the problems with the multiple accounts being
downloaded when doing online updates?
--
Jwarth

"Chris Cowles" wrote:

> "jwarth" <jwarth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am about to do the same thing....set up a separate money file (2005
> > version) for a business account...and that account is at the same bank
> > with
> > my other accounts. So, I guess I will have the same problem.  I want to to
> > keep the business account separate from the other accounts.  I guess the
> > only
> > way to do that is to not go online?
>
> If your bank requires a passport, I believe that is the case. If your bank
> supports direct connections, it may permit flagging an account to be
> ignored. Mine (Wachovia) does.
> --
> Chris Cowles
> Gainesville, FL

0
jwarth (2)
3/18/2006 2:16:26 AM
> One more question for Chris:
>
> Could I set up the business account with the same bank that I have all my
> other accounts with, but create a separate money file with a different
> passport?  Would this solve the problems with the multiple accounts being
> downloaded when doing online updates?

I don't think so but I have little experience with a passport assigned to a
file. Most of my banks support direct download. Those that don't, I don't
bother downloading from. My activity with those is very limited, anyway.
--
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL

0
spam_magnet (1210)

How do I print multiple postcards per page?
I have updated to Office 2007 and I can't get the postcards to print more than two per page. There use to be a multiple copies per page button in the print preview screen but now it is gone. What do I do? In File, page setup, use one of the Avery US Letter postcard templates. They always work. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "evetsttoille" <evetsttoille@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD3C5928-F567-4FC5-8520-CE2E7C27E6A6@microsoft.com... >I have updated to Office 2007 and I can't get the postcards to print more > than two per page....

Multiple instances of Outlook #3
MS Office pro 2003 SP2 Situation: One PC multiple users. Normally logged on to PC and network as MainUser. One Outlook-account "MainUser" and 5 accounts "User1" etc. Normally we are logged on to Outlook with the account MainUser. By closing and restarting Outlook we can log on to any other of the accounts. Question: Is it possible to have multiple instances of Outlook open at the same time so we can view both MainUser and e.g. User1?? knut Outlook can only run under one MAPI profile at a time. XP's Quick user switching might allow you to run it multiple tim...

Why does multiple files not open after being selected.
I'm using Microsoft Office Word 2007. I go to "My documents". After selecting multiple files I right click to get to OPEN. After selecting "open" nothing happens. I have to open one by one file...that works well. What you are trying to do should definitely work... Have you tried repairing the installation? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Magrieta" <Magrieta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF9E98DD-F9CC-43B7-BA8E-24DADDA138D2@microsoft.com... > I'm using Microsoft Office Word 2007. > I go to "...

i am so confused
As of day before yesterday, i was recieving and sending mail like i should, but now it says my username and/or password are inncorrect, and they are stored in the com, and my phone. i retyped them, and it says the same thing??? i just tried again, and it said the following: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'hi', Account: 'pop.att.yahoo.com (1)', Server: 'smtp.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Pleas help.... anyone!!!!! i am lost without my e-mail!! Your settings look ...

How to export multiple charts from Access
I need to export several tables and charts from an Access 2000 db into Excel 2000 because Access is very limited for displaying Charts. Ideally, I would like to group data of a similar nature on the same sheet, tables down the left side in blocks and charts adjacent. I can't seem to manage that. The best I can do is one table of data per sheet. I can live with that but the problem is that all the charts seem to go onto "Sheet1" and stack-up on top of each other. I have played all the various combinations of ActiveChart.Location and ActiveChart.SetSourceData but all to no avail...

edit Punlisher version in multiple documents
I have a publisher folder that contains several other folders. In these "sub folders" are publisher documents for departments to revise for a City-wide publication. My problem: documents are saved in Publisher 2003 and not all departments have the latest version. I want to convert all of the documents into Publisher 2000 so they can be opened and modified by departments. How do I "save as" Publisher 2000 without opening each foler and then each document. Do advanced attributes work? How? Many thanks for any help. You don't want to hear the answer. You alrea...

Multiple accounts at a single financial institution
My wife and I have multiple accounts at a large investment company. Some of them are mine, some are hers and some are jointly owned so they are governed by either her SSAN, mine or both. I am not able to get Money 2005 configured to handle this situation. Can someone help so that I can download transactions from the investment house all at the same time. Thanks, -- Rich In microsoft.public.money, Rich Z. wrote: >My wife and I have multiple accounts at a large investment company. Some of >them are mine, some are hers and some are jointly owned so they are governed >by eit...

CListCtrl confusion
I am confused about the meaning of selected (LVIS_SELECTED) and focused (LVIS_FOCUSED). What is the difference? The above can be set/read with Set/GetItemState(). The there is also GetSelectionMark() and its set. When you get the selection mark, is this the one that is selected? Or does it mean something else? What I am able to do is click on a row and then execute my method, doit(). Now I want to simply use the up and down arrow keys to move the selection and focus up and down the list, each time calling doit() for the new row. The problem I am running into is that I get recursive calls to...

Multiple companies / hosted exchange environment
Hello, We operate a very small hosted exchange environment for a few small businesses and one of them would like us to provide MS CRM for their usage. They have looked at the documented options of running their own SBS Server with CRM but they have no support staff themselves and would like to keep their Exchange services as they are and if possible bolt on CRM. I know there would be no problem installing CRM in our infrastructure, but would there be any limitations as to the hosted-exchange side? Also at a later date could we add additional companies to CRM if another of our customer...

Running RMS HQ on multiple computers
Is it possible to run a copy of RMS HQ Manager on multiple computers? Yes it is 100% Just install it on that machine and point it to the HQ database, obviously they have to be networked for this to work? "Nabonibus" <Nabonibus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3F316262-07FC-4B56-95A6-D80EEF34D207@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to run a copy of RMS HQ Manager on multiple computers? ...

Probs with creating multiple pivot charts from pivot table
Every new pivot chart report I create from a particular pivot table refreshes all the previous charts (which are on separate worksheets) to contain the same data. This is driving me nuts. I have created a pivot table on a new worksheet. Then using the information provided in the pivot table I created four different pivot chart reports (3D Pie) which looked great at first glance. BUT then I realised that everytime I ticked a different option on my drop down pivot field button it would change ALL of the other charts as well. Eg. From the pivot table I created a chart after selecting azale...

Conditional Formatting Across Multiple Cells
I have data file that I want to conditional format Red/Green fill based on >= conditional on a single row of data. In Excel 2003 it was fairly simple to lock a row but not a column and by selecting all the cells to format it would change the column relative to the cell. Just having an issue transitioning to conditional formatting in 2007. Sample Data a b c d 1 goal 10 245 125 2 day1 8 200 76 3 day2 8 250 125 4 day3 15 250 130 5 day4 15 300 150 6 day5 0 100 0 7 Avg 9 220 96 Cells Rows 2 - 7 should be conditional on Row ...

Exchange 2007 CAS role and multiple sites
we have multiple site and we have no intention to provide access to CAS role servers at any site. - What i'm worried about is the recommended by MS bandwidth between CAS and mailbox roles that is 100 Mbps. It's just hardly achievable sometimes. Probably I don't understand something? - another question about autodiscovery procedure. Will Outlook 2007 clients try to access an alternative CAS server published if one chosen in the past becomes unavailable for awhile? Andrey The mailbox server can also have the CAS and Hub roles unless you're clustering it. -- Ed Crowle...

any way to select multiple folder for properties change?
I would like to apply the same properties change to a number of subfolders of a main folder. Is there any way to do this, except selecting each folder one-at-a-time to make the same propertiies change? I Live On Outlook No. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "I live on Quicken and Outlook" <Private@privacy.org> wrote in message news:vof6l09v3g4bdm119pjo7ujk0j02kur08e@4ax.com... >I would like to apply the same properties ...

(more!) elementFormDefault confusion
Hi all, From what I can read, it doesn't look like I'm the only one getting confused with the elementFormDefault and attributeFormDefault properties of XML schemas. I am wanting to get a full understanding of these properties, as I want to be able to generate XML that conforms to these settings via the XmlTextWriter. The two main reference articles I can find are: http://geekswithblogs.net/dmillard/archive/2004/10/20/12935.aspx http://blogs.msdn.com/ebattalio/archive/2006/03/03/543154.aspx However, I have a couple of questions regarding this: 1. In Minty Fresh's example, w...

Changing between 2 accounts
I am using Outlook 2000. Windows Me I have just set up a second Earthlink account and I'd like to find an easier way to change between the two. What I'm doing now when I want to send mail via the second account (acct. B) is clicking Tools/Accounts and then making acct. B the default. Then after I send the mail, I have to reverse the process and change the default back to "main account". Surely there's an easier way. Also how can I know which account I am without looking in Tools/Accounts? If I remember rightly you can go into Options with in the email and choose th...

Change Mailbox Primary Account
Here is my case: One Windows 2003 Active Directory forest (domain.net) which has two subdomains: WEST and EAST. WEST.domain.net has Exchange 2003 installed and is providing mail service. EAST.domain.net is new created subdomain; domain AD scheme had been updated with Exchange extensions. User John Smith has account (jsmith@west.domain.net) and mailbox (jsmith@domain.net) in WEST.domain.net; John Smith also has account (jsmith@east.domain.net). My question is how to set jsmith@east.domain.net as primary account for mailbox (jsmith@domain.net). Thanks for your help. On Tue, 20 Mar 200...

Confused on syntax
Hello, I confused over the following syntax. Could someone please explain to me exactly what is happening here. ((CEditView*)m_viewList.GetHead())->SetWindowText(NULL); I understand the casted type to the m_viewList.GetHead( ) function, but the ->SetWindowText call on the end is what I've never seen done like this? Is somehow the return pointer from GetHead pointing to the SetWindowText function ? But why would this be? Could not SetWindowText just be called on it's own ? On 3 jul, 13:01, "RB" <NoMail@NoSpam> wrote: > Hello, I confused over the following...

Multiple users
How do I set up multiple users to receive e-mail in outlook.I go into tool, account and add,then I fill out all the information, and an error occurs when mail is trying to be received. ...

data in single column split to multiple col's based on header
Hi All, I have data in three diff columns, e.g: column A column B column C 1 absman a 1 folklore b 2 internet c 2 absman d 3 folklore e 3 internet f I want these to be segregated under different heads based on the unique ID in column A with header (col B) and pull the data in Col C Result shld be something like this Headet absman folklore internet 1 a b 2 d c 3 Could ypu please help or I need to run vlookup by splitting the data, I have 17 million rows of data (split in 2 files) to be pulled under 16 heads. Your help in this regard is highly appreciated. -...

outlook deletes original message on yahoo account, how do i stop t
how do i stop outlook from deleting the original message on yahoo mail account Version of outlook? Go to tools, email accounts, open the account go to more settings and leave mail on the server (last tab) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM You can access this newsgroup by visiting http://www.microsoft...

Publisher 2007 multiple duplex prints problem
Hi, When printing a duplex program, A4, it works fine when printing 1. However, when printing multiple copies it messes it up. It wil put page "1 & 4" on the one side, and again on the other side, then the next one comes out with page 2 & 3 printed on both sides. This is with automatice duplexing. Works fine in publisher 2003, the problem started in 2007. The only way around it is to click print 100 times if we need 100 sets. Is this a know bug and is there a solution? Tks mlungu wrote: > When printing a duplex program, A4, it works fine when printing 1. However, ...

Multiple Conditions Formula Help Needed
I currently have a formula that I have used to calculate commisio rates. We had a 2 rate plan. If sales were below a certail threshol then apply this rate and if above apply this rate. I used an IF/THE formula. We have recently switched to a 4 rate plan, and I am unsur how to create a formula to reflect this. Please advise.. thanks dav -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com One approach would be a table to use with VLOOKUP. In the formula, where you now have a rate, use VLOOKUP. On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 16:53:11 -0500, chiwavdg <<chiwavdg.19rkim@excelforum-nospam.com>...

Relationships with multiple columns?
Hello, Is it possible to build a relationship that looks at more than one column for a single match? For example I have a table with staff information that has multiple logins (4) columns and another table with activity information that only has one login. I want to be able to query/report with information from both where login = login 1 or login2 or login3 or login4 but can only build a relationship that looks at one column then stops. Is there a way to make access do this? On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 14:17:58 -0000, Dustin R <dustin.russell@gmail.com> wrote: >Hello, >Is it possible to...

bank transfer problem
I have two checkbooks: the first one has a currency ID of USD [us dollars] and the second one has a currency of HKD [Hong Kong dollars] when I do a transfer - the final transaction has a CM Trx Type as 'Interest Income'...why is that? What version of GP, what build number (service pack)? I have tried to reproduce this issue on v10 SP4 and always end up with a CMTrxType of 7 for a CMXFR audit trail. To verify your transaction run the following SQL Statement against your company database: SELECT * FROM CM20100 WHERE CMTrxNum = 'yourTransferNumberHere' Best r...