Changing MSN Bill Pay to Bank service

I'm using Money 2005 and MSN Bill Pay. I want to use my bank's service 
instead. I can't get MSN Billpay off my checking account so I can pay my 
bills directly through my banks services.

How do I do it?

Thanks,

Lou 


0
knowspam (12)
12/22/2005 12:01:15 AM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

5 Replies
370 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 3

Lou,

Sounds like you merged your bank account with your bill pay account!

I would recommend disabling then re-enabling (without merge) online
services for the account.

Post back with any problems or questions.  Not sure how any of the
recent MSN Bill Pay changes may have affected these types of
situations!

Regards,
JB

Lou Venema wrote:
> I'm using Money 2005 and MSN Bill Pay. I want to use my bank's service
> instead. I can't get MSN Billpay off my checking account so I can pay my
> bills directly through my banks services.
> 
> How do I do it?
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> Lou

0
johnbusc (409)
12/22/2005 5:50:24 AM
I haven't merged them, that I know of. I originally set up the account to 
use MSN Billpay when I originally started to use Money. The properties for 
the account show the financial institution to be Billpay.

Now I want to use my banks services as it is cheaper. I can connect to the 
bank and download any transaction that it processes, but when ever I try to 
pay a bill Money defaults to using MSN Billpay. The downloaded transaction 
go to a new account - checking #2.

I have disabled MSN Bill Pay services so when I try to pay a bill Money 
sends me to MSN Bill pay to complete the transaction.

A few months ago I lost the Billpay service and spent about 3 hours on the 
phone with Microsoft. At that time I had a new account set up by Money that 
I had to download all my transaction into then delete the old account. I 
hope I don't have to do that aging.

Thank for the help.

Lou
<johnbusc@hotmail.com> wrote in message 
news:1135230624.026246.28620@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> Lou,
>
> Sounds like you merged your bank account with your bill pay account!
>
> I would recommend disabling then re-enabling (without merge) online
> services for the account.
>
> Post back with any problems or questions.  Not sure how any of the
> recent MSN Bill Pay changes may have affected these types of
> situations!
>
> Regards,
> JB
>
> Lou Venema wrote:
>> I'm using Money 2005 and MSN Bill Pay. I want to use my bank's service
>> instead. I can't get MSN Billpay off my checking account so I can pay my
>> bills directly through my banks services.
>>
>> How do I do it?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Lou
> 


0
knowspam (12)
12/22/2005 6:16:11 AM
"Lou Venema" <knowspam@att.net> wrote in message 
news:Lwrqf.4261$fO5.726@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com...
>I haven't merged them, that I know of. I originally set up the account to 
>use MSN Billpay when I originally started to use Money. The properties for 
>the account show the financial institution to be Billpay.
>
> Now I want to use my banks services as it is cheaper. I can connect to the 
> bank and download any transaction that it processes, but when ever I try 
> to pay a bill Money defaults to using MSN Billpay. The downloaded 
> transaction go to a new account - checking #2.
>
> I have disabled MSN Bill Pay services so when I try to pay a bill Money 
> sends me to MSN Bill pay to complete the transaction.
>
> A few months ago I lost the Billpay service and spent about 3 hours on the 
> phone with Microsoft. At that time I had a new account set up by Money 
> that I had to download all my transaction into then delete the old 
> account. I hope I don't have to do that aging.

Change the bank for the account? Backup Money and test restoring from the 
backup, before you do that.
-- 
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL



0
NoSpam1246 (979)
12/22/2005 1:30:28 PM
Lou Venema wrote:
> The downloaded transaction
> go to a new account - checking #2.

I assume the new account is the one associated with your bank and not
with MSN Bill Pay.  If so, are you selecting this new account (checking
#2) when entering the bill payment?

JB

0
johnbusc (409)
12/22/2005 1:35:11 PM
I finally got it straight.

I could not change the financial institution of the bank account from MSN 
Bill pay to my bank. I exported the account, then deleted the old account. I 
then imported the account and was able to set up the online billpay from the 
bank. The bank also had to make a change on their end somewhere to allow 
Money to recognize they were a billpay provider. Backups were made each step 
of the way to make sure I could recover. Now I just have to delete some 
duplicate transactions to the accounts that were downloaded in error. 
Otherwise everything is working fine.

Thanks to every one that offered solutions.

Lou
"Chris Cowles" <NoSpam@For.me> wrote in message 
news:%23yD$ivvBGHA.628@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> "Lou Venema" <knowspam@att.net> wrote in message 
> news:Lwrqf.4261$fO5.726@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com...
>>I haven't merged them, that I know of. I originally set up the account to 
>>use MSN Billpay when I originally started to use Money. The properties for 
>>the account show the financial institution to be Billpay.
>>
>> Now I want to use my banks services as it is cheaper. I can connect to 
>> the bank and download any transaction that it processes, but when ever I 
>> try to pay a bill Money defaults to using MSN Billpay. The downloaded 
>> transaction go to a new account - checking #2.
>>
>> I have disabled MSN Bill Pay services so when I try to pay a bill Money 
>> sends me to MSN Bill pay to complete the transaction.
>>
>> A few months ago I lost the Billpay service and spent about 3 hours on 
>> the phone with Microsoft. At that time I had a new account set up by 
>> Money that I had to download all my transaction into then delete the old 
>> account. I hope I don't have to do that aging.
>
> Change the bank for the account? Backup Money and test restoring from the 
> backup, before you do that.
> -- 
> Chris Cowles
> Gainesville, FL
>
>
> 


0
knowspam (12)
12/29/2005 3:13:10 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

External data link change
Hi, I've a sheet linked to an external data on the net, and I would like that a cell in this sheet to indicate the last date and time it was updated, the simplest way the better but I can do some programming too. Thanks for your attention, -- Domingos Junqueira No need of help any more, I solved the question. Thanks again ...

Why does the change change to a number?
Hi all, I've noticed something wierd and always wondered WHY it happens. When you type a date into a cell, and then change the Formatting of it to a 'general' cell, it turns into a number. How does it come up with that number? What is the significance? i.e. type today's date of "12/7/2007" - change it to a 'General' format, and it then says "39423". I'm a trainer of Excel and this question always comes up. I'm curious myself too. Thanks! Joe It's the number of days since January zero 1900 using Excel default for windows (M...

Average days to pay #3
I just need a help from you all. Can any one of you please provide me the formula for caluclating average days to pay? And is debit memo's are considered for it? Please clarify. Thanks in advance. Hi Shree, Please find below the information on how the Average days to pay is calculated. TechKnowledge Content Issue: When and how is the Average Days to Pay calculated in the Customer Credit Summary window (Cards|Sales|Summary|Credit Summary)? Resolution: The Average Days to Pay field is updated when a debit document is fully applied. The average is recalculated as the document i...

changing the way Excel displays selected cells
Is there a way to change the way Excel displays selected cells? I'm interested in viewing all the selected cells highlighted (with light blue for instance), but by default excel highlights all the cells but not the first one the same occurs when you define a range with no adyacents cells Your definition of the display is not quite correct. Excel highlights the current cell, Excel also highlights a selecte range. The currently selected cell is generally the first of a range, bu press enter and the current cell changes and becomes the second, the third etc in the range. You cannot...

Intermittent Service Unavailable
A new install of MOSS 2007 is working fine, except we experience random"service unavailable" errors. Hit refresh a couple of times, and you're back to business. This only occurs 2 or 3 times a day, and only when there are around 20+ users on the SharePoint site. When fewer users are on the site, it does not occur. Environment is MOSS 2007 SP2 installed on Server 2008 SP1, using SQL 2008 RTM on separate database server running Server 2003 R2 SP2. This only happens on the main intranet site and is essentially just the application pool crashing, then restarting....

DST changes for Exchange 5.5
I noticed the 2007 DST Calendar Update "Exchange tool" is available now: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/930879 This will seemingly take care of calendars for mailboxes still on Exchange 5.5 servers, as Exchange 5.5 is listed as "compatible" . However would this address the CDO issues such as BlackBerry users and OWA users still on Exchange 5.5 ? Thanks in advance, Itrcb4 On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 14:31:00 -0800, itrcb4 <itrcb4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I noticed the 2007 DST Calendar Update "Exchange tool" is available now: > >http://su...

Track Changes
How do i remove the track changes in outlook? When i press "Enter", a symbol that represents "Enter" will appears. Same for space etc. ...

MSN Direct Calendar Add-In
I am an MSN DIrect subscriber with a SMART watch. However, when I try to install the MSNDirectCalendarAddIn on my PC, either the one with Outlook 2007/Vista or the one with Outlook 2003/XP, the installation fails on msxml6.dll I really do use this syncronization feature - PLEASE HELP!! What os were you using it on before? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter ab...

more on VBA function name change
I thought I'd start a new thread since I haven't received any replies to my first one... To recap: I've declared a function in a module using mixed case: Function TMDE_Category (FormName As Form) I noticed recently that it appeared in the module as Function tmde_category(FormName As Form) I changed it back to the mixed case declaration, saved the module, exited the app, reopened it and looked. The function had changed back to the all lowercase declaration. Things I've tried since the original post: Using the databse documenter, I selected all ob...

Can't Publish changes with Deploy Manager
After a migration process, I can't publish the changes made on CRM. When I try do this in Deploy Manager I get the follow error: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----- Publish done with errors. See the event log to get deitails NETRA-INOVACAO: ***Error*** Failed to download XSL template files from Web Server ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----- Can somebody help me? I don't know if the migration process have any relationship with the error. Thank you for pay attention. []'s Vin´┐Żcius Pitta...

How to change icon for my application
Hi, I am currently developing an application on visual studio 6.0, and i wish to change the MFC icon on my application header. Anyone can help? Thank you. Raed Sawalha wrote: > Hi, I am currently developing an application on visual studio 6.0, and i > wish to change the MFC icon on my application header. Anyone can help? Thank > you. > > Open the icon resource for editing by double clicking. Then notice the control just above the editing grid that lets you switch between editing the large icon and editing the small one. -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] thanx that work...

How to change newsgroup message font
Like many other ribbon based programs I sometimes struggle to find how to make a change. This time its how to change the font just for newsgroup messages? regards "nobody" wrote in message news:EWTao.39493$GF5.7129@hurricane... > Like many other ribbon based programs I sometimes struggle to find how to make a change. This time its how to change the font just for newsgroup messages? Newsgroup messages are usually plain text. The font used is that selected at [no name tab] > Options > Mail > Read > Fonts for the encoding specified for the messag...

Cannot open file after installing Office 2007 Service Pack 2
I cannot open the publisher files after I installed Office 2007 Service Pack 2. Does anybody know what to do? Luckily one of our PCs has not yet the SP2. this way I can at least work. Thanks for help Stefan Are you getting an error? You may have to do a registry fix: Error message when you try to open a publication in Publisher: "Publisher cannot open the file" or "Publisher has detected a problem http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928890/en-us Do you have Norton? How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329820/en-us ...

Service Pack 2 woes
I installed Office Service pack 2 on several users and have run into an issue. The problem seems to only manifests itself on user who do not have admin rights. The issues surrounds scheduling resources. When a non-admin rights user schedules a meeting with a resource (conference room) and presses the send button, the immediately get an error message like: "The item could not be moved. It was either already moved or deleted, or access was denied. Unable to directly book a resource for this meeting" If I remove SP2 then all things return to normal and the user can now rese...

Paying a vendor that is also a customer
I have a customer that I sometimes buy materials from. How can I show a deduction from an invoice as payment for materials. Or is this not possible in Money because it is an income and expense in the same transaction? ...

Notify change of email address when changing ISP
How do I notify my entire address book of an email address when I change ISP's? Thanks By sending a mail to everyone ? If you do so, please use BCC for the adresses, this way you won't spread everybody's e-mail adres to everybody. Niels Bob Baker wrote: > How do I notify my entire address book of an email address when I change ISP's? > Thanks ...

Change a formula to an acual number
I want to change the formula I have created to the number it has created Example: Cell A1 is the number 1. Cell A2 is the formula =a1+1 creatin the number 2. I want this to be a two not a formula. Any ideas? Laura, copy, then paste special, valves -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2000 & 97 ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "Laura" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

Problem Changing an Investment Name
I am trying to change an investment name and Money 2006 tells me "The name or symbol 'TRP Spectrum Income' has already been used for a deleted investment. Please enter a different name." When I go to delete investments the name does not appear! Any ideas on how I get Money to accept the name change? This is the first time I have run into this situation and I have made numerous name changes in Money over the years. In microsoft.public.money, Ken wrote: >I am trying to change an investment name and Money 2006 tells me "The name >or symbol 'TRP Spec...

Should I change this code?
Should I change 556 to 560???..............Thanks for your help..........Bob Private Sub Command560_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Command556_Click Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String stDocName = "frmClientInfomation" DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria Exit_Command556_Click: Exit Sub Err_Command556_Click: MsgBox Err.Description Resume Exit_Command556_Click End Sub On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 16:37:26 +1200, "Bob V" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote: > >Should I change 556 to 560???..............Thanks for your help.....

How to change default font in Outlook 2003
Can someone tell me how to change tthe default font in Outlook 2003 when composing a new email. It always comes up as Times New Roman. I remember somewhere that I specified that Outlook should use Word as the text editor and that seems to be the case. I have Arial as my default font in Word but this seems to make no difference when using Outlook. Hi, Please go to Tools > Setting > Mail Format > Stationery and Fonts > Fonts It's right there :) On 20 Nov 2005 06:28:45 -0800, amarsarit@gmail.com wrote: >Hi, >Please go to Tools > Setting > Mail Format > Statione...

icon changes with change of extension
when we change the extension of a file in windows, its icon also changes..... how does windows do tht. in my application i require a similar approach. i want the icon to be dependent on the file extension not on the attributes of the file. i have gone trough the registry but things are not very clear. Windows has listed all the file extensions avaliable there, but there is no general way to extract icons for those extension... kindly help icon changes with change of extension "Neelu" <nemesia31@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1161232739.720722.120950@b28g2000cwb.google...

Apay (automatic pay)
Using Money 2006 My bank supports e-pay (Apay in Microsoft talk) and I am enrolled. When setting up a bill for next month (September 1) - it sends it today. Or so it seems. I get a dialog saying "sending to capital one", for example. I also note the deduction in my account register. of course this leaves a negative balance as the cash is not in the account because there is no pay yet This behaviour is ok on my end. However, will my bank see this transaction today or on the date it is to be paid? I am worried they will charge overdraft. Also, what do I need to do to get the ava...

Field Type Change
I am trying to change a free text field to a drop down menu in my current database, that already has data entered for this particular field, in order to avoid multiple versions of the same organization that are just typed in differently. I'm assuming that I'll need to recode the different versions of an entry to make them uniform but after that, I'm unsure how to proceed so I won't lose any data. Is this possible or will I need to delete the field, recreate it as a drop down and then re-enter the data? Thanks in advance! Mike Thanks everyone for all the input and advice s...

Tracking Changes
I am the author of a document and am making revisions to it. I want to chnage the redline color to denote new edits from the 1st version. Can anyone guide me through this process? I am sure it is easy but I cannot figure it out. THanks Peter On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 07:08:06 -0800, Peter SSI <Peter SSI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am the author of a document and am making revisions to it. I want to >chnage the redline color to denote new edits from the 1st version. Can >anyone guide me through this process? I am sure it is easy but I cannot >figure i...

Save Changes? #2
Sometimes, but not always, Excel asks if I want to save the current file, even though I've made no changes. Does anyone know why this occurs, and if there is a setting I can change to avoid the prompt unless actual changes are made? Thank you. Sprinks There are a number of functions that will update themselves when the workbook is opened, and this causes Excel to act as though the workbook has been changed. These functions include NOW() , TODAY(), ROW(), etc. See Volatile Functions in help for more info. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consult...