Changing Portfolio Views

MS Money Deluxe Deluxe, Win XP Sp3
Online updates expired.
If I remove a column from a custom or pre-set Portfolio View
and then save it, it wipes out all of the columns and they can't
be restored.
If this is a result of the online updates having expired then this
program is done.  It's over.
Don't try this without a current backup.
HTH -Kevin N.

0
Kevin
4/15/2010 2:59:52 AM
money 28651 articles. 1 followers. Follow

This was apparently some sort of glitch.  The next morning
I could edit the columns without incident.
Whew!
"Kevin" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> MS Money Deluxe Deluxe, Win XP Sp3
> Online updates expired.
> If I remove a column from a custom or pre-set Portfolio View
> and then save it, it wipes out all of the columns and they can't
> be restored.
> If this is a result of the online updates having expired then this
> program is done.  It's over.
> Don't try this without a current backup.
> HTH -Kevin N.

0
Kevin
4/15/2010 1:18:52 PM
     I don't think this behavior is related to the expiration of online
updates.  Awhile back I had a similar problem with Money 2007.  I made quite
a few changes to the columns in the Portfolio View and it became impossible
to make further changes or get back to where I started.  IIRC, I tried a
quick file repair to no avail and finally had to restore a backup.
     Since then I have made occasional single changes to the columns in the
Portfolio View with no problems.  You might try making one or two changes,
saving, and closing MSMoney.  Or maybe there is one specific column change
that causes this behavior?
--
Bill Becker

"Kevin" wrote:

> MS Money Deluxe Deluxe, Win XP Sp3
> Online updates expired.
> If I remove a column from a custom or pre-set Portfolio View
> and then save it, it wipes out all of the columns and they can't
> be restored.
> If this is a result of the online updates having expired then this
> program is done.  It's over.
> Don't try this without a current backup.
> HTH -Kevin N.
>

> .

Thanks Bill,
The only reason I was even changing the columns was because the 'Change'
and the 'Today's Total Change' columns no longer function. (expired updates)
I've been using PocketSense:
http://sites.google.com/site/pocketsense/home/msmoneyfixp1
to obtain online updates.
Even so the prior mentioned columns remain non-functional.
I'm not going to screw around with the columns - leave well enough alone.
Thanks again,
-Kevin N.

"Bill Becker" <BillBecker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>     I don't think this behavior is related to the expiration of online
> updates.  Awhile back I had a similar problem with Money 2007.  I made
> quite
> a few changes to the columns in the Portfolio View and it became
> impossible
> to make further changes or get back to where I started.  IIRC, I tried a
> quick file repair to no avail and finally had to restore a backup.
>     Since then I have made occasional single changes to the columns in the
> Portfolio View with no problems.  You might try making one or two changes,
> saving, and closing MSMoney.  Or maybe there is one specific column change
> that causes this behavior?
> --
> Bill Becker
>

> "Kevin" wrote:
>
>> MS Money Deluxe Deluxe, Win XP Sp3
>> Online updates expired.
>> If I remove a column from a custom or pre-set Portfolio View
>> and then save it, it wipes out all of the columns and they can't
>> be restored.
>> If this is a result of the online updates having expired then this
>> program is done.  It's over.
>> Don't try this without a current backup.
>> HTH -Kevin N.
>>

>> .

0
Kevin

External data link change

Why does the change change to a number?

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

Track Changes

more on VBA function name change

I don't have MS Publisher, how can I view a .pub file?
Someone sent me a .pub file and I don't have Publisher. How can I view the ..pub file? Thanks, Mike Archangel Get the sender to re-send it in .pdf format, go and buy Publisher for yourself.. there is no viewer available.. -- Mike Hall MVP - Windows Shell/User "Archangel" <Archangel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4CF3827-F640-4ECD-AB52-F93CA89934A5@microsoft.com... > Someone sent me a .pub file and I don't have Publisher. How can I view > the > .pub file? > > Thanks, > > Mike ...

Filter contact records by customer type code in views
In version 1.2 I had set up several views of contact records by customer type code. In 3.0 this field cannot be selected as filtering criteria. While the views I had set up in 1.2 work, that cannot be changed. Is there a reason this field is no longer avialable under 3.0? This field is listed attribute. Is there a way to may it appear? Thanks for any help you can give. Brand Microsoft CRM Support maybe of help with this one, try submiting a incident for this. Good luck. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. www.workopia.com "Brand" wrote: > In version 1.2 I had set up several v...

How to change icon for my application

How to change newsgroup message font

Change a formula to an acual number

Problem Changing an Investment Name

Should I change this code?

How to change default font in Outlook 2003

icon changes with change of extension

Field Type Change

Sent messages viewed as spam on other domains
I've just set up a Server 2003 environment with Exchange 2003. I'm working on sending and receiving messages using the Outlook Web Access feature. I am able to send and receive messages to other domains, say address@gmail.com or address@yahoo.com. My problem is that my email messages are going into Google and Yahoo's spam folders. How do I prevent my outgoing messages as being viewed as spam? Thanks Hans On 19 Sep 2006 11:55:42 -0700, "hans" <hans.russell@gmail.com> wrote: >I've just set up a Server 2003 environment with Exchange 2003. I'm >wo...

Tracking Changes

Save Changes? #2

colour change of dated box

Daylight saving time changes for Exchange 2003 server
Hi guys, I was wondering how other real life systems administrators are preparing for the upcoming “2007 global time zone update for Windows” (daylight time change for exchange 2003 server). I'd like to know what contingency plans are being planned out to implement this update and what practical ideas you think thus far are the best. I would greatly value your input. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/timezone/dst2007.mspx -Thanks! ...

changes made but how do I revert !
When I deleted messages they used to dissapear straight away. Now when I delete a message it has a strike through line but the message remains, although it dissapears after I close outlook. I should also add that I use SPAM Inspector but I think this is an Outlook problem caused by some changes. the moral here is change one thing at a time ! Any ideas from anyone. email address required remove to be removed ! Kind regards Nigel Are you using an IMAP account? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.co...

Question about Excel (Office) auditing/changes
I have a document that will need to be posted on a website available for users to download & change/approve. The approval process will not make any changes at all to the document. However, I do need to know they've opened the document. Is there a way to get the name/machine/ip or something regarding who opens a file and when they open it? If so, I would like to do something like that, and either write it to something in the spreadsheet or as an audit trail in a database. If there's no way to do this, I am considering writing a small app that requires them to sign in (somet...