Citicard decided to stop auto dl of ofx file.

End of February my Citibank credit card started giving an 'error' when I
asked all my accounts to update.
Tech Support at Citi said they were never supposed to work with money or
quicken on an auto connect status, I must have found a 'back door'! OMG
I selected Citi ExxonMobil MC from MsMoney Plus list - no 'back door'! Now
you must manually download transactions like it's 1999! (Prince, sing it for
me)

Guess they just don't want happy customers anymore. Looking for a new credit
card that works in this millenium with a standard laptop & software!
0
huskybytes (20)
3/12/2009 1:18:14 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, huskybytes wrote:

>End of February my Citibank credit card started giving an 'error' when I
>asked all my accounts to update.
>Tech Support at Citi said they were never supposed to work with money or
>quicken on an auto connect status, I must have found a 'back door'! OMG
>I selected Citi ExxonMobil MC from MsMoney Plus list - no 'back door'! Now
>you must manually download transactions like it's 1999! (Prince, sing it for
>me)
>
>Guess they just don't want happy customers anymore. Looking for a new credit
>card that works in this millenium with a standard laptop & software!

There are many that do direct direct downloads to Money including
Citicard non-affiliate cards.  See
http://www.microsoft.com/money/bankonline.aspx?FirstLetter=&FinananceOrganisationType=CreditCardProvidersOnly
and look for the word "direct" without asterisk or the term "third
party".

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
3/12/2009 6:59:42 PM
So, guess MS Money needs to update their listing
http://www.microsoft.com/money/bankDetails.aspx?guid=133937&type=0 because
ExxonMobil Mastercard is still listed and won't directly connect anymore!

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, huskybytes wrote:
>
> >End of February my Citibank credit card started giving an 'error' when I
> >asked all my accounts to update.
> >Tech Support at Citi said they were never supposed to work with money or
> >quicken on an auto connect status, I must have found a 'back door'! OMG
> >I selected Citi ExxonMobil MC from MsMoney Plus list - no 'back door'! Now
> >you must manually download transactions like it's 1999! (Prince, sing it for
> >me)
> >
> >Guess they just don't want happy customers anymore. Looking for a new credit
> >card that works in this millenium with a standard laptop & software!
>
> There are many that do direct direct downloads to Money including
> Citicard non-affiliate cards.  See
> http://www.microsoft.com/money/bankonline.aspx?FirstLetter=&FinananceOrganisationType=CreditCardProvidersOnly
> and look for the word "direct" without asterisk or the term "third
> party".

0
huskybytes (20)
3/13/2009 6:53:00 PM
In microsoft.public.money, huskybytes wrote:

>So, guess MS Money needs to update their listing
>http://www.microsoft.com/money/bankDetails.aspx?guid=133937&type=0 because
>ExxonMobil Mastercard is still listed and won't directly connect anymore!

It doesn't exactly say it connects directly. It says it goes thru a
third party.

Did you try disabling the account for online access and then setting
the account up again?

>"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, huskybytes wrote:
>>
>> >End of February my Citibank credit card started giving an 'error' when I
>> >asked all my accounts to update.
>> >Tech Support at Citi said they were never supposed to work with money or
>> >quicken on an auto connect status, I must have found a 'back door'! OMG
>> >I selected Citi ExxonMobil MC from MsMoney Plus list - no 'back door'! Now
>> >you must manually download transactions like it's 1999! (Prince, sing it for
>> >me)
>> >
>> >Guess they just don't want happy customers anymore. Looking for a new credit
>> >card that works in this millenium with a standard laptop & software!
>>
>> There are many that do direct direct downloads to Money including
>> Citicard non-affiliate cards.  See
>> http://www.microsoft.com/money/bankonline.aspx?FirstLetter=&FinananceOrganisationType=CreditCardProvidersOnly
>> and look for the word "direct" without asterisk or the term "third
>> party".

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
3/13/2009 7:56:57 PM
Interesting... Both my citibank mastercards still download directly
just fine, as does my AT&T Universal card (now owned by Citibank), but
my Citibank checking and money market accounts stopped working 3 or 4
days ago. The error says to login to citibank and address any
information requests, but I logged into citibank and am not seeing
anything different.
bartlettjonathan,
Citibank may be reducing service provided to certain product lines that they
offer. You may need to contact online customer service for your checking and
money market accts, and see if that is a new policy of theirs.

Rich/rerat
(RRR News)    <message rule>

<bartlettjonathan@gmail.com> wrote in message
Interesting... Both my citibank mastercards still download directly
just fine, as does my AT&T Universal card (now owned by Citibank), but
my Citibank checking and money market accounts stopped working 3 or 4
days ago. The error says to login to citibank and address any
information requests, but I logged into citibank and am not seeing
anything different.

0
rrr_news (40)

Need to create a data file (pst) to be opened by some else in her
Hi, I have a buch of emails stored in an archive that I need to send or give to my replacement so she can open them in her outlook. Once she's able to open them I need to deleted, that is why I'm not using "Delegation". Does someone knows how can I do this? Thanks JJE. I forgot to mention that I have outlook 2007 while the other person has outlook 2003. Thanks, JJE "Jake" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a buch of emails stored in an archive that I need to send or give to > my replacement so she can open them in her outlook. > Once she's able ...

import files to access
I everybody I have about 300 files that was created by a system and saved as tab delimited but in excel sheets each excel sheet contains two rows one for the heading the other for the data of a patient , and there are many columns now I want to gather all the data and keep in one table in access . I can import data from any one of the excel sheets manually to access , but only after opening the excel sheet and saving it as workbook. although the file is excel sheet buts is extension is txt so what i have to append the data manually is 1.open the excel sheet and save as w...

conditional tab stops
I have cboSolutionLocation and cboStatus on a form. I do not want to be able to tab to cboSolution until cboStatus ="complete". I then want to make it mandatory to have to enter something in cboSolutionLocation. I am sure there is code form this but a s a newb I don't know it yet. Tab stop is off in propoerties for cboSolutions TIA Dave To disable cboSolutionLocation until cboStatus = "complete", use the AfterUpdate event procedure of cboStatus to set the Enabled property of cboSolutionLocation. Do the same in the Current event of the form. Use error handling to...

Excel file with Active X programming growing uncontrollably
I have designed an Excel spreadsheet with a number of formulas, buttons (Active X) and VB code connected to them. All it does is calculations on values in cells and on other worksheets and workbooks. I regularly save the latest version of this Excel file under a new name. But every time I do this it seems to grow enormously. The first version was 734 KB. There are only minor changes in the program since then, but the latest version has grown to 7,7 MB! But there is really no more data stored in it that in the first one. Does anyone have a clue what is happening here, and what I can do?...

Auto Complete fields
I have one table with Workday_Type, Shift and District, they are all combo boxes. If Workday_Type does not equal "Workday" or "OverTime Day" I would like to auto fill Shift and District to "None". The Shift combo box uses a value list and the district combo box uses a table/querry. Thank you Frank Frank, In the AfterUpdate event of Workday_Type, enter this code (typed but not tested) If Me.ActiveControl <> "Workday" and Me.ActiveControl <> "Oevertime Day" then [Shift] = "None" [District] = "None&qu...

Converting Money 98 files to 2005
I've seen the question asked but haven't seen a response. I'm trying to load Money 98 backup files into Money 2005 (moving to new machine). It doesn't matter whether I use Open or Restore or Repair. I get an incompatible version message. What can I do to convert the 98 backups into something 2005 can read? See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=1. "Manne" <Manne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED4C824F-94DD-488E-A9B5-F5E16FE42F94@microsoft.com... > I've seen the question asked but haven't seen a response. I'm trying to loa...

How To Transfer An Investment From One Money File to Another?
Is there a simple, effective and straightforward way to transfer transactions relating to an investment from one Microsoft Money 2004 file to another (there are other investments in the account). My wife and I have several mutual funds mixed up between us and would dearly like to eliminate the confusion. TIA -- Growing old is mandatory, growing wiser is optional. In microsoft.public.money, vigilantz <balls69bc@yahoo.ca(donotspam)> wrote: >Is there a simple, effective and straightforward way to transfer transactions >relating to an investment from one Microsoft Money 2004 f...

Recovering Outlook Express files
My son upgraded my operating system from Windows 98 to XP Pro. After the upgrade, none of my email in Outlook Express 6.0 from Windows 98 appeared in the XP Pro Outlook Express. I had some very important correspondence in the Windows 98 email program that I want to recover. Any suggestions? I would greatly appreciate it. Hi Bill. You'll do better posting this question in the correct newsgroup - this one is for Outlook, not Outlook Express and they are very dissimilar. -- Judy Gleeson - MVP Outlook Acorn Training and Consulting Canberra, Australia see what Outlook training can...

How do I to stop "�" character from arriving as "#" characters?
Outlook 2000 SP3 Hi How do I stop the "�" characters in emails from being converted into "#" characters? With thanks Ship Shiperton Henethe Shiperton Henethe <shiphen@yahoo.com> wrote: > How do I stop the "�" characters in emails from being converted into > "#" characters? If inbound, the font with which your mail is being displayed doesn't have the British pound character, but rather the American pound in that position...

Turn off font Auto Scale globally in Excel 2003?
Is there a way to tell Excel globally to uncheck the Auto scale checkbox on the font tab for all chart elements? Or at least turn it off for all elements on the current chart? The default seems to be to have auto scale on and the only thing I can figure out to deal with it is to turn off each chart element's auto scale, one at a time. For my situation this is truly an obnoxious default setting. Try first unchecking font auto scale with the "Chart Area" selected (the outside of the chart). You could set your chart preferences as the default chart type, see Chart types, C...

Lost file
My daughter turned off my computer before I could name/save a file in Excel. Will a temp version of it exist anywhere? Thanks! ...

Is there a Filed which shows Time only?
Hi, Like the subject says... I am looking for a Field which shows Time only, WITHOUT CREATING A CUSTOM FIELD! I know 'Start' shows day dd/mm/yy hh:nn, but I require a field which only shows: hh:nn. Thanks No, you need to create a custom field. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Andy asked: | Hi, | | Like the subject says... I am looking for a...

Multiple file problem
I have just transferred my old pst file to a new computer. What Outlook 2003 has done is make multiple Contact and Calendar files of each. Some have the original data in, but most are empty. I need to know how to get back to the one file of each. The OK files are in \\Personal Folders. The empty ones are in something like \\Personal Folders\Draft\Draft\Draft\ ......... There are probably 100 od the draft ones set up in the system, and they don't appear to be deleted when I do a manual delete. HELP PLEASE! Rod Rod <rodlg000@yahoo.com> wrote: > I have just transferred my o...

Rename files with VBA
Afternoon, I want to rename some files in a folder using vba. Preferable what I would like to do is a)find file x in folder a b)rename file x to xy Please can you help, Cheers, Michelle You can use the Name...As statement to do this... Name "c:\Dir1\Dir2\OldFileName.ext" As "c:\Dir1\Dir2\NewFileName.ext" Just change the example path, filename and extension to those for your actual situation. Note that you must provide the full path for both the old file name and the new filename for this statement to work. -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "...

.gip file inserting
HI I want to insert a .gip file into the body of an email. I have always been able to do this in the past but since I have updated to Office Outlook 2007 the file is not animated. I can insert as an attachment but not into the body of the email. Please help if you can. Cheers Jenny You mean gif? Gif-files do not animate in Outlook 2007. For further details and workarounds see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/107 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more ...

PNG files not displayed correctly
An image has its picture property set to a .png file. Most of the image appears correctly, except for faded borders. These can be viewed alright in most other applications, but appear black within Access, making the image look rubbish. Suggestions? ...

update links
Is there a way in VBA to detect if the source file for a specific link is open? '/================================================/ ' Function Purpose: Returns TRUE if workbook is open ' Returns FALSE if workbook is NOT open ' syntax of strWkbkName is FULL Name ' example: "D:\Temp\Hello.xls" ' strWkbkName must be a string ' '/================================================/ Public Function WorkbookIsOpen(strWkbkName As String) As Boolean Dim blnResult As Boolean Dim iWorkbooks As Double, x...

Problems playing video files in WMP 11
When I am playing a video file in Windows Media Player I can't pause the playback by single clicking on the video. Also double clicking on the video does not make the player to enter the full screen mode. Please note that the above problems are not extension or video specific and also that they have started recently and were not there before. Forgot to mention the following:- I can still however enter the full screen by pressing alt + enter and also by right clicking and selecting the appropriate option. I am using Windows XP with SP3 installed. Hi, What happens wh...

deleted or filed emails keep reappearing into inbox
Hello, I have a user that when ever he deletes an email or even if he files an email and moves it to a folder, a few days later that email keeps coming back to his inbox. He is using Outlook2007, is connected to Exchange 2007 and he's also a blackberry user on BES 5.0. I have tried the following: - recreating his profile in Outllook , -checked on his blackberry to make sure Mailbox wins on conflicts,- - he has no rules in Outtlook -turn on/off the Cashed mode Any ideas? ...

How do I stop Excel auto formatting the text 3-4 as 04 Apr?
I run a web query that imports soccer results to Excel. Unfortunately the web site formats the result as 3-1 for example. This text is automatically converted to 03 Jan by Excel. I can't seem to stop this happening, even if I explicitly set the cell format to text. Doing so just converts the contents, which were a date, to the internal date number and if I re load the data it reverts to 03 Jan again. Does anyone know how I might get excel to leave the format of the cells alone? thanks ahughf There is no turn off for this, you can either preformat the cells as text or precede the e...

changing the xml file
I have this xml file below, I want to change the value of debug to false. How can I do this in C# or VB.net. if possible in this case I want use SelectSingleNode <?xml version="1.0"?> <configuration> <configSections> <section name="dataConfiguration" type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Configuration.DatabaseSettings, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data" /> </configSections> <connectionStrings> </connectionStrings> <appSettings> <add key="connectionString"...

how do I copy only the contents of an email to word doc file
I'm trying to copy only the contents of an email to a word document file and the entire of the outlook page gets copied, how do I copy only the contents. I'm on XP windows On Wed, 25 May 2005 02:31:03 -1000, Angelina <Angelina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm trying to copy only the contents of an email to a word document file > and > the entire of the outlook page gets copied, how do I copy only the > contents. > I'm on XP windows Select the contents, click copy. Go to Word, click Paste. No? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP-OneNote/Outlook...

excel closes when trying to open certain files
Excel 2003 will close when trying to open a specific file. When Excel is reopened the file is in the recovery box. When I open the file from the recovery box it gives a message that the file is too corrupt to repair and most of my data is gone along with any formatting. This is the only file that seems to be affected and it use to open without any problems. The same file will open on other computers with Excel 2003 without any problems. The only difference between this file and others that seem to have no problem is before the file opens, it ask to disable or enable macros. This f...

Code error in creating text files
Hi All I'm trying to create a form where you can generate a series of text files that come from a spreadsheet. The spreadsheet has 7 columns and each text file should have 7 entries in it (a single record/row). The spreadsheet looks like: Name Value 1 Value 2 Value 3 Value 4 Value 5 Value 6 With the code I have I want the text files to have the format: Value 1 Value 2 Value 3 Value 4 Value 5 Value 6 The file will have the text from the name column as its filename. However instead of the extension .txt for a text file I would like to have the extensions .jgw and .jpw and .t...

File Backup failed on Win2003 cluster
Hi, we have a protection group that backs up three folders which are on a failover cluster (Win2003). It was working fine, but then following error started to appear: Description: Recovery point creation jobs for Volume F:\ have been failing. The number of failed recovery point creation jobs = 18. If the datasource protected is SharePoint, then click on the Error Details to view the list of databases for which recovery point creation failed. (ID 3114) Cannot create a recovery point because of a transient problem. (ID 215 Details: Unknown error (0x80042306) (0x80042306)) ...